[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

So this was actually planned to have many seasons. Well, if K viewers doesn't like it that much, maybe they should consider international viewers and just make it as Netflix exclusive then. The only problem then is if the same cast will reprise their roles. So I agree with you @Miky88. I still have to see a Kdrama with a second season with completely the same cast. This is what I like about Jdramas because they are true to their stories and cast that they always have entirely same cast when they have second seasons or third.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Taelha was having her own private meeting,she wasn't with Saya...She was meeting with her own supporters,mostly her former tribe members...

It's not her tribe members, but Asa Sakan tribe members, and pledge allegiance to her. I wonder what she did offer to Asa Sakan.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, sal2 said:

Here is cast bidding goodbye to the drama. By the way they formulate their words it sound like it is really an end for the  drama. I mean if there really are more season in the work would they not tease it? just wonder. 

Arthdal Chronicles” Cast Thanks Viewers In Final Goodbyes As Drama Comes To An End

Sep 22, 2019
by L. Kim

The cast of “Arthdal Chronicles” shared their thoughts as the drama came to an end.

“Arthdal Chronicles” tells the story of heroes who write their own legends in the mythical land of Arth. The drama was composed of three parts, each of which contained six episodes. “Part 1: Children of Prophecy” and “Part 2: Turning Sky, Rising Ground” aired earlier this summer, and the final episode of “Part 3: Arth, The Prelude to All Legends” aired on September 22.

Jang Dong Gun, who showed off his excellent acting skills by portraying the charismatic Ta Gon, shared, “The character Ta Gon was very different from the roles I’ve taken so far, so there were many difficulties, but I did my best to work hard. It’s hard to believe that ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ is over. It was an honor to participate in a great work with good people, and I had a great time.”

For Song Joong Ki, who played both Saya and Eun Seom, it was his first time playing a double role in a drama. He commented, “Although there were some difficulties in playing a double role for the first time, it was fun. I was greedier than ever because the vast and deep story was so fascinating.” He then sincerely thanked the director, writers, and production crew for their hard work and also expressed his gratefulness to the viewers for watching the drama.

Kim Ji Won, who played Tanya, a shaman of the Wahan Tribe and a true descendant of the gods of Arth, said, “It feels surreal [that the drama has come to an end] when I remember the many hours that we spent filming with ups and downs for more than eight months. It was a great honor to work with great actors, writers, and director. Just as characters change as they learn over time, ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ was a drama that gave me new experiences and lessons. I want to thank the viewers for waiting so long and for being with us.”

Kim Ok Bin took on the role of Ta Gon’s lover Taealha. She shared, “I was very attached to all of the staff, including the director, writers, and actors. We worked hard together, so it feels both sad and bittersweet that I won’t be able to see them anymore. I really want to say thank you to the viewers for their support and love over a long period of time.”

The production crew also thanked the cast, crew, and viewers and asked the viewers to watch the the drama until the end.

These farewell speech from the casts really made me anxious. Knowing Korea with their drama that have seasons, they tend to change most of the main casts. Exceptional for Age of Youth and Queen of Mystery or maybe Voice series. And these series have a total new plot for the new season. They rarely made drama like Arthdal seasonal. Cause drama like Arthdal already established plotline and it need to follow what has establish. Maybe Kingdom is an exception too. But Kingdom is 100% Netflix produce. Arthdal is Netflix-TVN. Hopefully if TVN didn't pick this up, Netflix will pick this up. I'm really rambling here because I'm so anxious of the confirmation for Season 2. Pardon my words....

4 hours ago, Donatog said:

Season 2 SPOILER .....

The Xabara of Momo tribe is surprised to find a man and his shield on a beach

here will be a war between Arthdal kingdom and Ago tribal union. Eunsome and Saya come across each other in the battlefield.

That shield has the same finger shape pattern as the mysterious invaders who destroyed Lemus, the Taealha tribe’s homeland.

Tanya is caring of wounded Saya. When he comes to consciousness, Tanya is surprised to find that he is not Saya but Eunseom.

Tanya is caring of wounded Saya. When he comes to consciousness, Tanya is surprised to find that he is not Saya but Eunseom.

Tanya is hurriedly going to somewhere, riding a black horse which looks like Kanmoru.

The legend of Arth will be continued. 

p.s. OK. This pictures came from the ending of Arthdal Chronicles episode 18. (tvN)  

Wow, didn't know that the shield is same as the invaders that destroyed Hae Tribe's homeland...

Tanya is indeed riding Kanmoreu. Because she called the horse his name, "Helper" in the animated preview. The name she gave during 2nd episode.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, tarjig said:

I too hope there is a second season! I feel like there was no closure to this drama.  Eunseom was only a few steps closer to being the leader of the tribes and to making his own country.  I really wanted more.  I really needed the trio to meet and for the Neanthals to assist Eunseom. I want to see the fall of Tagon.  I feel like Tanya is no more than a puppet be because of Saya.  And if Tanya can hear thoughts, why didn't she hear Saya's thoughts about the Wahans?  And when the Wahans were huddled together, why was Taelha there? I have so many questions.  

So bring on Season 2 next year.  I really want closure!

I have a feeling Tanya cannot hear everyone's voices. She only hear those that are without voices. Therefore, I don't think she can hear Saya or Tagon and only can hear Yangcha. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, naori87 said:

I have a feeling Tanya cannot hear everyone's voices. She only hear those that are without voices. Therefore, I don't think she can hear Saya or Tagon and only can hear Yangcha. 

She also heard Saya's voice once when they were at the cave. And her father too. Perhaps it depends. We still don't know how her power works.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ironB said:

Guys, I need answer. The Red Claw are spies planted by Tagon, but now they switches allegiance? Am I right?

no.. the red claw is just one person. Suhana the elder of the Tae Tribe. She didn't switch allegiance. Tagon needs Ago tribe to be a threat so they can have an excuse to start a war to divert people's anger towards him. So, I think Ago tribe having a united leader is a welcome to Tagon's plan. 

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

She also heard Saya's voice once when they were at the cave. And her father too. Perhaps it depends. We still don't know how her power works.

do you remember the episode? I want to rewatch it cause I don't think I recalled that. 

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts
  • Like 4

Aarrghh I cannot help to feel so frustrated over the ending!

I know there should be more episodes / seasons but if it’s true (June 2020) I can lose the excitement I have now. Hopefully it will be sooner!

So that’s why Tagon had been ignoring Ago tribe news, he wants the war!

It’s all written in ‘Country 101’, king, country, flag, war etc.

I want to say I love how this drama can portray ‘the beginning’ of our society at this age.

We were like Wahan tribe before, grateful for what we have and live as brothers and slowly we become like Arthdal people, greedy, hungry of power, manipulation and taking sides.

Mungtae is perfect example how we often to overlook morality which we have in order to live, even though he doesn’t know why he must live.

Tagon showed us no matter how righteous we want to be, there will be hurdle, and once you give in, you can’t go back, just moving forward and be heartless. It’s all depends on our choice.

Tealha showed us the pain of betrayal and power is limitless. She once blinded by her love for Tagon only to find Tagon become the man she wanted, but he doesn’t want to share.

Saya reflected our children who grow up as what we taught them. Child become what they learn from their parents / closest person. 

I totally LOVE when Tanya named ‘subject’ as ‘baek seong’ which in Korean means Baek = Hundred, Seong = Star.

I don’t know if that’s the true origin in their history but I was in awe when she said ‘now you are at the lowest but you can be whatever you want and be higher’ things like that I don’t remember details.

So beautiful and deep.

I really hope this drama will come back soon (in the meanwhile, I’m looking forward to Nokdu’s Tale so I’m not too sad atm. Lol)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

17 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, I am not disappointed by the ending, even if it looks right now like an open ending. We saw how Tagon and Eunseom could rise and now they are about to fight against each other. We know for sure that Eunseom will win because every prophecy has come true. Tagon will lose in the end, Arthdal has already been cursed by Tanya and Tagon is not aware of it. 

At the end, the viewer realizes that the union between Taealha, Tagon and Saya has been broken. Saya knows now about the existence of a twin brother... he is aware that Tagon is hiding something from him. Tagon plans to use Taealha's child to have his real heir... In other words, Tagon will never proclaim Saya his heir. Finally, Tagon and Taealha have already planned to betray each other, just like they promised each other in the past.  

I agree with you that this is the end of the tale....and a beginning.  On one side is the start of true civilization which often coalesce into larger entities like country, nation, empire.   On the other side is the formation of more loosely associated federation of tribes.  The former nation/empire clearly has an advantage in manpower and weaponry (the discovery of steel) and a warrior class (they have more wealth so can devote time and treasure to train a professional army...like the daekan group).   they also has better organization and a clear war plan...they know what they want and how to do that.  Plus they have a city wall to protect their city.... many attacks by barbarians against cities have failed due to the attackers running out of food and have to leave.

the fedieration has strength in a united leader (temporarily, unless he gets killed) but their war plan is unclear, disjointed, and the tribes too independent and may not stick together when things go bad.  They don't have as much training either.  Their last advantage is that they are familiar with their home terrain and can do ambushes against the attackers.   they better stay on the defense of their homeland to stand a chance against the nation/empire.

Throughout history there are many cases of large empires unable to conquer small states and both exist concurrently (England and Scotland, Yuan Dynasty and Annam....).   So the thought by some Soompian that Eunseon people will ultimately win is highly premature.

In any case this reader does not think they will make a sequel (although that would be highly interesting in how the writer think of what is important, freedom or orderliness ….or both).

• Like 2

I haven’t watched the last episode (hopefully for season 1 vs the final end of show) and came here to see if there will be Season 2. After reading the posts, why am I still confused and not sure (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`). Prays for continuation...

• Like 4

On 9/22/2019 at 12:42 PM, Donatog said:
On 9/22/2019 at 12:38 PM, herina_90 said:

:cry: it's very clear that this ending was written with a second season in mind. basically nothing at all was resolved.

Reveal hidden contents

EunSeom hasn't made it back to Arthdal, Saya just found out about EunSeom (well he looks rather betrayed too), NunByeol is reinstating her full Neanderthal powers, Mubaek hasn't done much about the new prophecy, the sword bell and mirror have not come together, Father YeolSon is still figuring out the trick to forging steel, Taealha has a whole new goal... And clearly, the way Tagon starting a war with Ago will see a clash directly with EunSeom.

I'm feeling rather unsatisfied because there's no guarantee of the next season. 

If you have Instagram , there’s an announcement made, this is just season 1, season 2 starts in June 2020. Thats the schedule in Netflix

I knew that there had to be a second season because as @Donatog pointed out, nothing has been resolved.  I was hoping that it would be sooner, than later; however, I can wait until June.  From previous comments, it might be a three season drama.  I am okay with that also if I get a satisfying ending.

• Like 3

I still havent watch all episodes of Part 3 .. haha I already had a premonition that this will have an open ending because 18 episodes cannot just wrap everything all up and now I'm afraid to watch it because of what I heard about the ending. And even if  season 2 and 3 are pretty much confirmed, I am scared that I will have to wait for a long time and the cast will change so I'm still debating if I will watch the show or not. :( :(

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 1:39 PM, ahnyuna said:

IGood-morning!! Well, at least i was lucky enough to began my day with this wonderful news:

yay!! on a side note how do u add insta post to ur comments?

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 8:02 PM, Kookies&Cream said:

Aarrghh I cannot help to feel so frustrated over the ending!

I know there should be more episodes / seasons but if it’s true (June 2020) I can lose the excitement I have now. Hopefully it will be sooner!

So that’s why Tagon had been ignoring Ago tribe news, he wants the war!

It’s all written in ‘Country 101’, king, country, flag, war etc.

I want to say I love how this drama can portray ‘the beginning’ of our society at this age.

We were like Wahan tribe before, grateful for what we have and live as brothers and slowly we become like Arthdal people, greedy, hungry of power, manipulation and taking sides.

Mungtae is perfect example how we often to overlook morality which we have in order to live, even though he doesn’t know why he must live.

Tagon showed us no matter how righteous we want to be, there will be hurdle, and once you give in, you can’t go back, just moving forward and be heartless. It’s all depends on our choice.

Tealha showed us the pain of betrayal and power is limitless. She once blinded by her love for Tagon only to find Tagon become the man she wanted, but he doesn’t want to share.

Saya reflected our children who grow up as what we taught them. Child become what they learn from their parents / closest person. 

I totally LOVE when Tanya named ‘subject’ as ‘baek seong’ which in Korean means Baek = Hundred, Seong = Star.

I don’t know if that’s the true origin in their history but I was in awe when she said ‘now you are at the lowest but you can be whatever you want and be higher’ things like that I don’t remember details.

So beautiful and deep.

I really hope this drama will come back soon (in the meanwhile, I’m looking forward to Nokdu’s Tale so I’m not too sad atm. Lol)

Me too, I don't like the naive Tanya before but I love Tanya now, she's clever but she isn't malicious. I hope she will remain the same.

• Like 4