[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Find Yourself 下一站是幸福

sugarplum892

So I watched episode 37 live earlier and can understand now why there is so much bashing on FX character and I think this is partially due to Victoria's delivery of the character. 

I personally felt FX could have been portrayed better if there was a significant difference between how she treated her relationship with YS and LM:

1. During the talk with SX about her wanting to be married to LM, she could have appeared less upbeat and more "resigned to her fate". She sounded too positive and it made it look like her love for YS was a little blurred/less important

2. When LM's sister visited, she also appeared ready and positive about progressing her relationship with LM to marriage

3. Her being with LM didn't feel vastly different from when she was with YS. I would have preferred if she was a lot more reserved with LM compared to when she was with YS

4. Her telling CY to break up with MM so that she can marry LM came off very weird. It sounded like she was too ready to move on with LM

I feel an actor's nuances and delivery can really make the audience empathize with your character more and I feel maybe things would have been portrayed better if these details were taken care of. I still think Victoria did a great job throughout the series, but it is these subtle differences that can really make the audience empathize with you.

Now my biggest worry is how they are going to make FX re-chase after YS without her looking like a two-timer who doesn't seem to know what she wants. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am late ...but Love this series....so much chemistry between the leads..even with such a big age gap...

songweilong has such a cute smile...he looks very young in series but at times with all the makeup look older than 22....he looks better in this series than that untouchable lovers ..

first time I watch songxi?...she is so pretty for her age...And looks young for her age..

so they actually look good together...just at times they put too much lipstick on both...

is it me or do I think their kissing scenes so much more natural and passionate (unllike go go squid lixian and yangzhi )....

love the sibling interactions also....

in regards..I think in beginning they were physically attracted to each other...then they learned to love each other....(although  unrealistic for a guy with such good looks and backgrounds....he grew rather attached to her quickly just a couple months he loves her so much to give up his dream of studying abroad ??? 

it is ironic that he is insecure because he knows he is so Much younger that she wouldn’t choose him for the long term and would choose someone her age ...and yet for her she was insecure because he is so much younger and think he would eventually choose a younger partner ..from the beginning I think he did think of long term relationship and she thought of it as a romantic fling...

I really love how his stepmom said that it is mature adults who think of solving issues and not having to choose between love and dream..

so was his ex girlfriend also older?  I read that many men who date older women because they lacked motherly love as a child...I find it interesting he didn’t seem that attached to the ex girlfriend when the broke up...yet he is so attached to fanxing just dating 3 months...

So she was a virgin when they had the first one night stand...?  it’s obviously he wasn’t ..☺️

Somehow it seems like she won’t marry the older guy and end up chasing him this time?   

i

On 2/10/2020 at 11:40 PM, angelangie said:

lols....actually my mom and me support each other....lols im out at the job world working and my mom helping me with household chores....no husband hahaha and yes no bf either lols....

so my mom is my pillar... :) 

girl, same situation as you lol

@pad-hari What did the notebook say?! :flushed: Please say you know...lol. 

Hello ya all, I don’t often comment, but I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts so far, and of course those who’ve dropped many lovely clips and media info. Thank you!

So it sounds like the last two episodes may be the only chance the OTP has to get together...? Unless...(this is my hypothetical ending) they make the ending about how she remains a single lady, fully knowing what she wants in life, just waiting for YS to come back from overseas, and then they get together two years later. I swear...if they make that scene of them hugging at the flower shop be the end scene...I’m gonna cry bucketsfull of tears for a drama-that-started-with-promise-to-a-drama-that-ended-on-a-sucky-note-despite-the-last-second-HE. They have been so miserable and frustrated not together that I’ve held off on watching the latest episode in Netflix cus I’m tired of being depressed and wanting to slap the ML for being a dull rag doll without making decisive decisions. Hah. (Yet...I still keep on wanting to watch more. Sick disease I have.) Anyways, let’s hope they do have a good ending. Please, drama god (director!!!) give us satisfaction for twisting our hearts and bleeding us dry.

:D

2 hours ago, Jafstar said:

@pad-hari What did the notebook say?! :flushed: Please say you know...lol. 

Hello ya all, I don’t often comment, but I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts so far, and of course those who’ve dropped many lovely clips and media info. Thank you!

So it sounds like the last two episodes may be the only chance the OTP has to get together...? Unless...(this is my hypothetical ending) they make the ending about how she remains a single lady, fully knowing what she wants in life, just waiting for YS to come back from overseas, and then they get together two years later. I swear...if they make that scene of them hugging at the flower shop be the end scene...I’m gonna cry bucketsfull of tears for a drama-that-started-with-promise-to-a-drama-that-ended-on-a-sucky-note-despite-the-last-second-HE. They have been so miserable and frustrated not together that I’ve held off on watching the latest episode in Netflix cus I’m tired of being depressed and wanting to slap the ML for being a dull rag doll without making decisive decisions. Hah. (Yet...I still keep on wanting to watch more. Sick disease I have.) Anyways, let’s hope they do have a good ending. Please, drama god (director!!!) give us satisfaction for twisting our hearts and bleeding us dry.

:D

Hi there!!!!! It's just my guess, she has written YS name and have strike a lot of times.(maybe the inky pinky ponky thing between LM and YS:lol:)

And reg. The highlighted part, u mean the ML YS or LM?  If it's YS, I don't agree.  Since he is more younger than her, he cannot take decisive decisions on behalf of them as she is even afraid to reveal their relationship to the world.  He is really trying his best, but HFX, I don't have words to explain her.  She is two-hearted.  I agree with all the posts of soompiers in this thread.  She has the pressure from the society, hence the decision to marry LM.  

Ok, I LL post another final ep. Filming, she realise what she's supposed to do

Cr:uploader

45 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

And reg. The highlighted part, u mean the ML YS or LM?  If it's YS, I don't agree.  Since he is more younger than her, he cannot take decisive decisions on behalf of them as she is even afraid to reveal their relationship to the world.  He is really trying his best, but HFX, I don't have words to explain her.  She is two-hearted.  I agree with all the posts of soompiers in this thread.  She has the pressure from the society, hence the decision to marry LM.  

No, no I meant the female lead (main lead)!!! I should have clarified her name in my post; can’t even recall her name now as I type this up. Hahahah. YS is way more memorable to me than her! Hahahahaha 

and I agree with you and everyone else about FX. I guess what this drama is all about: Finding HFX’s True Heart. Questions are: Will she be true to her heart? Or will social norms continue to dictate how she walks? (I’d prefer the first...he’s way more cute than the uncle. Hahahahahahahahaha)

I just felt like I had to de-lurk. Thank you for all the comments! Its been fun to read.

I think its now FX's turn to chase after YS. It's high time. I don't think I can take anymore LM and FX together. It was too painful to watch. I felt sad for FX because I could understand her and I would have done the same in her place. I think YS will make it difficult for her too. He's been too hurt by her to welcome her with open arms. I am sure he will make her grovel a bit but we all know that he would accept her in the end anyway. He loves her too much.

I felt such pain for YS because I could see how much he loves FX.  I am sure he would have endured hell just to be with her. In fact, I think his reason for telling FX not to worry about his one-sided love was more for her than any malicious intentions. He wanted her to be happy and couldn't bear to see her sad. I could feel his sincerity and that FX means the world to him.

I am extremely grateful to this drama. I think its easy to say that we should throw caution to the wind but I think most of us are like FX, at least I am. I find myself questioning whether I would be brave enough or do the same as FX. The scary thought was as much as I think I do not want to bow to society's pressure, I would do the same thing FX did. I realised to my horror that even if a younger man who is almost perfect and had looks like YS told me that he wanted to be with me, I would think twice.

That all being said, FX and YS belong together. I am rooting for them and secretly rooting for all of us ladies to be brave enough to fight for our happiness too.

I’m still waiting for ep 40-41 to become available on Netflix since it’s the only place where I can find it subbed. 

I was finally able to watch ep 36-39 today and I have to admit that I’m getting impatient for FX and YS to get back together. As much as I found Luming hilarious in the earlier episodes, I am not finding him extremely annoying. Like just go away please!

but I have to say that I’m glad Luming realized that no matter how much he likes FX, he can’t force her to love him. I think that he also realized that FX was trying but she just didn’t feel for him the way she felt about YS. 

And Luo Wenyou is soooo annoying!! I get that she is probably helping in making FX realize she still very much cares for YS and it’s also helping YS realize that FX is still very much affected. But I still find Luo Wenyou annoying.

They didn’t really show YS tell Steven about Luming so I’m guessing he must’ve told him when he went to pick him up the night he got drunk at the bar with Meiyin? And I found Luming’s reaction to Steven’s confrontation really disturbing. Like why was he laughing at him? Did he think it was a joke? 

I have to say YS has really matured a lot in the last few episodes and it’s come to a point where I’m hoping to see more of FX’s personal growth as she’s falling way behind YS’ development and she needs to show why she deserves him. 

I forgot to mention that in ep 39 when FX and YS were playing badminton and FX gets both of them ice cream... that part were YS licks his lips in a seductive way and asks FX, “do you find me sexy?” :scream:

I died. 

I lost interest lately.  This drama has a great concept.  But the Writer has to spoil it for us, with the rather unnecessary side-stories & a "not too smart" deviation.  The article below sums up most viewers' feelings:

Victoria Song Gets a Scolding from Netizens for Her Character He Fanxing's Actions in Find Yourself!

posted by Chase Shê on February 17, 20207 comments
Victoria%2BSong%2B2.jpg

The drama Find Yourself’s 下一站是幸福 swan song drops tomorrow night and I bet everyone’s on tenterhooks to find out how exactly will the show’s writers manage to turn around what has been an exasperating turn of events for those firmly on team Fanxing-Yuan Song.

I mean, I guess the story progression was quite unsatisfactory that disappointed viewers have even taken to leaving comments on Victoria Song’s personal account just to scold Fanxing for her actions! I kid you not guys. Some fans have taken things a little bit too seriously and equated one for the other, but there’s really no need to scold her personally for a script she was just following. 

Song%2BWeilong%2B2.jpg
Victoria's He Fanxing started out quite nicely enough – an independent woman who didn’t give a fig about what people thought about her (non existent) love life. Her romance with Song Weilong’s Yuan Song was surprisingly sweet too at the beginning. But for some reason things took on a different direction for her character – for a woman who started out not caring about what other people thought, she became pretty apprehensive about what people will say about her relationship with a man several years her junior. 

With their relationship kept under wraps as if it had an expiration date, it was a stark contrast to her new relationship with David Wang's Ye Luming whose plot to steal her away from Yuan Song became successful. 

find%2Byourself%2Bdavid%2Bwang.jpg

Netizens have been jokingly speculating online that the show’s writers must have some sort of grief to settle with the actress given how her character has turned out to be. Now that she’s dating second lead Ye Luming and really considering the possibility that their relationship will end in marriage, why on earth is she still friends with Yuan Song? It’s quite selfish of her to string him along and also unfair for both guys isn’t it? 

find yourself

Anyway, recent episodes have seen a new woman pursuing Yuan Song and guess who’s jealous? Well the shoe is now on the other foot and Fanxing is getting a dose of her own medicine! Guess she wants to have her cake and eat it too eh but things just don’t work out that way in most cases. But, I reckon things are looking up for viewers continuing to hold on to a Fanxing-Yuan Song ending if the trailer’s any indication. I just wish the writers will be a touch more gentle when handling her character and not have her end up looking too much of a jerk when she and Yuan Song get back together just after breaking things off with Ye Luming.

I want season 2! They end when is actually the beginning. How do you keep a relationship like this? When do they marry, have kids? According to her agenda or his? In 3 years she needs to get pregnant or is complicated for a woman. 

when they got together so soon I was thinking that maybe they will show us more of the trials of this kind of relationship... you cans start it but can you keep it for the long run?

32 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Tonight is the Finale

Yeah. Finale. Thanks for all the reviews, pix & ranking sheets you have posted throughout. We all more or less know what to expect. 

I somehow felt something missing from this drama.  I don't know whether it is the fault of the Director, Script-Writer or the Actress.  In some dramas, one can feel the emotions of the Actress, even without any Words.  I know this is a tricky topic to handle. But with the right combinations, we should be able to get more involved with the agony of the Female Lead: the frustrations, the constraints, the need to break free at times.  But some how we didn't.  Otherwise this will be a great drama.

Archived