[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Love your insights for the characters, especially WS/WB part:tears: jbeanie1709!!

I have a feeling that KJS is going to be the answer for all , he is the only common person that is linked with everything( Empress SH, Uncle Byun, MYR , LH ,DS ,ED maybe nanny too?) Based on LH impulsive and heartless, if he could push empress SH and let her drown by nanny , kill MYR & WS without second thoughts, edict ex-chief guard to suicide , I don’t understand why he wanna keep KJS alive in asylum cell ? (To find out if he really have affair with empress SH, nah LH doesn’t even listen to explaination looking at MYR,ex-chief guard incident?) The only possibility I tot of is KJS is kept alive by ED  becos of the island (maybe the island is where the imperial kept all their gold inheritance till date like a massive safebox?) Actually, the whole plot ultimately is still about the island, if empress SH didn’t found out about the island she wouldn’t have accused of adultery by ED , at the same time MYR wouldn’t think KJS abandoned her and would lead to a series of misfortune events that happens to Sunni/WS ... :sweatingbullets:I believe only when the secret of the island is reveal then we will know the end. 

Still i I very much hope WS/WB can stay alive even if he can’t be with Sunni, afterall poor guy , he is been thru so much at least deserve a simple life with DS right? 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday for Strained Situation,
Thursday for Funny Situation
(When see 35-36 I'm afraid if there is no more fun in this K-drama, but I'm wrong... actually I still enjoy the fun of this K-Drama)

Dong Shik
He is brave, bold, and have a good characteristic. He doesn't afraid toward A Ri position, he treated her as a usual friend. Sometimes this make A Ri jealousy.

PM
Is he stupid or what? He fall for Kang Hee.

So Jin
She is real pure heart and innocent, she don't know anything, she just live stupidly in the royal family, trust them blindly. When she know the truth, she even not show her decision.

Yoon
He make a move now. But that's not solve the mystery yet. He will bet all he owned for Hel Ro after everything is clear, but I wish he don't do that except he want the Empire end.

Hel Ro
She is so love to her sister, she wish Yoon will help her sister till the end. She is funny when LH come to her house. LOL.

Dad
Dad, you know if Yoon is a too good for Hel Ro, but when he realize he is Crown Prince, he is shock till sick. LOL. He hate the imprerial family that much. His action toward LH when he lunch with his daugther so funny.

Byun
His anger in the right time, just make a new drama in the palace. He don't wanna make NWS die just like that. He also warn NWS aka Woo Bin toward his feeling to Sunny.

Ex-chief guard Joo
His move outside the palace is a big danger to Woo Bin.

Dongsik's father is the key witness here. I hope the drama won't be dragged. I found some PPL yesterday which bit disturbing.

It is funny that from all of media and live show of Sunny, none of police come and do investigation to ED. This drama become more and more unbelievable. They should back to the right track otherwise the ratiings will go down week after week.

I respect Byun for warning Woobin about his love for Sunny, because no matter what, Sunny is a married lady and loving someone would make his heart weak for this revenge strategy. I'm sure Woobin is really in love with her but not too sure about Sunny's feelings. At this stage, I think Sunny put solving the criminality in palace as her top priority. And I could feel she also can't be too mean to the emperor. And looking at her mom's death isn't Leehyuk's fault, I think she could forgive him at the end. But again, I don't think she's loving him either. From what we see, she needs Woobin and don't hesitate to show that she needs him. Whether it's love or just kinda other feeling, not sure.

My favorite scene last night episode is Ari dubbed ED. It was so hillarious. She's so cute and talented. She gives new color for this heavy drama.

Waiting for BTS Nara-Jin Hyuk in exercise room. They usually so sweet to each other off screen.

I am raving after these episodes! Can't believe Sunny's position in LH's heart finally overcame WB's level! (Insert whoa here.)

I hope I wasn't the only one who really squeaked a little bit when LH pretended he had a twisted ankle and got Sunny to help him back to his chamber, making her put cold/hot packs on him and sing for him to make her stay. That three sentence monologue from LH really got me, he's been a puppet all along, and in this episode, we saw that he didn't even kill Empress So hyun. Of course, I'm not saying he didn't attempt to just leave her there and drown or the fact that he tried to kill Sunny multiple times... But I got really sad about everyone betraying him and growing up with such manipulative parents.

Similarly, I think LH is secretly seeking comfort in visiting Sunny's dad and sister because he craves for some kind of family love deep inside. He's lonely but knowing someone "cares" for him makes him less lonely than he was.

I'm glad the truth came out; I'm sure most of us already knew that the nanny was up to no good but killing her own best friend was taking it to another level.

Did anyone enjoy the Sunny - LH - WB teamwork to take down Mother Dowager? Man, I did a "whoa" as LH pulled out his guns from his jacket like 007 from both sides. Kind of hope when everything comes to light and (prediction in spoiler box):

Spoiler

In my prediction like many others, I predict that this will be the fall of the Korean Empire hence the title, so there will no longer be an Emperor. In this AU, I assume that Lee Hyuk would be the last emperor. So when the empire falls and the Emperor (may) go to jail for his wrongdoings or leave to some foreign nation to repent for his doings...

I hope that Sunny will truly be able to give him a hug without pushing him away, to let him feel "loved."

Just now, guin2 said:

I hope running man can cast the LH-Sunni-WB (CJH-JNR-SSR) trio in their show, both from SBS, at least can see their off-screen chemistry and happy moments. :wub:

Fyi, SSR has been on running man before and he was awesome. Dont wanna spoil it if you havent watch it yet~ hoho

@jbeanie1709 @booha ~ agree with you, dong shik's scene with wang shik where he grazed the finger of his big brother was definitely the highlight of this week. what was sad was how powerless wang shik felt in that moment and he is holding his breath. on one hand, his instinct is to protect the child but he also has to keep the cover in front of yura. what to do? and dong shik had enough training as well as instinct to make it seem like his surprise and wonder was because of sunny instead. while dong shik was taking comfort as a child by lightly holding his brother's finger, it was also encouraging for wang shik. so sweet! :wub:..

will we have such a sweet moment between ari and sunny? poor ari -- already the nanny is trying to manipulate her again by telling sunny will abandon her. who does that to a child? however, it seems like nanny might love ari a little bit, it also seems like much of her affection is motivated by her greed and power. how is she financing bribing all the people like that photographer court lady? am looking forward to nanny coming down!

the sunny and wang shik moments were also cute as well as had weight with his '3 months' time scale now. a sense of bittersweet melancholy hangs around them now like the scene where sunny is happily looking at those stars and then the light of the stars go out.. wonder how the writer will swing it -- happy ending? sad ending? ... but now that lee hyuk has finally understood how much wang shik cares about the empress, can he still stay in the palace? while it seems obvious to everyone, does sunny know how he feels? so many questions! will be interesting to see how it all wraps up. so 2 more weeks?

Wednesday for Strained Situation,
Thursday for Funny Situation
(When see 35-36 I'm afraid if there is no more fun in this K-drama, but I'm wrong... actually I still enjoy the fun of this K-Drama)

Sunny

I'm afraid if she make to clearly her feeling toward Woo Bin. But why I can't get Sunny-Woo Bin feeling in 35-36-37-38, I feel Sunny just care about Woo Bin safety as a family not a lover. She is stand by herself, her confident to make a decision without Woo Bin inference, just like a real and powerful Empress.
She is smart make Kang Hee and MYR fight each other. She also make Lee Hyuk protect her from his first planned scandal. She know how to playing the card, just like what Kang Hee do. She know KH is not innocent, but pretend a good friend. She is boldly against ED. I hope her attention to Dong Shik don't make A Ri jealous, I don't wanna make A Ri hate her. 

Woo Bin

Woo Bin really in danger. MYR, ex-guard Joo already set to against him, and now ED, Lee Hyuk also suspicious at him. I already told before if his feeling toward Sunny is to clear. I know his time is limited, maybe he also don't think if he's on danger as long as Sunny and Dong Shik is safe. He also understand that his feeling toward Sunny is something .... He cut Byun word when he ask Byun to protect the Empress. 

He's trapped by LH, and LH not alone this time, what is his excuse this time? I think he will tell Hyuk about his illness, limited time cause of his death soon or suddenly Woo Bin collapse with blood, that make Lee Hyuk panic. (If LH know WB will death soon, LH forgive him). It will be more dangerous if LH find out if he's NWS. 

Lee Hyuk

He is haunted from SH death incident, he's bad mentality health. But, I'm bit unsure if he also innocent in GED death, why he said that he afraid if Sunny know about the truth, but that also his dilusion toward what he done, just like other case, he is not the main murderer in SH. LH don't want to lost his woman aka Sunny. LH possessive to Sunny this time.  He want Sunny attention only for him. Woo Bin might be ask him, "are you afraid?". 

Empress Dowager (ED)
She is right if the murderer hard to reveal, because there is no evidence. Kang Hee confession is the solving of SH death. She even don't know if KH is the murderer. How can she trust KH stupidly. She believe if LH murderer of SH, without make an investigation. She might be looks a mother that have a blind to her son fault, but she's wanna make him a puppet, that's make her have a weakness and make her down easily. She finally exposed to the media. How can she's stupidly believe the news without put her person to make sure there is no problem. She never wanna keep Woo Bin, how cruel. She never keep someone that help her, she almost make Ms. Choi killed. If Yu Ra know if Woo Bin is her people, then he betrayed at him, is Yu Ra still in her side?

Min Yu Ra
She really dangerous because of she know NWS so much, and she saw what Woo Bin had done when she tell her where's NWS mother. She found Chief Guard bedge in DS, I think she already know if NWS is Woo Bin. If she know Woo Bin is NWS, what she wanna do? NWS aka Woo Bin also wanna make Lee Hyuk down, and she also have the same purpose in that mess palace. She's show her shock because of Kang Ju Sung missing, and disbelieve to the issue toward him and SH. I think she wanna know about how KJS missing. She is shock when all planned by ED to, just like Sunny and Woo Bin. Is she still in ED side after this, she hasn't anything to protect herself from ED in the end.

A Ri
She know how to make her position to rule other person, just like when she angry toward Yu Ra. She finally explain about GED last wishes. She's so greedy over position, she wish to be an Empress in this age. Bad news is she start believe to Kang Hee after she get jealousy toward Dong Shik that get attention from Sunny. Hope she is be a nice girl, aka not change her mind (but I'm not sure if she's not change). KH is really dangerous, she's brainwashed A Ri. Hope A Ri will be more fun and clever, and more convident to be a good person, please don't ruin Sunny's trust toward you A Ri.

Kang Hee
She is wolf. She feels in the air, but don't know if someone get her card. Sunny just need to push her till the end so she confess about her role to make SH death. Someone might see her action that night, the point of view in the screen change from far, that shown KH drowning SH. But who's that....

the kill count bet -- the list more or less stays the same from last week. 9 or 10 actual deaths but fake/close deaths rises to 22 from 17 .... unlike our expectations, it looks like no one will win the bet except for jbeanie1709

Spoiler

Updated notes:

** original bet from december had about 7-8 ish people (not counting the fake deaths); count currently stands at 9 or 10 -- same as last week.

** the fake death has increased to 22 -- sunny, wang shik + the 2 paparazzi reporters who got shot at

fake/close death list: wang shik & sunny in lake, emperor stabbed in neck, wang shik in sea, sunny in cliff, sunny almost falls off crane, sunny getting hit by stone, helro and dad almost burnt, yura getting cement poured on, servant lady getting beaten by empress, yura fakes death with yellow truck, yura almost burns with yellow truck, emperor and his motorbike incident, royal guard who is no longer missing but in mental hospital, old guard who showed up in front of yura, ari's peanut allergy, sunny's road trip with wang shik and 2 papparazi reporters.

so about 22 fake/close deaths?

UPDATED:

so far, 1 villain (Ma pil joo) have been killed, 5 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong, sunny's mom), miscellaneous people (the royal guard's brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies + the doctor at imperial hospital) , all together about 9 or 10*** folks? going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

Im also wondering when LH said to sunny @laivla..if she knows the truth..she will leave him..there is still a lot to be revealed on all the murder cases.. 

Even the revelation of KH as a murderer is not from the view of witness or someone confession.

About sunny feeling towards wb/ws it still doesnt show much..mayb after she knows the bomb ticking of WS then she will realise her real feeling.

3 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Dongsik's father is the key witness here. I hope the drama won't be dragged. I found some PPL yesterday which bit disturbing.

It is funny that from all of media and live show of Sunny, none of police come and do investigation to ED. This drama become more and more unbelievable. They should back to the right track otherwise the ratiings will go down week after week.

I respect Byun for warning Woobin about his love for Sunny, because no matter what, Sunny is a married lady and loving someone would make his heart weak for this revenge strategy. I'm sure Woobin is really in love with her but not too sure about Sunny's feelings. At this stage, I think Sunny put solving the criminality in palace as her top priority. And I could feel she also can't be too mean to the emperor. And looking at her mom's death isn't Leehyuk's fault, I think she could forgive him at the end. But again, I don't think she's loving him either. From what we see, she needs Woobin and don't hesitate to show that she needs him. Whether it's love or just kinda other feeling, not sure.

My favorite scene last night episode is Ari dubbed ED. It was so hillarious. She's so cute and talented. She gives new color for this heavy drama.

Waiting for BTS Nara-Jin Hyuk in exercise room. They usually so sweet to each other off screen.

I know right? I was baffled that after that revelation the police didn´t came to start and investigation and take ED into custody. So many things had been aired to the public but nothing happen´s afterwards. It´s starting to get annoying.

13 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

In DRAMA

[The Last Empress] Eps 37 & 38 spoilers, Shin Sung Rok x Jang Na Ra x Choi Jin Hyuk

Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok points the gun at Choi Jin Hyuk who fell for Jang Na Ra, "When did you betray me?"  

1. [+2106,-34]
It was so funny when Lee Hyuk's at Ssu Ni's house. His father-in-law said he looks like a dog. I burst out laughing at that. ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1891,-23]
It was really funny when Princess Ah Ri copied how the Empress Dowager talked. 

3. [+1962,-164]
Honestly, who's supporting Lee Hyuk ❤️ Ssu Ni? I'm supporting them wholeheartedly. 

4. [+439,-46]
He was in pain, that's why he sat down. But he misunderstood and thought that Woo Bin was upset that they had to be apart. They still have lots of things to do, I hope they resolve their misunderstandings... 

5. [+374,-10]
He's discovered them really fast. 

6. [+330,-1]
When Princess Ah Ri dubbed the Empress Dowager, I burst out laughing. This kid's acting skills are great. 

7. [+246,-1]
I think Woo Bin's going to use a ridiculous excuse and the Emperor will go, "Ah~ so that's what it is. I believe you..." ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+251,-7]
You can't make any sense out of this drama. You just have to watch it, thinking of this as a comedy and you'll enjoy it. 

9. [+249,-25]
If we look at things carefully, Lee Hyuk didn't do anything wrong directly. Empress So Hyun, Woo Bin's mother, Ssu Ni's mother's surgery, and the old Empress Dowager's death too. He seems like a pitiful person.. 
- [+90,-1]
Not for Cheon Woo Bin's mother. The body (she was alive) but he didn't get medical attention for her immediately. A normal person would call the ambulance immediately. 

10. [+185,-2]
ㅋㅋ The scriptwriter turns Shin Sung Rok into a dog once every episode. ㅋㅋㅋ

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Choi Jin Hyuk realizes how much time he has left, "3 months at most"  

1. [+137,-24]
The Emperor may be trash, but he didn't kill anyone directly. He just has to mend his ways. 

2. [+149,-62]
Please change it to a month. Scriptwriter, you still have a chance to do that. OhLee, get it? 

3. [+74,-2]
Kang Joo Seung is the plot twist.. This plot twist is going to be as goosebumps-inducing as Unnie's Alive.

4. [+97,-52]
It's not interesting when people say, "Do your job, bullet." 

5. [+35,-5]
To be honest, even if the drama doesn't have any development, I won't think much of it too. 

6. [+93,-66]
Please save Woo Bin... Please make it a happy ending. 

7. [+26,-0]
The comments gave me goosebumps.. Because the story isn't going in the direction that they like, they want him to die quickly.. Please be appropriate. 

8. [+27,-2]
No, but Na Wang Shik's life was ruined because of the royal family. His mother died, he has a bullet stuck in his head and is unable to do surgery at this point, he can only live 3 months at most. No matter how much Lee Hyuk has changed, it's a fact that Lee Hyuk killed Na Wang Shik's mother. Personally, I hope that Na Wang Shik and the antis destroy the royal family. 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-last-empress-eps-37-38-spoilers.html

To hell with some of these k-netz

I can understand why knetz want to ship LH and SN, bad boy x good girl (aka. "beauty and the beast") is a popular trope in romance literature and films plus taming the bad boy is girls' wet dream :D

1 hour ago, 451lag said:

Im also wondering when LH said to sunny @laivla..if she knows the truth..she will leave him..there is still a lot to be revealed on all the murder cases.. 

Even the revelation of KH as a murderer is not from the view of witness or someone confession.

About sunny feeling towards wb/ws it still doesnt show much..mayb after she knows the bomb ticking of WS then she will realise her real feeling.

Oh i think LH means about empress SH death. Because he doesnt know that the nanny was the one who drowned his ex wife. So he thinks that he's the one who drowned her.

There is possibilty Woobin won't die at the end but getting amnesia because of surgery in his head. After all problem solved, he might get surgery then probably remember the sweet memories only  (his mom and Dongsik). Thus, he can live happily with Dongsik while Sunny with emperor (if they really end up together). It will be the safe chpice if the writer wants to follow most fans want. 

But I do hope all criminals get punishment, including Lee Hyuk.

2 hours ago, rjnchan said:

I can understand why knetz want to ship LH and SN, bad boy x good girl (aka. "beauty and the beast") is a popular trope in romance literature and films plus taming the bad boy is girls' wet dream :D

These are not bad boys they are psychos a huge difference here!

@PutriSaljuThat would  be such a lazy cop out no thank you!

i do not want SN to end up with LH.  NEVER  EVER  PLEASE.   The ending of ep 19 shows us yet again how psychotic LH can be. This guy claims to love his "brother" WB so so much and yet just bcos he suspected WB of liking SN, he got a whole gang of guards to point their pistols at WB... He'll try strangle SN the next time she smiles brightly at any guy.

55 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

i do not want SN to end up with LH.  NEVER  EVER  PLEASE.   The ending of ep 19 shows us yet again how psychotic LH can be. This guy claims to love his "brother" WB so so much and yet just bcos he suspected WB of liking SN, he got a whole gang of guards to point their pistols at WB... He'll try strangle SN the next time she smiles brightly at any guy.

Exactly...if she end up with him...she would always have to be careful not to displease him....it would be like walking on egg shells.  Right now he is enduring Sunny´s attitude because he think that she has forgiven him. Once he found out that it´s not the case he would feel betrayed and turn into his psychotic side again. 

Archived