[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Just now, laivla said:

3 Fav song from them , #my imagination this will solve their relationship in this Kdrama

I bet everything on you - SSR (Ost. Sandglass Musical) 

Wind from the End of the Sky - JNR (Ost. Dong Yi) 

Don't Look Back - CJH (Ost. The Heirs) 

Wait. Was CJH in The Heirs? Woahhh. I never knew that.

Anyways..the official MV for OST 4 is out!

i like this song too. Its catchy and i cant get it out of my mind. Pun intended. Hahaha

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Wait. Was CJH in The Heirs? Woahhh. I never knew that.

Anyways..the official MV for OST 4 is out!

like this song too. Its catchy and i cant get it out of my mind. Pun intended. Hahaha

CJH roles as Kim Won, older brother of Kim Tan. Don't Look Back was love theme song about him and his girlfriend in that kDrama. 

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/12350/20131122/choi-jin-hyuk-sings-the-ost-for-heirs.htm

I knew it.. and thanks, i'm so damn love all of this drama ost, although I'm still wish that there will lauch a song from SSR-JNR-CJH.. hihiihii...

2 hours ago, juju84 said:

@booha, thank you for sharing your thoughts, chingu)

Seriously, it was very refreshing and pleasing for me to read your perspective and take on WB's character.  And I agree with you on most parts but I guess I still feel sore about the fact that EVERYONE are using Sunni as a step ladder to achieve their goal. And even if I can understand that sometimes it's choosing lesser of two evils for WB, I still can't help feeling upset on behalf of Sunni.

The last drop was WB's fake declaration of love. I still feel sore about it. 'Cause no matter how you look or interpret, it WAS fake at that moment. For all I see, WB's feelings for Sunni are still half-conscious for him. And at that time his intention was to irk LH. But it is a totally different matter for Sunni and she was swayed momentarily (you could clearly see it in her eyes) even though she knows she shouldn't be.

In some respect it's similar to the situation with princess SJ, even though I don't particularly like her but WB's behaviour is cruel, tactless and immoral.

Thus I want WB to suffer at least a little for his thoughtless confession. He never showed any signs of jealousy when it comes to Sunni. I think it's high time)

From another perspective, eventhough the show has suddenly forgot about WB health the last few eps, WB actions is also due to the fact he is literally running on short time, he probably feels like he doesn't have a lot of time, his focus has been on revenge so far but its starting to shift to also wanting to protect Sunny. Also his plan maybe questionable but at least Sunny knows about it.

From the preview he doesn't seem particularly thrilled with LH attention on Sunny, I don't think he knows what his feelings for Sunny are yet but probably may come to realize it via the plan.

Saying that I do think that WB focus on revenge has not exactly been healthy, to the point you don't want to get life saving surgery also what about DS? His not thinking about the consequences.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

If you watch this writer’s drama, you will know this is her style . She fleshes out all her villains very well . @Lmangla my go to chingu when it comes to all thinks makjang  explained this before. Maybe she can further enlighten us since she’s watched many of her dramas

kekeke... you make me sound like an expert! :sweatingbullets::lol:

so here's my previous post on why there is NO way lee hyuk and sunny can be end game.

so @ChewyChocolate asked why is there such a focus on lee hyuk and sunny? the reason is very simple. the lead of the show is sunny. and the evil guy is hyuk. and so there is a tango between the two. we see this same sort of dance in the writer's previous works as well but there wasn't romantic vibe but instead a very strong competitive witch like behaviour.

take jang bori which is between 2 women who grow up as sisters or temptation of wife which is between 2 ex-friends. the rivalry and antics was fun to watch. the romance was really a side plot. a close comparison to empress dignity would be temptation of angel where the guy was a lead and the villain was his ex-wife. at one point, he plays with her mind and she starts liking him (she doesn't know it is her ex though! :lol:). you wonder if he will be swayed, forgive her and get back together -- nope! it is all sorts of craziness. in the end, she meets the fate of all villains however, sad her sob story is...

people find the actor SSR very charming (rightfully so) but makjang is not one of those genres where people easily forgive and let go of the past. one of the reasons I find makjang endearing is that people's reactions are realistic in that they struggle to forgive. they hold on to anger and the hurts. the real arc for the leads is how to retain their humanity and not lose themselves in their quest for revenge. how does one let go of the anger and hurt? they will find love but their actual journey is not about finding love (unlike rom-coms) -- it is about making peace with the past. that is the journey of any lead in a makjang story.

so sunny has been deeply hurt and is not going to smile back at lee hyuk. she is NOT going to let him into her heart again because of the things he has done. instead, she will bide her time as she is still under danger and try to regain what she has lost -- her reputation and honour.

in one of my favourite dailys, the villain gives this sob story on why she did what she did. her husband responds "so what? everyone has a sob story. that doesn't give you the right to treat others that way."  we already see sunny asking "what right does lee hyuk have to treat others this way?" -- this isn't a romantic vibe. this is righteous anger.

Two episodes extension is ok. But 4? Really? Maybe the writer will make all died characters alive again..kkkkk

Waiting for double dates and we'll see how Sojin's character is. Hopefully she isn't rude towards Sunny otherwise her little sister will be mad XD

Just as I figured. An extension is in talks. I have a feeling it will be confirmed because this writer is really well known for extending her dramas. Will it be more draggy? Maybe, unless there manages to be new "exciting" problems caused by the villains.

1 hour ago, PutriSalju said:

Two episodes extension is ok. But 4? Really? Maybe the writer will make all died characters alive again..kkkkk

Waiting for double dates and we'll see how Sojin's character is. Hopefully she isn't rude towards Sunny otherwise her little sister will be mad XD

They mean 4 episodes 30 min each. which is 2 full episodes for 60 min. If they extend for two more episodes (4 episodes for 30 min.) there will be an open space in the airing chart again so I really don't see the logic. Make it 1 or 3 episodes to even out the numbers why 2?:sweatingbullets: Unless they plan on airing another special episode somewhere in between.

28 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Ommmoo. What happened to Hyuk? And what happened to Ari? 

There are lots of clips by this IG owner:

Looks like Ari fell ill after eating some biscuits

The funny scene

The double dates:love:

Spoiler

The dance

Spoiler

Archived