[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 hour ago, waffles09 said:

New preview

Yeyyy .. 

The servant really Min Yu Ra...  But, Min Yu Ra, how she find Dong Shik? Dong Shik under Byun and Yoon protection,

What will he do after meet Woo Bin aka NWS?

What Sunny will do that make ED angry?

Lee Yoon... is he come back to the palace?

What Lee Hyuk do in the Garden?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!.. new preview looks intense. Gosh.. how to wait till Wednesday!:wacko:

this is really the beginning of the downfall of the imperial empire. Teacher Byun’s “army”/alliance coming strong in full force and Sunny is playing her cards right!

I fear for Dong Shik. Please keep this poor boy safe. 

Found this Translation of preview

https://www.instagram.com/kdrama.scene1/p/Bs5vuMuhE4q/

Yes, Lee Hyuk's recent acts are cute, funny and amusing. 

But it still doesn't seem like a redemption arc to me. He is not sorry for the other things he had done, simply apologizing to Sunny because he wants to earn her forgiveness and love back. For the sorry he uttered, it was not out of regret but more of the fact that he realized Sunny was angry with him for robbing her mother's chance to be alive. But he did not regret that he lives while her mother died because of him. He felt rightful so because he is the emperor. If it was another person's death, he would never have apologized. Only because the death was related to Sunny, hence he apologized to regain her trust, 

It does show that he is starting to love Sunny but is it the beginning of redemption for him? I am not sure. He still has his mean side out to play at times, only showing his kind side to Sunny. So I am still not buying that redemption arc for Lee Hyuk even though I do feel that he is getting to be more sincere towards Sunny. Being care and loving to one person, don't make a bad person turn good overnight. For all the darkness in a person, there is always a spot of light, and for Lee Hyuk, his current spot of light happened to be Sunny. But whether the light will cause him to change for better is still yet to be seen. We can hope but it would be too soon to cast him in a positive light now.

Wait, what?!? How did Yu-ra's burn marks disappear completely from her face? Those plastic surgeons in SK are REALLY good - never seen a burn mark heal that fast!

On a side note, I always get confused when you guys use the abbreviation ED for the "Empress Dowager". I always think of ED as being... :D (watch it on your own risk)

Spoiler

11 hours ago, partyon said:

Wait, what?!? How did Yu-ra's burn marks disappear completely from her face? Those plastic surgeons in SK are REALLY good - never seen a burn mark heal that fast!

On a side note, I always get confused when you guys use the abbreviation ED for the "Empress Dowager". I always think of ED as being... :D (watch it on your own risk)

Reveal hidden contents

If you think this plastic surgeon is good, you should see the one over at 'left handed wife'.  Not only did the surgeon make person A look exactly like another, he also gave him that person's voice! haha. genius! 

5 hours ago, cucumbermelon88 said:

Thank you

Preview IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs40fImBSSr/

** ED tries to point at LH as the one who killed SH.   Maybe she does that because SH’s dad is coming after her so she tries to divert his attention to LH?  OR she is trying to bring back LH under her skirt from Sunny by putting him on the spot?

Here is what ED says in the preview.
LH mother : He saw Queen Sohyeon push to the pond and kill her.
LH mother: tell that you saw the emperor pushed SH into the pond and killed her.

MYR : I'm going to say hello to the palace, Minyura.  
           Nawangsik is in front of you.
MYR: A court lady MYR,  entering the palace (something like that?)  
          NWS is in front of me ( two different separate scenes?)

byun sunsaeng : It's time to bring this revolution down from the throne.
Byun: It’s about time to bring LH down from the throne.

LY : l am It's a real Vincent Lee that I wrote this book.
LY: I am the real Vincent who wrote the book.

PS  Okay it looks like Sunny is going out on the full scale of revenge against the imperial family.  She makes him act like her puppet.  I am beginning to wonder about the writer’s intention with LH.   Does the writer try to redeem LH by making him so helpless under Sunny so eventually Sunny comes to regret how she treats him and she will forgive him??   

47AKsyM.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20190122085351853

na-wang-shik-choi-ji-hyuk.jpg?w=720

I saw few people here commented that Na Wang Shik (Chun Woo Bin) wronged Oh Sunny as he tried to kill her.

Na Wang Shik never tried killing Oh Sunny. He came in the royal palace only for taking revenge but when he saw that not only the Emperor had no regards for the Empress, he also was in a relationship with Min Yura, he wanted to save sunny from this hellhole. He understood that it’d be a matter of time that they discard Oh Sunny. So he tried to save her by proposing to kill her for the Emperor. Sure, he needed to earn Lee Hyuk’s trust too with this plan so that it helps his revenge but that doesn’t mean he actually tried to kill her. If it wasn’t him, Lee Hyuk might have tried to kill Sunny by other method. NWS also prepared her rescue as well. He didn’t want to blow his cover so he never said anything to Sunny. Even when he threatened her family it was also done so that they all agree to go abroad and be saved from these evil royals. Na Wang Shik wanted to save sunny from the start because he knew it very well how evil these people are and this filthy palace is not place for an innocent person such as Sunny.

Guys, I'm not against Pyeha-Sunny shippers if you guys prefer this ship. I respect your likes though I prefer Woobin-Sunny couple. However, I saw the comments saying bad stuff about Jang Nara such as saying her too clingy to Choi Jin Hyuk. Those fans actually support Sunny-Pyeha because they still delutional with CHJ's previous drama, Devilish Joy. They support Sunny-Pyeha and said 'please stay alone Na Wang Dik till end of series because you already got one, Hulk'. I think Hulk is his nick name in Devilish Joy or something. Oh my...this delulu fans...  I wasn't follow Nara and Jinhyuk before, so I wasn't aware their friendship. Whatever it is saying bad things about Nara just because they're so closer is so wrong. In my eyes, it always Jinhyuk who likes initiate small touch or skinship with her. These fans are too much. I'm not saying those who support Sunny-Pyeha all like that, but it opens my heart there are some delulu fans against Dunny-Woobin coz they don't move on from JH's last drama. 

That Behind the Scenes video was super fun. I wish we would get English subtitles too. The actors seem to be having fun while shooting.

I wonder whether they really 'hit' the actors while enacting a scene. It wouldn't be fun to be at the receiving end of the. :tears:

Thanks for the preview subtitles.

Waiting next ep... 

I wanna try NWS diet... :wub:

Not only loss his weight but also can increasing his height.. 

Amazing

Check out how Min Yura and NWS in 1st ep, and how Min Yu Ra looks Woo Bin at 24th ep, thats a great diet method. :wub:

Choi Jin Hyuk be like "They're bullying me together..TTTTT".. :D

He also teases Jang nara a lot in behind the scene.. Shin Sung Rok too..

Jang Nara cutely asked if she can shoot the slaping scene again.. look at CJH's expression.. I guess Jang Nara really does enjoy slaping scenes these days. 

Arrggh..why can't SBS provide english sub for the behind the scene..why! 

Soompi article

https://www.soompi.com/article/1296081wpp/7-heart-melting-moments-last-empress-episodes-33-34

:wacko:omo... i have to disagree with this part of the article - err.... itz pretty obvious uri cute empress did not forgive him :

** Extract::blink:

"1. Hyuk’s apology

First up, Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) finally swallows his pride and apologizes to Sunny (Jang Nara) for having received the blood transfusion that would have saved Sunny’s mother’s life years ago. As Hyuk almost never admits to being in the wrong, this is a huge step for the Emperor, and it’s nice to see that he’s trying to be a better person.

Equally touching is Sunny’s graciousness in conceding that it was not really Hyuk’s fault, which is incredibly generous considering the situation led to her mother’s death."

:glasses:o..kay.. campaigning in progress:

:naughty: Say No! to Big Bad Wolf!

w0FJwcY.jpg

myIihyE.jpg

He juz want her as a trophy...tsk...tsk

On 1/19/2019 at 10:12 PM, xprosperity said:

I personally love Princess Ari and her development too; ever since she got proper knowledge and discipline from Sunny, she's becoming a different person. However, I'm unsure if her change is REAL or due to the fact that she knows that Sunny is the true heir to all of the inheritance left behind... Either or, I'm still warm inside from all of the lovely moments they share. I love how the nanny just switches side and just decides to tell the Emperor everything: from the peanut allergy to SH Empress's death... 

I think AR loves Sunny and fixated on her bc Sunny is the Empress.  In her child's mind, when she became the Emperor's daughter, it was a given that her mother would be the Empress.  After that, I think she realized that Sunny was the only one who actually had any real affection for her.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, nara0603 said:

just curious?

1. what will sunny think if she know about min yura is woo bin/wang shik x-lover?

I believe Sunny already knows.  I think the late Empress SH's father explained everything to Sunny.  And Sunny has that locket that shows NWS, MYR, and little DS.  And the old man explained WB/WS's history so I think she already knows.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:06 AM, stroppyse said:

In a way, I do feel bad for the nanny, though she's pretty much an evil character who betrayed her friend and allowed the Emperor into her bed for the potential benefit that she might gain. It was also hinted at one point that she planned to get pregnant to have LH's baby, and given that she conceived after only 1 night, I find some credibility to that. But, anyway, she is a true mother after all, fighting for what she thinks is best for her daughter. Unfortunately, that included raising AR to be an insufferable snob "aware" of her position and with very little joy in her life. In her nanny's position, probably in order to cultivate what she sees as the proper royal attitude, it doesn't seem that she cultivated much love into AR, nor showed her much, if any, actual affection. Thus, AR's rejection of her nanny as her mother, despite knowing that the nanny was the one who actually gave birth to her.

Anyway, the nanny has redeemed herself a bit to me in the latest episodes because she realized how much harm the DE might do to AR as a pawn in one of her schemes. Despite being AR's grandmother, it's clear the DE doesn't care at all if AR lives or dies, and the nanny has finally fully realized it, versus SN who has always protected and cared for AR. Despite her jealousy of the relationship between SN and AR, I think the nanny has cast her lot with the one who will protect her daughter, and thus, she's quick to switch sides. The switch was quick and it wasn't the most deftly handled, but I'm willing to give it a stretch since I do think that AR is the only person the nanny truly loves, and that characteristic has been consistent through the drama.

A part of me thinks that the Nanny doesn't really love AR, and only sees her as her way to power.  I have doubts over whether AR is really LH's daughter.  But, more than that, I think that the Nanny now regrets that AR doesn't recognize her as a mother.  But someone as wicked and ambitious as the Nanny--I think her main concern should something happen to AR would be that she has lost her position.

I agree with @supergal99that Sunny was faking her acceptance of Hyuk's apology.  And that Hyuk wants Sunny as a trophy.  Sunny became 'interesting' to him when he saw her with WB.  He looked so jealous and had to remind himself that WB is carrying out orders to create a scandal with the Empress.  Also he is lonely right now without anyone to lean on and get emotional support from.  The moment the tramp worms her way back in, he will lose his fascination with Sunny.  

While we are all multifaceted. I do wish the writer will stop making his character so funny and endearing.  Or maybe it is the actor who is too skilled in his craft!  It's so easy to forget that the Emperor has done many evil deeds and need to be punished by the law. 

Archived