[Drama 2018-2019] Less than Evil/ Bad Detective 나쁜 형사

larus

I was just thinking of that actress from Moon Lovers... the one who played the princess, the half sister of Wang So that he ended up marrying. She was really good in that role and probably the right age to play Alice Morgan. I think she could pull it off.

Oh yes, Kang Ha Na. Yes, she was Kang Ha Neul's same-mother "sister".

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2018 at 3:58 AM, jongski said:

I'm lost with the conversations about characters  cos  I don't know the  British drama but I'll watch.

Me too but it's one I had on my list for years to watch but always have a K or J drama to watch:P It seems to me OCN would have been a better network for it but Money Flower is still the best drama in my book since it came out.  I just hope MBC cast's veteran actors in it. 

August 10, 2018

Korean adaptation of ‘Luther’ to go on small screen in winter

MBC will present a remake of the BBC drama “Luther” this winter. For the Korean adaptation of the drama, actor Shin Ha-kyun will play the main lead character. 

David Belshaw, an international scripted producer at BBC Studios, recently visited Korea and met with the production team. 

“‘Luther’ is a great drama with a tight plot and interesting characters,” Belshaw said, showing his anticipation for the Korean remake. “Korean viewers will experience an interesting, surprising and different drama that they haven’t watched before. They will love ‘Luther.’” 

David Belshaw (left) and Shin Ha-kyun (MBC)

Shin, who will play the dedicated detective, also displayed his confidence. 

“There are fans in Korea that love ‘Luther.’ I should not let them down. I would like to show them the charm and the power of the original work,” Shin said. 

By Im Eun-byel (silverstar@heraldcorp.com

Shin Ha Kyun with David Belshaw, an international scripted producer at BBC studios.

201808081445770589_5b6a87e1d925d.jpg

Actor Park Ho-san will appear on MBC's new drama 'Luther.' He will play Chun Chun Man, a prosecutor. Actors Shin Ha-gyun and Park Ho-san who joined Luther earlier will form a confrontational relationship in the play and will create tension in the drama.

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=6444198

B1A4’s Baro Confirmed For Role In MBC’s Remake Of Hit British Drama “Luther”

by eclipse01

a0776212357e4c71a7b226e28413ab6b.jpeg?s=

B1A4’s Baro will be appearing in the new MBC drama “Bad Detective” (working title)!

On August 20, the producers of “Bad Detective” confirmed that Baro would be joining actors Shin Ha Kyun and Park Ho San in the upcoming remake of the hit BBC series “Luther.” They stated, “Cha Sun Woo [Baro’s given name] and Park Ho San have been confirmed for the cast of ‘Bad Detective.'”

“Bad Detective” will star Shin Ha Kyun as the tough and unscrupulous detective Woo Tae Seok, a character based on Idris Elba’s John Luther from the original British series. Baro will play the role of Hwang Dong Yoon, an upstanding young detective who graduated from police academy at the top of his class and does everything strictly by the book. Hwang Dong Yoon also idolizes Woo Tae Seok, who is known to be the top detective in the force when it comes to catching criminals.

Meanwhile, Park Ho San will play the role of Jun Choon Man, a detective who has a bad history with Woo Tae Seok and does everything in his power to hinder him.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1217569wpp/b1a4s-baro-confirmed-role-mbcs-remake-hit-british-drama-luther

August 20 2018

Park Ho-San & Baro cast in supporting roles for MBC drama series “Bad Detective”

Bad_Detective-SC1.jpg

Park Ho-San & Baro are cast in supporting roles for MBC drama series “Bad Detective” (literal title) starring Shin Ha-Kyun. The drama series is a remake of British TV series “Luther” starring Idris Elba. For “Bad Detective,” Park Ho-San will play Jeon Choon-Man. He is the chief of a regional investigation unit and is in a confrontation with main character Woo Tae-Seok (Shin Ha-Kyun ). Baro will play Hwang Dong-Yoon. He is a detective and admires Woo Tae-Seok.

“Bad Detective” first airs October, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/park-ho-san-baro-cast-in-supporting-roles-for-mbc-drama-series-bad-detective

OK, I am waiting for casting Alice. Who is Alice?  :D

So the title is Bad Detective. I understand why they could not use the title Luther.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Bad Detective 나쁜 형사 / Luther (Remake) - Shin Ha Kyun, Baro - Premiers in October 2018

I guess BBC didn't want fore them to use Luther.. for copyright infringement. The answer we want to know.. who's going to be female lead? I still don't know who is and what is Alice character. I still haven't watched the BBC series.

12 hours ago, jongski said:

I guess BBC didn't want fore them to use Luther.. for copyright infringement.

I don`t think so. The other remakes after British shows did not have this problem. As I already said, I think it was a little strange for the drama to be called Luther when the character`s name was Luther in the original and in Korean version they will change it.

Yes, the question is who it will be Alice. I am so curious.

Thinking....Maybe Seo Ye Ji, Wang Ji Won or Shin Min-A? I am sure the casting director has a long list already. I still don`t have any idea who it will be. It would be fine by me if she will be a mature looking actress.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, jongski said:

I want Viki/ DF to sub or Kocowa (they're fast)

I also hope it is Kocowa or Viki, Dramafever. I hope Netflix will be the last choice. It is still better than not being translated at all.

Fingers crossed that we`ll have translations.

Viki request link for license.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

On 8/25/2018 at 4:42 AM, dotonly said:

Whoever the female lead is, just hope they wont get the age gap issues. Im tired of it.

In the original series, the actors playing Alice and Luther were 10 years apart. It was a good cast. I never asked myself what age have the actors playing them. Western series have more mature actors in the lead, which I like, especially in dark series.

For this drama, they can make Alice younger (with a larger age gap between actors) and still can work. There won`t be a romantic couple but Alice character has to be a strong woman. She insinuates herself in Luther`s life (profesional and personal life). She flirts with him. Alice met her match in Luther and she can`t let go of him. Eventually, It will become a simbiotic relationhip.  I wish they choose a good actress in the role, with a strong presence and charisma.

18 hours ago, dotonly said:

idk whether you misunderstood my prev post but what i meant with age gap issues were among the SK viewers. I dont have problem with big age gap between the leads.

I understood you. I wanted to comment about the issue. In general. I know that you meant the Korean audience (and not the only one) who always comment when there is an age gap. Sometime they exagerate because they should wait a little even when they are not that pleased with the age gap to see if it works on screen but they are right sometimes too.  If the story asks for an age gap and it is it is a compelling story, people accepts it eventually (for exemple drama My Mister with IU and Lee Sun Kyun or The Spring Day of My Life with Kam Woo Sung and SooYoung ). The  problem is in my opinion when the role is for an older actress but they cast a younger one. I read a good article on a blog about the age gap in movies and I totally agree with the writer of that article.

In an upcoming kdrama, they had a role for an ajumma leading role but eventually cast a 27 years old actress. It still could work if they changed a little the characters description but the question is... how come they could not find a hot or plain ajumma? There are lots of actresses who want a significant role in a drama. I am tired more when some immature people have prejudiced against actresses more than the age gap issue.  When they don`t have a huge age gap, they still write nasty and shallow comments about actresses. How many times I heard people saying a certain actress is looking old even when she does not have a single wrinkle on her face. When another actress has a plastic surgery, they still are not happy. The sadest part is that the majority of those comments are made by women.

Yeah, I wish the age gap or the appearance of actresses to not be an issue anymore.

Coming back to Bad Detective drama, I am still curious who will be their choice for the leading lady.

I found the article https://www.themarysue.com/age-gap-films/

We have the lead actress. It seams that she played in some projects before this drama.

The newbie actress

1535938096_1391267.jpg

A 'Bad Detective' official said, "Hyeon-seon is not a character who can challenge and digest easily. Many actors have a variety of charms, but this story has a strange charm that can not be explained in a word. Despite being a newcomer, the acting was also very stable and fresh, but with an intense personality, I felt that the moment I first saw her would fit the rest of the line, and I felt it was destiny. "I was convinced that the more I met, the more I would not have a better cast at Eunsun Lee." He was showing a strong confidence in the actress.

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=15359380961391267002

If they were impressed with the new actress certainly she is a good fit. Congratulation.

Sep 3 2018

Lee Seol cast for lead female role in MBC drama series “Bad Detective”

Bad-Detective-KD-2018-tp22.jpg

Lee Seol is cast for the lead female role in MBC drama series “Bad Detective” co-starring Shin Ha-Kyun. The drama series is a remake of UK TV series “Luther.” Park Ho-San and Baro were previously announced as cast for major supporting characters in the drama series. Lee Seol’s prior acting credits include minor parts in 2018 movies “Herstory” and “I Have a Date with Spring.” Lee Seol landed the lead female role in “Bad Detective” through auditions which involved about 300 other actresses.

For the drama series “Bad Detective,” Lee Seol will play Eun Sun-Jae. She is an attractive psychopath and helps Detective Woo Tae-Seok (Shin Ha-Kyun) solve cases.

“Bad Detective” first airs November 26, 2018 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/lee-seol-cast-for-lead-female-role-in-mbc-drama-series-bad-detective

Newbie actor Kim Gun-Woo confirmed to join drama Bad Detective.

l_2018090402000117600023471.jpg

Kim Gun-Woo challenges another once-in-a-lifetime transformation with <Bad Detective>. In the drama, Kim Gun-woo is the serial killer, Chang Min-min. It is a character who has perfect hair, good personality, good personality, good to the house, but a perfect double life by using the profession that is to be equipped with the basic character of justice.

Kim said, "After reading the script, it was a work that was bound to be fascinated at once. So, Chang, Min - min 's character became more greedy and got a chance, and now it' s so funny. I am ready to be a character that can be left in the memories of viewers for a long time. "

He made the debut in 2017 as a rival who harassed Park Seo-jun`s character in  Fight for My Way, and in Live, he acted as a "smiling cop".

http://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=201809040913003&amp;sec_id=540101

@larus  Thank for the update. Don;t know about the female lead that was chosen but I've feeling I'm gonna like. She doesn't have that  usual  lead actress face ( sorry I don't know how to describe it exactly but you know what I mean if you've watched a lot of dramas). I like her her look and face. Hopefully  good acting will complement that.

Casting news

Hong Eun-hee confirmed to join drama Bad Detective and playing a lawyer and Woo Tae Seok (Shin Ha Kyun)`s wife.

image_readtop_2018_559073_15361124123449

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?sc=30000001&amp;year=2018&amp;no=559073

9 hours ago, jongski said:

Don;t know about the female lead that was chosen but I've feeling I'm gonna like. She doesn't have that  usual  lead actress face ( sorry I don't know how to describe it exactly but you know what I mean if you've watched a lot of dramas). I like her her look and face. Hopefully  good acting will complement that.

I don`t know her either (never heard of her) but I am glad they give a chance to young actors who are not idol. I am sure she fits the role if they cast her (being a newbie). I will be looking for her performance. Another newbie actor who got a consistent role is Kim Gun-Woo. I saw him in drama Live but I need more and this is a chance to grow as an actor.

I am glad to see Hong Eun Hee in a drama too. I like her from other projects but never watched her in a full drama.

'Bad Detective' has completed the casting line-up of Shin Ha Kyun, Lee Seol, Park Ho-san, and Kim Kun-woo, and is making full-scale production.

201809060804770868_5b906177ac714.jpg

John Luther, who is played by actor Idris Elba in the original, is reborn as a character called Woo Tae Suk. Shin Ha Kyun takes charge. His method of investigation crosses the border of the law in a breathtaking way, but it has the human charm.

The new debut of Lee Seol, the female protagonist, starring in the 300-to-1 audition competition, is a great success. In the drama, Eun Seon Jae is a reporter and genius psychopath, a person who acts as a covert assistant to detect criminal with Shin Ha Kyun.

There is also an increasing question about Kim Ho-gwang and Park Ho-san, who will form an endless angle of ambiguity with Shin Ha-kyun.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110983396

Archived