The Tollgate

Lmangla

On 8/18/2018 at 3:29 PM, evie7 said:

cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif @Lmangla and @CamelKnight Thank you both for making this poll. It was fun to read everyone's list and vote for our faves.

Thanks, but main credits go to @Lmangla who's a champion in setting up fun things like this! I facilitate when I'm able, which is not often, unfortunately :)

On 8/17/2018 at 1:59 PM, stuartjmz said:

No issues with PMY, or indeed with PSJ, it was his character whom I found rage-inducingly unwatchable, as fun and lovable as DIY root canal with a rusty fork.  As for just picking one, I can't do that when I know nothing at all about so many of the options. Most came from Dramas I actively avoided, so  I get to play felon by skipping the tollgate, I guess :)

Oh no.. I thought Hwang Bo Ra was just so annoying I could shoot her. The rest was awesome :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Polls are closed! thank you for participating. it was lovely to hear that folks had fun nominating as well participating in the polls. :blush:

it was interesting that villians and side characters had the most votes. guess, we really feel strongly about them but we don't get to often show our love/attention for these characters.....

here's a summary of the winners:

tollgate poll 1 - villains
1. villains award # 1 - the character you wanted to slap the most! how silly are they -- Oh Tae Ree noodle heiress from good witch
2. villains award #2. the villain you are glad to see in jail or dead -- psycho appa from come hug me
3. villains award #3. The villain that should've won in the end -- Song Yoon Ah from The K2

all the villains won by a strong margin against the others. we really disliked them but we also noticed their strong performance and character arc in the drama.

Tollgate poll 3 - side characters
1. side characters award #1. you wish you could hug them and give them their own show. who cares about the leads! -- Doo Chil-sung (Jang Hyuk) from Wok of Love
2. side characters award #2. everybody needs friends and family like these side characters -- Doo Chil Seong - Wok of Love
3. side characters award #3. sometimes villains are better than these annoying folks who raise your BP -- Lawles Lawyer: Choi Min Soo, so good at playing the villain An O-Joo

jang hyuk's character in wok of love seems to have lots of hearts even if he wasn't the main lead.

Tollgate poll 2 - dramas
1. dramas award #2. this drama is too brainy and requires many brain cells to process -- Tunnel
2. 2. dramas award #5. the drama that is like a good meal and has a bit of everything -- sides, starters, main + salad and even dessert. -- My mister, closely followed by Just between lovers
3. dramas award #7. it started off well but ended stupidly - Misty

it may be brainy but tunnel was great! and very important -- had a happy, somewhat closed ending. :D

tollgate poll 4 - OTP / leads
1. OTP award #1. the OTP that made you swoon -- Whats Wrong With Secretary Kim Lee Young
2. OTP award #2. the OTP that made you laugh -- Whats Wrong With Secretary Kim Lee Young Joon and Kim Mi So
3. leads award #1. you wish the character was real and you could meet him/her -- Nam Shin III in AYHT

folks seem to love why secretary kim as a good romantic drama. will it stand the test of time though?

tollgate poll 5 - misc
1. the stuff behind! award #6. I want that watch! where the clothes/accessories are too good that you don't even care if that character annoys you -- Robot shin's fashion in are you human too, followed closely by Mr. Sunshine the clothes of Kudo Hina and the hanbook of Ae-Shin
2. fan service award #2. scenes that made you swoon -- What's Wrong With Secretary Kim kiss scenes and confessions
3. fan service award #3. this is why you watch dramas -- Why secretary kim

a special shout out to @CamelKnight for his help in putting this together. till the next event, thanks for playing! :wub:

Archived