[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기

Its such a half-hearted finishing.... Are they giving us a preview into season 2/ part 4 or was the viewership so low that they briefly end this whole drama in sketches? Kinda dissappointed.... :cold_sweat:

At the back of my mind, i think there's more to it. The daughters of Dr. Harim. The Neanthals. Waiting game...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kdrama_luv said:

Its such a half-hearted finishing.... Are they giving us a preview into season 4 or was the viewership so low that they briefly end this whole drama in sketches? Kinda dissappointed.... :cold_sweat:

At the back of my mind, i think there's more to it. The daughters of Dr. Harim. The Neanthals. Waiting game...

With this ambiguous ending, they can drop the drama at the last moment....and stab us in the back.

I hope that this is just a preview (a sample because nothing was filmed yet ). Let's cross fingers.

See you next year, i hope !

• Like 1

Article from Korean herald ....

Money today (Korean economy newspaper)’s article on Studio Dragon’s stock price
September 14, 2019 

이어 “아스달연대기는 이미 시즌3까지 넷플릭스와 계약이 체결되어 있어 흥행유무가 판매매출에 미치는 영향은 제한적“이라며 “아스달연대기의 높은 제작비 (시즌1 기준 500~550억원 추정)가 부각되나, 시즌1의 수익성은 BEP(손익분기점)로 추정돼 실적에 미치는 영향은 크지 않은데다가 광고단가는 파트3에서도 여전히 2070만원으로 최고 수준을 유지하고 있다"고 강조했다.

The Arthdal Chronicles has already signed a 3 season contract with Netflixso the impact of TV ratings on sales is limited.“  Despite its high production budget (approximately 42~46 million US dollars for entire season 1), the profitability of Season 1 is estimated to be a break-even point (BEP), so the impact on earnings is not significant. In addition, the unit price of advertisement is still at the highest level in part 3 of the Arthdal Chronicles, at KRW 20.7 million (about 17,410 US dollars). 

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01436646622618152&mediaCodeNo=258

Edaily’s interview with President Jang of KPJ (the drama production company of the Arthdal Chronicles)
September 8, 2019 

카리카가 극에서 차지하는 비중도 점차 늘어날 전망이다.

장 대표는 “카리카는 은섬(송중기 분)의 은혜를 입고, 은섬의 세력에 규합이 되어 조력하는 존재로 극에서 활약할 예정”이라며 “실제 극에 등장하는 비중보다 더 많은 비밀을 품고 있는 인물이다. 이번 Part3에서도 매 회 등장하겠지만 시즌 2가 방영되면 카리카가 차지하는 극의 비중이 지금보다 훨씬 커질 것”이라고 전했다.

아울러 “모모족과 아스, 연맹장 타곤(장동건 분) 사이에 얽힌 비밀을 풀 열쇠가 카리카에 달려 있다”며 “앞으로도 활약 기대해달라”고 덧붙였다.

Karika(the Xabara of Momo tribe)’s scenes in the drama are expected to increase gradually.

President Jang said, “Karika will act as a supporter who is united with the forces of Eunseom (played by Song Joong-ki). She has more secrets. Of course, she will appear in every episode of Part 3 (of season 1), but when Season 2 begins to air, Karika’s role in the drama will be much bigger than it is now.

“The key to unlocking the secrets between Momo, Arth, and union leader Targon (played Jang Dong-gun) depends on Karika. ” he added.

Did they finish filming everything? They held a wrap up party already. 

They finished filming just season 1 (until episode 18.) 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Donatog said:

Article from Korean herald ....

Money today (Korean economy newspaper)’s article on Studio Dragon’s stock price
September 14, 2019 

이어 “아스달연대기는 이미 시즌3까지 넷플릭스와 계약이 체결되어 있어 흥행유무가 판매매출에 미치는 영향은 제한적“이라며 “아스달연대기의 높은 제작비 (시즌1 기준 500~550억원 추정)가 부각되나, 시즌1의 수익성은 BEP(손익분기점)로 추정돼 실적에 미치는 영향은 크지 않은데다가 광고단가는 파트3에서도 여전히 2070만원으로 최고 수준을 유지하고 있다"고 강조했다.

The Arthdal Chronicles has already signed a 3 season contract with Netflixso the impact of TV ratings on sales is limited.“  Despite its high production budget (approximately 42~46 million US dollars for entire season 1), the profitability of Season 1 is estimated to be a break-even point (BEP), so the impact on earnings is not significant. In addition, the unit price of advertisement is still at the highest level in part 3 of the Arthdal Chronicles, at KRW 20.7 million (about 17,410 US dollars). 

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01436646622618152&mediaCodeNo=258

Edaily’s interview with President Jang of KPJ (the drama production company of the Arthdal Chronicles)
September 8, 2019 

카리카가 극에서 차지하는 비중도 점차 늘어날 전망이다.

장 대표는 “카리카는 은섬(송중기 분)의 은혜를 입고, 은섬의 세력에 규합이 되어 조력하는 존재로 극에서 활약할 예정”이라며 “실제 극에 등장하는 비중보다 더 많은 비밀을 품고 있는 인물이다. 이번 Part3에서도 매 회 등장하겠지만 시즌 2가 방영되면 카리카가 차지하는 극의 비중이 지금보다 훨씬 커질 것”이라고 전했다.

아울러 “모모족과 아스, 연맹장 타곤(장동건 분) 사이에 얽힌 비밀을 풀 열쇠가 카리카에 달려 있다”며 “앞으로도 활약 기대해달라”고 덧붙였다.

Karika(the Xabara of Momo tribe)’s scenes in the drama are expected to increase gradually.

President Jang said, “Karika will act as a supporter who is united with the forces of Eunseom (played by Song Joong-ki). She has more secrets. Of course, she will appear in every episode of Part 3 (of season 1), but when Season 2 begins to air, Karika’s role in the drama will be much bigger than it is now.

“The key to unlocking the secrets between Momo, Arth, and union leader Targon (played Jang Dong-gun) depends on Karika. ” he added.

Did they finish filming everything? They held a wrap up party already. 

They finished filming just season 1 (until episode 18.) 

Yes they ended filming before airing of the drama started. Here is the cast sending goodbyes notes. So it is very clear that episode 18 is the very last episode of this drama.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354016wpp/arthdal-chronicles-cast-thanks-viewers-in-final-goodbyes-as-drama-comes-to-an-end

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Yes they ended filming before airing of the drama started. Here is the cast sending goodbyes notes. So it is very clear that episode 18 is the very last episode of this drama.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1354016wpp/arthdal-chronicles-cast-thanks-viewers-in-final-goodbyes-as-drama-comes-to-an-end

They finished season 1. There’s season 2 coming in 2020. They haven’t started filming but they will soon according to Korean herald. 

• Like 5

Ok. I read the live recap hurriedly to know the ending. Is it the ending just like that?! I am so confuse now. It feels like there will be more stories to come, but the actors have finishes filming. 

Does anybody have the leak from somewhere? The bts scene that have not shown yet? I am confuse. Super confuse now. 

Where is my ending? Did propecy came true? Please enlighten me.... 

On 2nd tot, 

Lets go to sleep. Tomorrow is a working day. Nite. I will make up the ending in my dreams then. Hmm... 

• Like 2

i have to wait till tomorrow to watch ep 18 with eng subs :tears: but with ep 17.. saya is really cruel.. he gives me the creeps and impression that he actually delighted in seeing people in pain (or fear) :crazy: i felt sad for taelha.. for a woman so independent and strong, she finally found her true love tagon but he changed for the thirst of power.. its like, betrayal.. but she is quick to recover and rebound stronger as a threat.. i’m not too sure if the pregnancy is real though.. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Donatog said:

yay! more karika!! i like her :wub: the momo tribe has so much faith, and i like how they interpret all the waters in the world is connected and is their home.. thats so.. unified :lol:

• Like 4

wow what a episode!!!So Tagon has a spy woman in Ago Tribe that informed him about the new hero of Ago TRIBE and his enemy...so Tagon is ready for war he wants to conquer EAST...but the AGO tribe that has a new leader...there must be a second season

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, andy78 said:

wow what a episode!!!So Tagon has a spy woman in Ago Tribe that informed him about the new hero of Ago TRIBE and his enemy...so Tagon is ready for war he wants to conquer EAST...but the AGO tribe that has a new leader...there must be a second season

I too hope there is a second season! I feel like there was no closure to this drama.  Eunseom was only a few steps closer to being the leader of the tribes and to making his own country.  I really wanted more.  I really needed the trio to meet and for the Neanthals to assist Eunseom. I want to see the fall of Tagon.  I feel like Tanya is no more than a puppet be because of Saya.  And if Tanya can hear thoughts, why didn't she hear Saya's thoughts about the Wahans?  And when the Wahans were huddled together, why was Taelha there? I have so many questions.  

So bring on Season 2 next year.  I really want closure!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

:cry: it's very clear that this ending was written with a second season in mind. basically nothing at all was resolved.

Spoiler

EunSeom hasn't made it back to Arthdal, Saya just found out about EunSeom (well he looks rather betrayed too), NunByeol is reinstating her full Neanderthal powers, Mubaek hasn't done much about the new prophecy, the sword bell and mirror have not come together, Father YeolSon is still figuring out the trick to forging steel, Taealha has a whole new goal... And clearly, the way Tagon starting a war with Ago will see a clash directly with EunSeom.

I'm feeling rather unsatisfied because there's no guarantee of the next season. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

:cry: it's very clear that this ending was written with a second season in mind. basically nothing at all was resolved.

Hide contents

EunSeom hasn't made it back to Arthdal, Saya just found out about EunSeom (well he looks rather betrayed too), NunByeol is reinstating her full Neanderthal powers, Mubaek hasn't done much about the new prophecy, the sword bell and mirror have not come together, Father YeolSon is still figuring out the trick to forging steel, Taealha has a whole new goal... And clearly, the way Tagon starting a war with Ago will see a clash directly with EunSeom.

I'm feeling rather unsatisfied because there's no guarantee of the next season. 

If you have Instagram , there’s an announcement made, this is just season 1, season 2 starts in June 2020. Thats the schedule in Netflix .

• Like 8

Reason why I love Arthdal so much:

1. They're making their own world
2. With their own map and various geographic landscapes
3. Thus they have so many tribes, speaking totally different languages
4. More over it begins with a story about Neanderthal (Neanthal) and Homo Sapiens living and surviving at the same time!

I bet those who enjoy The Hobbit, Harry Potter, Inheritance series (Eragon, Brisingr) would be so thrill to watch Arthdal!!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Donatog said:

If you have Instagram , there’s an announcement made, this is just season 1, season 2 starts in June 2020. Thats the schedule in Netflix .

Could u post the link,or post made?

so is it legit that they will do a SEASON 2 in 2020? (if so,please let it be true,with the same cast otherwise it will be just as worse as this open unfinised ending they tossed at us)

• Like 3