[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Lee Hyuk truly is pitiful and he's never gonna find anyone trustworthy because of who he is. But you still have to admit. He deserves to get played by both Sunny and Woo Bin. It's not wrong for Sunny and Woo Bin to hate Lee Hyuk and play him because they have every reason to do what they're doing. They shouldn't be forced to forgive him if they don't want to. Let them get the justice they want.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Shin sung rok ig update! :lol:

His caption:

Sunny-ya

P/s: all the secrets..start releasing

He is so funny... look at the emojis he used...

I forgot to mention that the smartest villain has got to be the Nanny... She really knows how to play her cards well. I am so glad that in the next episode Sunny will start to catch on to her relationship with the PM. 

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm preparing myself for heartbreak in the 2nd half of TLE. Hyuk is my soft spot. And i feel like he'll be wrenching my heart out if he turns good or if he turns completely bad. I'll go down with Hyuk! Fighting Hyuk! Keep being on the right track as long as you possibly can, hopefully forever~ huhuhu

There are some villainous characters that is just so captivating. For example Eom Ki Joon in Defendant, Mishil in The Great Queen Seon Deok. So does, Lee Hyuk. we as the audience couldn't help but curious for their arc.

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He is so funny... look at the emojis he used...

Ngahaha. He has a fun IG account and he really utilizes emojis hahahaha. Eg this pic with his doppelganger line character:

His caption:

My cubs

feat. Shin Eun Kyung ❤️

Just watched the subbed episode.. First thing comes to mind, Hyuk didn't kill his wife did he? There's a gap of time when he left her and then back again.. And he never saw her face. ".. As if she was a wax figure." is that a clue? Am I reading too much on this? I should stop the guessing game now already -_-

But anyway, even if he didn't kill her it won't erase the fact that he abused her and cheat on her, his pregnant wife. 

Overall, what a roller coaster ride of an episode. Love it! 

Everyone saying Lee Hyuk is pity but seems forget about the sad life that Na Wang Sik has. He still ha a bullet in his head that can kill him anytime. He lost his mom and can't be with Dongsik. His girl betrayed him. He even has to protect his enemy's wife because he loves her while they still can't be together. Once his true identity came out, no one can help him especially if they use Dongsik. My Bin is my fav character. His happy ending is enough for me. I hope the writer not kill him just to satisfy the endgame Sunny Leehyuk. Doesn't matter Sunny with Leehyuk but I hope Binnie is alive till this drama end. See, I'm getting too invested in this drama HAHAHA

Hahaha. Yep i kinda forgot what a sad life na wang shik has. Maybe because i just didnt focus on him that much. Or maybe because na wang shik and bin looks so different that i forgot they are the same person at times. The rocky transformation sequence was gold, a haircut turned him into CJH :lol:.

l5j3K5.gif

Rocky transform!

If they did decide to change it up at the end, if anything I am intrigued how they would do it. I feel like LH has been written in a corner here, he has done too much to come out unscathed at the end. Even if LH had a complete personality overhaul and changed for the better, he still will have to answer for all his crimes.

His crimes have not exactly been small, just going back.. His actions after hitting WS mother and the way him and MYR dumped her body, just the total disregard was so cruel. After all that deciding to get rid of WS and leaving a bullet in his head.

What about his treatment of SH, choking his pregnant wife and pushing/leaving her in the water..

So no matter how cute he is being there is still a trail of hurt and destruction he has left behind.

I feel for Sunny, WS/DS and SH father the most, because their entire life has been effected the most.

-Yes LH is starting to fall for Sunny now but doesn't change how he married her for an alibi and how he has treated her. The fact she is involved in all of this is because of him.

-WS/DS life has also changed.

-Can you imagine SH father having no idea what happened to his daughter, also the fact that he doesn't know about where she is buried is so heartbreaking

And there is so many more things LH and ED have done..  Considering all their actions I am wondering how they would not end up in a prison cell in the end.

10 minutes ago, autumna said:

If they did decide to change it up at the end, if anything I am intrigued how they would do it. I feel like LH has been written in a corner here, he has done too much to come out unscathed at the end. Even if LH had a complete personality overhaul and changed for the better, he still will have to answer for all his crimes.

His crimes have not exactly been small, just going back.. His actions after hitting WS mother and the way him and MYR dumped her body, just the total disregard was so cruel. After all that deciding to get rid of WS and leaving a bullet in his head.

What about his treatment of SH, choking his pregnant wife and pushing/leaving her in the water..

So matter how cute he is being there is still a trail of hurt and destruction he has left behind.

I feel for Sunny, WS/DS and SH father the most, because their entire life has been effected the most.

-Yes LH is starting to fall for Sunny now but doesn't change how he married her for an alibi and how he has treated her. The fact she is involved in all of this is because of him.

-WS/DS life has also changed.

-Can you imagine SH father having no idea what happened to his daughter, also the fact that he doesn't know about where she is buried is so heartbreaking.

And there is so many more things LH and ED have done..  Considering all their actions I am wondering how they would not end up in prison cell in the end.

Yes to all you said.

I'm wondering what the writer wanna show us for more episodes while all of mysteries, none of them are open up till now. I feel sorry for Dongsik. He even doesn't know his real mom. This kid has the opposite life from princess Ari. Yet, he still can't get his precious buddy (Na Wang Sik).

I told before Lee Hyuk is the worst character that created in this drama just because simple reason. He make people surrounds in miserable. Every thing him done seems in a wrong path. He was mistreated his beloved wife until she dead. His weak personality makes his mom covering all the things he's done (yet people blame all to ED. Yes she's bad. But this adult guy can't even behave properly). He killed someone's mom and even tried to kill Na Wang Sik too. He didn't even say anything to his father in law. Until now, he didn't pay anything from his mistakes and people still saying he is pity??? Really??? His bipolar can kill anyone soon or later.

I feel this drama lost its interesting thing just because too much focus on Lee Hyuk. The writer really should move on to another part, give us more clues about all the crimes. He/she seems forget about the island and secret garden because too much drama in drama.

Little bit disappointed about Sunny act, she used Lee Hyuk feeling toward her. 

There is more than a necklace, I think something different between both ot that necklaces, although it was similar looks. 

The picture from the books and SH photograph that Lee Yoon's owned might be evidence, that there is more than a necklace, and start to lookin for the real necklace that burried with SH corpse. That corpse does't look if she's die because of sank in the lake. If SH burried there why Lee Hyuk doesn't know? He even don't feel guilt by put that necklace in Sunny, if he knew SH corpse also use that necklace?

Who is that sank in the lake? 

She become nightmare of ED, but why at the time Lee Hyuk find her, he didn't see her face.

Does Lee Hyuk just innocent of killing his wife? He just tried to kill, but ED is the real killer. Lee Hyuk guilt can make her control him easily. 

The picture of Kang Ju Sung is Min Yu Ra, not SH. The clotes similar to MYR in KJS memories. 

In this Episode I think it's really clear that the writer wanna make Sunny - Woo Bin in the end. No feeling that will be grow in Sunny hearts toward Lee Hyuk till the end, although he is nice to her. 

Sunny won't end up with Lee Hyuk. 

Yep, as I had previously said.  This writer is using every single suspension of disbelief makjang plot device ever created. 

Now,  we are going to have a resurrection of a supposedly dead person, ie, Hyuk's first wife.  And, naturally, since she didn't die, she must have given birth to the twins,  even if she was in a coma.  And, naturally, the twins have been hidden away since birth.:blink::w00t:

Ha ha, if Hyuk's first wife isn't dead, then, his marriage to Suni is not legal.  :P

Don't worry guys. Even i, a self-proclaimed Hyuk enthusiast don't think Hyuk will end with Sunny. 

I think Hyuk is getting the chilbong treatment. Hyped by viewers but he won't be end game. And chilbong was a super nice person, attentive and cute but he still lost to trash oppa (who was a nice person too but less hyped).

How can Hyuk win Sunny's heart over Bin who is far far nicer than him? I don't think he can. But he can win over some viewers hearts by being a reformed man as the story goes, or not. Nevertheless, he still won mine hahahaha :lol:

giphy_(3).gif?type=w1200

BinxHyuk first encounter!! So intense!

the kill count bet -- the list more or less stays the same from last week. 9 or 10 actual deaths but fake/close deaths rises to 17 with ari's peanut allergy. 

Spoiler

Updated notes:

** original bet from december had about 7-8 ish people (not counting the fake deaths); count currently stands at 9 or 10 -- same as last week.

** the fake death has increased by 1 -- with ari's peanut allergy

wang shik & sunny in lake, emperor stabbed in neck, wang shik in sea, sunny in cliff, sunny almost falls off crane, sunny getting hit by stone, helro and dad almost burnt, yura getting cement poured on, servant lady getting beaten by empress, yura fakes death with yellow truck, yura almost burns with yellow truck, emperor and his motorbike incident, royal guard who is no longer missing but in mental hospital, old guard who showed up in front of yura and now ari.

so about 17 fake/close deaths?

UPDATED:

so far, 1 villain (Ma pil joo) have been killed, 5 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong, sunny's mom), miscellaneous people (the royal guard's brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies + the doctor at imperial hospital) , all together about 9 or 10*** folks? going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

am enjoying the small steps sunny and wang shik are taking towards each other. found their meeting after the slap quite funny. hahahaha.. sunny is as protective of wang shik as he is of her... and it is fun to see sunny become smarter in her interactions and knowing which button to push. the empress dowager's assistant is really getting on my nerves. she is another villain that really needs a few knocks.

and looks like dong shik is in danger next week. since wang shik gave him that button as a keepsake, will the kidnappers figure out wang shik's true identity? or will dong shik somehow end up in the palace as ari's new studymate?

P.S ~ is it confirmed the previous empress is in some coma? don't recall any scene???? :huh:.. or is it just speculation due to the novel's mention of "she looked like wax statue?"

Lets forget about the endgame and focus on Soe Hyun. I think she already dead and the mummy we saw at 1st epi was her. About the necklace, it is possible there are 2 necklace. One is original another one is imitation. The original one is with the mummy. Because whoever did this, he/she want to make sure that precious necklace is safe for him/her only. The imitation one is with the empress. There are 2 person is suspected in my theory, the nanny and ED. The nanny was SH's close friend. It will be so easy for her to find the original necklace of SH and make the imitation one. For ED, no difficulties at all to make the new one similar to original one. 

Second, the secret garden. Perhaps the cookies are related to drugs because SN smells very strong one in that garden. 

And the island, it is possible grandma's precious stuff is located in that island. Or the island was for supplying ED's bath extract (or whatever we call) to make her stay young. Or that island is made for burried and torture people who against imperial family.

That's all my speculation XD.

Is the empress alive? At the end of the episode, they said that someone took her away. Did I hear correctly, or was I wrong? I thought that her ashes were in the urn. But then they flashed back to her buried underground...on that island? Lee Hyuk didn't kill her, someone else did. Was it the nanny? If she's alive, will she return for vengeance? Then we'll have two empresses looking for vengeance. 

2 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

Is the empress alive? At the end of the episode, they said that someone took her away. Did I hear correctly, or was I wrong? I thought that her ashes were in the urn. But then they flashed back to her buried underground...on that island? Lee Hyuk didn't kill her, someone else did. Was it the nanny? If she's alive, will she return for vengeance? Then we'll have two empresses looking for vengeance. 

We are not sure if Sohyun is alive. Here is a gif of the end scene

N9QJlz.gif

But there was the news in ep 1 that a corpse was found. Don't know if that piece of news is legit or not too. For all we know it might even be a reenactment of a piece of Mrs Spencer Novel hahaha.

And.....in baker king kim tak gu (a makjang fest back in 2010) the supposedly dead mother did comeback alive full of vengeance mid series. Sooooo..i wont be surprised if that is somehow the case here. Lol

Let the secrets be revealed and all cray2 be unleashed! Muahaha

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

the kill count bet -- the list more or less stays the same from last week. 9 or 10 actual deaths but fake/close deaths rises to 17 with ari's peanut allergy. 

Reveal hidden contents

Updated notes:

** original bet from december had about 7-8 ish people (not counting the fake deaths); count currently stands at 9 or 10 -- same as last week.

** the fake death has increased by 1 -- with ari's peanut allergy

wang shik & sunny in lake, emperor stabbed in neck, wang shik in sea, sunny in cliff, sunny almost falls off crane, sunny getting hit by stone, helro and dad almost burnt, yura getting cement poured on, servant lady getting beaten by empress, yura fakes death with yellow truck, yura almost burns with yellow truck, emperor and his motorbike incident, royal guard who is no longer missing but in mental hospital, old guard who showed up in front of yura and now ari.

so about 17 fake/close deaths?

UPDATED:

so far, 1 villain (Ma pil joo) have been killed, 5 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong, sunny's mom), miscellaneous people (the royal guard's brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies + the doctor at imperial hospital) , all together about 9 or 10*** folks? going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

am enjoying the small steps sunny and wang shik are taking towards each other. found their meeting after the slap quite funny. hahahaha.. sunny is as protective of wang shik as he is of her... and it is fun to see sunny become smarter in her interactions and knowing which button to push. the empress dowager's assistant is really getting on my nerves. she is another villain that really needs a few knocks.

and looks like dong shik is in danger next week. since wang shik gave him that button as a keepsake, will the kidnappers figure out wang shik's true identity? or will dong shik somehow end up in the palace as ari's new studymate?

P.S ~ is it confirmed the previous empress is in some coma? don't recall any scene???? :huh:.. or is it just speculation due to the novel's mention of "she looked like wax statue?"

Nope.. I think she's dead not in coma. The director probably just want to show us that So Hyun is actually the mummy buried in the 1st ep. I don't think they will resurrect her. As for Hyuk, he will die to save Sunny and to be together with So Hyun instead. Forgive me, this is my 1st makjang and I'm simple like that. Haha.. 

The quote from the novel made me think that the one Hyuk saw floating on the lake was actually a mannequin. Not an indication of So Hyun in coma.. :D

I agree that Empress SH is dead and isn’t in a coma. The burial is probably to say she is the corpse identified in episode 1. It is the start to the crumbling of the royal family. SSR is such an amazing actor that his charms have created a gazillion of fans for this insane mama’s boy Emperor LH character lol. He is totally stealing the show acting wise but I hope the show can refocus on Sunny and WB as the leads too. It seems like Sunny and WB doesn’t have to do much with a royal family this dysfunctional lol. The double date scene with LH and SJ fighting over Bin was so funny lol. Can’t wait until the next episode and I hope little DS will be safe from Yura (she is terrible for harming her own son too; guess she doesn’t know her former lover is alive and wait till she finds out the royal family locked him up etc.) 

Dong Shik live will be safe if he became Ari's studymate. He's also have a nice attitude and personality, I think if he meets with Ari they will became friend. Maybe Dong Shik will be saved by Ari when he pushed into the palace. Ari's know how to treat other person better than before, if she looks Dong Shik underpressure and feel sympaty toward him, she will help him. But Dong Shik must keep secret of NWS identity. 

SH was already death. Hard to make a story turn around that she's alive and birth twins. And imagine if the twin separated is A Ri and Dong Shik. :sweatingbullets:

mistery by Time 

1. 10 years ago : Hyuk suicide reason

2. 7 years ago : SH death case, KJS missing. 

3. 1 years later : Corpse that find burried in Enhwa Palace - it solve : That's SH corpse. 

4. Today GED death case

CASE

1. Lee Hyuk attack (Kang Ju Sung's older brother, saved by Sunny) SAVED AND LIVE 

2. Kang Ju Sung's older brother death (drink poison, send by ED ) DEATH

3. NWS's mother death (both Yu Ra and Lee Hyuk) DEATH AND CORPSE FOUND

4. LH tried to kill Min Yu Ra (Ma Pil Jo ordered by Lee Hyuk, but not execute yet) SAVED AND LIVE 

5. Min Yu Ra tried fake suicide SAVED AND LIVE 

6. LH tried to kill NWS by shot  (Ma Pil Jo ordered by Lee Hyuk, saved by Byun) SAVED AND LIVE 

7. ED tried to kill Min Yu Ra by pouring cement (Empress Dowager, saved by GED) SAVED AND LIVE 

8. LH tried to kill Oh Ssu Ni in the wedding day (Ma Pil Jo ordered by Lee Hyuk, saved by Woo Bin) SAVED AND LIVE 

9. So Hyun death (mistery, most suspicious : Lee Hyuk, ED, KH, Miss Choi, witness Yoon) DEATH CORPSE NOT FOUND BUT SHOWN SHE'S BECAME CORPSE 1 YEARS LATER

10. Ma Pil Jo death (killed by Woo Bin) DEATH AND CORPSE FOUND

11. LH tried to Kill Oh Ssu Ni push from the cliff (Woo Bin ordered by Lee Hyuk, saved by Byun) SAVED AND LIVE 

12. GED death (mistery) DEATH AND CORPSE FOUND/SHOWN 

13. Chief Joo suicide (ordered by Lee Hyuk, saved by Min Yu Ra) SAVED AND LIVE 

13. Ms. Hong suicide, sacrifice to save Oh Ssu Ni DEATH AND CORPSE FOUND/SHOWN

14. Hel Ro burnt (Woo Bin ordered by Lee Hyuk, saved by Oh Ssu Ni sacrifice to accept divorce) SAVED AND LIVE 

15. Sunny and Hel Ro's Dad (Woo Bin ordered by Lee Hyuk, saved by Oh Ssu Ni) SAVED AND LIVE 

16. Min Yu Ra burn in the car (Lee Hyuk, saved by Woo Bin ordered to Hyuk) SAVED AND LIVE 

17. Kang Ju Sung missing (mistery, he scary with ED) SAVED AND LIVE 

18. Female servant that lock in the ED's garden (Miss Choi ordered by ED, saved by Oh Ssu Ni and Woo Bin) SAVED AND LIVE 

19. Lee Hyuk suicide (mystery, saved by blood transfer, that should be owned by Sunny's mother) SAVED AND LIVE 

20. Sunny and Hel Ro's mother death (don't get blood transfer). 

21. Doctor in the hospital death (suicide or killed by ED using poisonous injection) DEATH

22. Woo Bin was threatened with being shot (ED, saved by So Jin) SAVED AND LIVE 

22. Tried to kill A Ri (poisonus cake, ordered by ED to trapping Sunny, witness Kang Hee) SAVED AND LIVE 

Archived