[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Err..

Haven't watched full episode yet..just bits and pieces..But I'm not really disappointed at todays episode other than Lee Hyuk is still acting immature around Sunny.

Oh Yes..Chun Woo Bin said to Emperor that he likes Sunny loud and clear.. No turning back from the truth.

Sunny vows to protect Na Wang Shik while Na Wang Shik is trying to protect her since the begining..What to do with this "protect each other couple." :(

Chun Woo Bin broke up with So Jin..which means he won't try to use her anymore. He seems to be sorry for her did with her. But Seo Jin will not back down..She threatened Sunny. At least someone in the family can add two and two. I mean Sojin has nice observation skill. :P

Sunny is definitly protecting Ari..Ari eventually understood that Oma Mama is the only one who truely cares for her.. poor baby. (It touched me a little when SKH cried that how could Ari the smart girl not know that she is her mother..well that's her own fault though..she taught Ari to value only those who holds position and ignore others.)

Sunny is playing well with ED, Min Yura, Seo Kang Hee and Lee Hyuk.. I'm loving it.

Oh and Woo Bin saying he'd serve Peyha till the end...He's the only one for him! :lol:..oh priceless!! What kind of wicked writing is that...I applaud the writer for adding this scene!

I was wrong to think that the patient was Kang Joo Seung.

Glad that Dong Shik is out of trouble..

And how I love Min Yura meeting Na Wang Shik..I've waited long for this!

So why I'm not disappointed that there's less screen-time for Sunny-Woo Bin?

Spoiler

Because I'm not sure but I feel like Sunny and Wang Shik are just going ahead with their own plan step by step. They're worried for future but that's not stoping them in ensuring justice. They're currently setting the nets so as to catch the fishes on time. B)

The overly animated Lee Hyuk scene's are now getting absolutely repetitive though! People who says they're enjoying those scenes-are you really? Because if we see closely only Lee Hyuk is enjoying their moments together, not Sunny. If he really loves her, he should at least observe her better. As much as I like watching Sunny manipulating Lee Hyuk, it's just getting too repetitive. I hope he'd pick up a strong character soon-be it good or bad.

Love it how Hel Ro teased ED saying "Ochaphi Myunri nen Oh-rai..:lol:" But what's with the torture scene in the preview. They better not end episode 21 by locking up Woo Bin.

DyK__LyUcAAcFPi.jpg

If they end the week like that I'll ....

giphy.gif

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Sunny was all about that that thug life in this episode . I just love her no nonsense attitude...and how she is playing all the bad people against each other. :joy:

- Glad to see that Yoon was clever enought to take a recording device with him when he went to see that doctor. He is not that useless at all.

- Love how WB boldly declared to LH that he like sunny even at the cost that he may loose his life. 

- I feel really bad for Ari...her mother is really disgusting to manipulate her like that. Sunny may not be Ari´s biological mother but she is 1000 times more like a what a true mother should be like  than that nanny.

- Wasn´t LH all about how he love Sunny and how he is going to protect her but when things got hard he just decided to give up? If he trully loved her he would still try to protect her even tho he is not the emperor anymore. 

- At one point I had the fear that the writer might change direction and force the LH-SN pairing especially after reading those k-netz comment but the fact that the writer keep using other characters to remind the emperor that he tried to kill Sunny two times...seems to be like a message from the writer that LH crimes against sunny has not been forgotten. Her ending up with him will undo all the character development she went through and the strong woman she had become. 

- I really hope that the torturing scene of WB won´t be the cliffhanger for tomorrow´s episode. That would be a real torture for us viewers. 

16 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

My personal opinion. I never found LH's character is attractive. I found him rather creepy. Not cute. That's why I don't get people say he's cute or pitiful. He is using himself to get Sunny's attention. He push her to stay with him. His mood keep changing. It is scary when someone act opposite from time to time. WB is ignoring Sunny perhaps emperor's order. 

I do feel this writer always make villain's character too deep which is wrong. It can make people feel sympathy for them while actually they need to be punished. How can people ask writer to kill WB's character while he's the one that actually deserve the happy ending because all the mess emperor's done? If there is a character that should be killed, it is Lee Hyuk. He was failed as the emperor, the oldest in his family, the father of his only child and the husband. 

And the chemistry of WB-SN also great. But the writer only give few second for their romance department. Most of time they were together are about revenge. So, how can we compare it? Even in the dance scene (where we expected much) still there was royal sibling....kkkk.... So if this two is still in the palace, we shouldn't request any romance from them XD. 

LH is creepy.  I seriously think he has some serious mental issues.  But, when we see flashbacks of his childhood, it's hard not to see him as pathetic.  No one should have had his childhood, and in a way, it's understandable why he turned out the way he did.  It's as though his mom wanted to create a psychopath.  I think what she meant to create was a weak and timid king, but she ended up creating a sociopathic coward/mama's boy.  He has no sense of sympathy towards others, but perhaps that's because he has never really known what it means to have been loved unconditionally.

I actually like the fact that the writer is trying to make the characters more complex.  A villainous character that is just all bad all the time would be rather boring after a while.

Personally, I'm not sure why anyone is really trying to push either of the love lines.  OSN had a one-sided celebrity crush on LH.  That was really cute.  She found out he was a complete jerk.  That jerk, then starts to like OSN.  In the meantime, there is NWS/CWB in the background.  But, at the end of the day, is the love lines what this drama is really about?  Sure, the original tag line was about a common girl marrying the emperor, but I think that from the first episode, we all knew that this drama was really about the mystery of previous Empress SH's death and all the palace intrigue that goes on.  It's about the corruption inside the palace, and most likely a commentary on how power corrupts.  The love lines, to me, are just filler that is thrown in there.  Almost like how on Running Man, or any other K-variety show, they always insist on creating some sort of love line.  Okay, admittedly, a very bad example here, but do you see what I mean?  The love lines are secondary and not even necessary.  I'm still curious to know who killed Grandma (the Great Dowager Empress).  I don't think that's really be shown, or has it?  I thought at one point they showed LH, but then there are so many flashbacks and it's unclear whether one is real or another villain just telling how it could have gone down.

41 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

LH is creepy.  I seriously think he has some serious mental issues.  But, when we see flashbacks of his childhood, it's hard not to see him as pathetic.  No one should have had his childhood, and in a way, it's understandable why he turned out the way he did.  It's as though his mom wanted to create a psychopath.  I think what she meant to create was a weak and timid king, but she ended up creating a sociopathic coward/mama's boy.  He has no sense of sympathy towards others, but perhaps that's because he has never really known what it means to have been loved unconditionally.

I actually like the fact that the writer is trying to make the characters more complex.  A villainous character that is just all bad all the time would be rather boring after a while.

Personally, I'm not sure why anyone is really trying to push either of the love lines.  OSN had a one-sided celebrity crush on LH.  That was really cute.  She found out he was a complete jerk.  That jerk, then starts to like OSN.  In the meantime, there is NWS/CWB in the background.  But, at the end of the day, is the love lines what this drama is really about?  Sure, the original tag line was about a common girl marrying the emperor, but I think that from the first episode, we all knew that this drama was really about the mystery of previous Empress SH's death and all the palace intrigue that goes on.  It's about the corruption inside the palace, and most likely a commentary on how power corrupts.  The love lines, to me, are just filler that is thrown in there.  Almost like how on Running Man, or any other K-variety show, they always insist on creating some sort of love line.  Okay, admittedly, a very bad example here, but do you see what I mean?  The love lines are secondary and not even necessary.  I'm still curious to know who killed Grandma (the Great Dowager Empress).  I don't think that's really be shown, or has it?  I thought at one point they showed LH, but then there are so many flashbacks and it's unclear whether one is real or another villain just telling how it could have gone down.

I think that it was Empress Dowager (Lee Hyuk's mom) who poisoned the food based on ep 39/40

9 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

What actually the writer wants? Because after emperor, now ED also make cute moments? Why don't the writer use the side characters for filling comedic roles? There is Sunny' family or Sojin. Give them more cutie scenes. I think the writer has obsession on villain characters. No wonder the conflicts keep dragging and ratings seem stuck or even decreased. 

And this fool emperor just thinking about the way to sleep with Sunny. So crazy. Well, she's his wife but if he really care of her, how can he doesn't feel she keep rejecting him? No development until now. We just stuck and round in the circle. 

I'm happy Yura found out Na Wang Sik which means we'll getting another chapter at least. 

I think the writer is trying so hard to make multidimensional and remarkable villains :D

11 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

I’m actually only watching for the emperor scenes and, surprisingly, the nanny scenes. She’s actually becoming a really interesting character. The other parts tho (especially with Lee Yoon) are not captivating me at all. 

Same here. I am all for Hyuk too. He is just entertaining to watch. 

Though i do understand the frustration of other viewers here, since there's minimal scenes between WB and Sunny.

But i think they are preparing for Hyuk's ultimate downfall. He is head over heels with Sunny, he'll do anything for her now. Being betrayed by Sunny will put a dagger in his already broken heart. Top that with being betrayed by his bestie Woobin, Hyuk will be broken even more.

I don't know why...but i don't think Hyuk will survive until the end. Even if he does live on, his life won't be the same and he will be at rock bottom.

Anyways, i did find Hyuk trying to fall into the pond weird. He is loony and cray and pathetic as some might say. But he was never shown to be suicidal before. So that scene was out of place to me. Imo, his gestures towards Sunny is inline with his current arc, and he seems to be goofy when he was with Sohyun too, so i kinda  buy his goofiness eventhough at times i cringe at the awkwardness with Sunny. Hahaha

Whatever it is..i'll stay till the end and go with the writer's flow~ writernim has surprised me several times in TLE, i hope it remains exciting until its final ep.

3 hours ago, leeybona said:

I saw the preview for the next episodes and I think Sunny will have an idea that the nanny drowned the late Empress

This is getting more excitinggggg

What happen to Chun Woo Bin?? 

Is he catched by ED?

Don't dare to touch him!!! Please..

Woo Bin face... nooo.... I hate you have scar again in his face. 

I don't like if Empress end with Woo Bin (or Lee Hyuk), I love if she stand by herself as an EMPRESS, that rule the nation. But I don't like if he hurt. I hate that evil ED torturing her enemy.

30 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Same here. I am all for Hyuk too. He is just entertaining to watch. 

Though i do understand the frustration of other viewers here, since there's minimal scenes between WB and Sunny.

But i think they are preparing for Hyuk's ultimate downfall. He is head over heels with Sunny, he'll do anything for her now. Being betrayed by Sunny will put a dagger in his already broken heart. Top that with being betrayed by his bestie Woobin, Hyuk will be broken even more.

I don't know why...but i don't think Hyuk will survive until the end. Even if he does live on, his life won't be the same and he will be at rock bottom.

Anyways, i did find Hyuk trying to fall into the pond weird. He is loony and cray and pathetic as some might say. But he was never shown to be suicidal before. So that scene was out of place to me. Imo, his gestures towards Sunny is inline with his current arc, and he seems to be goofy when he was with Sohyun too, so i kinda  buy his goofiness eventhough at times i cringe at the awkwardness with Sunny. Hahaha

Whatever it is..i'll stay till the end and go with the writer's flow~ writernim has surprised me several times in TLE, i hope it remains exciting until its final ep.

You know, at some point in the past, I even thought LH would die by sacrificing himself to save Sunny/WB and he would be reunited with Queen Sohyun, but then I came to realize that LH didn't actually love Sohyun. What LH really loves is "attention" and "affection", he will fall for the person who gives him these things. LH moved on easily after Sohyun died, and he would do it again if Sunny died (he might mourn Sunny's death but then he would move on for sure) because LH is a self-centered man who always loves himself the most.

12 minutes ago, rjnchan said:

You know, at some point in the past, I even thought LH would die and he would be reunited with Queen Sohyun, but then I came to realize that LH didn't actually love Sohyun. What LH really loves is "attention" and "affection", he will fall for the person who gives him these things. LH moved on easily after Sohyun died, and he would do it again if Sunny died (he might mourn Sunny's death but then he would move on for sure) because LH is a self-centered man who always loves himself the most.

Hehe  I just glance on the surface of things, i dont think much in depth when its in TLE :lol:

Anyways..it has been 7+ years since Sohyun died. So i couldn't say he moved on easily after her death. In fact we were never shown what happened in between those 7 years. For all we know, maybe he was in a bottomless pit until Yura came to fish him out with her manipulative schemes. Of course there are some who cling to the memories of the past more than others, but there are some who moves on easier too.

Imo, Hyuk and Yura's relationship is like what you said..for attention and affection. Little did he know earlier on that Yura had her own intentions. For sure he moved on fast after being with Yura in the earlier eps. Hua3

Yep Hyuk is selfcentred but I don't know if he loves himself or not. If he does, he wouldnt be downing bottles of alcohol like water. At this rate, he might die of liver failure :sweatingbullets:

9 minutes ago, leeybona said:

tbh this drama is making me feel stressed at some point haha! I also saw a comment somwhere on IG that only ep 43 and 44 will air next week? I hope that its not true or else ill die from waiting 

That is unfortunately true. I used to pride myself on being able to draw a clear line between a drama and my emotions but I actually felt so angry and frustrated today, and hearing that there'll only be one full episode next week threatened to ruin my mood hahaha

4 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

Personally, I'm not sure why anyone is really trying to push either of the love lines.  OSN had a one-sided celebrity crush on LH.  That was really cute.  She found out he was a complete jerk.  That jerk, then starts to like OSN.  In the meantime, there is NWS/CWB in the background.  But, at the end of the day, is the love lines what this drama is really about?  Sure, the original tag line was about a common girl marrying the emperor, but I think that from the first episode, we all knew that this drama was really about the mystery of previous Empress SH's death and all the palace intrigue that goes on.  It's about the corruption inside the palace, and most likely a commentary on how power corrupts.  The love lines, to me, are just filler that is thrown in there.  Almost like how on Running Man, or any other K-variety show, they always insist on creating some sort of love line.  Okay, admittedly, a very bad example here, but do you see what I mean?  The love lines are secondary and not even necessary.  I'm still curious to know who killed Grandma (the Great Dowager Empress).  I don't think that's really be shown, or has it?

I love my villain to be complex too, so I am enjoying watching LH...

I guess once in a while we need a reminder that this is a makjang genre. Like Lmangla has explained to us plenty of times before, this writer is known to give focus on the villains, to flesh out the villain's characters, but the villains always get punished, and the goodies will always triumphed at the end. So don't be too frustrated now because we still have many episodes ahead to see how the good take out the bad. Anyway, since WB is so determined to kill LH as his revenge for his mother, does anyone here actually think that LH will make it alive till the end of the drama?

The bold part above... unfortunately, it seems like eeeeeevery kdrama is deemed to have a love line. It's like a requirement... Some people even demanded love lines for show like "Forest of Secrets" (aka. Stranger) :huh:.... For me, I switch my watching mode and mood depending on the genre of the drama. It's okay to be a little bit shippy, but I think we need to keep in mind the main theme of the dramas we're watching also.

As for who killed Grandmama, yes it's still unclear who is the ultimate villain. So LH did see ED put poison in the dosirak Sunny prepared, but that is only to frame Sunny as the murderer. It doesn't prove that ED is the one who poisoned Grandmama. My bet is on the Nanny.

14 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:wub:OTP scene

Reveal hidden contents

Cto

Poor hottie chased out by angry bird Emperor

Oh gosh...  yesss... punch punch ...heeee

This comment is just hilarious hahaha. Couldn't stop laughing at the angry bird part. And I like hottie as WB/WS's nickname.

I think the script writer waste her time too much on romance that most of mysteries still not open up yet. Who killed grandma and the doctor, who killed Mrs. Song, what is the purpose of cookies in the go down of palace, the smell in the garden, what's the island, Is it true Sunny is the richest one among all of them, what about the ex-guard of Seo Hyun, prime minister and Kang Hee...oh my..so many and yet she still focusing on the romance department while until now Sunny didn't get any clues. She was better alone hiding here and there to get the proof rather than aproaching the emperor who only think how to can sleep with her...sighhh...

I even do not care who Sunny will choose because I don't like how writer make herself so easy to forgot every sacrifices Woobin made for him just because the sudden fool acting by Hyuk. I said this many times that the person who need justice the most are Na Wang Sik, Dongsik and Byun. They lost their beloved family. Na Wang Sik= his mom, Dongsik = his dad and Byun = his daughter. Other than these three characters, I don't really care XD.

Archived