[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

18 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

So, are they making Ari crowned princess or empress regnant based on the preview?

I'm sure ED just gave false hope to Seo Kang Hee. It's unlike keep her promise like that. I guess in the preview Empress Dowager is talking about Seo Kang Hee, that she wants to take her place, How dare she! My guess is- Ari is just giving trial by herself as she's too happy to hear the promise by ED/

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I'm sure ED just gave false hope to Seo Kang Hee. It's unlike her to give a word for something like that. I guess in the preview Empress Dowager is talking about Seo Kang Hee, that she wants to take her place, How dare she! My guess is- Ari is just giving trial by herself as she's too happy to hear the promise by ED/

I think what worries me about the voice in the background saying that the emperor was stripped of his position which, his brother in crown prince clothing, in another preview Sunni is in empress clothing being bowed to, etc. It makes me believe that Ari is being crowned crowned princess or regnant, Yoo is regnant, or maybe even the Empress is regnant until the investigation is over. I do not believe ED could keep her word or that she has the power to make Ari regnant now anyway. Because if they truly make Ari regnant, Sunni is still the legal mother which places her in danger from murderess Nanny.

Any thoughts?

I wonder how many more twists and turns the writer is giving in these last few episodes. How can she wrap them them all up in the next 8 short episodes or 4 1 hr episodes?.

If I am not mistaken, in the preview, MYR discovers that WB is fake. The man lying in the hospital bed is the real WB. Then she will discover WS is WB.If any kind soul can read Korean, we can then  confirm the name of patient on the card at the foot of the bed. I hope I am wrong. Can’t handle any more plot twists

Waiting for every Wednesday and Thursday is a torture but when it comes, watching it gives me heart attack:unsure:

18 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

While @ktcjdrama and @katakwasabi ,mistook today as Wednesday, the wished today was a wednesday...don't wanna guess..can't wait anymore. 

It does look like Lee Hyuk was suspended or something like that. We might see more of ED-Emperor fights. 

I dont guess with TLE. I just see what happens. And hope Hyuk doesnt die in this ep. Guessing messess with my brain hahaha

29 minutes ago, jbeanie1709 said:

I wonder how many more twists and turns the writer is giving in these last few episodes. How can she wrap them them all up in the next 8 short episodes or 4 1 hr episodes?.

If I am not mistaken, in the preview, MYR discovers that WB is fake. The man lying in the hospital bed is the real WB. Then she will discover WS is WB.If any kind soul can read Korean, we can then  confirm the name of patient on the card at the foot of the bed. I hope I am wrong. Can’t handle any more plot twists

Waiting for every Wednesday and Thursday is a torture but when it comes, watching it gives me heart attack:unsure:

The name of the patient is indeed Kim Woo Bin 

After seeing the preview, I wonder if  it’s ED who recruits LY in order to replace or to teach LH?  If so, it means LH will no longer have power and maybe become like his sister who survives with handouts? woww heehe  Then LH may learn something about the lives of ordinary people.    I want the writer to make him work in Sunny’s dad’s restaurant because he is so desperate.   
At this point LH doesn’t seem to understand fully about being  an emperor.  An emperor has immense power, almost absolute power but it also comes with a great responsibility  for the interest of the nation and its subjects.  

Sunny realized the title of the empress is about the nation’s mother.   Drama’s other  title is Empress’ Dignity ( proper behavior/her action)    

lHk7JVz.jpg

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201901291569785402?did=DA&dtype=&dtypecode=&prnewsid=

jangnara_id
"2019.01.29 Drama #TheLastEmpress OST Part.5 'Only for a day' by Seo Ji An, which expresses the heart of Chun Woobin (#ChoiJinHyuk)
will be released on music source sites at 6:00 pm KST on January 30th."

7 minutes ago, autumna said:

I am not really understanding MYR, so she exposes WS and then what? I just don't get her obsession with finding him, is it just about power and finding any means in staying within the palace..?

High five.. I also don't understand this obsession of her either.

If it's just directing her anger at Na Family for foiling her plan to be Empeor's Women or eventually being Empress.. she's such a lost cause. Apart for her being greedy and evil she seemed like a smart girl(I mean the way she fought against Empress Dowager was  really impresssive) to me when I first saw her..But now she's just being awfully dumb by being obsessed with exposing Na Wang Shik with her might.She's going down and down by using Dong Shik..What's her motive really!!

On the other hand saw a post about PD hinted twisted reversal..So you never know what happens...

1 hour ago, autumna said:

I am not really understanding MYR, so she exposes WS and then what? I just don't get her obsession with finding him, is it just about power and finding any means in staying within the palace..?

how cool would be if she was here to take revenge on her presumed dead lover who was queen's bodyguard ..

so all along.. :P

but then she hates her own kid too much

10 hours ago, supergal99 said:

i wanted to talk about the BTS/making clip.:lol: Seems like they are really enjoying filming this makjang drama hahaa...:lol:

(Hottie feeling 'hot' here:phew:)

Oh i liked that part where uri empress did the 'tap tap' on the Old Witch's shoulder:P

But this part looks creepy - the camerman says there is someone behind them ?:blink:

I loved the latest making film..This is the best yet. because we get to see the fun mood in the drama set.

I loved the scene where Jang Nara gestured to press the throat of So hyun, and Shin Sung Rok said in light tone "un un un"

Loved it when Jin Hyuk ask Jang Nara "You're finally getting slapped.." (So he was holding gradges!).

And he requested ED to do a good job! lol..

Spoiler

(Yeah @PutriSalju..Why're these two soo comfy..Should we fans be ready for an announcement.. I usually don't ship drama couples in reality but they're making it hard for me ignore :wub:)

Loved it when SSR used that annoying tone to ask for forgiveness and JN grimaced..

& how Chun Woo Bin fired up when ED slapped Sunny.

Overall such an entertaining making film video. 

11 hours ago, O said:

MYR and the guard, Kang were in a relationship.  Does that mean the boy DS is their son?  She claims to love Kang but the way she treats DS is not loving at all!   And why does the writer want to now throw in this ill-fated love? Are we supposed to pity MYR now?  

The writer seems to be wanting us to love the Emperor and MYR who have done atricious crimes!

I think that DS is their son.  I think she originally rejected DS because he was a reminder of how weak and ignorant she was.  I'm imagining that she was a stereotypical naive country girl who went to Seoul and fell in love with a palace guard.  Next thing she knows, she's abandoned by the guard and hears nothing from him.  She probably thought he just used and abandoned her.  I think she also always felt stifled by her circumstances of living in the country.  She was forced to return home when it became clear that she was abandoned and about to give birth.  Then, she just accepted the "lie" that DS is her "brother" because her "mom" adopted him.  But, in her mind, he's not even her real brother since she doesn't really consider the mom to be her mom.  And, she has wanted to cut all ties with NWS's family, which to her, includes DS.

1 hour ago, autumna said:

I think at this point, it's about a twisted sense of revenge.  She already started off thinking that NWS's family were chains around her that kept dragging her down when she was ready to move on to a Seoul girl.  Then, she thought she had everything set with LH, only to find that NWS was trying to expose her.  Right now, she blames everything on NWS.  She's forgotten that the ED hated her and would never have let her live, bc she honestly thinks that LH could have protected her.

8 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

I never noticed Choi Jin Hyuk before though I know some of his drama quite popular. But because of Woobin, the stoic bodyguard, I started to like him. I always has spot to actor who are great in silent acting because it is tough job. They should be able to deliver emotions without dialoques. I surpised to see how close Jin Hyuk and Nara in real life. 

I like CJH a lot after watching Tunnel. If u have not watched that show, try it. It's really nice. 

Watched Happy Together long time ago and learnt that CJH & JNR are long time friends. 

Reading the comments on Naver left me feeling discouraged and frustrated about WB & OS. Many viewers at this point feel the same way too. WB & OS love-line is being dragged for much too long. A lot of people kept commenting that WB is no-jaem (meaning not fun) to watch anymore. Others were asking that he be killed already so that LH & OS can have more screen time. Also a dip in viewer ratings were predicted for the remaining episodes. At this point, I'm just tired hahaha. The writer should get things together already. It's become frustrating really:bawling:

The screenwriter gave the hero's weight very short.You should write this character clear but it has time to show results through the page the little screen.
The King role is important but you choose an actor Choi jin hyuk is Male lead of hero.
Therefore the flow kick back. People are not in love with both of them.
The King role give weight very much.The people forget the reasons and the truth that the NWS character have the most 

pitiful living in the story. I confirm that this character is important.
He is very opposite to the King. 
I will follow this story until the end. 

The glad choi jin hyuk very much.

he uses the acting the characters very well.
The communication through the eyes , emotion impressive.
Even though,he is not the role outstanding.

Archived