[Drama 2018-2019] Less than Evil/ Bad Detective 나쁜 형사

larus

MBC 2018 DRAMA

BAD DETECTIVE 나쁜 형사/

LESS THAN EVIL

Less-Than-Evil-1.jpg

Drama: Bad Detective ( BBC Luther remake) / Less than Evil (English title)

Hangul: 나쁜 형사

Genre: Crime, Mystery

Network: MBC

Episodes: 32

Director: Kim Dae-Jin (Golden Pouch, Hotel King)

Writer: Heo Joon-Woo, Kang Yi-Hun

Release Date:December 3, 2018 - January 29, 2019

Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 22:00 (35 minutes each / 2 episodes per day)  time slot previously occupied by "Bad Papa"

Production Company:

OST: part 1 Son Seung Yeon & BLACK NINE - Shadow

part 2 JK 김동욱 - Tattoo

part 3 Surf Green (Feat. 동하) -Return

part 4 Kim Bo Kyung- It's Not Discarded

part 5 Surf Green - Bad Guy

Official site:http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/LessthanEvil/index.html

Viki page  https://www.viki.com/tv/36238c-bad-cop

Plot

“Luther” is a crime drama about the psychological games between a detective with a strong sense of justice but tormented by the crimes he solves, and a sociopath genius woman who is insensitive to her own death.

Woo Tae-Seok (Shin Ha-Kyun) is a lonely veteran detective. He focuses solely on solving cases. He teeters on a line between good and evil. Woo Tae-Seok crosses paths with a female psychopath, but he is unable to arrest her due to a lack of evidence. The woman eventually helps Woo Tae-Seok solve other cases. (Asianwiki)

Notes

It is a remake after BBC drama Luther (2010- 2018). The British  crime drama series starring Idris Elba as a near-genius murder detective whose brilliant mind can't always save him from the dangerous violence of his passions.

Cast

Shin Ha-Kyun- Woo Tae-seok

Lee Seol - Eun Sun-Jae

Park Ho-San - Jeon Choon-Man

Baro ( Cha Sun-Woo )- Hwang Dong-Yoon

Kim Gun-Woo - Jang Hyung-Min

Hong Eun-Hee - Kim Hae-Joon

Ryu Tae-Ho - Choi Jung-Woo

Bae Da-Bin - Shin Ka-young

Yoon Hee-Seok - Jo Doo-Jin

Bae Yoo-Ram - Ban Ji-Deuk
Bae Yoon-Kyoung - Woo Tae-Hee

Yang Jae-Young - Lee Moon-Ki

Kim Na-Yoon - Team Leader Sung

Cho Yi-Hyun - Bae Yeo-Wool

Sung Hyuk-

Character descriptions

Woo Tae Seok (Shin Ha- Kyun) is a tough and unscrupulous detective, an experienced and lonely investigator in the world of violent crimes, dangerously closing in on the border of good and evil. 

Hwang Dong Yoon (Baro) is an upstanding young detective who graduated from police academy at the top of his class and does everything strictly by the book. Hwang Dong Yoon also idolizes Woo Tae Seok, who is known to be the top detective in the force when it comes to catching criminals.

Jun Choon Man ( Park Ho San) is a detective who has a bad history with Woo Tae Seok and does everything in his power to hinder him.

Posters

Shin-Ha-Kyun-1.jpg

Spoiler

Shin-Ha-Kyun-2.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Teaser 1        Teaser 2

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MBC decided to make a new remake of the Korean BBC drama 'Luther' in Korean remake, and started production in earnest.

2018080214364997222_1533188209.jpg

Shin Ha-kyun was a seasoned criminal and a lonely detective, "Woo Tae-seok," standing at the border of good and evil.

MBC production team said, "Luther is a remake drama to be produced by MBC in its own way. It will be a more attractive work by dissolving Korean sentiment in the depiction of the original investigation.

http://stoo.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2018080214182569083

I love Shin ha Kyun and I loved the BBC drama Luther and I am curious how this drama will be like. I love Idris Elba from the original series and he made this role his own. After Life on Mars`s success (it was a very good remake) I hope for another good remake. Let see who will be the writer. I expect this version to bring the Korean depiction of the original investigation but "breathe on its own" kind of drama. I like Ruth Wilson who played Alice Morgan but I was a little disappointed that they did not develop her character better. It had potential for an interesting duo but it felt underwelmed because of that. I hope the Korean version will do it better or not do it at all. :sweatingbullets: Kidding... Well, I am excited the most for the female character. Not many crime dramas have a woman as villain. If the Korean version will make Alice Morgan the other lead of the drama and explore her character more, I am pleased. A genious sociopath woman ? Bring it on. Who they cast?

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Luther 루터 - Shin Ha Kyun - Premiers in second half of 2018

MBC Confirmed To Remake BBC Crime Drama “Luther”

Luther.jpg

MBC will be producing a remake of British drama “Luther”!

A source from MBC confirmed on February 5, “We are going to remake the British drama, BBC’s ‘Luther.’ We are in the middle of reviewing the production schedule.”

“Luther” is a crime drama about the psychological games between a detective with a strong sense of justice but tormented by the crimes he solves, and a genius woman who is insensitive to her own death. “Luther” is currently broadcast through BBC, and is receiving great popularity.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/05/mbc-confirmed-remake-bbc-crime-drama-luther/

Korean Drama Actor Shin Ha Kyun to Star in Upcoming Series Luther?

Recently, an offer is out to Korean drama actor Shin Ha Kyun to star in the upcoming Korean drama Luther. Whether or not he is going to accept will be people’s guess.

The 44-year-old actor has been in many films and a number of small screen shows. This is after his theatrical days in the 1990s until early 2000s.

His first ever film was in 1998, titled The Happenings. His latest projects were The Villainess, Room No. 7 and What A Man Wants. His upcoming movie is My Exceptional Brother.

Meanwhile, the new MBC drama is a crime series. It is a remake of the British series of the same title. It is about a detective who suffers because of the crimes he solves.

Clearly, drama remakes just keep on coming. It will be interesting what will be the Korean’s take on this.

Korean drama actor Shin Ha Kyun seems to be a solid choice to star in this Korean remake. Viewers will surely wait how it plays out, as well as other K-stars who are going to join him, in case he accepted the role.

Upcoming Korean drama Luther is looking to air in late 2018 on MBC network.

https://scribbleandscroll.com/korean-drama-actor-shin-ha-kyun-to-star-in-upcoming-series-luther/

K-Drama Version of Idris Elba‘s ‘Luther’ to Air This Year in South Korea Along With Two Other BBC Shows

bbc-s-luther-will-have-a-k-drama-vibe-wh

BC's Luther will have a K-drama vibe when a South Korean broadcasting company airs the local version of the drama this year. Although there is no exact release date yet, Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation said it will premiere in October 2018.

Luther has been aired in hundreds of countries and territories but South Korea will not just settle with Idris Elba's version. They want to have their own K-drama adaptation. South Korea is following the steps of the U.S. and Russia that both have a local adaptation of Luther. In Russia, it was titled as Klim. It aired in 2016 and has also won multiple awards in the country.

K-Drama Luther Stars

The original BBC version of Luther starred Idris Elba as Detective Chief Inspector John Luther, who uses unorthodox approaches in solving cases. BBC and MBC have yet to announced who will play the Korean counterpart of John Luther. BBC Worldwide EVP for Asia David Weiland, however, earlier said the local version will be starred by some A-lister Korean actors.

Meanwhile, filming for Luther Season 5 has started in the UK. It is expected to premiere later this year. Elba will be reprising his role as John Luther and Ruth Wilson as Alice Morgan.

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/44102/20180306/k-drama-version-of-idris-elba-s-luther-to-air-this-year-in-south-korea-along-with-two-other-bbc-shows.htm

Baro reportedly confirmed for his first drama since leaving WM Entertainment

By beansss   2 hours ago   1,126   361   1

B1A4-Baro.jpg

According to reports on August 2, B1A4's Baro has confirmed his first drama production since leaving his former label. 

The actor has reportedly been cast in a new MBC Mon-Tues drama 'Luther' (working title). It is a remake of a popular BBC series of the same name, detailing the chase between a genius female psychopath, and a passionate detective with a heart for justice. Veteran actor Shin Ha Kyun was first confirmed as the male lead of MBC's 'Luther', and it seems that Baro will be playing a fellow detective on Shin Ha Kyun's team. 

Meanwhile, Baro also recently signed on with HODU&U Entertainment, which is also home to Shin Ha Kyun. MBC's remake of 'Luther' is set to premiere some time this October. 
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/08/baro-reportedly-confirmed-for-his-first-drama-since-leaving-wm-entertainment

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Luther 루터 - Shin Ha Kyun, Baro - Premiers in second half of 2018

Actor Shin Ha Kyun Confirmed For Lead Role In Korean Remake Of BBC’s “Luther”

Shin-Ha-Kyun.jpg

The lead actor for the Korean remake of BBC’s “Luther” has been revealed!

On August 2, MBC confirmed that actor Shin Ha Kyun will play Woo Tae Seok, an experienced and lonely investigator in the field of violent crimes, dangerously closing in on the border of good and evil. This is the role of John Luther that Idris Elba plays in the original work. The Korean remake of “Luther” will be Shin Ha Kyun’s return to the small screen in two years after his work in “Pied Piper.”

The original British show explores the relationship between a passionate detective with a strong sense of justice and a psychopath-genius woman who is insensitive to her own death. It premiered in 2010 and has produced up to four seasons.

An MBC production staff stated, “With MBC’s self-produced remake of ‘Luther,’ the show will be a charismatic project that reflects Korean sentiments to the original work’s detailed descriptions of psychological investigations. We hope that Shin Ha Kyun’s character, Woo Tae Seok, in particular will attract the viewers’ attention with a type of humane charm different from that of John Luther.”

“Luther” plans to premiere this winter.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/08/02/actor-shin-ha-kyun-confirmed-lead-role-korean-remake-bbcs-luther/

Some sources said that this drama will premier in October, other in winter. Let see more information.

Also, it seams that Baro is  under consideration for the appearance of MBC drama 'Luther'." I think he will sign for this drama. 

1533178084_1380558.jpg

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15331780841380558002

August 2 2018

Shin Ha-Kyun cast in MBC drama series “Luther”

Luther_Korean_Drama-a00.jpg

Shin Ha-Kyun is cast in new MBC drama series “Luther.” The drama series is a remake of BBC TV series “Luther.” Shin Ha-Kyun will play lead male character Woo Tae-Seok. His character works as a detective whose only focus in life is solving his cases. Baro from idol group ‘B1A4’ has been offered a supporting character role and he is considering the offer. No word yet on who will play the lead female “psychopath” character.

“Luther” will first air October, 2018 in South Korea (takes over MBC’s Monday and Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Bad Papa“).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/shin-ha-kyun-cast-in-mbc-drama-series-luther

"No word yet on who will play the lead female psychopath character." I can`t wait to hear who she will be. I hope I won`t be disappointed. :sweatingbullets:  John Luther had various partners, Justin Ripley (played by Warren Brown) being my favorite. And I can`t wait to see the new female partner in 5th season. Who will play his partner in the remake?

Spoiler

gallery-1516631556-luther-and-alice-1.jp

John Luther and Alice Morgan have an unlikely connection. 

Season 5 of BBC Luther (4 new episodes) will air late 2018 but the exact date was not confirmed. I can`t wait to watch the new series and the Korean version.

1 hour ago, dotonly said:

Is there any forensics doctors involved in the series?

No, no forensic doctor in the original series. It`s all about John Luther. :D This remake needed a good actor for the titular role. I recommend the BBC series to people who love the crime shows. It`s good.

I want to see the whole cast. Fingers crossed for a good writer who would take parts from the original series but make it feel organic in a new one.

2 hours ago, dotonly said:

Hope it will be as interesting as LoM. Or even better.

I'll just wait for now. Thank you.

You`re welcome.

We`re all hope that it will be as succesful as Life on Mars. Series Luther is darker but as interesting as LoM. We`ll wait to see how the Korean remake it will be.

B1A4’s Baro In Talks For Role In “Luther” Remake

Baro-XPN.jpg
B1A4’s Baro may be appearing in the upcoming MBC remake of BBC drama “Luther.”

On August 2, a source from Baro’s agency HODU&U Entertainment stated, “Cha Sun Woo [Baro’s real name] is in talks to appear in ‘Luther.'”

If Baro does take a role in the show, it will be his first drama since he departed from WM Entertainment in June and signed with HODU&U. The agency specializes in actors and also houses talent such as Song Kang HoKim Hye Soo, and Lee Sun Gyun.

Baro’s acting credits include roles in “Manhole,” “Angry Mom,” “Reply 1994,” and more.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/08/02/b1a4s-baro-talks-role-luther-remake/

@larus I knew it. Thanks for this thread. Shin Ha Kyun drama. Let me dance for joy. I've been waiting for him to do another drama.  And the fact that is crime mental psychological drama thriller. My fav genre. I'll be here.  I'm not familiar with the British original. (I hardly watch any western programs anymore +busy real life). But I'm going to check so I have an idea.  

I like Baro. He was darn good in that  Master of Revenge drama ( as the younger lead. you guys check it, you'll see).

11 hours ago, jongski said:

@larus I knew it. Thanks for this thread. Shin Ha Kyun drama. Let me dance for joy. I've been waiting for him to do another drama.  And the fact that is crime mental psychological drama thriller. My fav genre. I'll be here.  I'm not familiar with the British original. (I hardly watch any western programs anymore +busy real life). But I'm going to check so I have an idea.  

Yes, I`m present here. One week later and I would have been away. :D

You should watch the BBC version. You definitely won`t regret it. Idris Elba, the protagonist, is great as John Luther. It is a good crime show. There are 4 seasons available and one on the way but British series are short. The first one is longest, with 6 episodes. The others have 4 or 2 episodes.

I am very pleased that they chose Shin Ha Kyun too. :P

11 hours ago, jongski said:

I like Baro. He was darn good in that  Master of Revenge drama ( as the younger lead. you guys check it, you'll see).

I watched him in Angry Mom (from what I remember he fitted the role there)  and I will wait to see if he will match the crime series because I don`t know what role he will play. He looks so young. I always liked the western crime/ action shows that use seasoned actors in the lead roles. It is more believable than seeing rookie cops or baby faces as heroes. I don`t remember in the original series a rookie cop but I will accept the changes the Koreans will do, but please, Drama God, the female role to be someone who will match Shin Ha Kyun.

I usually trust the casting. They know better which actor is fitting the character the best. I worry more about the writing. 

SHK is an interesting choice. Not quite what I was expecting. But he's a good actor and will bring his own thing to the table. Casting the lead for Luther was never going to be hard. There are several male actors that could quite easily take on this role.

I think the harder task will be casting Alice. I'm far more curious about who they'll pick. Park Se Young comes to mind.

I really wish this was being broadcast on OCN or tvN.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I think the harder task will be casting Alice. I'm far more curious about who they'll pick. Park Se Young comes to mind.

I am curious too. I don`t have any idea who they will cast. Park Se young could be a good Alice but let see who it will be after all. Maybe they will find a better choice.

They will cast Woo Tae Seok`s wife/ ex wife and her new partner? If the protagonist has another name, I wonder why they kept the title for the drama "Luther".  There will be a conection with the name in the remake?

9 hours ago, larus said:

I am curious too. I don`t have any idea who they will cast. Park Se young could be a good Alice but let see who it will be after all. Maybe they will find a better choice.

They will cast Woo Tae Seok`s wife/ ex wife and her new partner? If the protagonist has another name, I wonder why they kept the title for the drama "Luther".  There will be a conection with the name in the remake?

For me Zoe and Mark's arc was probably the least interesting aspect of the show. I dunno... I didn't enjoy the soap opera vibe that came out of that. That said, I liked how Luther and Mark's relationship developed later on. 

But a good Alice is the key.

This show goes to some really dark places and I'm just not sure if MBC is the place to do this.

I suppose they're keeping the name for marketing purposes.

20 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

SHK is an interesting choice. Not quite what I was expecting. But he's a good actor and will bring his own thing to the table. Casting the lead for Luther was never going to be hard. There are several male actors that could quite easily take on this role.

I really wish this was being broadcast on OCN or tvN.

I'm happy you gonna watch this @40somethingahjumma  right? And now that you mentioned it .. yeah. OCN be a good network. But MBC was good with Money Flower.   Plus this is after  a Jang Hyuk drama  ( w/c I'm excitedly anticipating). I'm lost with the conversations about characters  cos  I don't know the  British drama but I'll watch.

Tagging people I'm familiar and liking dramas like this one. Lets watch for this :)

@bebebisous33@evie7@alekaonu@sava2sava@Mau_Cherry@UnniSarah @bedifferent@enigmatic_zephy

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But a good Alice is the key.

This show goes to some really dark places and I'm just not sure if MBC is the place to do this. 

I have a feeling that the Korean remake will take the first season as a base so we`ll have Zoe and Mark arc too. 

I agree that they have to find a good Alice that fits with Shin Ha Kyung. Their chemistry on screen will be important  for the succes of the show.

I wish the show will keep the dark vibe and the intensity of the protagonist. It seems that they will keep him on the border of good and evil. What I don`t like about the western shows, is the season format. I want this drama to have a beggining and an end, interesting cases united by a coherent story in the background. And my personal wish, that they will develop Alice a little more in the remake.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

I'm happy you gonna watch this @40somethingahjumma  right? And now that you mentioned it .. yeah. OCN be a good network. But MBC was good with Money Flower.   Plus this is after  a Jang Hyuk drama  ( w/c I'm excitedly anticipating). I'm lost with the conversations about characters  cos  I don't know the  British drama but I'll watch.

@evie7@alekaonu@sava2sava@Mau_Cherry@UnniSarah @bedifferent@enigmatic_zephy

I'm not sure yet. ;) I don't know how Luther will translate into a K drama to be frank. Life on Mars has been such a fantastic adaptation that I'm not sure how others will compare. I am curious but I'll check in closer to the time to see what the response is. Shin Ha Kyun is a good actor and he was good in Pied Piper as well as Brain so I have no issues with his casting in the lead role. It's the writing that makes LoM really good so the same thing applies here.

This series can be found on Netflix last time I looked.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I have a feeling that the Korean remake will take the first season as a base so we`ll have Zoe and Mark arc too. 

I agree that they have to find a good Alice that fits with Shin Ha Kyung. Their chemistry on screen will be important  for the succes of the show.

I wish the show will keep the dark vibe and the intensity of the protagonist. It seems that they will keep him on the border of good and evil. What I don`t like about the western shows, is the season format. I want this drama to have a beggining and an end, interesting cases united by a coherent story in the background. And my personal wish, that they will develop Alice a little more in the remake.

Luther is a complete series so there's plenty of material to dip into. There are plenty of good British crime shows that are great and very distinctly British. I don't think Luther is particularly British in that it will be hard to adapt in another context. He's a brilliant profiler with a crappy personal life and that kind of character has been done on OCN previously. What hasn't been done is an Alice. ;) A sociopathic stalking admirer that's quite brilliant in her own twisted right. The dynamic between the two will set this show apart from your run-of-the-mill bleak psychological thriller. 

MBC’s Luther adaptation adds Shin Ha-kyun, in talks with Cha Sun-woo

by tipsymocha

shinhakyun-baro-luther.jpg

Hmm, I have a feeling this could either go very well or very badly. MBC has announced they will be adapting the BBC drama Luther to premiere later this year, and has cast Shin Ha-kyun (What a Man Wants) in the leading role. Also potentially joining the project is Cha Sun-woo (Manhole), formerly known as Baro, who is now promoting under his birth name since his departure from idol group B1A4.

I caught the first season of the BBC Luther, and it is surprisingly difficult to describe: At a basic level, the show is about the titular detective whose main nemesis in the show is a genius psychopathic murderess. It’s semi-procedural, but the show’s main focus is really on the detective’s wavering morality and his anti-hero qualities. He’s definitely a lone wolf character who prefers it that way, and his interactions with the aforementioned genius psychopath made for almost uncomfortable viewing since she becomes infatuated with him. I actually found Luther in the original rather unlikeable, notwithstanding my love for Idris Elba, so it’ll be interesting to see how much of that will bleed over into the Korean adaptation.

more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/mbcs-luther-adaptation-adds-shin-ha-kyun-in-talks-with-cha-sun-woo/

Archived