[Drama 2018] Room Nine, 나인룸

0ly40

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Wait, Jang Hwa Sa was sent to prison on death row for killing a man that’s very much alive? Also, could it be that Yoo Jin is the child of Jang Hwa Sa and that man that she supposedly kill but who’s very much alive? Hmmm.

Confusing and surprising, isn't it?  I may have to watch the first two episodes all over again!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, thistle said:

Confusing and surprising, isn't it?  I may have to watch the first two episodes all over again!

Confusing indeed. Yoo Jin was told he’s the illegitimate son of Gi San’s father. It seems like the man had quite a few children outside his marriage. So, while Yoo Jin thinks Gi San is his older brother, could it be that he’s actually his father? It seems like when Gi San was younger he approached and seduced Hwa Sa. It looks like he approached her with a motive but it hasn’t been revealed as yet. I know Hwa Sa was  working at his father’s company so I don’t know if the reason he approached her had to do with that. Then again, who knows what really happened. I guess we’ll have to wait for more information from the upcoming episodes because there is definitely a reason why Gi San wants Hwa Sa dead but I don’t know if it’s because she can identify him as the person she supposedly killed. After all, who was that dead body if he’s alive?

Drama is so good I like it

[Room No. 9] Ep 2 Kim Hee Sun asks Kim Hae Sook, "I'm Eulji Hae Yi, who are you?"

Article: Naver 'Room No. 9' "I'm alive" Kim Hae Sook who meets her mother, steals away Kim Hee Sun's life 

• Eulji Hae Yi (Kim Hee Sun) is now in Jang Hwa Sa's body. She attempts to escape from the prison guards but gets caught after meeting Jang Hwa Sa (Kim Hae Sook). 
  • Jang Hwa Sa promises to find a way to return her body when she is done with what she wants to do. She went to visit her mother. 
  • Jang Hwa Sa bumps into Ki San (Lee Kyoung Young) and shouts, "Chu Young Bae". He chases after her. 
  • Eulji Hae Yi is getting transported to Gongju where mentally ill patients stay. 

1. [+818,-50]
Kim Hee Sun's acting is not bad, really. It's a pity that she's underrated. 

2. [+402,-15]
I've decided to watch Room 9 on weekends. 

3. [+376,-22]
Kim Hee Sun is really pretty. 

4. [+225,-21]
Is Kim Hee Sun a doll? Thank you, Room 9~!! Makes me look forward to evenings on weekends^^ 

5. [+209,-9]
When she danced in the hotel room, it reminds me of Kim Hye Ja from the movie Mother. I thought it was a homage. 

6. [+94,-7]
Kim Hee Sun isn't lacking in acting, but because their bodies were switched, she has to look awkward. She can't be perfect. I think she did well. Acting is acting, but she is really pretty. 

7. [+50,-2]
Seriously, the directing felt like a movie. Because of Kim Hae Sook-nim's acting, I can't bring myself to change channels. She acts so well that I had goosebumps~~!!

Article: Naver 'Room No. 9' Kim Hee Sun insists, "I'm Eulji Hae Yi" Kim Hae Sook in a crisis of getting transferred to Gongju

1. [+414,-34]
I watched Kim Hee Sun and Kim Hae Sook while holding my breath. Kim Young Kwang is a little lacking, but if his screen time continues this way, I don't think it will bother me. 

2. [+284,-6]
Yoon Park turned into Lee Kyoung Young. That was amazing. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+249,-36]
The female casts are not bad, but what's with the male casts? Lee Kyoung Young, Kim Young Kwang, Yoon Park......... 

4. [+190,-13]
Seriously, the female leads have crazy acting skills.. how do Kim Hae Sook and Kim Hee Sun portray their characters so well? And even Lee Kyoung Young-ssi with his perfect acting skills. And the story doesn't seem to be like a joke anymore. And Kim Hee Sun nuna is so pretty, really. 

5. [+114,-8]
I've found a really fun drama.. The immersion is amazing. 

6. [+72,-2]
Kim Hee Sun is still constantly acting even after getting married. Kim Hae Sook and her are two of the top actresses, and they are leading the drama well with their acting skills.

[Room No. 9] Ep 3 Kim Hee Sun uses her peach allergy to change bodies back with Kim Hae Sook

[Room No. 9] Ep 3 Kim Hee Sun uses her peach allergy to change bodies back with Kim Hae Sook

Article: Naver 'Room No. 9' Because of Lee Kyoung Yong, Kim Hae Sook became a convict on death-row.. revenge begins 

1. [+172,-4]
Really fun. 

2. [+107,-4]
In the future, won't they help each other? 

3. [+71,-4]
Kim Hee Sun's acting is so good. 

4. [+43,-5]
Going to watch Room No. 9 on weekends. 

5. [+36,-3]
I got immersed. It's exciting. 

6. [+25,-1]
Eulji Hae Yi (Kim Hee Sun)'s meticulous plan today. 1. Uses the fact that she has an allergy to peaches. 2. Made use of Jang Hwa Sa (Kim Hae Sook)'s emotions. 3. Made use of Jang Hwa Sa's mother to make Jang Hwa Sa go to her. 4. Putting peaches in the bread and made Jang Hwa Sa eat it. 5. Attempts to change their bodies again. Her intelligence is the best. 

7. [+24,-3]
I'm surprised at Kim Hee Sun's beauty. Kim Hee Sun's acting surprised me too. And it's fun. And it's needless to say that Kim Hae Sook-ssi's acting is good. 

8. [+14,-0]
Kim Hee Sun and Kim Hae Sook have good acting chemistry. 

9. [+14,-0]
It's more interesting because I can't predict what's happening next. 

10. [+13,-0]
It's so interesting, but why is it so short.. Mr Sunshine begins at 9pm and ends at 10.40pm.. But this one feels like it ended in just one hour.. Is it because it's too interesting that time flew by too quickly.. 

Article: Naver 'Room No. 9' Kim Hee Sun plans to use her allergy with peaches to change her body back with Kim Hae Sook 

1. [+155,-5]
The story development is too exciting. Kim Hee Sun and Kim Hae Sook have good acting chemisty. 

2. [+91,-8]
Kim Hee Sun's acting is immersive. 

3. [+43,-5]
Kim Hee Sun is so beautiful. 

4. [+40,-2]
If she used her allergy to escape prison.. it would be daebak. 

5. [+15,-3]
Will their souls exchange again? 

6. [+6,-0]
It's so interesting.. It's not simply about exchanging souls.. It's meticulous.. And the actors have great acting skills. 

cr:melohwa

Just finished ep 3 and I can't wait for episode 4 tonight. 

So, the real CYB killed the real Ki San and took his name? Since the real Ki San is played by Kim Young Kwang as well, I think he might be Yoo Jin's real father. The real mystery is who the mother is and why CYB framed JHS for murdering him?? :blink:

And I hate the real Eulji Hae Yi (for now). She went far by even "poisoning" her body with that peach. :(

OMG! I can't wait to watch tonight episode! One of the bad guy might know their identities being switched based from the preview. But a preview can be misleading though. 

5 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Just finished ep 3 and I can't wait for episode 4 tonight. 

So, the real CYB killed the real Ki San and took his name? Since the real Ki San is played by Kim Young Kwang as well, I think he might be Yoo Jin's real father. The real mystery is who the mother is and why CYB framed JHS for murdering him?? :blink:

And I hate the real Eulji Hae Yi (for now). She went far by even "poisoning" her body with that peach. :(

OMG! I can't wait to watch tonight episode! One of the bad guy might know their identities being switched based from the preview. But a preview can be misleading though. 

I haven’t watched episode 3 yet but it was clear from Hwa Sa’s recognition of CYB who is acting as Gi San/Ki San that he took his brother’s identity. However, what I don’t understand is:

1. How did the father of both sons not recognize CYB is acting as Gi San unless they were estranged for a long time.
  2. CYB cannot fool all his acquaintances especially as a wealthy son so then did he get plastic surgery to look like his older brother?
  3. The picture of the dead person in the case clearly shows CYB. Were his dental records switched if we assumed he was killed in a way that his identity was unrecognizable?
  4. Let’s say the older brother is Yoo Jin’s father since they are played by the same actor, does this mean that the father took baby Yoo Jin in as his son to avoid a scandal? I mean, why does Yoo Jin not know that he’s the son of Gi San even though the Gi San he knows is fake? 
  5. Why does the fake Gi San dote on Yoo Jin so much? Is it because he feels guilty towards Yoo Jin?
  6. Why did fake Gi San use Hwa Sa? Why her in particular to frame?
  7. Why does Yoo Jin seem to have a connection to Hwa Sa? Why is he the medium to bring about the transference of souls? We saw he was born the night of the meteor showers and the medical machines were behaving strange. What’s his connection to her?

This show is good. I finally watched episode 3 and it finally made sense how CYB was able to pull off his feat of replacing his brother except his father is still an issue in the sense that I cannot understand how he didn’t recognize his eldest son was replaced by another son. Only unless he decided to cover up the scandal of one of his sons killing another. This might make the most sense considering all the individuals involved in the case were hushed up with money and promoted to better careers and financial standing. So then Hwa Sa was sacrificed as the culprit of the case. I guess it makes sense for her to be the one chosen by CYB since she worked in the father’s office and maybe knew where the safe was, the passcode to the safe and maybe was acquainted with the real Gi San who seem to work for the company.

I think Yoo Jin cannot be Hwa Sa’s son. If he was the baby born on December 24th at the beginning of episode 2 when the meteor showers fell, then his mother is probably not Hwa Sa. I saw a bit of the beginning of episode 4 and it shows that the death of Gi San took place after 1am on December 25th. What is somewhat puzzling is why if Yoo Jin is Gi San’s son, why wasn’t he around when he was born. He seemed perfectly normal and at ease the night of December 24th. 

I’d like to know if Hwa Sa was drugged or something. The lawyers for social justice believed she was unconscious for 19 hours. And why did she have that memory of drinking a cup of medicine with a bloody head CYB. Later she realizes that it was actually the real Gi San who was beside her in the car. It’s like her memories are somewhat faulty.

As far as the two ladies are concerned, both annoy me at times. Hae Yi is a piece a work for trying to destroy the body she’s in by eating lots of sugar in full knowledge that it’s not good for Hwa Sa’s body. However, I find Hwa Sa equally annoying for going into a court room and actually pretending to be an attorney and later trying to arrange a meeting with Gi San while pretending to be Hae Yi. She’s equally destructive to me. Even if Gi San’s son is guilty, Hwa Sa shouldn’t act like a lawyer when she really isn’t.

Now that I see fake Gi San’s son and the way he dotes on him I’m more convinced now that Yoo Jin is not his son.

I cannot exactly pinpoint for now what i want to know about the 3 main leads in this drama.. 

HY, HS or YJ

Is HY good? She seems selfish. 

HW is good since everyone in the prison actually cares for her. 

YJ is looking for his mother. But someone is trying to tell him about something else. 

The preview made it more confusing for me. Seems like there will be a teamwork bet HY & HS. Honestly, i dont like it. HY is too cunning for HS. 

One thing i am curious to find out is what will be YJ reaction & treatment to the 2 female leads once he realize/believe that body switching really did happen.  

Finished Epi 1-4. I was a bit sceptical at first on the body swapping plots but both female KIms are main reason I checked out this drama.

Kim HaSook & Kim Hee Sun are both perfect for these roles.

I would say HS & HY are related as mother & daughter. HS was pregnant and she strongly denied YJ as her son and we already got confirmation they're not related. YJ was born later and younger than Hy.

Watching this atm. and I'm.. *sigh*  I always like courtroom drama.It provides great scenes and avenues for good acting. But....my feelings still stands. I quote myself...on pg 1.

On 8/12/2018 at 12:30 AM, jongski said:

Is this supposed to be comedy?

I just now realize there is body switch to the story. the lawyer "changes body" with the convict?  I got excited  did not read the entire synopsis. I didn't realize fantasy element like body switching?  I will be honest. I don't like.  I was expecting pure melodrama ( like Money Flower or Defendant style)  as characters descriptions are yhat  of lawyer who looks down on poor people and doctor  who is two faced... a gentleman but hides his cruelty, and a death row convict case. I wanted it serious.  A body switch does not seem to suit.

Kim Hae Sook's acting though thumbs up. I'm still not sure what's YJ's relations to JHS.

For anyone watching Room No. 9 on Dramafever:

OMG! The news just broke: Dramafever is shutting down. Warner Bros is going to make its own streaming service, similar to Netflix, and may transfer all content to this new service. They haven’t posted any new episodes since Friday, Oct. 12. If there is anything at all you want to see one last time, or preserve, now is the time to go to the site since we don’t know when it will go dark. I’m a premium member and haven’t gotten any e-mail notice about them shutting down or what will happen to my yearly member fees which I renewed in Sept. No news on what will happen to their currently airing exclusive shows, The Beauty Inside, 100 Days My Prince,  Terius Behind Me, Age of Legends, Devilish Joy. 20% of the workforce is being laid off. I’m sad to see them end this way as I’ll always remember them fondly for being one of the first legal K Drama sites. I’ve watched many great dramas there.
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/dramafever-k-drama-shutting-down-warner-bros-1202982001/

Someone on another forum said they may continue to show the new episodes of their exclusives until the the dramas finish, but it's all unsure. 

I'll keep moitoring, but it may turn out that Kocowa and Viki will be the only sites with new episodes going forward. I wish Dramafever will make an announcement to subscribers soon. I can't believe we have to scour the internet for news about them since this was planned. 

UPDATE: Dramafever is gone. People will need to watch this drama on other sites. It is still available at Viki to watch there.

This baby is Yoo Jin right? Born at the night of meteor shower December 24, 1984 which was the date Jang Hwa Sa supposedly killed Chu Young Bae. 

Then why is the mother of Yoo Jin looks likes Hwa Sa? Is she a twin? If so, Hwa Sa is his aunt. Did she die giving birth or by the meteor shower like the doctor and nurse on the floor?

Is Yoo Jin son of the real Ki San?

PhotoGrid_1539595388978.jpg?w=480&h=480& 

On 10/8/2018 at 11:21 AM, thistle said:

Fishy?  In what way?  Where I come from, if you call what someone says "fishy" that means you don't believe them.  I'm sorry if my post appeared disingenuous in some way.

I meant what I said in my post.  To go over it again:  I did find the show a bit weird because I thought it was heavy handed with symbolism (like the close up of the moth which is notable for having the mythic symbolic of taking a soul). I found the characters universally unpleasant--not a likeable person in the bunch.  The acting was generally good, although no one stood out as stellar but that can be a good thing because a great actor can overshadow others; no one did that.  This is not to say that the acting was mediocre; it was just workable.  In fact, none of the show struck me as particularly noteworthy--so much so that, in re-reading my own comment, I'm having difficulty recalling what I saw as so revelatory (although I know it happened in the last couple of minutes of the show).

Overall, I did find the show sufficiently interesting to follow it for awhile.  It was entertaining; that's what drama is supposed to be.  I'll give it a few weeks to see if it remains on my overly-full watchlist.

I tend not to follow shows just for a certain actor (although there are surely some actors that I like better than others) because that just means I've liked him so much in one role that I'll often be disappointed that another role isn't more of the same.  It's better to see each show as an individual entity, and that means attempting to ignore what an actor has done previously so that I can enjoy the role he is playing now.

Hi thistle, I apologize for having made you misunderstood about the meaning of my response and my late reply. That's why I have a pinkish post-it-note right in front of my working desk that says never respond in hurry. I meant it sounded doubtful to me because just as I had told previously that I was really on the fence, whether or not I decided to hit the button to watch. I appreciate your thorough explanation and comments about the drama.

For the last part, yeah I know, in work, I'm pretty fair and rigorous, but in drama-land, I'm quite easy to skew if I have not good impression about the actor or actress in the first place, and vice versa. However, according to what you commented, I'd prefer to give it shot since I believe the two actresses will knock off the show. Yay, enjoy watching.

Wow this is fun drama.

My take on this drama:

CYB purposely get close to HS for safe deposit box's password.

But the night he stole, Ki San saw him. Out of plan, CYB accidentally killed him.

And then, since he didn't want go to jail, he makes story of somehow HS and KS were a lover and something's when wrong and HS wanted to kill KS instead.

CYB fooled HS by make an impression that he did something terrible and wanted to suicide for it, (he did something terrible but never thought of doing suicide, instead how to get away with it).

knowing HS loved him so much at that time and would follow him to dead. That was why he put the sleeping medicine in the car for HS to see, and pretend to drink it(either he didn't drink it or the one he drink didn't have medicine in it).

He sat there with HS, pretend he is in his way to dead with her.

After HS lost consciousness, he drag KS and put him on his seat. (That's why HS remember to did suicide with him, but when he awake during that time he remember his bos son is there instead CYB).

In the morning, their father found out his legitimate son is murdered, since he needed heir and didn't want to had bad rumour that can ruin his company stability, he changed his legitimate son identity with his other son, CYB.

For this, he gave everyone involved each a throne for them to keep their secret. And after he passed away, CYB kept them close to them to keep his secret, and to keep HS in jail, because out of his plan, HS is alive instead of dead.

Now what confusing me is,

Who is yoo jin?

At first, i thought he is HS's son and CYB. but then HS herself said impossible YJ was her son and DNA test came out negative.

Which lead me to think that, maybe HS's child is a girl that's why she completely sure YJ is not her child.

But then again who is YJ?

We saw a flashed back that KS and CYB's father himself brought him as a baby and said to CYB, That YJ will be the heir of his empire, though he passed away when YJ was a child and CYB take the empire and raised YJ as a doctor, like YJ said he raised YJ to be in the farthest position of heir. he is smart enough to read that the empire is his and his so called brother snatched it from him.

@ladyme - - i am also curious as to who is YJ.. Those dreams he is getting are mysterious.

The epilogue shows CYB expertise on framing up HS! When will HS learn/notice it.. 

As for the preview, does it mean KJ will find out the switching of the soul and he will accept it? I still dont like HY though 

Archived