[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

12 hours ago, prueksa said:

I might be the only one left who doesn’t feel any romantic thing going on between Sunny and WooBin on screen and off screen. I don’t feel

the level of love she had with Hyuk. Sunny and Hyuk are capable of showing their love passion toward their partners. With WooBin, I don’t know. I just don’t feel romantic even though i try to look at his eyes. They did not show much of a woman and a man love. It feels more the feeling of sympathy or empathy. 

That's the question, was it even love? The way I viewed Sunny's feelings for LH was more fan girling and "celebrity" infatuation. She fell for the celebrity emperor image, she did not really know him or his true character and once revealed she didn't want anything to do with him.

As for LH sorry but the way he has shown his love and passion has not exactly been normal,  more unhealthy. It has been creepy/obsessive and this is dating back to the previous empress. He has mistreated all of his love interests. I don't think he truly knows what love is yet..

About WB of course each to their own, but I don't think Sunny and WB are at the love stage, its more unexpected surprising feelings and attraction during this whole mess. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

Is this for the new ep? I might be crazy or have some kind of future-telling powers (lol) because I feel like I’ve seen this before. Or maybe it’s because I’ve searched so many handsome pictures of CJH in suits so idk ;)

Is this a sign that he's save from emperor anger? 

5 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

Is this for the new ep? I might be crazy or have some kind of future-telling powers (lol) because I feel like I’ve seen this before. Or maybe it’s because I’ve searched so many handsome pictures of CJH in suits so idk ;)

1 hour ago, laivla said:

Maybe Ubin thought that he needs to play safe until they know every criminals that imperial family has done. Too many things have not been cleared. Who killed late empress and grandma, what's the cookies contents, the smell in ED's garden and the island. 

In 1st epi, they found a mummy. Who was that? And so many reporters in that palace. Who was report it to journalists?

Princess Ari knew that Sunny is very rich. I wonder this girl likes Sunny because this or she trully love Sunny. 

Ubin and Sunny seems in the early stage of love. The mutual needed is their basic. And until now, they both play safe. But looking at how Ubin became panic and even dare to say " move!" to LH, he seems really into her. 

I feel sorry for LH when he knows Ubin is Wang Sik. And it will be more sad when he knows Sunny loves him. Waw...really a drama XD. 

Too many conflicts with only 8 episodes left. Lets see how the writer solve all the mess he/she created HAHA.

5 hours ago, autumna said:

About WB of course each to their own, but I don't think Sunny and WB are at the love stage, its more unexpected surprising feelings and attraction during this whole mess. 

true true!! plus i think it will be harder to openly express love considering sunny is still legally married to the emperor.. i dunno why but everytime woobin and sunny were having almost dugun-dugun moments, i always think about rihanna singing “we found love in the hopeless place”!! lol.. 

9 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

12 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

Looks like Sojin buying clothes for WB.... I wish WB will be honest with her and stop leading her on :( 

:) oh there is an article on the new pics. She probably roped him as her model:lol:

https://mnews.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?newsId=N1005099968

Extract (google trans):

The scene was shot recently in Yeongdeungpo-Gu, Seoul. The situation started before the opening of the shopping mall for smooth progress. Choi Jin-hyeok has changed his clothes many times, and he continued to shoot at the top of his head with his skillfully directed scenes. In addition, Choi Jin-hyuk showed the over-reaction in response to the actress Lee Hee-jin who was cheering hotly on the transformation of Chun Woo-bing in the drama, and made an exciting comedy with Lee Hee-jin as an improvised ad- 

SKpW9pL.jpg

Cr IG owner (more pics):

Spoiler

5 hours ago, triplem said:

I think WB has no choice but to keep up the pretense with SJ. Remember he needed to find a way to gain her trust to get more information about the imperial family. While SJ is not malicious etc, she's spoilt and part of the crazy imperial family. She is self serving as well , and if she does not get her way or finds out that she has been used...let's just say hell has no fury like a woman scorned. 

It will be interesting how long WB can keep this up...

Uh oh .. now i am worried for uri cute empress:sweatingbullets:

5O0Tmzb.jpg

Spoiler

kP8rbMj.jpg

*Clingy clingy*:wacko::blink:

Oh this scene shows she is not so dense after all ...heee:P

CzPNFZ8.jpg

*phew! She saved My Bin*:w00t:

No new episode today~ huhu

Let's throwback to Hyuk-Sunny wedding ceremony which i find to be so beautiful if not for the incident. And why is a crane needed at the wedding ceremony? You'll only encounter this in a makjang hahaha

Liking Hyuk and Sunny's outfit. So detailed and they both look regal.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

I think WB has no choice but to keep up the pretense with SJ. Remember he needed to find a way to gain her trust to get more information about the imperial family. While SJ is not malicious etc, she's spoilt and part of the crazy imperial family. She is self serving as well , and if she does not get her way or finds out that she has been used...let's just say hell has no fury like a woman scorned. 

It will be interesting how long WB can keep this up...

As long as he is not putting her in danger which he is not I am find with it for now since who can he really trust besides Sunny?

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thanks for the preview @dulcinea1

Can anyone see and tell who is the person Sunny hugged?

You're welcome.

Maybe her sister? I'm not sure, we only can see her hair :unsure:.

Edit:

Preview via youtube, with better quality. Now I think Sunny is hugging Princess Ari.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

As long as he is not putting her in danger which he is not I am find with it for now since who can he really trust besides Sunny?

Frankly, Princess SJ is hardly a person who can be 100% trusted. After all, blood is thicker than water. 

Just like @triplem said, SJ is self-centered, egoistic, air-headed, silly and easily swayed which makes her dangerous. She is not as decent as her brother prince LY and if WB keeps leading her on there is a solid possibility of Bad Guy (2010) ending.

Which I really hope will not be the case in this show. We have enough makjang as it is.

So even if WB feels himself indebted to SJ after she covered up for him,  he still should think hard about the way of letting her down as kindly as possible without hurting her pride and provoking. Even more so now after this accident, 'cause he should realize now that it's cruel.

So It's in his best interest to do so. 

34 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

Omg if he keeps this up, I won’t be able to resist the emperor any longer :sweatingbullets:

I like Hyuk a lot (SSR's charm! Hahaha). 

Ahhhh. Ep 33-34 preview. Why are you doing this to me show~ Hyuk looks so nice and sincere in this preview hahahaha

Whatever it is. Hyuk needs to be thoroughly punished for his wrong deeds first. But good job Hyuk, you seem to be sincerely apologizing for once. Keep it up. And i hope his niceness in this preview is not a red herring. Hahaha

42 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I like Hyuk a lot (SSR's charm! Hahaha). 

Ahhhh. Ep 33-34 preview. Why are you doing this to me show~ Hyuk looks so nice and sincere in this preview hahahaha

Whatever it is. Hyuk needs to be thoroughly punished for his wrong deeds first. But good job Hyuk, you seem to be sincerely apologizing for once. Keep it up. And i hope his niceness in this preview is not a red herring. Hahaha

Lol, looks like uri Woo Bin-shi is the one on the sidelines now and in dire need to be kicked into motion.

He is dangerously close to seriously lose his chance with Sunni before even trying. And I am not talking about Hyuk here. (This one lost his chance long ago and no amount of apologizing can change that). 

But WB's crazy fixation on revenge and his indifference at times like this is inexcusable. So if he doesn't start showing any sings of jealousy and otherwise emotions towards LH's attempts at wooing his wife I will give up of him for good. In this case I really would deem WB as not deserving of such a precious little gem as uri Sunni-shi. She deserves a better man who would fight for her instead of constantly using her to gain a reaction out of LH.

So this is your last chance WB, don't let it slip through your fingers.

Rough translations for preview ep 33 - 34

(forgive me for not using the proper name characters, I can't remember the name beside our leads)

Evil Mother: I can't do that. I am the Empress Dowager of this country! 

Hyuk : This is your last chance

WB: I am worried that Lee Hyuk has become to love with The Empress

Hyuk: I apologize. Please give me one more chance.

Nanny: Let me go!!

Nanny: How can you betray me like this?! 

MYR: Ma'am? (Refering to the empress dowager)

Evil Mother : It looks like it will be the end

Hyuk: No matter what happens, I will protect you

Sincerely apologizing for trying to kill her and cheating on her how can you do that?

I honesty dont get it at this point this isnt some sweet love story of a misunderstood person this dude is a monster plain and simple.To me e I dont see anything sweet here since  I already known what he has done its more creepy to me .

I mean  he is acting like he missed a birthday or anniversary when he did far far worse none of this is cute and i cant anyone else find it  quite disturbing at this point?

Also this is all just   the beginning he think he can turn on the fake charm again but she is not going to fall for it  this time.

27 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Sincerely apologizing for trying to kill her and cheating on her how can you do that?

I honesty dont get it at this point this isnt some sweet love story of a misunderstood person this dude is a monster plain and simple.To em I dont see anything sweet here since  I already known what he has done its more creep to me .

I mean  he is acting like he missed a birthday or anniversary when he did far far worse none of this is cute and i cant anyone else find it  quite disturbing at this point?

Also this is all just   the beginning he think he can turn on the fake charm again but she is not going to fall for it  this time.

For starters its a miracle that he is apologizing which he never does. I'm not saying he should be forgiven right there and then by Sunny. But at least we can see that he is trying to be nice (in the preview).

No worries, i still remember Hyuk's wrong deeds. And surely Sunny remembers them all too. 

Give him a chance to repent and make amends. And then maybe be jailed or dethroned or both. Hohoho

38 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I honesty dont get it at this point this isnt some sweet love story of a misunderstood person this dude is a monster plain and simple.To em I dont see anything sweet here since  I already known what he has done its more creep to me .

I usually don't have time to post here but I agree 100% with @dramaninja.  The emperor is a monster and as nice as he is acting lately that does not cover his murderous personality and lack of humanity, and all the horrendous things he's done so far.  Let's all keep that in mind. :-)

Archived