[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

3 hours ago, balletgoddess said:

So I rewatched episodes 1 & 2 to pick up all the foreshadowing with a better understanding and all I have to say is when a drama can make you feel emotional for the death of one of the bad guy this case Moo Kwang (the screen when his old brother and the Daekans saw his dead body) that is superb.

I had forgotten that he was the one who shot the arrow to burn the hut hiding all the children of the Wahan Tribe when they invaded their village. With all his wrong doings I should have been glad to see him gone. But I had mixed emotions of sadness and relief cause he was also a product of his environment and what he's been shown to be accepted.

This is a very well written drama and great acting.

Giving me all the feelings and keep up the great work!!!

talk about stockholm syndrome lol 

24 minutes ago, hell59 said:

How is this drama ending tomorrow? It still looks like a lot of unresolved issues!

Yap, I don’t think it will end tomorrow. Season 1 will end tomorrow but season 2 will be next year. Hard to wait! But , it gives us something to look forward to. 

SJK and Xabara have chemistry though. If the article in Naver is correct, we will see them a lot in season 2 cause Xabara will be Eunsom closest ally. 

• Like 4

It looks like the next ep will only see EunSeom riding towards Arthdal? Are we not even going to get Tanya and EunSeom meeting again? Or will Saya be the only one to find out he has a twin, because no one will be able to tell EunSeom that.. Very little Tanya today and no Yangcha :( I can't picture the ending either..

• Like 3

I dont think I've read anywhere there will be more season. Even the actor/actress have finished filming. 

Since early, we were shown the brutality of Tagon. He refrained himself to get to the top, to make people love him. Its his nature. Saya was brought up to be like him. Tough. But, Saya is much creepier, he has a dark side. Well, someone who silent might be the most dangerous. He killed a man without a guilt, the opposite of ES. 

I was hoping the ending will be ES and Tanya back together. Saya might parish for a greater cause. Who knows. The Wahan back to their village but they gain knowledge from their stay in Arthdal. 

Err... Where is the Cha Eun n her sister, Nunbyeol? We need her to continue the lineage of blue blood. Pure blood. 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Donatog said:

Yap, I don’t think it will end tomorrow. Season 1 will end tomorrow but season 2 will be next year. Hard to wait! But , it gives us something to look forward to. 

SJK and Xabara have chemistry though. If the article in Naver is correct, we will see them a lot in season 2 cause Xabara will be Eunsom closest ally. 

Has a season 2 been announced?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, herina_90 said:

It looks like the next ep will only see EunSeom riding towards Arthdal? Are we not even going to get Tanya and EunSeom meeting again? Or will Saya be the only one to find out he has a twin, because no one will be able to tell EunSeom that.. Very little Tanya today and no Yangcha :( I can't picture the ending either..

I initially thought this drama will end in this season. But to see that many things are still unresolved and the reunion haven’t even happened yet, i am starting to think we have to wait for more seasons. I don’t think it is going to happen any time soon either. 

The ending for this season may leave me feeling...deprived of resolutions.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I initially thought this drama will end in this season. But to see that many things are still unresolved and the reunion haven’t even happened yet, i am starting to think we have to wait for more seasons. I don’t think it is going to happen any time soon either. 

The ending for this season may leave me feeling...deprived of resolutions.

I agree with you that the writer has planned another season as the first season only showed Tagon's rise as the future king of Arthdal. I don't expect a showdown between Eunseom and Tagon in the episode 18. It is too soon as Eunseom has just started gathering his "followers". He won't just unite the Ago Tribe but also the other tribes whose members were sent to the mine in D. I have the impression that the Red Craw is Ipsaeng's uncle who works as spy for Tagon. 

The fight between Taealha and Tagon will definitely weaken Arthdal... 

• Like 5

On 9/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, ironB said:

He is brutal, even in the first episodes, so it's no surprise how he acted that way. He devised the annihilation of the neanthal, remember.

Thats true, he is brutal. My impression of him, however, is that he is still extremely calm except for his igutu situation. He was pleased when the neanderthals were killed in the first episode. I think that Tagon keeps his goals in mind no matter what so even madness would stray him away from fully achieving them. 

• Like 2

Today's episode misses a lot of people in the frame... 

Nweanthals are missing

YangCha is hiding

Kanmoroe is lost

Nunbyeol and ChaEun are homeless

And someone is leaving. 

Momo Tribe Xabara Karika is now signing off..  

Aigoo many unresolve cases and we are at our last drop. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, iamlatika said:

Today's episode misses a lot of people in the frame... 

Nweanthals are missing

YangCha is hiding

Kanmoroe is lost

Nunbyeol and ChaEun are homeless

And someone is leaving. 

Momo Tribe Xabara Karika is now signing off..  

Aigoo many unresolve cases and we are at our last drop. 

Karika said that Eunseom could come to her tribe if he ever wanted to escape, maybe foreshadowing that when everything is done, he will go to Momo tribe, the Wahan tribe has changed and most of them do not want to go back to Iark anymore.

• Like 4

Does Saya know Tagon is not his birth father? Taelha’s pregnancy reveal is unexpected. If she keep treating Saya like a puppet, he will definitely plot against her very soon. Boy cannot forgot who kills his love.

ever since ep 1 when Tagon planned to kill all of the Neanthdal and Igutu, I never feel pity for him. He is willing to wipe out entire tribe just to please his father. They are his mother’s family and so is his but boy has no remorse. 

hope the second season will be more focus on ES, this season is mainly on Tagon’s rise and Arthdal.

anyway XABARA IS LOVE! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ohh so we are down to last episode and sadly it seems it’s tagon vs taelha... sad i want them forever and ever as lovers... but taelha is tagon’s great enemy because taelha knows all the secret of Tagon. 

——

what a great acting by song joong ki as Saya, though he must be a know it all guy, but look at his reaction about hallucinogen, a reaction like ‘ why i have never thought of it’ ? From a very confident man to a lost boy reaction ....

——

i think there are no more season, tonight is the last episode cuz they’ve shown vagabond (the next drama, which i do not have any plan to watch lol) 

• Like 3

I can't believe the series is going to end tonight. Feels like there's still so much story left to be told, but I've enjoyed the story so far and admire the skills of the writers in weaving together such an amazing story. The characters are indeed very well developed, but it does seem like there's a lot unresolved as many of you have mentioned. 

Have shared more of my thoughts on episode 17 here:

https://kdramaanalysis.wordpress.com/2019/09/21/arthdal-chronicles-episode-17/

• Like 2

OMG ep 17 had me taking to my screen...there IS NO WAY the series ends with tonight’s episode. 

Spoiler

It was such another great episode. Finally Eunseom gains momentum and a bunch of followers. Tagon is becoming the classic ‘power corrupts all’ example and letting his ego really believe that he is a god.

The whole set up re Saya being told by Tagon that he will be the heir to the throne and then when Taelha was counting - I knew she was pregnant!! So now I can see how Saya would turn against Tagon if he later chooses the new baby. 

Taelha is is such a great character too and man, I never liked her father but during the last scene, they made me emotional anyways. Kudos to the writers for making feel for the bad people on the show.

• Like 5