[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

3 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

There are so many speculations on S2 coming up but nothing has been confirmed as it requires heavy $$ investment and the time schedule to arrange all 4 actors to film back again.

yeah you are right... but when it comes to money if Netflix will buy the rights i'm sure they can pay everything... they can even afford some A-list hollywood stars now.. There are lots of movies and series nowadays originally produce by Netflix,  budget wise I'm sure they can... if many will petition for another season. The problem is the availability of actors..

• Like 9

One of the most impactant production's cost was the "Arthdal" city, built only for filming this drama. Another season would be way cheaper than the first, so I don't think money would be a problem.

I've read somewhere that an executive or something of Studio Dragon said there was a contract signed with Netflix till season 3, but we'll only be sure by the end of this weekend.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ahnyuna said:

One of the most impactant production's cost was the "Arthdal" city, built only for filming this drama. Another season would be way cheaper than the first, so I don't think money would be a problem.

I've read somewhere that an executive or something of Studio Dragon said there was a contract signed with Netflix till season 3, but we'll only be sure by the end of this weekend.

the way they name the parts are funny, some times they call it part 1/2/3 sometimes its called season 1/2/3

• Like 4

i will be so disappointed if they rush the ending. But again, on twitter people say there is season 2 but no confirmation yet. I think studio dragon sold the first season to Netflix so they did not loose money even ratings is not sky rocketed as critics anticipated. (but it was leading the cable rating on their time slot ), So having season 2 depends on Netflix and studio dragon. It will be cheaper to have season 2 cause all the props are built and people now are paying attention to the uniqueness and quality of the drama. With regards to the actors I think they will accept it with the exception of SJK, I'm pretty sure he will demand more TF knowing he have a lot of projects offer. 

Anybody knows how to request Netflix? I will sign any petition demanding for season 2 ;)

Asadal Chronicles will be doing seasonal format like Netflix's Kingdom

renderTimingPixel.png

The 'first season' is scheduled to air on May and they already announced the production of Season 2 which will be broadcast on 2020.

'Asadal Chronicles' is a drama revolves around the power struggles, love and growth of the ancient city of Asadal, the capital of Gojoseon.

The announcement of the season of 'Asadal Chronicles' is raising expectations with the popularity of Netflix original series 'Kingdom'. 

'Kingdom' is a hot topic worldwide immediately after broadcast the and has now entered season 2 production. It has been evaluated to open a successful horizon in the Korean drama series, which is hard to find in the season. 

'Kingdom' and 'Asadal Chronicle' have a lot in common. The production cost of the Kingdom is 20 billion won ($20M) based on 6 episodes, and the cost of an average Korean drama is 10 billion won ($10M). The 'Asadal Chronicle's production costs is worth 40 billion won ($40M).

Studio Dragon, the production team of the Asadal Chronicle, predicts that when the season continues, the cost of the investment will decline because it is possible to reuse the set. In addition, it is easy to form a fandom, so it can generate additional profits through the OSMU business using intellectual property rights. 

They believe that 'Asadal Chronicles' will continue the success of the seasonal Korean drama after 'Kingdom'

The drama 'Asadal Chronicles' starring Song Joongki, Jang Donggeun, Kim Jiwon, and Kim Okbin is scheduled to air on TVN in May.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have not watched the Game of Thrones yet; however, I do not think there is an comparison.  This drama hit it out the ballpark.  All of the actors are amazing.

This drama shows that human nature never change; some people are inherently good, like Eunseom, and some are inherently evil.  The same political struggles existed then as now.  What makes the show so fascinating to watch is that people, though primitive, still have the need for power, (to subdue others), worship the divine creator, and have the need to discriminate against others based on an arbitrary standard.  

I love this drama and what makes it more enjoyable is reading your comments, insights, and theories.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, donatog2019 said:

I think they will accept it with the exception of SJK, I'm pretty sure he will demand more TF knowing he have a lot of projects offer.

Sure, but I don't think he would have the heart to refuse playing a character like Saya. It's an great opportunity to him show that he can be more than a soldier, he can be a psyco too kkkk

Seriously, I guess the contract for the main characters had some topics previewing a multiple seasoned drama, they were just waiting for the ratings and public reaction to confirm it. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ahnyuna said:

Sure, but I don't think he would have the heart to refuse playing a character like Saya. It's an great opportunity to him show that he can be more than a soldier, he can be a psyco too kkkk

Seriously, I guess the contract for the main characters had some topics previewing a multiple seasoned drama, they were just waiting for the ratings and public reaction to confirm it. 

I just hope they won't only judge rating from korean public and take the input from international review/rating as well.

Different between Kingdom and Arthdal, Kingdom was fully Netflix production. It was not aired on TVN or other cable broadcasting station in Korea. Different with Arthdal. 

If they really decided to pursue with seasonal on this drama, and if TVN doesn't feels like to pursue, hope Netflix can fully take on this. 

Seriously, another 2 episodes wont be enough to conclude everything.

And I really respect and love the work from these writers so I really wish they'll wrapped up this drama nicely.... 

• Like 7

so happy. Found this article dated September 14 2019. There is 3 season of Arthdal Chronicles. Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Erika will be the main lead in Season 2 , nice!

Nothing special. it’s about economic article about stock price of Studio dragon. It says Arthdal Chronicles signed a 3 season deal with Netflix. That’s all.  

I thought the parts are equivalent to seasons. There are 3 parts meaning there are 3 seasons. Seriously, it’s long and the ratings aren’t that high. 

No, what we are watching right now is part 3 of season 1 (NOT season 3). Arthdal Chronicles was supposed to make 3 seasons (total 54 episodes) from the beginning   

Surprisingly, Arthdal Chronicles is selling the most TV commercial at the highest price in the Korean drama industry even though its rating is so so. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, donatog2019 said:

so happy. Found this article dated September 14 2019. There is 3 season of Arthdal Chronicles. Yahooooooooo!!!!!

Erika will be the main lead in Season 2 , nice!

Nothing special. it’s about economic article about stock price of Studio dragon. It says Arthdal Chronicles signed a 3 season deal with Netflix. That’s all.  

I thought the parts are equivalent to seasons. There are 3 parts meaning there are 3 seasons. Seriously, it’s long and the ratings aren’t that high. 

No, what we are watching right now is part 3 of season 1 (NOT season 3). Arthdal Chronicles was supposed to make 3 seasons (total 54 episodes) from the beginning   

Surprisingly, Arthdal Chronicles is selling the most TV commercial at the highest price in the Korean drama industry even though its rating is so so. 

i couldn't found the article. but i think what they mean "part" is same as "season". so, the total is 18 episode. it doesn't decided whether they will continue to produce another season. although, personally i'd love to have another one. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, ahnyuna said:

At 1'30'', Jang Dong Gun says that ES And TY will dance together again, and SJK confirms.

Maybe for Tanya to persuade the people of Arthdal to accept him they will do the sacred dance together. Since Aramun is Asa Sin’s messenger, he would have to do something that would prove he knows Asa Sin, and not just Tanya. 

Momo tribe are amazing and I am still totally in love with Xabara. Although for a moment I actually thought they were going to turn into mermaids when they dove in after Eunsom :sweatingbullets: Haha. I love the way Xabara never gives simple orders like ‘go save him!’ It’s a rallying cry like ‘Warriors of the water! Charge!’

Although... I have been wondering whether that’s the Momo tribe’s role fulfilled? I mean, they repay kindness - if he saved Xabara’s life and she saves his, aren’t they equal now? I don’t think I saw them in the trailer for next week (I’ll check again later, but I think they only mention the Ago tribe?) But... maybe she owes him a bigger debt because he saved her child as well? Or they will team up to revenge Sateunik? I really wish they’d just tell the Momo tribe about Sateunik already and we get to see the Momos in full attack mode! 

What is is happening to Tagon with the undereye bags?? I hope not madness, because that would be a bit of a cop out, I feel. Tagon is a brilliant villain because we can empathise with him - he’s complex, and intelligent, and you can see why he commands loyalty. He strategises and doesn’t do things without reason. I would like Eunsom and Tanya to go head to head with Tagon as a King (who bet his whole life on the principle that the ends justify the means) who believes in bringing the tribes together under one powerful leader, rather than in a union which can be broken up. (The way Mihol is always holding Arthdal to ransom over the secrets of the Hae tribe is an example of the union being fragile).

I would be disappointed if Tanya and Eunsom were to go against Tagon as a brutal madman who has lost the essence of who he is.  It would make him too much of a ‘evil baddie’ which is not what 16 episodes so far have presented him as. And it would mean that Tanya and Eunsom are not presented with a proper interesting moral dilemma.

I really appreciated the writers showing Tanya choosing to punish the Asa clan because it gave her a real dilemma and forced her to stop playing the innocent.  Arthdal/Civilisation is complex, and there is no simple right and wrong sometimes. I think it would be good for the writers to give Eunsom a similar dilemma. As much as I love him, he and Saya have had very little character development. They are who they were at the beginning. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Tagon going mad would be like what happened to Daenerys in GOT. Man, that would be super disappointing. He was shown to be extremely clever and calm throughout the whole series and it would be a betrayal for him to just quickly flip his character with just one terrible situation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i just want to praise this scene, where Tanya is having a small gathering with her wahan tribe

Tanya (as a God) wants her people to go back to Iark, but the opposite, her people shown the 'material things' they've acquired in arthdal, and forgot where they came from and their values. One wants power, (mungtae) the rest are settled with their new acquired material things... and Tanya's face is so disappointed (somehow) she has been hearing things she is not expecting to hear,  then there is Doti ( a child) .. very innocent saying if Tanya wants to go back to Iark she will....

Daebak this scene! it's like, in a religous context, man are truly blinded by material things, and made me think of this quote in the bible:

'Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it '.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Raquel Bastian said:

it's like, in a religous context

Girl, I had to stop a lot of scenes in this drama just to cry. There are lots of lines and plots that can be aplied to religious context, even the theme song "The Poem of Destiny" its almost a description of Jesus's second coming. The scene that touched me more was when Ipsaeng ask Eun Seom why he  was putting his life on danger just to save him, despit of Ipsaeng fails. Same way Jesus did for us, as St. Paul said:

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us"

• Like 4

On 9/19/2019 at 8:13 AM, Bleepsies said:

Tagon going mad would be like what happened to Daenerys in GOT. Man, that would be super disappointing. He was shown to be extremely clever and calm throughout the whole series and it would be a betrayal for him to just quickly flip his character with just one terrible situation.

He is brutal, even in the first episodes, so it's no surprise how he acted that way. He devised the annihilation of the neanthal, remember.

• Like 2

So I rewatched episodes 1 & 2 to pick up all the foreshadowing with a better understanding and all I have to say is when a drama can make you feel emotional for the death of one of the bad guy this case Moo Kwang (the screen when his old brother and the Daekans saw his dead body) that is superb.

I had forgotten that he was the one who shot the arrow to burn the hut hiding all the children of the Wahan Tribe when they invaded their village. With all his wrong doings I should have been glad to see him gone. But I had mixed emotions of sadness and relief cause he was also a product of his environment and what he's been shown to be accepted.

This is a very well written drama and great acting.

Giving me all the feelings and keep up the great work!!!

• Like 5