Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Find Yourself 下一站是幸福

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

 

@Songbae what kind of dramas do you usually enjoy?

I don't have a preference actually as long as the drama is interesting

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Happy Happy I think YS was forgiving of FX because he knew she was naive and inexperienced when it comes to men and dating. But it’s also a sign of maturity on YS part in that he was the bigger person. He initially wanted to steal her away from Luming but then realized that wasn’t proper either which is why he distanced himself toward the end. It would have been petty of him to continue to make her chase after him when he wanted her just as much. I think he just needed some reassurance from her to see whether she is ready to face the challenges of dating him since that was why she broke up initially. 
 

One other thing I admire about YS is that despite Luo Wenyue making advances, he was careful to set boundaries. He never led her on and even defended FX when Luo Wenyue was trying to provoke her. I love that scene where they’re walking by the bridge and LW asked for ice cream and when FX turned her back, YS made a gesture to LW to say “you’re dead” basically. :joy:

 

another scene I liked was when they were eating together and LW asked YS what her ideal woman was like and he basically described FX and LW goes “aren’t you just describing me?” And YS cooly responds saying “you’re not my type” haha!

 

even when they bump into LW after FX and YS finally reconciled, YS tells LW “you never stood a chance” haha!!

 

this is why I felt that the drama should have shown more of FX growth because it almost felt like she didn’t deserve YS in the end. 
 

@Songbae do you stick to Chinese dramas or would you watch Korean as well?

 

A few C dramas I’ve watched recently that I enjoyed are:

 

- A Little Thing Called First Love

- Love and Destiny

- Go Go Squid

- Gank Your Heart

  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@Happy Happy I think YS was forgiving of FX because he knew she was naive and inexperienced when it comes to men and dating. But it’s also a sign of maturity on YS part in that he was the bigger person. He initially wanted to steal her away from Luming but then realized that wasn’t proper either which is why he distanced himself toward the end. It would have been petty of him to continue to make her chase after him when he wanted her just as much. I think he just needed some reassurance from her to see whether she is ready to face the challenges of dating him since that was why she broke up initially. 
 

One other thing I admire about YS is that despite Luo Wenyue making advances, he was careful to set boundaries. He never led her on and even defended FX when Luo Wenyue was trying to provoke her. I love that scene where they’re walking by the bridge and LW asked for ice cream and when FX turned her back, YS made a gesture to LW to say “you’re dead” basically. :joy:

 

another scene I liked was when they were eating together and LW asked YS what her ideal woman was like and he basically described FX and LW goes “aren’t you just describing me?” And YS cooly responds saying “you’re not my type” haha!

 

even when they bump into LW after FX and YS finally reconciled, YS tells LW “you never stood a chance” haha!!

 

this is why I felt that the drama should have shown more of FX growth because it almost felt like she didn’t deserve YS in the end. 
 

@Songbae do you stick to Chinese dramas or would you watch Korean as well?

 

A few C dramas I’ve watched recently that I enjoyed are:

 

- A Little Thing Called First Love

- Love and Destiny

- Go Go Squid

- Gank Your Heart

I am trying to watch gog go squid but the beginning is boring so i might skip.

I watch both

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Songbae 

 

My list of recommendations: 

  1. The World Owes me a First Love
  2. About is Love
  3. Well Intended Love (and now there’s a Second season airing!)
  4. Gank Your Heart
  5. Put Your Head on My Shoulder
  6. A Little Thing Called First Love
  7. My ultimate favorite:  LoveO2O

For something that was low key good in its hay day, have you ever seen “ToGetHer” with Rainie Yang and Jiro Wang? This is a 2009 Taiwanese drama, and Rainie was 

 also an original cast member of the 2001 Meteor Garden series.
Rainie also starred in one of the first Taiwanese dramas I’ve ever seen called, “Devil Besides You”. It’s totally cheesy and cringing since it’s taken fro
m a manga. :sweatingbullets: But I admit, it’s one of those that got me started on watching Asian dramas back in 2007 when I was bedridden pregnant, and had nothing to do. lol.

 

And if you’re totally bored of Chinese, Korean dramas have a wide selection, and there are some awesome Japanese dramas too. Just check out the various sites and see what floats your boat. :) Jiayo! 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find Yourself remain in Top 2 even for finale in the Television Index for Feb/18

 

1AJ15dAsM0ytbPCNNjarO1uzPlJFNpoMjY2FcUeU

 

they remain on Top 1 in the prosperity chart for Feb/18 rating

 

RtrzG2nRj3ZMnV5ZjJ-G6xaTiXv78AJ6DBuhULws

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mouse007 said:

@Happy Happy I think YS was forgiving of FX because he knew she was naive and inexperienced when it comes to men and dating. But it’s also a sign of maturity on YS part in that he was the bigger person. He initially wanted to steal her away from Luming but then realized that wasn’t proper either which is why he distanced himself toward the end. It would have been petty of him to continue to make her chase after him when he wanted her just as much. I think he just needed some reassurance from her to see whether she is ready to face the challenges of dating him since that was why she broke up initially. 
 

One other thing I admire about YS is that despite Luo Wenyue making advances, he was careful to set boundaries. He never led her on and even defended FX when Luo Wenyue was trying to provoke her. I love that scene where they’re walking by the bridge and LW asked for ice cream and when FX turned her back, YS made a gesture to LW to say “you’re dead” basically. :joy:

 

another scene I liked was when they were eating together and LW asked YS what her ideal woman was like and he basically described FX and LW goes “aren’t you just describing me?” And YS cooly responds saying “you’re not my type” haha!

 

even when they bump into LW after FX and YS finally reconciled, YS tells LW “you never stood a chance” haha!!

 

this is why I felt that the drama should have shown more of FX growth because it almost felt like she didn’t deserve YS in the end. 
 

do

I totally agree...love those scenes and the one where he straight out told LW that “of course my ex boss is prettier”.....in his eyes she is gorgeous...he mentioned several times that FX looked like a college senior girl...

 

yeah He matured more in series...for a guy that dated before u would think he would be able to get thru a 3 month relationship breakup...but in 3 months he really loved her (probably more so than his ex)...didn’t say how many times he dated though??? 
 

But I guess even with his prior dating experiences he made mistakes of not telling her things like his family background etc...so during daring FX didn’t really know much about him...he knew about her background ...

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jafstar said:

@Songbae 

 

My list of recommendations: 

  1. The World Owes me a First Love
  2. About is Love
  3. Well Intended Love (and now there’s a Second season airing!)
  4. Gank Your Heart
  5. Put Your Head on My Shoulder
  6. A Little Thing Called First Love
  7. My ultimate favorite:  LoveO2O

For something that was low key good in its hay day, have you ever seen “ToGetHer” with Rainie Yang and Jiro Wang? This is a 2009 Taiwanese drama, and Rainie was 

 also an original cast member of the 2001 Meteor Garden series.
Rainie also starred in one of the first Taiwanese dramas I’ve ever seen called, “Devil Besides You”. It’s totally cheesy and cringing since it’s taken fro
m a manga. :sweatingbullets: But I admit, it’s one of those that got me started on watching Asian dramas back in 2007 when I was bedridden pregnant, and had nothing to do. lol.

 

And if you’re totally bored of Chinese, Korean dramas have a wide selection, and there are some awesome Japanese dramas too. Just check out the various sites and see what floats your boat. :) Jiayo! 

THANK YOU

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jafstar I liked Well-Intended Love and did not know there's a season 2 airing!!!! Ugh, I will have to check it out! I also loved The World Owes me a First Love, Love O2O and Put Your Head on my Shoulder.

 

2 hours ago, Happy Happy said:

I totally agree...love those scenes and the one where he straight out told LW that “of course my ex boss is prettier”.....in his eyes she is gorgeous...he mentioned several times that FX looked like a college senior girl...

 

yeah He matured more in series...for a guy that dated before u would think he would be able to get thru a 3 month relationship breakup...but in 3 months he really loved her (probably more so than his ex)...didn’t say how many times he dated though??? 
 

But I guess even with his prior dating experiences he made mistakes of not telling her things like his family background etc...so during daring FX didn’t really know much about him...he knew about her background ...

 

I agree, YS really loved FX. He was attracted to her physically but he also loved her personality. He knew her faults and even mentioned them but he'd always say that's what makes her attractive to him. 

 

It doesn't say how many times he's dated before. It just mentioned 1 ex-girlfriend who was also older.

 

And yes, even with his prior dating experience, he still made mistakes because the age gap between him and FX were much bigger and of course, FX is a different person so he had to really get to know her and adapt.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mouse007 said:

 

I agree, YS really loved FX. He was attracted to her physically but he also loved her personality. He knew her faults and even mentioned them but he'd always say that's what makes her attractive to him. 

 

It doesn't say how many times he's dated before. It just mentioned 1 ex-girlfriend who was also older.

 

And yes, even with his prior dating experience, he still made mistakes because the age gap between him and FX were much bigger and of course, FX is a different person so he had to really get to know her and adapt.

 

 

I was rewatching some scenes...I think his ex was also much older....he just like dating older women ..(Lou Muir was also older). .some men do that due to finding motherly love ...haha...and Fx’s brother said that YS’ ex girlfriend was too needy so they broke up quickly...apparently he probably never really loved his ex girlfriend but with FX he was commited all the way since the beginning to her....FX was different indeed..YS mentioned to his stepmom that he was afraid and knew if they broke up FX can live without him...yet he wished she would want him more....so FX was opposite of the ex girlfriend......so I would think even though he dated before fx was more like his first true love..(haha I was so surprised when the emphasized the physical attraction all the way in beginning when he was massaging her waist and when she drunk...already he probably try control his male “hormonal”..reaction....male is male after all didn’t take long before they slept togther”)

 

 

 

 

I tried well intended love...for some reason find the male main character although look a little like Wallace huo..a little weird...China does a lot of these “baodao” ceo dramas where the boss chases the girl....gets a little boring...

 

my still favorite though of these ceo boss chase girl drama is “boss and me” with zhaoliying...

 

so I was glad they put out a drama like finding yourself..it’s a little different..plus songweilong definitley is eye candy...hahaha...he has such a sweet smile that even Yang Yang doesn’t have...hahaha

 

Side note....in korean drama it’s common..more acceptable that girl moons older than male..like “can I hear my voice”.....I thought they were making a remake of this drama in chinese...

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Happy said:

my still favorite though of these ceo boss chase girl drama is “boss and me” with zhaoliying.

 

 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE "Boss & Me" ... plus the novel itself was just as good!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find Yourself drop to Top 3 for Feb/19 rating

 

1. New World

2. Court Battle

3. Find Yourself

I0j0F3428ntYm1EguvE8Davjzu1fVg9-IG-Mnd7v

 

 

Stay Top 1 in the Prosperity Chart

1. Find Yourself

2. New World

3. PB

vNNGgU-TowiZo67jFcfXv_vFnNkuXFaAIqciX-qO

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 3:34 AM, Jafstar said:

@angelangie @pad-hari I’m crying for an ending that was happy, but left me still wanting more. Maybe a season 2? That’d be great!! 

***Please don’t read my spoiler if you haven’t seen the last episode. I’d hate to ruin people’s bubbles.***
 

  Hide contents

Didn’t I say it? The flower shop will be the end scene, and I don’t know about everyone’s else’s, but for this viewer’s point, it was underwhelming. For all the painful dating scenes LM had with FX for over 14-16 episodes, they have the OTP get back together in one episode. Someone mentioned “rushed”...and they aren’t kidding. I feel cheated! :rage: I wanted to know what was written in the lipstick-fingerprint contract, to see YS formally greeting her parents, his stepmom and Dad’s reaction, etc. and what happened to FX’s brother and MM’s relationship?! All these loose ends make me feel like I did when I saw the ending to the kdrama “Cheese in the Trap”. 
This drama kept me hooked from the 1st episode but as the scenes with LM/FX dragged on, I was losing steam for YS/FX. The director and the screenwriter really let their actors down since they didn’t tap into the full potential of their dynamics and sweet chemistry, instead they made our girl lose herself in the beginning of their relationship and then FINALLY gain her confidence and courage at the last two seconds. How great it would have been to see YS and FX work together as a couple against the social conventional norms in many episodes earlier. The scenes with her dating LM should have been no more than 3-4 episodes. And Poor Victoria Song, she’s getting flack for just acting the script the way the screenwriter and director made

the character turn out. What a disappointment.
:triumph:

 Arrrrrgh! Okay. I’m done venting. 

On the other hand, I’m happy they got together. At least they don’t end up alone and apart. :smirk:

 

Hi there @Jafstar, it's a curse in C dramaland that the ending is always like that.  We should never be happy after watching the good start of a c drama, later on the show may end on a viewers unsatisfactory note.

Yeah, u were right when u guessed that the flower shop hug is going to be the end.  Lotta experience, haan!!!!!:tounge_wink:

It seems Victoria is being under netizens wrath for her HFX character.  WTH!!!

http://www.dramapanda.com/2020/02/victoria-song-gets-scolding-from.html?m=1

SWL was much better in his acting compared to Untouchable lover days.  Loved them both, not to leave ZYJ.  Actually I skipped the breakup part of our leads and just watched the ending.  Atleast the leads got together in the end and thank God, they did give us some wierd ending.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Hi there @Jafstar

6 hours ago, pad-hari said:

 

SWL was much better in his acting compared to Untouchable lover days.  Loved them both, not to leave ZYJ.  Actually I skipped the breakup part of our leads and just watched the ending.  Atleast the leads got together in the end and thank God, they did give us some wierd ending.

 

swl...For a kid that is only 19 years old ...and never went through acting school...he is rather good...he has been getting lead roles...since 17 no??? He has an upcoming series called something reborn flower...playing someone in mid 20,s and yet he is only 20...his hairstyle and makeup make him look older ...

 

I didn’t watch Untouchable lovers thorough..the hairstyle was not that good made him not as handsome there...was a it a good series?

 

i May watch his other series last year?  Long to love you about some alien girl?   ..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Happy Happy said:

swl...For a kid that is only 19 years old ...and never went through acting school...he is rather good...he has been getting lead roles...since 17 no??? He has an upcoming series called something reborn flower...playing someone in mid 20,s and yet he is only 20...his hairstyle and makeup make him look older ...

 

I didn’t watch Untouchable lovers thorough..the hairstyle was not that good made him not as handsome there...was a it a good series?

 

i May watch his other series last year?  Long to love you about some alien girl?   ..

Hi there!!! UL was very interesting, pace was good only for the 1st 20 episodes and later on everything went down.  Only thing I watched was for the second FL Bai Lu.  She was excellent.  And the main FL was so bad in acting.  Since it was SWL' s first big project and a minor - cannot expect much from him and also no kiss scenes too.

 

But I liked his movie which was released last year with Vivian Sung.  It was really good as also his acting.  More than the BEAUTIFUL REBORN FLOWER, I am looking forward to his upcoming drama with Seven Tan.  It seems to be quite interesting.

 

Another article.  Victoria is such a sweetheart and a talented person.  Love the message she has posted on her weibo.  Love her so much.

http://www.dramapanda.com/2020/02/after-find-yourself-finale-victoria.html?showComment=1582243317452&m=1#c7912943054682702543

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find Yourself had drop to Top 4 for Feb/20 rating

 

1. New World

2. Court Battle

3. Prefect Partner

4. Find Yourself.

5. Promise Keeper

OCncgZiE1KlY1JMHMm684AF0iR7FrpaKD5Fv-MrP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Video below is so funny.  It is a new Hunan TV show called: "Hey! What are you doing?".  It is hosted by "Happy Camp" hosts.  Li Weijia is one of happy camp hosts.  His mother is a fan of Song Wei Long.  When they had a Video Chat with him, Weijia's mother asked Song Wei Long if he & Victoria is a Couple in Real Life.  Wei Long said "No. We are only good friends". 

 

Weijia's mother was persistent, saying:  Many on-screen couples start being one after the drama.  You can too.  It is a trend now.

 

So Wei Long said:  That is right.  If you really like someone, age does not matter

 

 

  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly i enjoyed this more than i thought lol

 

although i really did not see the cai mimi and he canyang couple coming....lol...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...