The Tollgate

Lmangla

Uhh.. i was so lost haha. It's been a while now. I logged on and got tagged. 

I read the whole 4 pages back and my mind was blank :sweat_smile: then i realized hey today is the dateline :lol:.

But i'm glad others have fun here. Thanks for tagging me  @Lmangla chingu. 

I'm still lost :lol: sorry...

u84humr.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_mdv50uucs31r1w2oq.gif

Here's to you my sweet Chingu @Lmangla I was going to spend the day watching sad movies and then I thought about your event and here I am!!!  Although I am not good at this kind of stuff will give it my best shot always seeming to be last but I seem to do better under pressure!!   Or maybe not!!! LOL:w00t:

Villians...

1.  I wanted to slap her the most Soo Ji in The Great Seducer/Tempted

2.  Dead would be best... Serial Killer HJ in Come And Hug Me/ Tied with a horrible traitor with no excuse of being a psycho may even be worse than HJ Shin MIn-Seok in the new drama TIME.

3.   Pass

Dramas...

1.  A Korean Odyssey

2.  Misty is the best I can do as I try my best to stay away from those needing Sherlock Holmes cells.

3.  Whats Wrong With Secretary Kim

4.  My Golden Life or Goodbye to Goodbye, either one of these will do can't seem to choose love them both!!!

5.  Shall We Live Together Marry Me Now...  Relationships of all kinds and a true sense of family

6. My opinion isn't as valuable as seeing it and judging for yourself...  Everyone is unique and so is ones views...

7.  Mystery Queen 2 all the potential got used up in the first one.  And it wasn't because of the actors they are still amazing to me!  One of the few I didn't finish this year:tears:...

8.  Lets Hold Hands And Watch The Sunset

Side Characters...

1. My Golden LIfe - Sun Woo- Hyuk & Seo Ji-Soo  hqdefault.jpg

2. Wok Of Love...  Friends & Family Romance & Bromance

3.  All wicked Mother-in-laws or Mothers who are always worse than villains because they are full of themselves and should love and care for their children and their happiness more than their own desires...

Will stop here not sure about the time limit and will continue after posting at least this:heart:

OTP and secondary OTPs...

1.  I'm Not A Robot

2.  Radio Romance

Leads...

1.  Kim Ji Woon in House Helper  Mainly because his heart and caring for others isn't about cleaning their homes it's about healing their hearts...  And Nam Shin lll in Are You Human too? 

2. HJ in Come Hug Me I hope I never meet anyone like him:blink:  EVER!!!

still-17-2017-filming-location-episode-3

Fan Service...

1.  Scene that made me giggle... I agree with someone else here who wrote about the scene with the Choco Pie in picture above in Still Seventeen so funny!!!

2.  Scene that made me swoon... Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food to many scenes to count...

3. This is why you watch Dramas... Should we kiss first- Loved this drama an older OTP that proved that age doesn't define our passion or our opportunity to love and be loved.  I loved when he would read to her before going to sleep and how they would watch each other sleep as well.  There were moments it was to beautiful for words in teaching no one is promised tomorrow so make the most out of today.

The Stuff Behind...

1. Mr Sunshine is just beautiful although historical it's the deep traditions, scenery, clothing and values of Korea and it's people that are not only seen but felt as well ...

2. Whisper

On 7/25/2018 at 10:22 AM, Lmangla said:

Here are the categories:

villains:

award # 1. the character you wanted to slap the most! how silly are they...

Chae Guen Sik/Suits

award #2. the villain you are glad to see in jail or dead

Jung Mal Ran/Money Flower

dramas:

award #2. this drama is too brainy and requires many brain cells to process

Misty

award #3. this drama is hahahahah drama! with scenes that kept you giggling...

What's Wong With Secretary Kim

award #5. the drama that is like a good meal and has a bit of everything -- sides, starters, main + salad and even dessert. (daily/weekend)

Goodbye to Goodbye

award #6. avoid! beware! don't watch this drama.

Personal Mysterious Shopper

award #7. it started off well but ended stupidly

Evergreen

side characters:

award #2. everybody needs friends and family like these side characters

Miss Hammurabi

OTP and secondary OTPs:

award #1. the OTP that made you swoon

Yong Joon and Kim Mi Soo/What's Wrong With Secretary Kim

award #2. the OTP that made you laugh

/Yong Joon and Kim Mi Soo/What's Wrong With Secretary Kim

leads:

award #1. you wish the character was real and you could meet him/her

Seo Young Hee/Goodbye to Goodbye

award #2. you are so glad that such a character doesn't exist in real life; well, no one you know anyway!

Kim Se Young/Goodbye to Goodbye

fan service

award #1. scenes that made you giggle

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim

award #2. scenes that made you swoon

award #3. this is why you watch dramas.

the stuff behind!

award #1. where can I get that sofa? where the interiors and settings were more attractive than the story...

award #6    

Moneyflower

@Lmangla @CamelKnightHello chinguscrazy-monkey-emoticon-050.gif this was fun. Sorry for the late response 

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... yes @Cecentre ~ don't worry about how many dramas you watched. I also watched very few. hahahah... so just put in your nominations on the awards that strike you. and yes, you can include 2017 as well :)

Alright then! Let's get this started!! I'll try to choose as many dramas to nominate as possible to get some variety in :blush:

Villain: 

award # 1. the character you wanted to slap the most! how silly are they... 

Lee Yoo Beum -- While You Were Sleeping. He was a fine villain until the end of the drama then he just became silly and struggled meaninglessly to me :/ and

Spoiler

kill one of my favorite characters of the show ughhhhh

award #2. the villain you are glad to see in jail or dead

That psychopath in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. Hands down one of the creepiest dude in Kdrama that I have watched for a while and I don't have even an ounce of sympathy for him (not that he has anything to sympathize for anyway). Lock him up never let him out again :persevere:

award #3. The villain that should've won in the end. 

I don't exactly want him to "win" in the end but to be treated better than how they treat him in the drama: Jung Hyun Soo in Suspicious Partner. Obviously what he did was wrong but he had all the reasons to do what he did and when I watched the drama, all I hope was for someone (like lawyer Cha in IHYV) will be on his side and speak from his perspective :( 

Dramas:

award #3. this drama is hahahahah drama! with scenes that kept you giggling... 

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon! Love the drama everyone was so funny!! After this drama, I'm convinced that Park Hyung Sik is born for the com in rom-com dramas :joy:

Side Characters:

award #2. everybody needs friends and family like these side characters

The friends in Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo! They are sweet and supportive!! 

award #3. sometimes villains are better than these annoying folks who raise your BP.

Park Hye Ran in Fight for My Way. There's something weird with her character because she keeps showing up and disappearing randomly and then get a redemption out of nowhere at the end :/// 

OTP:

award #1. the OTP that made you swoon

Kim Min Kyu x Jo Ji Ah of I'm not a Robot!! Seriously this is the ship that led me to soompi. Their chemistry is off the roof and they suit each other so well! 

award #2. the OTP that made you laugh

Bong Se Ra x Secretary Yang of What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. Oh dear they are the funniest couple but the coke is the cutest thing that ever happens!! No wonder my standard for men is ridiculously high after watching Kdramas :joy:

Leads:

award #1. you wish the character was real and you could meet him/her

No Ji Wook -- Suspicious Partner. First of all, he's JCW. Secondly, find me a man who looks that hot in a suit with glasses and his hair slid back :love: Third he had one of the most respectful confession ever! 

Spoiler

ff2c43dabc5283c0ccdbdc31ffb258c4_zpsqs21

Fan Service:

award #2. scenes that made you swoon

Swoon as in like heart flutter and clearly fan service then any scene with a shirtless Go Dong Man in Fight For My Way :P 

award #3. this is why you watch dramas. 

It would be too hard for me to choose any one scene in What's Wrong With Secretary Kim because Lee Young Joon noticing anything about his secretary is swoon-worthy given how much he loves himself lmaoooo 

I had fun doing this!! Sorry I only got like two 2018 dramas but hopefully the JCW gif will make you all forgive me  *wink wink*

I couldn't come up with a title for all categories, so answered all I could.  Thank you for tagging me! :)

dramas: Apparently I have a strong mental will. When I can’t get into a drama for whatever reason, I stop watching it, and I forget all about it! I honestly can’t remember the ones that could fit in this category. :D

award #1. you know the plot makes no sense but keep watching anyway award

#6. avoid! beware! don't watch this drama. award

#7. it started off well but ended stupidly award

#8. The drama that is so bad, it's good    

side characters:

award #3. sometimes villains are better than these annoying folks who raise your BP.

Lawles Lawyer: Choi Min Soo, so good at playing the villain An O-Joo!  

_ leads: award #2. you are so glad that such a character doesn't exist in real life; well, no one you know anyway!

The kidnapper in Strong Woman Do Bong Soon...  

_ the stuff behind!

award _#6. I want that watch! where the clothes/accessories are too good that you don't even care if that character annoys you.

The sunglasses of An O-Joo (Lawless Lawyer!)

award _#7. the product placements that made you giggle and actually loved how it was weaved in.

I’m obsessed with An O-Joo sunglasses (Lawless lawyer)!! If someone could tell me where to find them… :sweatingbullets:

Just a bit swamped with work but will get the poll out soon. Having a laugh that the villains category has so many nominations! :lol: where would our dramas be without them? so we all seem to be paying lots of attention to the villains and side characters.

On 8/6/2018 at 10:34 AM, Lmangla said:

@Lmangla It's okay!  I can't wait for this! :) 

FYI to our contributors - @Lawyerh @kokodus  @Prettysup @triplem @Dhakra @zenya22 @dotonly @lee-chan  @supergal99@stuartjmz @ELY_397 @Saja La @Sarang21 @UnniSarah @sadthe1st @Mau_Cherry @rossy5 @2handsintertwined @rolisrntex @aisling @jeijei @kata48 @anthurium_52702 @valentvcd @Annya @USAFarmgirl @evie7 @Cecentre @lilyphenix  

been really really really busy with real life. :( so anyways, the poll is finally up! because of tech, the poll is split into 5 sections. couldn't include all the Qs due to lack of tech and nominations. spread the word and don't forget to vote! thank you for participating and making this event a success. :wub:

50 minutes ago, rossy5 said:

@lmangla

Where can I see the poll?

it is in the events section and there are 5 polls (tech limitations means there can only be 3 Qs.) look for these threads within the events section here:

tollgate poll 1 - villians

tollgate poll 2 - dramas

tollgate poll 3 - side characters

tollgate poll 4 - OTP / leads

tollgate poll 5 - misc

have fun!

2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Can the poll be modified to allow voting only those categories we've actually seen any of the nominees? In most categories, I've seen NONE of the Dramas listed, but if I try voting only in those categories where I can I get "this field is required" in the others, and my votes aren't valid

it looks like you have to vote for all 3 Qs. this is the first poll I created using this platform. let me check with @CamelKnight if it is possible to modify...

12 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. Actually, in some of the categories, I had  seen one or more of the nominees, but couldn't possibly vote for any of them. I suspect, for example, I'm one of VERY few people whose watching of Secretary Kim  was achieved only by FFing every single PSJ scene. :joy:

You should be ashamed of yourself! Park Min Young is just georgous and should receive your undivided attention!

On the matter of adjusting the poll @Lmangla afaik, that's not possible. So if you haven't seen any of the dramas, chose one option which suits your tastes best and move on to the next portion :)

Archived