[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm not a medical student. But yes. That is how it goes. If dad is type O and mum is AB, the children will be either A or B. But if dad is A or B and mum AB, its possible for the child to be AB too.

Though the drama saying AB- blood is rare is reaching in terms of blood transfusion. AB is a universal reciever, it can recieve from all blood groups. Just make sure the rH is similar. Hohoho

This is the posibility of Sunny Blood..
* P : parents
** F1 : filial (children)

Known if Sunny's mother Blood : AB with Rh - (negative ) -> resesif (rhrh/rr)
dominan might be RhRh (RR) or Rhrh(Rr)

P : AB rr (-) x AB Rr (+)
F1 : A +, A -, B +, B - , AB +, AB -

P : AB rr (-) x A RR (+)
F1 : A +, AB +

P : AB rr (-) x A Rr (+)
F1 : A +, A -, AB +, AB -

P : AB rr (-) x A rr (-)
F1 : A -, AB -

P : AB rr (-) x B RR (+)
F1 : B +, AB +

P : AB rr (-) x B Rr (+)
F1 : B+, B-, AB +, AB -

P : AB rr (-) x B rr (-)
F1 : B -, AB -

P : AB rr (-) x O RR (+)
F1 : A+, B+

P : AB rr (-) x O Rr (+)
F1 : A+, A-, B+, B-

P : AB rr (-) x O rr (-)
F1 : A-, B-

Blood Transfusion : AB will recieve all kind of blood. But if you have Rh - it might be fatal. Rh - only recieve the Rh - (or blood that have no Rh antigen).

Why I think Sunny has AB - is imposible is because she didn't donate her blood to her mother. Because relative might be the first choice to get blood transfusion before find from blood bank. 

I think this drama also think about science (that might be everyone know). But don't really sure think of chemical reaction although so much chemical substance around ED. 

I have biology background #nooneask 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, uma14 said:

Oh no Lee hyuk get know about Woo bin feeling to Sunny...

I think LH start think about WB feeling to Sunny after the bomb, but he just quite to WB at that time (after he can't see Sunny as requisite to release Hel Ro and Dad from ED). 

I really scared now because I have not idea about how the writer wants to end this. 

With only 5 hours left (although I wish they add 2 more episodes as it was said), it's time to everything is exposed and this week's episodes have been the beginning.

I sometimes think that, at the end, all are going to die except Lee Yoon who will renounce the throne :tears:.

@sonequeen01 Here. I had deleted it but it appeared when I tried to write a new post. I had just watched the episode when I wrote it, so I was too riled up. :P I wanted to avoid potential conflict, and that's why I erased it, but here it is. Sorry if it upsets anyone. 

Spoiler

Seriously. Is LH ever gonna learn anything or are his 2-digit IQ, overblown sob story, and oversized ego making it hard for him to comprehend the value and importance of human life? Does he point guns at people for sport? Is it his way of saying "hello"? Jeez. WS warned him that he could fall for SN and he acted like SN wasn't worth a dime as a woman… now he's yet again pointing guns at his head while WS is dying because he already put a bullet in his brain.

I feel this way, though. I genuinely dislike this character and I don't want him to get a happy ending at WS's and SN's expense. He doesn't deserve it and I'm tired of the glossing over of his crimes. It feels like the writer is forcing me to unwatch what I've already watched. This isn't a misunderstood teenager we have here. This is a truly dangerous grown-up man who completely disregards the value of human life. No one should defend his actions. He has a mental illness, yes, but (like @foreverempress explained) he still made the choices that made him like this and should be held accountable for his crimes. I can't help but put myself in the (real) victims' shoes. Why should WS let him get away with what he did to his mother and him? I don't support revenge, but I do want LH in jail forever if WS dies. Why should SN sacrifice her life to redeem a man who tried to kill her and never respected her in any way? How is LH any different from the multiple criminals with far worse sob stories who have to serve time for their crimes? I don't sympathize with them, therefore I do not sympathize with LH. I don't get why good people have to suffer so that this guy can get a happy life he doesn't deserve. The writer better send him to prison or I'll blacklist her forever.  

my heart really goes out to WB. He has a bullet in his head and can die anytime and he cannot openly express his love for the people he treasures the most - DS & SN.

wednesday's episode when he was chiding SN after she was slapped by ED, he begged her to leave the palace and go live happily elsewhere. He loves her and wants to protect her, yet he doesn't seem to even dare to think of a happy ending with her. He just wants her to be safe and happy. That's truly loving her. 

@sw33tm3lody is absolutely right, LH was the one who smugly laughed when WB asked him what if he really likes SN, as though SN is some kind of dirt. Now all his goofiness and "pitifulness" still doesn't made him deserve SN at all. His "love" is just obsession and possession.

If the writer were to really kill WB off in the end, I'd rather SN be alone than to be with LH

I know I have posted this once & will repost this again. Hyuk has Borderline Personality Disorder and fits under the subtypes of petulant and disruptive borderline. No, he does not have a brain tumor, any of my fellow clinicians that specialize in this disorder can tell you that his behavior is par the course. Change is possible for him, but it will not happen over night because he does not know how to emotionally regulate.  Here is what I posted a while ago:

The emperor Hyuk's problem, from a armchair diagnosis perspective, is that he has borderline personality disorder full stop from his fears of abandonment, difficulty emotion regulating unless he engages in impulsive behavior or some other destructive in the attempt to regulate, lack of trust, attention-seeking, insecure attachment issues, jealousy, chronic feelings of emptiness, pervasive instability in interpersonal relationships, paranoid ideations, SPLIT/ BLACK OR WHITE THINKING etc.

HYUK meets ALL DSM IV & DSM 5 CRITERIA.

For people that struggle with borderline personality disorder or have borderline traits, borderline emotions and behaviors swing from left to right. It is hard for them to emotionally regulate which is why they often engage in self-harming behaviors rather it's cutting, using drugs, drinking too much alcohol, highly and overly sexual, etc. They tend to be highly anxious and are often misdiagnosed with general anxiety disorder or bipolar. Someone that has borderline personality, their feelings emotions weigh on them like 20 elephants stacked on their chest.

This is how Hyuk can want to kill Suni last month & love and protect her this month. This is why he can love his grandma  and then turn around and try to kill her  and then have guilt about it .  This is how he can be in love with Yura and have her almost killed twice... it is that black or white/split thinking. You're either for him or against him,  you're either in or out,  for him there is rarely an  in-between. He has parental trust issues with abuse which is one of the few underlining precursors of borderline personality disorder.

28 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

@foreverempress how is the accountability handled for people with such disorder?

They are still accountable and should be held accountable for their actions with an understanding that their is some causation beyond the average individual. That is to say, that if they commit crimes, in my view, jail time along with intensive evidenced by treatment specifically with people that have borderline should be required so that they can stop themselves and live a healthy live worth living. It is not that they do not know the difference between right & wrong, but when those paranoid ideations, black and white thinking triggers their anxiety and impulse, it is like a freight train. Emotions for the most part are extreme for those have full on borderline. The older they get, it gets a little better for most. There are anedoctal studies that lend support to the idea that there is abnormalities in the brain and dysfunction which makes it very difficult for them to emotionally regulate. It is hard for them to experience many emotions on a even keel. That is why most become involved in destructive like cutting, drugs, extreme adventure, drinking, sex, etc. because of the thrill and the ability to help them regulate in the short-term. If the person has abandonment issues like most (not all) people with borderline, TRUST is major. I have had patients that have went from 1 to 1000 because something about another person's behavior seemed suspicious and those thoughts, emotions, physiological responses, and reactions continued to cycle. Intensive DBT actually has empirical evidence to help people with borderline to regulate and it will triggers in on thoughts, emotions, physiological responses, and actions to help regulation and opposite actions that are healthy. When I was in the Substance Abuse field as a clinical marriage and fam therapist, 80% of my patients for individual therapy and group were borderline full stop or at minimum had borderline traits. It can be challenging, but if someone commits to long time intensive therapy, they can be healed. 

On another note, Nanny played herself....

34 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

I know I have posted this once & will repost this again. Hyuk has Borderline Personality Disorder and fits under the subtypes of petulant and disruptive borderline. No, he does not have a brain tumor, any of my fellow clinicians that specialize in this disorder can tell you that his behavior is par the course. Change is possible for him, but it will not happen over night because he does not know how to emotionally regulate.  Here is what I posted a while ago:

The emperor Hyuk's problem, from a armchair diagnosis perspective, is that he has borderline personality disorder full stop from his fears of abandonment, difficulty emotion regulating unless he engages in impulsive behavior or some other destructive in the attempt to regulate, lack of trust, attention-seeking, insecure attachment issues, jealousy, chronic feelings of emptiness, pervasive instability in interpersonal relationships, paranoid ideations, SPLIT/ BLACK OR WHITE THINKING etc.

HYUK meets ALL DSM IV & DSM 5 CRITERIA.

For people that struggle with borderline personality disorder or have borderline traits, borderline emotions and behaviors swing from left to right. It is hard for them to emotionally regulate which is why they often engage in self-harming behaviors rather it's cutting, using drugs, drinking too much alcohol, highly and overly sexual, etc. They tend to be highly anxious and are often misdiagnosed with general anxiety disorder or bipolar. Someone that has borderline personality, their feelings emotions weigh on them like 20 elephants stacked on their chest.

This is how Hyuk can want to kill Suni last month & love and protect her this month. This is why he can love his grandma  and then turn around and try to kill her  and then have guilt about it .  This is how he can be in love with Yura and have her almost killed twice... it is that black or white/split thinking. You're either for him or against him,  you're either in or out,  for him there is rarely an  in-between. He has parental trust issues with abuse which is one of the few underlining precursors of borderline personality disorder.

Then who is more responsible for their actions the men who have a mental problem or the men guided by revenge. 

After all both have emotions involved.

hi everyone, my first post, sorry for my english  ... i like sunny and NWS but the character of LH have my attention about his future and end

13 minutes ago, titimaac said:

Then who is more responsible for their actions the men who have a mental problem or the men guided by revenge. 

After all both have emotions involved.

hi everyone, my first post, sorry for my english  ... i like sunny and NWS but the character of LH have my attention about his future and end

As far as BPD goes, it does not mean that they do not understand the difference between right and wrong, but they think and feel and such an intensity that triggers them to act destructively because that is what has worked for them short-term.  As far as Hyuk goes, he is accountable, but his mother is even more due to her emotional and mental manipulation of him since his most crucial brain developing formative years. It is essential when it comes to the frontal and prefrontal cortex of the brain which is largely responsible for judgement and emotion regulation. He experienced several traumas when he was a child that for him, has severely impacted his functioning.His mother knew her was mentally and emotionally unstable and she worked it to his max. This started when he was a child and was consistent throughout his adult life. It is not enough to say that he could have chose differently when his brain was molded in such a way early on that in many ways, his choices or ability to choose actions clearly were distorted. You have some children that experience the same things he has who are more resilient and more than likely, do not have a brain or personality disorder which makes baseline functioning more easy for them. Most people with BPD have perceived traumas typically from childhood and anecdotal evidence via brain imaging that there are some brain abnormalities that makes emotion functioning that much more difficult. Revenge for Hyuk goes back to his inability to differentiate who is trustworthy or not which for him, goes back to his mother.

21 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

As far as BPD goes, it does not mean that they do not understand the difference between right and wrong, but they think and feel and such an intensity that triggers them to act destructively because that is what has worked for them short-term.  As far as Hyuk goes, he is accountable, but his mother is even more due to her emotional and mental manipulation of him since his most crucial brain developing formative years. It is essential when it comes to the frontal and prefrontal cortex of the brain which is largely responsible for judgement and emotion regulation. He experienced several traumas when he was a child that for him, has severely impacted his functioning.His mother knew her was mentally and emotionally unstable and she worked it to his max. This started when he was a child and was consistent throughout his adult life. It is not enough to say that he could have chose differently when his brain was molded in such a way early on that in many ways, his choices or ability to choose actions clearly were distorted. You have some children that experience the same things he has who are more resilient and more than likely, do not have a brain or personality disorder which makes baseline functioning more easy for them. Most people with BPD have perceived traumas typically from childhood and anecdotal evidence via brain imaging that there are some brain abnormalities that makes emotion functioning that much more difficult. Revenge for Hyuk goes back to his inability to differentiate who is trustworthy or not which for him, goes back to his mother.

i get it.

LH dont have a happy end obviusly and i think he can lose more the control in next chapter.  I dont know 

About Episode 19:

DxrwG0wVAAAOqBr.jpg

(my opinion and a summary of Ep 19 in the hidden content)

Spoiler

Min Yura seems to be very troubled hearing about So hyun and kang Ju Seung and  now suspecting that this might be a reason why he disappeared ..At this point I was thinking that may be Yura came in the palace to find Ju Seung..But after entering here she may've forgotten about him..became more interested in palace politics..

But now I'm confused. What's Min Yura's motive in coming here..!!

What'll she do when she knows why her fiance left her without any news..? Oh even if she seems to have no conscience right now I hope she will get to see how messed up she made her own life and for what!!

DxrykAXUYAArkyn.jpg

Sunny played her cards well this episode.. the bad guys are fighting each other..all you need to do is just provoke them.. hah..that's what you get when you manipulate other people's life.

DxsaT8OVsAEh9tg.jpg

Sunny now knows what Grandma ED's actual will was..She confronted ED..also threatened her to not use Ari. Because Ari is her daugther now..she'll protect Ari.I hope she can protect Ari..Ari's birth mother is already playing mind games with her.

DxrpY04UYAEbBnV.jpg

Sunny and Wang Shik can be so silly..She fell down to make Wang Shik smile..awww.. :heart: their training session is such a delight for my eyes ...except when Wang Shik had nose bleed..why writer nim why... they're having such good time and you choose exactly that moment to show us the reality.

Empress Dowager get's a taste of her own medicine because of trio's team play..Oh her face was priceless..

So,Wang Shik is in strict mode in the next training. Sunny complains that he is being scary...Oh Hwangu Mama only if you knew...He's being scary because he's scared..very scared to leave you alone in this disgusting palace.

& Lee hyuk saw Chun Woo Bin Crying in despair in front of Empress's room.. So it's very natural that he'd confront Chun Woo Bin for that.. When I see Chun Woo Bin crying like that I can't even feel the sadness properly because we can see that Lee Hyuk is also watching that.

Dxrq17FVsAIyzcQ.jpg

and so Lee Hyuk confronted Chun Woo Bin...and we get no preview.

DxruxMVU8AAyCO4.jpg

Special mention: Playing Ed's scene with Ari's mimicry was so on point.. :cookie: for director's sense of humorous direction.. :lol:

DxrwG0zUYAIfu2i.jpg

Soo...at this point no matter what Chun Woo Bin says I don't think Lee Hyuk will ever fully trust his favourite Chief Guard..He shouldn't actually (If he does trust him, he's truly hopeless)..But he's very much depended on Chun Woo Bin so he might not want to loose him either...So it'll be complicated for him.

I also think Lee Hyuk should've by now understand what Oh Sunny is up to.. It's to reveal the truth..to reveal the terrible sides of the palace.. She said it herself..So let's see what is Emperor's next step.

@foreverempress Thank you very much for the information. 

Sunny was so badass in the last episode she finally learned how to play the game in the palace. I especially loved it when she used her learned self defense on LH. I also love how her and her family are not buying into that goofiness of LH. Sunny´s character has come a long way and I love the strong woman she has become. 

giphy.gif

WB I really hope that you won´t end up dying at the end. You have gone through so much...I wish for you to live and find happiness again. 

Archived