[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I've been snooping on this forum for years now but this is my first time posting;  it's kinda exciting :blush:.

I've been keeping up with this drama on Naver as I am a long time Song Joongki fan(kinda retired but hopefully this drama will get me interested in him again, as I love historical dramas), and I think I read that they decided to make this drama have multiple seasons. They also mentioned it in the article @YuukiH posted. I can understand some Korean but I've never officially learned so I'm not sure if I'm right. Can anyone confirm if this drama will have multiple seasons?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, choco milo said:

I've been keeping up with this drama on Naver as I am a long time Song Joongki fan(kinda retired but hopefully this drama will get me interested in him again, as I love historical dramas), and I think I read that they decided to make this drama have multiple seasons. They also mentioned it in the article @YuukiH posted. I can understand some Korean but I've never officially learned so I'm not sure if I'm right. Can anyone confirm if this drama will have multiple seasons?

I've actually read something about that as well, however there's no official confirmation whether that's true or not. I guess we'll just have to wait until this actually airs :D.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that they have already confirmed for a second season to air in 2020. It may just be a mistranslation though. As soon as I find the article again I'll share it. Im really suprised at the lack of information surrounding this drama, given its cast and all. 

Here's a new article that talks about plans for season 2 a little bit. 

http://vip.mk.co.kr/newSt/news/news_view2.php?t_uid=5&c_uid=106668&sCode=13

This is the article that I found that seems to state a season 2 is in the works. 

http://www.webdaily.co.kr/view.php?ud=2019021811390628911137874ed5_7 (again, it may just be a mistranslation.) 

Also, Lee Seong Woo and Ha Joon have joined the cast. 

(Lee Seong Woo)

http://news1.kr/articles/?3554423

http://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2019022214428059992

(Ha Joon)

http://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201903041222020364

One last update is that Song Joongi left on February 24th to shoot some scenes in Brunei. 

song-1.png

song-joong-ki-xuat-hien-tuoi-tan-sau-khi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Song Joong Ki shared a picture on Weibo of their filming in Brunei ! It's so interesting to see their make up and the way they're dressed ! They're part of a tribe i guess ??

Since I searched about Gojoseon and Asadal (capital of Gojoseon) and found interesting things Wikipedia :

<<By the 4th century BC, other states with defined political structures developed in the areas of the earlier Bronze Age "walled-town states"; Gojoseon was the most advanced of them in the peninsular region. The city-state expanded by incorporating other neighboring city-states by alliance or military conquest. Thus, a vast confederation of political entities between the Taedong and Liao rivers was formed. […] But the ancient kingdom also appears as a prosperous Bronze Age civilisation, with a complex social structure, including a class of horse-riding warriors who contributed to the development of Gojoseon, particularly the northern expansion into most of the Liaodong basin.>> 

And <<These people practised agriculture in a settled communal life, probably organised into familial clans.>>

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gojoseon

• Like 4

5 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Still no news about premiere date and tv station for this drama? I’ve been waiting for this since like... forever. Hahaha.

I can’t wait to see Song Joong Ki to be paired with Kim Ji Won. :heart:

This will be a tvN drama, news outlets say the drama will premiere this upcoming May. (Still no official confirmation though, but it will air on tvN)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Still no news about premiere date and tv station for this drama? I’ve been waiting for this since like... forever. Hahaha.

I can’t wait to see Song Joong Ki to be paired with Kim Ji Won. :heart:

Same :unsure: I just wish there was more information out. We barely get to see any pictures of the set. There isn't too much going around. Right now I just hope the show will air on time. 

• Like 1

Okay, so if this airs in May as well, then we will have lots of dramas that will be airing at that timeframe, we have Vagabond, and also Abyss, I believe (not sure about that one though^^). These three are the ones I'm anticipating for :D. Lots of good dramas to look forward into :relieved:.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2018 at 6:50 AM, viktormani said:

Yeah i definitely agree, the staff is insanely good and then we have an insane cast aswell? I can confidently say that this might become the best kdrama and will become something that gets a massive international following as well.

The best k drama is descendants of the sun  and will remain so for long. Yes first episode of this new drama will predictably garner high rating coz of the hype media is giving to the makers , production cost and the cast (as regards actor joong ki....yes he deserves the hype due to his performance in dots....titled as 'national husband wow and I really admire him for it). but my objective side says that doesn't determine success.viewers aren't obligated to watch a movie or series just coz of the big names in crew, cast and high production cost. it remains to be seen if asdal will break the record rating of sky castle which broke its own record...... given that it din't have any big names of the entertainment industry and maybe that's why there was no media buzz about its release.

2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Omoo what happened to her? Did she get hurt during filming? :o

According to the post, here's what happened

Asadal staff added a new incident with Jiwon today. “Last filming, she said her throat hurts so I told her ‘maybe you caught a cold’, and now she eventually got sick. The filming was almost cancelled but she said she’ll make it after having painkillers, I thought she’d get better but she looked so tired ㅠㅠ The chair she was sitting in was so stiff so I offered to lay out a rug for her to sit but she said she was okay. I untied (the rope on) her after every cut, but she said I didn’t have to do that every single time and that she rather feels uncomfortable making me tie it all over again and that she’s thankful ... unnie reallyㅠㅠ I told her ‘ it shows in your eyes how sick you are, please don’t come to filming when you’re sick’ but she was like ‘If I don’t show up we’d be wasting time, we have to finish filming in April’ ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ it’s not even an easy scene, seeing her being tied up all day long breaks my heartㅠㅠ you really really did a great job”

• Like 4

1 hour ago, falakmeer said:

She's not the first to continue filming while unwell.i have come across incidents where artists suffered serious mishaps but continued work. don't doctors continue work when they are themselves I'll ?so why hype about this actress being unwell. I hope the filming gets over soon and kikyo get their precious time together again.

I’ve seen your other posts in this forum and your hatred towards Kim Ji Won is really starting to become obvious.

KJW may not be the first person to continue doing her job while unwell, but it’s admirable nonetheless. Anyone, regardless of their profession, who shows a lot of dedication in their chosen field should be recognized, not dismissed.

She is one of the leads in this drama, and thanks to her continuing to film when she’s sick and not holding back production, your precious Kikyo will be reunited soon. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

22 hours ago, MrEildriz said:

According to the post, here's what happened

OMOO I hope everyone, the casts and the crews will be able to conclude the drama safely and healthy. With all the casts and crews dedication to this project, I hope the drama will go well.

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기 - Song Joong Ki, Kim Ji Won, Jang Dong Gun, and Kim Ok
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen the pictures of Jang Dong-gun in the set and his clothes were completely different than other saguek dramas. It was a lot more primitive. I think this drama has a lot of fantasy elements and is only loosely based on history. This gives the vibe of Lord of the Rings and Game of thrones and if it is even half as good as them, oh boy, it's gonna be popular. Eagerly waiting for this.

• Like 1