[Drama 2018-2019] Less than Evil/ Bad Detective 나쁜 형사

larus

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Bad Detective' is releasing four character concept arts and raising expectations for the main drama series.

132805_103133_1953.jpg

Spoiler

The concept art is usually not easy to prepare unless thorough preparation is required and time is not invested. Therefore, it is no exaggeration to say that the character concept art of this "Bad criminal" is a glimpse of the passion and effort of the production crew and the well-made production system.

http://www.veritas-a.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=132805

2018110609132260039-540x381.jpg

Spoiler

http://news.hankyung.com/article/2018110642504

The story behind the suit in Shin Ha-kyun’s Bad Detective

by tineybeanie

shkyun2.jpg

Can this man get any hotter? If anyone can come close to the powerful charisma and raw magnetism of Idris Elba, it would be Shin Ha-kyun (Pied Piper). The latest stills and poster of Bad Detective, the Korean adaptation of the BBC series Luther, have been released, and I’m drooling.

Bad Detective is a thriller-mystery series following the story of the unlikely cooperation between a detective who is more tenacious than a serial killer and a psychopath who is more dangerous than a serial killer. Think Silence of the Lambs, except with a little less cannibalism. Shin Ha-kyun plays the titular bad detective who has anger management issues and trouble controlling his violent urges when it comes to criminals.

In his character teaser, Shin Ha-kyun meets with a psychologist who tries to help him find ways to control his anger. After rejecting several options, they land upon him wearing a suit as a technique. The theory behind it is that by wearing something that requires a gentlemanly formality, he’ll be better able to restrain his inner violent emotions. I’m guessing it won’t work too well, but eh, I’m onboard with any excuse to see hot men in suits.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/the-story-behind-the-suit-in-shin-ha-kyuns-bad-detective/

[BREAKING NEWS]

IHQ, making 10 dramas in 2019 ... "more comprehensive entertainment"

Comprehensive entertainment company IHQ (1,840 won, 85% 4.8%) will make 10 dramas, the largest since its establishment, in 2019. Netflix and other domestic and foreign video platform demand, and plans to resume drama export to China.

IHQ officials said, "We will show more than 10 dramas that have secured intellectual property rights (IP) in 2019 starting with the drama 'Bad Detective', 'Fate and Fury' in the 4th quarter. We are discussing the production and distribution. "

IHQ is the production company behind 'Deep Rooted Tree' and 'While You Were Sleeping'.

November 14 2018

Teaser trailer for MBC drama series “Less than Evil”

Less-Than-Evil.jpg

Teaser trailer added for upcoming MBC drama series “Less than Evil” (English title) starring Shin Ha-Kyun and Lee Seol. The drama series is a remake of U.K. television series “Luther.” Somewhat unusual for a drama series that will air on one of Korea’s three major broadcast networks, ep.1-2 of MBC drama series “Less than Evil” has received an R rating which means those under 19 years old should not watch the episode.

“Less than Evil” first airs December 3, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-for-mbc-drama-series-less-than-evil

“Less Than Evil” Releases Striking Teaser Posters Of Shin Ha Kyun

by K. Lew
fdc69eaa93dd406b9938910210fee6b0.jpeg?s=

Less than Evil” has released intense teaser posters for Shin Ha Kyun.

The drama is the Korean remake of BBC’s popular crime drama “Luther,” and will follow the tension-filled joint investigation between detective Woo Tae Suk (played by Shin Ha Kyun) who is fiercer than a serial killer and a psychopath more dangerous than a serial killer.

In the first poster, Shin Ha Kyun stands in the middle of nowhere on a pitch-black, dark night. His hands, shirt, and face are smeared with blood, hinting that he’s just witnessed something truly horrible. His rage-filled gaze show that he’s ready to punish whoever committed the crime. The only color in the poster comes from a purple nail, on the hand of a steering wheel.

Shin-Ha-Kyun-1.jpg

The second poster has an almost opposite mood from the first, with black and red tones. Shin Ha Kyun’s back is turned and he winds back a fist, ready to punch someone. The caption reads, “Justice is defined.”

Shin-Ha-Kyun-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1263569wpp/less-evil-releases-striking-teaser-posters-shin-ha-kyun

PD Compares “Less Than Evil” To Original BBC Drama “Luther” And Talks About 19+ Rating For First Episode

by K. Lew

fa328eff94f646688ebd9a273438fa17.jpeg?s=

Producing director (PD) Kim Dae Jin talked about how the Korean remake “Less than Evil” is different from the original BBC drama “Luther,” why the first episode received a 19+ rating, and what it’s like working with Shin Ha Kyun.

“Less than Evil” is the Korean remake of popular BBC drama “Luther,” and follows the collaboration between a detective who is fiercer than a serial killer and a psychopath who is more dangerous than a serial killer.

Kim Dae Jin shared, “Rather than comparing it to the original drama, I want people to watch the current ‘Less than Evil.’ Though the roots began with ‘Luther,’ the staff and actors are making ‘Less than Evil’ so that its branches will reach out and deliver different fruit to viewers.”

On why he chose to remake “Luther,” the PD answered, “The character and story are charming. In the original, the main character Luther isn’t a simple hero but one that thinks about real problems and one that you sometimes feel sad for. Alice is the psychopath female main character. The two meet and the story of their exchanges was really fun.”

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1265461wpp/pd-compares-less-evil-original-bbc-drama-luther-talks-19-rating-first-episode

November 19 2018

Teaser trailer #2 for MBC drama series “Less than Evil”

Less_than_Evil-teaser222.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 for MBC drama series “Less than Evil” starring Shin Ha-Kyun and Lee Seol. Teaser trailer #2 has the title of “Bad Detective Shin Ha-Kyun meets dizzying psychopath Lee Seol.” The drama series is a remake of UK television series “Luther.”

“Less than Evil” first airs December 3, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-mbc-drama-series-less-than-evil

I am excited for this drama. It is good that they have been inspired by BBC Luther but they made changes to addapt to Korean realities. It will be different but I like that. I feel it is going to be a good show/ remake.

51 minutes ago, jongski said:

Thanks larus for updates. Me getting all excited too. I'm waiting. All these dramatic poster and teaser. My kind of  kdrama!  But 19+rating? Is it really that mature? 

It is only for first episode. It will be very intense just like the production people told us but nothing to worry about. I guess this genre is not for kids. :)

“Less Than Evil” Reveals Action-Packed Official Poster

by K. Lew

71add2d168d94452a2f4b831848cc8fb.jpeg?s=

The official group poster for “Less than Evil” is chock full of hints at what’s to come.

The drama is about the collaboration between a detective who is fiercer than a serial killer and a psychopath who is more dangerous than a serious killer. It is a remake of the popular BBC drama “Luther.”

The poster is a black-and-white collage of cast members as well as images of the cases to come. Lee Seol as the genius psychopath in particular draws eyes as her stylish coat and the titles of the drama are the only splashes of color, a shade of vivid red. Shin Ha Kyun is another a focal point in the poster, as his determined face conveys the strong nature of his character, a detective who walks a thin line on the boundaries of the law. Also featured in the poster include Park Ho San, who plays the role of Shin Ha Kyun’s opponent, Kim Gun Woo, who plays an evil serial killer, as well as Yang Gi Won and B1A4’s Baro as detectives on Shin Ha Kyun’s side.

Park Ho San, who plays the role of Shin Ha Kyun’s opponent, and Kim Geon Woo, who plays an evil serial killer, also feature in the poster.

The images of future cases include a man dangling off a metal bridge, another man vaulting off with an impressing sidekick, a shady boat near a harbor, and a car with a smashed front.

Less-Than-Evil-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1266693wpp/less-evil-reveals-action-packed-official-poster

Liking that vibe of the poster. It's got that Hollywood movie "Sin City" poster vibe . Just google it you'll see.  I love action crime thriller.

Good to see SHK back but I'm interested with the lead actress.  I wanna see Lee Seol too. For new batch of actress, I'm impress with Lee Yoo Young (Tunnel, Dear Judge). I want to be impressed by LS too.

“Less Than Evil” Cast Shares How Their Remake Differs From Original BBC Drama “Luther”

by C. Hong

967be626fcc54cb0bdd9bfc1f3077668.jpeg?s=

On November 29, MBC TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Less Than Evil” held a press conference with the cast.

The drama is a remake of the BBC production “Luther,” which starred Idris Elba. “Less Than Evil” has garnered attention not only for the remake but because it is Shin Ha Kyun’s first small-screen comeback in two years.

At the press conference, Shin Ha Kyun said, “There is a lot of fun to be had with the genre. Rather than the incidents themselves, the cases focus on the emotions of the characters. I became curious as to how the characters would evolve.”

Shin Ha Kyun plays Woo Tae Seok, a ruthless detective who sticks at nothing to catch the criminal. “He’s tough and reckless, but he also has a sensitive and fragile side. He leads a painful life because he’s caged in by a moral dilemma he faced in the past.”

When asked about the differences between the original drama and the remake, he said, “The stories are different from the ones on ‘Luther.’ The episodes are similar, but the way that the stories unfold or the emotions the characters feel are different. You will be able to experience it like new.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1271189wpp/cast-less-evil-cast-explains-remake-differs-original-bbc-drama-luther

Press conference pictures

news_1543469628_755120_m_1.jpg

Spoiler

20181129142102_1276580_664_487.jpg

1S7DLSID9F_1.jpg

newscj_%EC%B2%9C%EC%A7%80%EC%9D%BC%EB%B3

20181129173313582529_0_777_1035.jpg

20181129141401_1276572_664_905.jpg

1S7DLMM7C4_1.jpg

Archived