[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

35 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

I think the script writer waste her time too much on romance that most of mysteries still not open up yet. Who killed grandma and the doctor, who killed Mrs. Song, what is the purpose of cookies in the go down of palace, the smell in the garden, what's the island, Is it true Sunny is the richest one among all of them, what about the ex-guard of Seo Hyun, prime minister and Kang Hee...oh my..so many and yet she still focusing on the romance department while until now Sunny didn't get any clues. She was better alone hiding here and there to get the proof rather than aproaching the emperor who only think how to can sleep with her...sighhh...

I even do not care who Sunny will choose because I don't like how writer make herself so easy to forgot every sacrifices Woobin made for him just because the sudden fool acting by Hyuk. I said this many times that the person who need justice the most are Na Wang Sik, Dongsik and Byun. They lost their beloved family. Na Wang Sik= his mom, Dongsik = his dad and Byun = his daughter. Other than these three characters, I don't really care XD.

This comment is so apt. I'm so curious about Kang Ju Seung (the previous guard) and where he's been carted to. You'll remember that Hyuk did not find him in the mental hospital room the last time (or am I wrong?).

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is still a lot that needs to be uncovered and revealed and I am just waiting for the villains to get what's coming to them, so after everything that ED has done and her getting exposed in the previous ep she only gets some sort of community service punishment..? When exactly will they be arrested..? What exactly will completely bring down the bad guys/palace..?

i watch this drama for princess ari now. i used to dislike her character in early episodes but somehow im rooting for her to be the next empress. i hope sunny will stay with her though. 

anddd someone please give that girl daesang. what a great acting! 

jang nara looked like an angel in hanbok.. soo pretty!! 

I am pretty sure it's because of SSR that's playing LH's character that I don't HATE him. I actually feel bad for him in a way, because he is widely used by Yura and his mom. Everyone's been trying to get close and manipulate him to their larger interest, which is sad.

I don't agree that LH should have a happy ending, of course but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve any type of love. I think there's still a back story as to NWS's mother's death, to be fair. And if one really thinks about it, everything LH has done is for SOMEONE to approve of him and love him. Even now, Sunny getting LH to her room, and misleading Yura and recording him is all manipulation in some ways too.

I kind of don't want Sunny to end up with anyone and just focus on her mission to get rid of whoever it is and just get outta there... All I know is... This is likely the first time I'm not on a ship for anyone!

49 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

Who killed grandma and the doctor, who killed Mrs. Song, .

The only mystery is grandma's death. The other two killed themselves. 

Is it true Sunny is the richest one among all of them,

Yes she is. If she is given back her inheritance.

----

She was better alone hiding here and there to get the proof rather than aproaching the emperor who only think how to can sleep with her...sighhh...

I even do not care who Sunny will choose because I don't like how writer make herself so easy to forgot every sacrifices Woobin made for him just because the sudden fool acting by Hyuk. 

I don't see Sunny forgetting Woobin's help. I for one, think she holds it at heart. Evenmore after hearing Woobin only has 3 months to live. Sunny getting along with Hyuk is part of her plan. She did get info about who poisoned the lunchbox she made for granny out of drunk Hyuk. Getting on the his good side will be beneficial to whatever her plan is. Even Woobin himself is playing Hyuk like a fiddle, he feigns brotherhood with Hyuk in front of Yoon. Both Sunny and Woobin have Hyuk in their hands. And i can't wait to see his reaction to being manipulated again and again. Hoho

@xprosperity heh. I dont ship anyone too in TLE. I'm not usually invested in a characters growth, but somehow with Hyuk i really want him to be a better person and beg forgiveness, repent, feel remorse for all his wrongdoings (maybe it does have to do with SSR playing him).

P/s: I didnt read any news or info before TLE aired. So i didnt know who is supposed to be the main lead. Nearly half way through the drama, I thought it was Hyuk since he was there since ep 1 and his scenes were in abundant compared to other characters :sweatingbullets:

i really like shin sung rok lol as an actor. i think his acting is great so im a bit bias hehe.. eventhough in this drama he plays the character of evil maniac king, i find it hard to hate him lol (dont hate me).. i dont know y but i want lee hyuk to hv good ending too even if its impossible..  i dont overthink about this drama anymore coz this is a makjang drama so the plot is quite over the top and i find romance is unnecessary. for me, i dont really see chemistry btween sunny-lee hyuk and sunny-woobin and it is not becoz of the actors but due to plot of the drama itself.. (but seeing how lee-hyuk tries so hard to get sunny’s attention cracked me up lol) 

as for ssr, heck he can be a lamp post in his next drama and i will still root for him hehehe.. 

6 hours ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

Wow, that's a pretty high rating.

Congrats to the TLE team.

I have no issue with LH-SN pairing but it would prefer it if it is done in a non comical manner. This is just making LH look dumb. He is supposed to be the nation's emperor :sweat:.

Ah, now that LH is stripped off his position, he no longer has any authority and thus, no use to SN. I am intrigued on how SN & WB plan to "use" LH.

I do feel sorry for him a bit in these last few episode. Like he said, everyone deserted him. SN & WB are his last ray of hope. Little did he know, both hated his a** as well :cry:.

That's the reason why Lee Hyuk's character is my least favorite (don't kill me XD). He just so dumb fool. Easy to manipulate here and there. I can't imagine having an emperor like him in real life...kkkk... And in this situation where everyone is busy for political issue or scandal in the palace, he just concern how to get Sunny's attention...Aigooo... And another habit that I really hate, he's tol easy for pointing someone with the gun. 

And I don't think Sojin is better. She threaten Sunny if she found out there's something between them, they'll destroy both. 

What about Yoon? I don't know. But at least until now no suspicious move from him. 

I'm not saying Woobin or Sunny are the best human being tho. But at least they fight for justice. 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:02 PM, larus said:

Lee Elijah To Play Villain In New SBS Thriller

by E. Cha

e starring in the upcoming SBS drama “Empress’s Dignity” (working title)!

On October 1, King Kong by Starship Entertainment announced, “Actress Lee Elijah will be appearing in SBS’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Empress’s Dignity’ in the role of Min Yu Ra. She will be greeting viewers as a villain, in an acting role completely different from the characters she’s played up until now, so please show her a lot of interest and support.”

“Empress’s Dignity” is a thriller set in an alternate universe, in which a constitutional monarchy exists in 2018. The drama will tell the story of a musical actress who finds herself living out a modern-day Cinderella story and marrying the emperor. While searching for true love and happiness, she ends up fighting her way through palace life and eventually bringing down the imperial family.

Lee Elijah’s character Min Yu Ra is a trusted confidante of the emperor Lee Hyuk (to be played by Shin Sung Rok) and a high-ranking palace official. Both a skilled worker and a highly perceptive observer, she is one of the key players in the palace’s inner politics.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1238725wpp/lee-elijah-play-villain-new-sbs-thriller

Well, this heroine is so beautiful and her characterization in the emperor is just simply great. So I watching the movie from this heroine from on the online....and was guilty that why I haven't watched the movie before. The modern-day Cinderella and marrying the emperor story is eventually the best when the love and bond makes the audience win of their fan story 

Well...it might be even harder not to root for Hyuk if he was made to be a charismatic emperor. Just saying. Hahaha. 

Thankfully the writer made such contrasting characters, it would be boring if both Hyuk and Woobin have similar personalities. And where is the conflict if Hyuk is not the way he is now. There wouldn't be this drama at all. It would be just a romcom instead of this delicious cray makjang. Lol.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:56 AM, PutriSalju said:

I even do not care who Sunny will choose because I don't like how writer make herself so easy to forgot every sacrifices Woobin made for him just because the sudden fool acting by Hyuk. I said this many times that the person who need justice the most are Na Wang Sik, Dongsik and Byun. They lost their beloved family. Na Wang Sik= his mom, Dongsik = his dad and Byun = his daughter. Other than these three characters, I don't really care XD. 

Dx0FDmcXgAAWYjF?format=jpg&name=900x900

I agree..But I wanted to add that Oh Sunny is a secondary victim too. She lost her bubbly life thinking that she'd live with her dreamy man. Instead she got a backstabbing immoral husband. It's also sad that how her mother died because ED didn't think twice about stealing the blood dying patient. So yeah..I think Sunny deserves better..much better than apparently pitiful Lee Hyuk. If Lee Hyuk wants to be saved he should get his mind together and try to do some right deeds, pay for his crimes. The idea of giving Lee Hyuk a better ending by sacrificing Sunny is too unjust.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, katakwasabi said:

But i think they are preparing for Hyuk's ultimate downfall. He is head over heels with Sunny, he'll do anything for her now. Being betrayed by Sunny will put a dagger in his already broken heart. Top that with being betrayed by his bestie Woobin, Hyuk will be broken even more.

Ykb1543989536996-600.jpg

That's why I'm not too disappointed at seeing Sunny-Lee Hyuk moment. Because I can see it, Sunny is preparing well. But Lee Hyuk is still trying to seek attention when he actually needs to take things that going on around him seriously. Though I'm not rooting for Lee Hyuk, it's still dampens my mood a bit when I see he is going deeper and deeper with self-pity and self-satisfaction at the same time. 

And.. Lee Hyuk repenting or not..I definitely don't want to see him dead at the end of the drama.

Questions that we keep asking 

1. Woo Bin has a bullet in his head. Will he die?

A. No, he will get a head transplant.  

2. I love Lee Hyuk. Will he die?

A. No. He serves prison and comes out and becomes Manny to replace Nanny.

3. What happens to Nanny?

A. She becomes the Prime Minister.

4. What?????

A. She marries the Prime Minister and kills him after a week of marriage and takes over his position.

5. What happens to Min Yura?

A. She goes to the cement mixer and coats herself with cement so that she can walk around undetected.

6. What happens to Sunny? 

A. She goes on a vacation to Cuba and meets a new young guy.

7. You're getting your dramas mixed up.

A. She goes on a vacation to Granada and meets a new rich guy?

That preview makes me feel like Lee Hyuk and Sunny are going to end up together. He's spending time with her as an ordinary guy, not as emperor. And she seems to be getting closer to him now as he tells her the truth....that last scene, he had tears in his eyes. Ah, it breaks my heart when he cries, like in the latest episode.

22 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Questions that we keep asking 

1. Woo Bin has a bullet in his head. Will he die?

A. No, he will get a head transplant.  

2. I love Lee Hyuk. Will he die?

A. No. He serves prison and comes out and becomes Manny to replace Nanny.

3. What happens to Nanny?

A. She becomes the Prime Minister.

4. What?????

A. She marries the Prime Minister and kills him after a week of marriage and takes over his position.

5. What happens to Min Yura?

A. She goes to the cement mixer and coats herself with cement so that she can walk around undetected.

6. What happens to Sunny? 

A. She goes on a vacation to Cuba and meets a new young guy.

7. You're getting your dramas mixed up.

A. She goes on a vacation to Granada and meets a new rich guy?

That preview makes me feel like Lee Hyuk and Sunny are going to end up together. He's spending time with her as an ordinary guy, not as emperor. And she seems to be getting closer to him now as he tells her the truth....that last scene, he had tears in his eyes. Ah, it breaks my heart when he cries, like in the latest episode.

Hahahaha. That head transplant :lol:. Sunny should actually migrate to another country with her inheritance and live a new super rich life, maybe meet a new rich older guy or cute younger guy along the way. 

Another WS beating.. Seriously though at this point how many more beatings and hit on the head can he take..?

Also my fav relationship on the show is WS/DS, the way DS was so worried about WS, its so sweet how much they care for each other and look out for each other. I do understand his reasons but it is sad that WS is so much about revenge that he is not even thinking about how much this will all affect DS if something happens to him. 

Thank you so much for translating the preview. @  stroppyse

@  the writer: Please quit playing games with our hearts. It's already difficult to resign ourselves to LH's end.:sweatingbullets: His goofiness is making it almost impossible to harden our hearts. :tears:

Has Princess Ari's nanny/ mum distanced her from Sunny? I am referring to that clip which shows Ari receiving text messages from Sunny. My heart breaks for that adorable girl.

Also, when LH was digging up the garden for the corpse and he was caught by the reporters, he had a black out. It was said that he had some 'mental' disease. Previously too, when he confronted his brother about the late empress's death, he looked disoriented. Can anyone shed some light on it? The male lead already has a bullet lodged in his skull, and now  we have the anti-hero acting disoriented. My anxiety levels are rising. My poor heart can't watch two handsome young men dying. :tears: Please Ms. Writer, don't kill them both. Our poor foolish hearts can't  bear this.

Archived