[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

7 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Whats your excuse Bin?

Woo Bin is a real men just looks like Lee Hyuk said from the first they met. He is totally brave. 

Maybe he will say

1. That is his responsibility to guard the Emperor and Empress. What's wrong? 

2. Are you afraid? (Thats why LH point his sniper to Woo Bin)

3. You never love her, I love her more than you.

(This will be funny fight love triangle to get Sunny attention later), can we fight for Empress heart? 

4. If you shot me, do you think Empress will be okay, than love you? You became a murderer. 

5. The Empress don't know his feeling toward her. I just wanna protect her, now. 

6. After ED exposed, he and Sunny became more dangerous live in the palace. I don't know can you protect the Empress from your mother anger. 

7. I have no much time to live, so I will tell you the truth. He is NWS, I have a bullet in my brain that might kill me everytime. 

Lee Hyuk will reply 

1. Why are you develop your feeling toward my woman? How dare you!

2. I'm Lee Hyuk, the Emperor, how can I'm afraid of you, I can kill you right now!

3. (Lee Hyuk angry) I'm the Emperor, Sunny is mine, I love her so much, more than you! I wiil give everything I have for her, can you do that. Better you die ! Okay, we will have a fair competition to get Empress heart.

4. I'm the Emperor, she is the Empress, I just wanna her be mine, and only me. How dare you say I'm a murderer? I'll let you go, but never meet the Empress again. 

5. Do you think I'm incompetent to protect her? I'm the Emperor, I save you last time. 

6. Don't dare to speak ED again in front of me. You came to her without my permision. I will protect Sunny, I can protect her without You!

7. What?? You.... What is this, do you wanna die? 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we talk anout the end of their romance, Leehyuk-Sunny endgame is as difficult Woobin-Sunny tho. Sunny has loss her love/ fan girl period to leehyuk. So, eventhough she can forgive him or leehyuk become better person, Sunny won't end up with him because no love remained in her heart. However, Sunny-Woobin is more difficult. First, there was scandal made up about them by ED and Sunny's purpose also wanna make her name clear. Second, she's the empress. Isn't it funny when later she give up and marry to her ex-body guard? Korean will laugh to both of them. Rationally, Leehyuk-Empress is easier if only hyuk come clean and the empress at least still like him. But, if Woobin still alive and both Woobin-Sunny want to give their previous life, run away somewhere, then wb-sn could be the endgame. I still hope WB-SN is the endgame. But how the most smooth way? I don't know.

@sw33tm3lody and @flutterby06. Thank you both for the beautiful MVs. I especially like the the version made with Vietnamese sub.. it describes the journey of WS and Sunny from the beginning when they met till now. I wished I could read Vietnamese. I am sure the text is equally emotional and fitting as well.

” Walk through fire” in the othe MV describes the status of their relationship. Not openly profess their affection for one another is so painful in a relationship. Sunny said it twice that she is the empress of the nation and implied that though her marriage may be on the rocks, there should be no scandal (once when WB hugged her and the other when WB declared that he liked her in front of LH.)Though it was meant to save WB from a dangerous situation, there is a lot of truth in what she says. Their love is built day by day and I has a solid foundation. It can only expressed through the trust they have for one another and eyes and as @Lmangla rightly mentioned, they will be willing to sacrifice their lives if needed just to Protect the other.

not many episodes left chingus.. lets hope the writers do not add in the ridiculous “ i should distance myself from you in order to protect you” or heroine does not realize that her knight only had a short time to live until almost the end. That would be terrible!:sweatingbullets:

Anyways let’s continue to enjoy the rest of the drama as I am sure wed and thurs will never be the same again without the Last empress

BTW @partyon. I am amazed that you managed to count how many times WB was threatened by sword/gun or have his head smashed by some object.. I lost count !, I think you need to add slap count as well :lol:He has already received 3 from Sunny and 1 from ED.. poor guy.. literally a punching bag. Now I ma wondering if he will get another one from LH in the next episode.

1 hour ago, PutriSalju said:

Isn't it funny when later she give up and marry to her ex-body guard? Korean will laugh to both of them. Rationally, Leehyuk-Empress is easier if only hyuk come clean and the empress at least still like him. But, if Woobin still alive and both Woobin-Sunny want to give their previous life, run away somewhere, then wb-sn could be the endgame. I still hope WB-SN is the endgame. But how the most smooth way? I don't know.

Let's not forget the drama is called The Last Empress.and  Oh Sunny is the last Empress.. So when monarchy ends by the fall of Imperial Family, Sunny is free to choose whomever or whatever without looking back. :)

So I hope Sunny-Woo Bin team would fight hard against the Imperial Family to make it happen.

Dx7eLRNWwAI5Nyf?format=jpg&name=large

4 hours ago, laivla said:

Whats your excuse Bin?

Woo Bin is a real men just looks like Lee Hyuk said from the first they met. He is totally brave. 

Maybe he will say

1. That is his responsibility to guard the Emperor and Empress. What's wrong? 

2. Are you afraid? (Thats why LH point his sniper to Woo Bin)

3. You never love her, I love her more than you.

(This will be funny fight love triangle to get Sunny attention later), can we fight for Empress heart? 

4. If you shot me, do you think Empress will be okay, than love you? You became a murderer. 

5. The Empress don't know his feeling toward her. I just wanna protect her, now. 

6. After ED exposed, he and Sunny became more dangerous live in the palace. I don't know can you protect the Empress from your mother anger. 

7. I have no much time to live, so I will tell you the truth. He is NWS, I have a bullet in my brain that might kill me everytime. 

Lee Hyuk will reply 

1. Why are you develop your feeling toward my woman? How dare you!

2. I'm Lee Hyuk, the Emperor, how can I'm afraid of you, I can kill you right now!

3. (Lee Hyuk angry) I'm the Emperor, Sunny is mine, I love her so much, more than you! I wiil give everything I have for her, can you do that. Better you die ! Okay, we will have a fair competition to get Empress heart.

4. I'm the Emperor, she is the Empress, I just wanna her be mine, and only me. How dare you say I'm a murderer? I'll let you go, but never meet the Empress again. 

5. Do you think I'm incompetent to protect her? I'm the Emperor, I save you last time. 

6. Don't dare to speak ED again in front of me. You came to her without my permision. I will protect Sunny, I can protect her without You!

7. What?? You.... What is this, do you wanna die? 

maybe we'll all be wrong...

LH will say "WB, when did u start to betray me? You are my person, how can u fall in love with another?":sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, laivla said:

Whats your excuse Bin? 

Maybe he will say

Found this on twitter.. Woo Bin's expression in the last pic really is interesting!

If Woo Bin really says something about liking Sunny with that damn care attitude..Lee Hyuk will definitely remove him from Sunny's bodyguard post to create some distance between Woo bin and Sunny if not worse.

But Woo Bin can't afford to do that..last thing he want is to leave Sunny alone to deal with the palace people!

I'm more worried for Dong Shik.. I hope he can get out of the palace safely before Min Yura comes up with something crazy. Woo Bin is already feeling distressed, he'd go mad if something happens to his only family remaining. I also don't want to see Ari being misguided by Seo Kang Hee. 

I'm just confused..not good at coming up with theory. I'll just patiently wait for next episode. :sweatingbullets:

Lol. This fan is at it again with a black and white sunny-hyuk clip. Impeccable editing skills haha

Anyways, my opinion: Lets not take things too deep just because some viewers like Hyuk and the other baddies. Its a drama, it does not mean how a viewer see's a drama reflects his/her real life views. 

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ugh. am so glad that I didn't watch the new version. watched the trailer and some bits and was so bored that I didn't bother. would have been really ticked off by such a fundamental change in the story...

the idea of bad childhood as an excuse is troublesome because by that logic, everyone with a bad childhood should be avoided or wary as a threat because you never know what they are capable of.. it would be like saying criminals only come from bad backgrounds while we know that isn't the case. there are plenty of people who have had normal childhoods and are very awful people like the prince in the original...

as for love saving someone from their worst behaviour, wonder  if age/life experience plays a factor in how we view it. there was a local movie which was inspired by the producer's own life. he falls in love with this frail brilliant actress and it is revealed that she has schizophrenia. he tries so much to help her but in the end, she is not able to beat her hallucinations or addictions and kills herself. he is racked with guilt and the doctor tells him that it is not his fault and he comes to accept that it is one of those situations where love isn't enough. so yea, 'saved by love' seems like a nice concept but then in real life, it seems like a reason for people to destroy themselves thinking that they can save someone.

so yea, very different views on some real life issues and perhaps, that is why this shipping cold war tension has a very unique friction. rather than two ships, it is really different world views colliding...

Bad childhood is only an excuse to people who do not understand the Neuroscience and Psychology behind it. It is one thing to have an opinion about something but to be judgmental about it it's not good. Sometimes I wonder what offends people the most about understanding that some people do fall prey to their childhoods and why wouldn't they? Do you understand that the most sensitive time in brain development is during pregnancy and during childhood explain to the age of about 21. Do you understand how trauma is housed in the brain and stress? Now characters aside because this is just a show, as a marriage and family therapist I will have to tell you that you are wrong and until you start researching and providing therapy to people that were traumatized as children, you will always fail to have empathy because you think it an excuse instead of a horrible real life situation. Trauma supersedes race, culture, and geographical constraints.

The question I will leave to the both of you is why does it bother you to truly understand  that there are many that have had significant trauma(s) in their childhoods and they are not resilient because that trauma paralyzes them, it impacts the rest of their lives if they do not get any help? Some people have causation to their issues and many times we become very judgemental to the point we try to standardize our own opinion and worldview on everyone else. 

To the extent that they should be punished for the current actions is not the question here because accountability no matter what is always dependent and contingent on the context. To the extent that you refuse to understand trauma in childhood can have a negative impact on someone's lives why is it wrong for that to be an excuse? Your diction, your accent, and your language that you speak, starts developing during pregnancy and during the early years of your life. Now how come an unhealthy child would not impact an adult? It is easier for a child to learn two languages early around the ages of one through eight then it is for someone who was 15 to learn it? You want to know why? It is because of brain formation and development and the same is true for trauma during early childhood. By not realizing trauma can have an impact you are minimizing somebody else's life and experiences at the sake of your own opinion.

My favorite photos of Lee Hyuk So far..

1Lx1543388490645-600.jpg

yFg1544591325116-600.jpg

Doesn't matter which team we support, we must give credit to Shin Sung Rok for playing the character so well. He's already a strong actor but he never really had a chance to show so much variety of expression through one character..He got so emotional while receiving the award for a reason.

Q0J1544774956000-600.jpg

(There are so many nice pictures of main casts in TLE official website..I wanted to share some of my favourites among them. Next up is Peyha's favourite ex-assistant Min Yura's pictures.)

So after Emperor comes the pretty wicked Assistant.

I was really glad seeing Lee Elijah in the main cast..Knew her from her Running Man appearances and from Miss Hammurabi. and She's so beautiful..Impressive actress as well. 

g2M1547194004068-600.jpg

I hoped that she'd win an award in supporting actress/negative role category in the sbs drama awards..Sadly it didn't happen.

3DW1545206297557-600.jpg

I'm really curious what'll happen to Min Yura at the end of the drama.

qGf1543388536480-600.jpg

(Next up: Hwangu Mama)

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

My favorite photos of Lee Hyuk So far..

Doesn't matter which team we support, we must give credit to Shin Sung Rok for playing the character so well. He's already a strong actor but he never really had a chance to show so much variety of expression through one character..He's so emotional while receiving the award for a reason.

(There are so many nice pictures of main casts in TLE official website..I wanted to share some of my favourites among them. Next up is Peyha's favourite ex-assistant Min Yura's pictures.)

There's not much Hyuk pics on sbs official site.

This is one of my faves

gfM1547618703200-600.jpg

Glasses Hyuk!

Indeed SSR was so emotional during his SBS awards acceptance speech~ i look forward to see him in more dramas. I didnt watch a lot of his dramas before. But Hyuk turned me into a SSR fan hahaha

9 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

If Woo Bin really says something about liking Sunny with that damn care attitude..Lee Hyuk will definitely remove him from Sunny's bodyguard post to create some distance between Woo bin and Sunny if not worse. But Woo Bin can't afford to do that..last thing he want is to leave Sunny alone to deal with the palace people!

Haha, I think WS is just gonna wear that defiant expression for a few seconds and pretend to be submissive afterwards. Then he'll throw some logic at him: "I'm this family's Chief Guard. What am I supposed to do when I hear that the Empress is in danger? This is my job. I'm your loyal servant and would never dare betray you, Your Majesty" and LH's gonna buy it because he buys everything WS says. :lol:

Thanks so much, @nakatsubebe . I love JNR to bits :wub: and she mentioned Cha Ji An! If you guys don't know who that is, you're totally missing out on Hello, Monster. Seo In Guk, Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara in one of the best written and intriguing kdramas in the history of kdramas. JNR's Cha Ji An is my fave female lead ever. She is so underrated. Her character is really smart considering the fact that she's surrounded by scary brilliant people and she's quick to catch on. She's a strong yet vulnerable girl looking for answers about her past. Seo In Guk & Park Bo Gum shine in the drama too, of course. It deals with the whole nature vs nurture debate (Are monsters born or made?) and the Lee Hyuk-type characters on it are brilliantly written and portrayed. SIG & JNR played the OTP and they have the same type of subtle and slow development WS & SN have because their characters are too busy for romance, but I loved their interactions a lot too. Super recommended. :star:

Btw, is anyone else reading these recaps? They are the best. I LOL while reading them multiple times. She (I think it's a girl/woman, but I don't remember) uses spot-on reaction gifs. (warning: she doesn't like the baddies at all) 

http://strawwolf.tumblr.com/post/180740980999/the-last-empress-ep-1

@sw33tm3lody, i love Hello Monster too! To date, it is one of my all time favourite and i've just finished rewatching it recently :D

thanks for the link to the recap. didn't know about this website. i love reading recaps and other pole's insights. Thanks :)

Am waiting for the preview. when will it come out? :crazy:

16 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

If we talk anout the end of their romance, Leehyuk-Sunny endgame is as difficult Woobin-Sunny tho. Sunny has loss her love/ fan girl period to leehyuk. So, eventhough she can forgive him or leehyuk become better person, Sunny won't end up with him because no love remained in her heart. However, Sunny-Woobin is more difficult. First, there was scandal made up about them by ED and Sunny's purpose also wanna make her name clear. Second, she's the empress. Isn't it funny when later she give up and marry to her ex-body guard? Korean will laugh to both of them. Rationally, Leehyuk-Empress is easier if only hyuk come clean and the empress at least still like him. But, if Woobin still alive and both Woobin-Sunny want to give their previous life, run away somewhere, then wb-sn could be the endgame. I still hope WB-SN is the endgame. But how the most smooth way? I don't know.

I think I would have to slightly disagree with you. LH and Sunny is practically impossible: I agree with you on this point. As you pointed out, Sunny doesn't love LH anymore now that she had seen his true nature.

But I do think WB would be with SN if the writer doesn't decide to kill him. When WB and Sunny were accused of having an affair, the world turned their arrows toward her, but once it was revealed that LH had betrayed SN by 1. having an affair not only with Yura, but also 2. having an affair with the nanny and 3. giving birth to an illegitimate daughter, the arrows were pointed at LH. In face, SN were applauded for staying in the relationship with LH after what he had done to her.

By exposing LH's misdeed (his involvement with the first empress's death and NWS mother's death), I wouldn't be surprise that the public would be more acceptable of WB's relationship with SN, but I think, before they get together, SN would have already divorce LH (once his crime is revealed and ED is in jail...and Sunny had achieved what she had set out to do in the palace) and went back to her simple life, because as far as everyone can see, the palace life is not suitable for her. Whether she would be with WB or not, afterward, is not for the public to say or care. 

@foreverempress I was going to ignore this but after a restless sleep, I simply cannot. CC: @angelangie  @triplem @stroppyse

please don't resort to digs at the other side by calling folks "judgemental" or "uninformed" simply because we have a different opinion from yours ;

I have posted clearly in my previous post that these two ships colliding is a matter of different world views. does lee hyuk's background excuse his criminal acts? NO. should his background have a bearing on any punishment -- that would depend on the judge, lawyer and legal system. this is an international forum and we need to be accepting that each sovereign country would have a different approach in regards to rights of victims as well as rights of the criminal. lets respect that viewers will have different strong opinions regarding that and leave it there.

@Lmangla

I just read a news article about Sunny and CWB and SSR, with the head line ‘JNR, CJH, SSR, before the storm, destiny/fate turning point’    
The article gives a general summary of each of Sunny and CWB and LH.  But the interesting part to me is about the last paragraph which hints about some kind of a surprise coming in next eps.  
I know we are interested in these three.  The article seems to be saying there is no change in Sunny-WB line as a team. However we saw LH worked together with Sunny-WB in the last episode.  Didn’t you notice how elated LH was when ED was crushed because of their effort.  
I wonder if that’s how the writer is going with these three.  Maybe something will happen related to ED’s secret which wakes up LH so he joins Sunny-WB team??    We know LH likes both Sunny and WB. Soooo…?  just my speculation. hehe -_- 

((translated the last paragraph,  hopefully not too far off))
‘TLE’ JNR, CJH, SSR, before the storm, destiny/fate turning point’    
The production team said, “As the crisis of each characters, Sunny, CWB and LH, rises, there will be a reverse-twist which will shake their fate.  
Please watch the activities of Sunny, CWB and LH with interest to see how their fates will touch each other as they get closer to the truth.

fhRlc3x.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201901290843332410

On 1/27/2019 at 8:02 PM, nakatsubebe said:

@booha thanks for the translation. I actually waited for the sub version of Knowing Brothers just for this cut of Tae Hang-ho :lol: I remembered when someone said in this forum very early on that this drama is a black comedy (and not really other genre). I think he/she was right. PD-nim said to Hang-ho that it is ok to have comedy when he and CJH asked him "will it work?" And Hang-ho said it was a fun experience. I think for all the actors working on this drama, even if they are working grueling hours, they can't have another character as fun as who they are playing right now. I don't think there is a one dimensional character here. 

Not sure if someone posted it here yet. Dramabeans got hold of Jang Nara for a short interview and at 3:30 of the interview she was asked if she knew how crazy The Last Empress will be when she agreed to it.

[Ask an Actor] Jang Nara answers Beanies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80qKMs4gPvY

The IG clip showed how much other Koreans were amused by NWS’s transition as we did here.  It was so unexpected, so illogical but it was amazing how PDnim came up with the idea of a mirror and scissors in the first place.  It’s definitely a scene stealer for me.  We had so much fun.  
I like JNR’s explanation of Sunny.  I appreciate how she carries on Sunny with WB and LH.  She knows what the drama is about.  :)

Actually, there is still hope for Sunni-WB end game (if WB survive after the 3 months), we all know is WB had scandal with empress Sunni before .. but not NWS hehe so if Sunni is with NWS :wub: ( only the audience know WB is NWS haha ) 

Archived