[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:
7 hours ago, partyon said:

No, it's best these people are brought down so they can't conceive anymore idiots into their family. :D

Gold! Lol!

I always thought did they even do a DNA test for Ari? Somehow i hope she is Hyuk's daughter, it would be complicated if she isnt. It's already complicated now with all the nanny bad stuff hahahaha

vaguely remember some scene where there was a paper of a DNA test that said ari was lee hyuk's daughter... looks like nanny faked the test result and the palace wasn't smart enough to catch on it...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a lurker, been lurking around for quite some time now. I finally decided to make an account just to leave my opinion. Call me crazy, but I am in love with Hyuk’s character. Yes, he's a murder and blah blah.

I know that Hyuk and Sunni have a very slim chance of being together, but I can't help rooting for them. 

Hyuk’s character put a deep impression in my heart. All he ever wanted was love...he is a victim of child abuse, and possibly sexually-abuse by his father (who knows what goes behind that door when his father took off his belt to whip him), and everyone he knew is always out to get him or use him for their own benefits. 

I find it really strange that his father would lock Hyuk up in a room with him and took off his belt. No matter how evil Hyuk’s mother is, she doesn’t hit her children, but I think the last emperor did something very disturbing and disgust to Hyuk. And maybe, Hyuk’s mother had to kill her husband using poison or whatever after she found out. 

Sure he was in love with the last empress, but I don’t think it was true love like he is experiencing it right now with Sunni. With the last empress, Hyuk didn’t have to fight or win her over. Just like with all the women he slept with, they all invited themselves into his world without making him fight for it. With Sunni, he has to fight for her affection and that makes him attracted to Sunni. He likes challenged woman, and Sunni was able to show him that side of her. Even though he did attempt to kill her. Smh

I really want more screen time of Hyuk and Sunni together, so Hyuk can show Sunni his real thoughts, personality, character, and getting to know each other better. 

He can’t openly show anyone his true personality because it is hidden behind that fool mask that he been carrying for all his entire life. 

I fast forward the screen time when Sunni is with WB...smh

I have a feeling that Hyuk is not dumb or stupid like everyone thinks he is. He was told by his parents that he is not smarter like his younger brother all his life and often got beaten by it from his dad. Which I seriously think his dad sexually abused him. Hence, his twisted mind. 

He experienced all form of abuses and my heart goes out to him. I’m pretty sure that Hyuk knows that Sunni is using him, but he’s like a child - he wants to gain her affection because he knows that Sunni is real with him.  

He’s not dumb or foolish, all of his life, he has been a puppet to everyone’s eyes even his citizens. 

I hope that Hyuk will get a happy ending. I know that the chance is very low...but I would love to see him with Sunni...

I’m sure Hyuk would give up his throne and everything just to save Sunni’s life or running away with her.

Hyuk’s character is way different than all the k-drama villains I’ve ever met, and yet it captivating me even more. 

The show finally picking up their pace again and I am all in it. Answers are getting shed little by little. As the show is on its way to reach the climax, I can't help but being nervous to know the exact truth behind all of these. That Chunggeum Island's mystery is keep on knocking my mind. What exactly is in that island? I guess the darkest secret of the royal family lies in there.

I also think that Lee Hyuk suffers mental disorder. He shows symptoms of hallucination with panic or anxiety disorder. His moods keep on changing and he fails to make good judgement as we can see that he let himself being manipulated by other people for his entire life. His mental state is in a weak condition. So, I am not surprised if he choose to suicide later.

I hope all of us can look on this story on different angle rather than focusing on the romance only. Enough with the fight. There are more exciting things in this show to mess up our life.

A fun post..

a serious one-

(Those who're defending Lee Hyuk's side after "Seo Kang Hee Murdered So Hyun" revelation .. Ok Lee Hyuk was a poor soul..Okay he never got loved.. But if he'd thrown his wife just because of suspicion that she cheated on him, that makes him the main culprit for the murder of So Hyun. What right he' had to be angry if So Hyun cheated when he himself cheated her first with Seo Kang Hee. If him being a mental excuses his attempted murder, then I'm sure one can find other excuses for Seo Kang Hee, Min Yura, Empress Dowager too..You only have to write more deeply about them (like I'm still wondering what's Min Yura's gain from proving Chun Woo Bin is Na Wang Shik when she can't be an Empress/Emperor's Women anymore. Lee Hyuk is never looking at her ever.. ED never liked her ever and is just taking advantage of her. I'm sure she knows those very well..why won't she runaway from this!!) Wishing for him to lead a healthy life after his redemption is one thing, but wishing him to live happily ever after with sunny is so very....Sorry I don't know what to say.)

and a hopeful one..

They've to ensure punishment for the bad guys, survive till the end and have their happy ending...Fighting. :)

Lee Hyuk has needy character. When he was in love with Yura, he protected her like nothing. But then he burnt her alive. Now with Sunny, he beg her to accept his love, wanna stay with her bla...bla...but when she want divorce, he threaten her that it won't happen till she die. I don't think it's love but obsession. He obsessed because Sunny isn't easy girl anymore. How can he protect her while he can't even protect himself from people surrounds him that make him just like a puppette. 

Sunny's character is too dominant for someone with weak mentality like Hyuk. I prefer her alone at the end of the drama if not with Woobin. 

Sunny was never dominant before. Her circumstances in the palace made her steel up.

I wanted Hyuk to feel remorse and get all punishment he deserves. But what he got in ep 35-36 was brutal to say the least. From they way i see it, he was searching the freesia garden in despair and sadness wanting to know what happened with SH's corpse. He already knows that she wasnt cremated. I was hoping he realized his wrongdoings(any of it) on his own accord, unfortunately he got ganged upon and pushed in a corner once again. 

And i have to add..i hate yoon. He is also despicable masked in a goody two shoes persona. His book is based on semi-truth and he outs Hyuk in public after 7 years, when he could have done the same right after he found Sohyun. That would have made this all easier for everyone. I dont know why he thinks he is on the right side of all this. He barges in, makes a fuss, messes with everyone lives and go out again. 

@oilyfatness Hmm what can be done? Sunny doesn't give a damn about Lee Hyuk because she's got her eyes on Woo Bin now. More importantly; as long as Woo Bin is alive, Hyuk has no chance. I have a feeling some Hyuk fans are hoping Woo Bin dies in the end just so Sunny can be with Hyuk out of pity.

There's a very good chance she won't end up with anyone :lol:

6 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

There's a very good chance she won't end up with anyone :lol:

Yea, that's right. 

*changes topic*

I feel like I relate so much with Princess Ari haha. She's a nerd who can't help her curiosity. She just needs to knowwww. I love her and I want her to share lots of scenes with DS from now on. They are so adorable. :love:

Why was Yoon holding back so much information? Its like every ep he revealed something new and the fact he was the one that buried SH...? Why not reveal this years ago also why didn't tell SH father everything he knew in the first place..

Romance should be the last thing on LH mind, my issue with LH is there is no sense of urgency in his actions so far, if he was truly sorry for what happened to SH, he would take some action and try to right his wrongs. At the moment he is still thinking about his emperor position. Also so far he is not doing anything against his mother, she is doing all these crazy things and all he does is yell at her, like dude use all your resources you have access to against her. He is still coming across like a puppet.

3 hours ago, oilyfatness said:

I'm a lurker, been lurking around for quite some time now. I finally decided to make an account just to leave my opinion. Call me crazy, but I am in love with Hyuk’s character. Yes, he's a murder and blah blah.

I know that Hyuk and Sunni have a very slim chance of being together, but I can't help rooting for them. 

Hyuk’s character put a deep impression in my heart. All he ever wanted was love...he is a victim of child abuse, and possibly sexually-abuse by his father (who knows what goes behind that door when his father took off his belt to whip him), and everyone he knew is always out to get him or use him for their own benefits. 

I find it really strange that his father would lock Hyuk up in a room with him and took off his belt. No matter how evil Hyuk’s mother is, she doesn’t hit her children, but I think the last emperor did something very disturbing and disgust to Hyuk. And maybe, Hyuk’s mother had to kill her husband using poison or whatever after she found out. 

Sure he was in love with the last empress, but I don’t think it was true love like he is experiencing it right now with Sunni. With the last empress, Hyuk didn’t have to fight or win her over. Just like with all the women he slept with, they all invited themselves into his world without making him fight for it. With Sunni, he has to fight for her affection and that makes him attracted to Sunni. He likes challenged woman, and Sunni was able to show him that side of her. Even though he did attempt to kill her. Smh

I really want more screen time of Hyuk and Sunni together, so Hyuk can show Sunni his real thoughts, personality, character, and getting to know each other better. 

He can’t openly show anyone his true personality because it is hidden behind that fool mask that he been carrying for all his entire life. 

I fast forward the screen time when Sunni is with WB...smh

I have a feeling that Hyuk is not dumb or stupid like everyone thinks he is. He was told by his parents that he is not smarter like his younger brother all his life and often got beaten by it from his dad. Which I seriously think his dad sexually abused him. Hence, his twisted mind. 

He experienced all form of abuses and my heart goes out to him. I’m pretty sure that Hyuk knows that Sunni is using him, but he’s like a child - he wants to gain her affection because he knows that Sunni is real with him.  

He’s not dumb or foolish, all of his life, he has been a puppet to everyone’s eyes even his citizens. 

I hope that Hyuk will get a happy ending. I know that the chance is very low...but I would love to see him with Sunni...

I’m sure Hyuk would give up his throne and everything just to save Sunni’s life or running away with her.

Hyuk’s character is way different than all the k-drama villains I’ve ever met, and yet it captivating me even more. 

Omg i fast forward whenever its sunny  and woobin screen time hahahahahaha also wishing for the best to both sunny and the emperor. I have the feeling that  hyuk’s gonna die trying to protect sunny. Anyway, maybe in a different world the emperor and sunny are living happily together. 

I honestly want sunny not to end up with anyone, want to see her as a stong empress who could lead the nation by her own. I feel like the emperor and woobin are gonna die. 

47 minutes ago, sw33tm3lody said:

I dislike Yoon too. He watched how SH was pushed into the pond and didn't do anything. He's unbelievably self-righteous for someone who hasn't behaved well. Has he told HR about his mom's role in her mom's death? That's gonna be a mess. 

The thing is..yoon admitted in the latest ep that he didnt know why Sohyun was in the pond. Meaning to say...HE SAW NOTHING before that. His book is based on not even semi truth. He judged based on what he saw and made assumptions.

p8wRkm.gif

And i dont think he told helro about her mom's blood case. Thinking about it, maybe Hyuk will help with a blood tranfusion after sunny's accident? That is if she is the same blood with her mom, that might be far fetched since she didnt donate her blood to her mom when she was ill. Hua3.

1 hour ago, sw33tm3lody said:

I dislike Yoon too. He watched how SH was pushed into the pond and didn't do anything. He's unbelievably self-righteous for someone who hasn't behaved well. Has he told HR about his mom's role in her mom's death? That's gonna be a mess. :sweatingbullets:

He didn't see her being pushed into the pond. When he reached there, it was already dead body and LH and ED by the side of the pond. I'm sure that if he's seen SH being pushed, he would have gone and helped her already.

My question is, how can Nanny being the one who actually killed SH be outed for her crime. It's like no witness, no clue. Unless she confess, there's no way people will know she is the one who killed her. Unless, they can find some of her DNA on SH's corpse head? That's a bit far fetched though. I don't know if that's possible or not.

Now I suspect that Ari is not LH's bio daughter. We also don't know when she was sent by ED to sleep with LH. Was it before SH's death, or after....

Btw, anyone notice that when LH collapsed onto the flowerbed, only Sojin was the one looking concerned? Bless her heart, I'd say. At least she has the heart to feel sorry for her brother...

56 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

We also don't know when she was sent by ED to sleep with LH. Was it before SH's death, or after....

I think it was before So Hyun's death because ED sent Seo Kang Hee to break So Hyun and Lee Hyuk.. And that's why Seo Kang Hee became more greedy thinking she has a chance with the Emperor if So Hyun is out of the picture.. But later it didn't go as planned, she thought she'll keep her head down and use her daughter Ari when her preparations are ready. Ari may or may not be Lee Hyuk's daughter. That doesn't really matter to Seo Kang Hee. She didn't seemed to be truthful with Prime Minster either..She just want to get hold of the power and Ari is her bet.

Questions That We Want Answers To

1. What animal was cremated in the urn? 

A: A curious cat which was unlucky enough to stumble upon the murder. It tried to flee and yowled for help, but the nanny skinned it alive. The cat will reappear again, because it has eight lives left. 

2. Why is Yoon always in a hurry?

A: He gets agitated easily and has to destress himself in the loo after every dramatic outburst.

3. Why didn't Min Yura recognize Woo Bin in the dark that night?

A: She has myopia, but she refuses to wear glasses.

4. But she heard him crying, omma, omma.

A: She has hearing problems, but she refuses to wear hearing aids.

5. Who do you think is hot other than the two male leads?

A: The Prime Minister

6. What is the next explosive event to expect?

A: Yura's ex turns up as the new chef.

7. What explosive event can we expect?

A: He sets the wok on fire and burns down the entire kitchen.

8. And...

A: The smoke clears to reveal a corpse buried under the kitchen tiles.

9. What????

A: It is revealed that the corpse is Yoon.

10. You gotta be kidding!!!!

A: The real Yoon is dead. The existing Yoon is an imposter.

Just watched esterday's eps & I am having so many questions here....

- Dong Sik calls Na Wang Sik as his brother & Min Yu Ra as his sister... Then whose son is he..?! I clearly heard he called Min Yu Ra "Noona".

- I just thought that Min Yu Ra knows the true identity of Chun Woo Bin... But did I miss something..? She doesn't seems to know that he is Na Wang Sik himself!

- Since the beginning, I had a feeling that Lee Hyuk is innocent & his mom is using him as a puppet! Then it appears to the truth for him. I think he should team up with Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik in order to trap his own mother in her own bait! But what will happen when Lee Hyuk gets to know that Chun Woo Bin is Na Wang Sik..?!

- Now the time has passed in to the present phase as everything happening inside the castle is after they found So Hyun's mummy..... But what exactly is the secret of Empress Dowager's Freesia garden..?! I just thought Late So Hyun might be buried under that garden for a second. But seems like it's not the case.... And I am curious over the secret of that imperial island! But somehow at the end, it's all done by Empress Dowager herself!!!!

And I think that many fans might be glad that the series got an episode extension... But I really hope they wouldn't drag the story to a disaster....

7 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

- Dong Sik calls Na Wang Sik as his brother & Min Yu Ra as his sister... Then whose son is he..?! I clearly heard he called Min Yu Ra "Noona".

Na Wang Shik's mother raised Dong Shik as her son so that Min Yura can go after her dream without having to take care of a baby..So Dong Shik never knew that Min Yura is his birth mother. He knows her as Noona...a noona who used to live with them and part of his family..And Dong shik believes Wang Shik is his real brother.

I think Sunny is accepting Woobin's suggestion to leave the palace until everything is ok. Maybe lee hyuk too much push her to be with him that scared her XD. When they get accident, actually it's chance for Byun to give Woobin having a surgery. I wonder how Lee Hyuk's reaction knowing his two beloved person get accident. He will be cry a river but then on the next day just act like nothing happen again lol. But I'm waiting the day he knows the truth Woobin is the man he wants to kill the most, Na Wang Sik. And more hurting, his wife is in love with his enemy. 

54 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Na Wang Shik's mother raised Dong Shik as her son so that Min Yura can go after her dream without having to take care of a baby..So Dong Shik never knew that Min Yura is his birth mother. He knows her as Noona...a noona who used to live with them and part of his family..And Dong shik believes Wang Shik is his real brother.

Maybe Yura has amnesia that make her act like Dongsik is not her son XD. I wonder where the real dad of dongsik now. 

Archived