[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I know, I know it wont happen but I can't help but ship them... because Tanya and YangCha are shippable in my eyes. hehehe Everytime I saw scene of them being together, I can't help but root for them.  Hahaha my Shippers Heart.

tumblr_pxwsb9lKa71u2dd0eo1_640.gifv

Well after watching these scene a couple of times, I came to realize what will YangCha's role on Tanya's dream in obtaining power. She told Tagon & Taealha that she learned her lesson but since she have nothing and no land to stand on her own she found her way what kind of land she will stand as her own and that's "The hearts of the people". YangCha being mute all his time might be the first person to open his heart and change his mind.  Since Tanya can hear his thoughts he can talk to her freely and maybe she can cure his sufferings. I can see the look on YangCha's eyes confused and concerned at the same time. There are some secrets that Tanya is hiding which only he knows but he never told Tagon about it rather he kept it to himself. So I think he has his own opinion about it too. Now that Tagon appointed him as her guard I'm sure YangCha will eventually change sides, and Tanya will get her very own first power(YangCha) whose supporting beside her.

tumblr_pxwsb9lKa71u2dd0eo4_640.gifv

Spoiler

tumblr_pxwsb9lKa71u2dd0eo2_640.gifv

tumblr_pxwsb9lKa71u2dd0eo3_640.gifv

tumblr_pxwsb9lKa71u2dd0eo5_640.gifv

tumblr_pxwsb9lKa71u2dd0eo6_640.gifv

He's reaction when he was told that he will guard Tanya be like "Why is it always me?" 

• Like 7

On 6/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, Kookies and Cream said:

My history research so far.

1. Asa Sin (Great Mother, Asa clan) and Risan = original 'mother' and 'father' who went to south (Iark)

2. Aramun Haesulla = God of union, Asa-sin's envoy, represented by (hammer of the wind, lonicera flower, and kanmoreu).

It's clear that ES and Tanya are Aramun Haesulla who will bring end to the world.

3. Great White Wolf = I believe she is Asa Sin (Great Mother) , Wahan's mother.

She came from Arth, thus explained why she said 3 rules that Wahan's tribe must obey (not climbing the cliff, not planting seeds, and not taming animals). This explains why Wahan speak same language with Saram because they are same descendants.

4. Wahan's Great White Wolf prophecy: “The one who breaks the shell shall appear on the day the Azure Comet appears, along with death. And the Wahan tribe shall no longer be the same.” This is confirmed to be a curse, the cursed children, ES and Tanya are the one who will bring end to Arth.

5. Cheonbuin (heaven items): It is said that 3 heaven items were giving life to the world and shall be the end of it as well. It appeared 20 years ago (assuming when ES and Tanya were born). Those are: sword, bell, and mirror. Asa Sakan said Asa Sin brought those things with her when she left to Iark. I believe the byeoldaya that Mubaek found at sacred tree in Iark is one of them. Hence, Choseol Mother told Tanya to find it and draw the symbol that can only be found on the back side of real byeoldaya (not the fake one in the white mountain). Sword and bell are currently unknown.

What we know is,  Asa Sin and Risan went to Iark, away from Arth. Aramun chased them there, riding his horse Kanmoreu.

Question is, why they went to Iark in the first place? They were quite similiar to Asa Hon and Ragaz in terms of blood (although Risan is prolly a Saram, not Neanthal). Before, I think Aramun is their son but in eps 2 it said that he is Asa Sin's envoy. Hence what is the real identity of Aramun? If he's an igutu, who's his parent?

Anyway, it's clear that it's Tagon (Saram, eventhough he's an igutu) versus ES and Tanya (Aramun). Why does Aramun come back and want to end Saram (Arth) whilst he's the founder of it? While we all know the cliche answer, but really what does he want? For people to go back and live freely in nature like Wahan Tribe? Or to have monarchy, king and all? (cos Tanya supposed to be the first politician or something). Looking forward to next episode and how things will turn out!

I just rewatched eps 1 and I found something interesting. It seems like Neanthal's language is reverse version of Korean.

Pay attention to Sanung and Rankruv scene. When Sanung said he wants to 'join hand' Rankruv said "ekk mah" which is reversed from "ham kke" = "together" in Korean.

Also Rankruv said "human" as "ma ras" which reversed from "saram" = people / human

I can explain this the whole day but I think the evidence is enough. Haha. I can't believe I just realized it now.

This is very insightful, but some items can now be updated.

2. Aramun Haesulla is also Inaishingi

3. The Great White Wolf is also Asa Sin

4. The Great White Wolf's prophecy is the device she needs to propel Tanya to be her vessel. Wahan Tribe is Tanya's curse that ties her down. In order for her, ES, SY to fulfill the prophecy they needed those drivers.

5. The heavenly items, TY = bell, ES = sword, SY = mirror

6. Inashigi legend was he survived the waterfall and united the clans of ago and you see the sickle that ES will come back for is  hammer of the wind. Inashigi must be Aarmun Heasulla before he came to Arth. 

As for why did Asa Sin and Rissan go to Iark in the first place. I believe Asa  Sin and Rissan is TY and ES and they are just returning to the place they were most at peace with and started from. and SY will continue to be in Arth and carry on with the civilized world until a time where Arameun Hessulla and Asa Sin will return. 

• Like 9

The judgement of the waterfall marks a turning point in Eunseom's life. When he is drowning in the water, he wonders if this is his end. And he is right because this represents his death as Eunseom and his rebirth as Inaishingi, the one who reunites the tribe. Inaishingi is a god in the eyes of the Ago Tribe so that his survival will make them see him as Anaishingi. No ordinary man could survive this fall and the tribe knows that. 

Actually, it makes sense why Eunseom had such a terrible journey. His initiatory voyage had a purpose. Not only did he learn new things (power, follower, weakness as sin etc.), he also sticked to his principles no matter what and he was right. His past teaching proved him right. He was able to convince Ipsaeng that kindness and trust should be the real basis of any relationship. Eunseom's move was really clever because by giving Ipsaeng the opportunity to choose to betray him, he ensured that Ipsaeng could no longer blame the world, but only himself... From that moment, Ipsaeng was no longer a victim but a perpetrator, someone who chose to make this world like this: betrayal is a normal thing. I actually admire Eunseom for his perseverance and strength. Despite DS's harsh treatment, he was able to forgive and to get recognition from him. He is so positive, even in the moment where he thinks, his life is over, he challenges the Myo tribe and fights against the warriors. He even criticizes them for their stupidity. So despite his "defeat", he is not giving up. 

With such bases (trust and kindness), Eunseom will be able to get real power. On the other hand, Tagon is losing his power. He might be the king now but he has no longer the support of people, Tanya has won people's hearts. Tagon is making a huge mistake, when he believes that he still has some power over people due to fear. No, because he will be hated and people are only waiting for the right opportunity to betray him. Now, the doubt has spread in Arthdal... Tagon's method, sowing doubt among people, that was used to weaken the Ago tribe, is now happening to Arthdal and the Union but he is not aware of that. 

Taealha made a huge mistake with Tagon. She thought that once she is his queen, she can get pregnant and her child will become the heir, the crown prince. However, since Tagon hates himself so much, he will never want to have his own child. That's why he is about to announce that Saya is his son and his heir as he is not really related to him. They only share the same nature, both igutus. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I think for the sheer amount of characters in this drama, more episodes should have been added to the 18. 

ES has been flailing nonstop for the past 16 episodes and we finally have some sort of breakthrough today. I just want to say that out of all the characters, I find him the least interesting because he's a spot of pure white in a world of grey. And I think that's why he doesn't fit for me in this show because everyone else seems to have more layered intentions whereas he's just forever doing the good thing. Which is awesome in real life but sucks to watch onscreen.  He's like the antithesis of Robert from GOT where Robert conquered and then had no freaking clue what to do. ES would make an awesome King but his path there seems to be by sheer luck and literally, the wills of the god. 

hahaha it's been a while since I've been back on the forums, but here I am intrigued by your comments.

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but personally for me, I find Eunseom the most fascinating. It takes someone of extraordinary caliber to be able to withhold their stance on what they feel is right, so for me he isn't just someone who is just good but someone who is mentally strong. His honesty, transparency and resilience are traits that have lead him to this journey. To be betrayed so many times, yet not fall into the trap of becoming manipulative or falling into deep despair takes amazing strength. Eunseom is pretty much the embodiment of hope and sheer perseverance. In essence, he's an open book who's altruistic nature is what makes him so alluring to others. 

These days there's been so many antivillian characters in dramas and films today with multiple layers, and backstory etc but I appreciate the transparency of character's like Eunseom :). There isn't anything wrong about being the light in the world of grey. The world isn't so grey sometimes. 

I love the contrast between the two journey's, there's the fast paced dynamic political power struggles in Arthdal with multiple strong characters and the organic growth of a rising leader, and his followers. Once everything comes together whoah...

Man there needs to be a second season, there's so much characters that I'd love to see more e.g. Neanderthals, Xabara 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I have the impression that Saya will torture Mihol in order to get the secret how to make bronze. Once the leader of troup from the Daekhan returns to Arthdal and sees Saya, he will realize that Saya is an igutu because he is the mirror of the igutu he tried to capture. Either he is killed because he has discovered the secret or he tells Tagon about the existence of the igutu who has the same face than Saya.

I believe that Eunseom's dream about Mungtae is important  for Mungtae's future as he saw him killing brutally people. This is no longer a simple betrayal because he wanted to survive. If Eunseom had returned before, he would have forgiven Mungtae as he forgave Ipsaeng many times but I sense, this won't be the case any more. Mungtae chose power and selfishness over principles. He has now blood on his hands which can not be washed away. He committed real crimes.

• Like 4

I rewatched episode 1 and for I do not feel sympathy towards Tagon. He strategy killed almost all the neanthal (his mother’s people) possibly his mother too. The goal does not justify the means.  This is where ES is different from Tagon.

• Like 6

This is the only kdrama that I've consistently watch since the start of the year.  I am guessing something is off if I'm no longer into it as I used to be. 

I've read most of the comments here and tend to agree with most of them namely   @bebebisous33 ,  @kasjady and  @naori87. However, somehow I disagree with Saya becoming a ruler as he is too much like Taelha and Tagon in terms of seeking power and method of ruling.  Due to their influences he has disregard for humanity and respect for fear, manipulation of it, super strength etc.  He does not really distinguish good and evil, for him the end justifies the means as long he gets what he wants.  Once ES returns, its the fulfillment of the prophecy, but what's next?  ES's is now rising in power and no one in Arthdal knows that with exception to Tanya and may be Mubaek who has hope for the prophecy of a new world.  Also a part from the fall of Arthdal, what does ES truly want, yes he is learning to become a leader but what would be his end goal once he reaches it.  Tagon wants to conquer the world with Taelha, Saya wants to continue that legacy but ES-what will he want or do?

Being Igutu/Neantal - is considered evil, monster and a curse.  I think its important to understand how this has affected the 3 men.

Tagon - hates himself and it for being Igutu, which was brought about his father and how he was raised.  As such he tries to hide it and at the same time is not hesitant in using its power as a symbol of death. He thought if he started a peaceful rule, he will be admired by the people etc.  Instead he became a true monster

Saya - sees being Igutu as an advantage in terms of power, being rulers/domination over everything. He's no better than Tagon, he destroys and manipulates people mentally.

Eunseom - learns to embrace being an Igutu due to how he was raised and his experiences.  In that he is recognized as an Igutu but is also due to his actions being accepted as one by other tribes.  His symbol on his back, now a flag represents the changes.  He does not have to hide being an Igutu and apart from the one moment of weakness is not ashamed of being one.

I understand Tanya & Doti wanting to return to the Iark as they miss the peaceful, simple life before becoming slaves, now freed.  However, they have all changed and its not as easy as before the Wahan tribe is no more as they have seen and learned many things.  The wise woman of the Wahan tribe felt sorry for Tanya as she died because she saw what was to come and now Tanya has to deal with it due to being the spiritual head of Arthdal.  

Take care.

• Like 6

@chasen8888 I agree with you about Saya. Saya can not become the future leader of Arthdal, just because he is the twin brother of Eunseom. He is the mirror, which means to me, that he is the fake image of Aramun. Saya might be able to convince Tagon that Saya is in reality Aramun Haesulla. Tagon is supposed to be Aramun Haesulla but this is just a trick and Tagon is a non-believer. 

Furthermore Saya has become Taealha and Tagon's son hence he represents a bigger thread. In my opinion, he is different from Tagon and Eunseom as he is proud of being an igutu. He sees himself as different, even superior because he thinks, he is the only young igutu living. He seems himself as special, especially due to the Aramun cult. Aramun is supposed to be an igutu hence he thinks he is linked to Aramun.

Seeing him torturing someone (I suspect Taealha's father) with a smile on his face indicates his sadistic side. Eunseom is not proud of his identity as such but he has accepted it. Since he has no tribe, he thinks that he should treat everyone with kindness and respect as he hopes to be respected as well. Don't forget that in the past, his biggest wish was to be recognized as a member of the Wahan tribe. He saw himself as one, although the shaman refused it. I suspect that deep down, he is looking for acceptance like Tagon but he is using other means: kindness, trust and selflessness. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Ep. 16 finally focused on Tanya and Eunseom and I used to think they may changed too much to later on be together but this episode actually proved me wrong because fundamentally they are struggling with the same problem: how to gain power and do so in a moral way etc. 

I also really enjoy Eunseom and Ipsaeng’s scenes in this episode - it finally paid off (what the writers have tried to do to build their relationship to a believable bromance lol). I enjoyed the whole waterfall judgement fiasco. 

The other key scenes that really stuck with me were: 

-Tanya realizing her tribe has changed and only her and Doti longed for the old ways. Then her turning the game (against T&T) and continue to gain people power was well done. It was powerfully done.

-Saya over hearing the whole sword, bell and mirror and catching his name but not fully understanding and also knowing that Tanya is hiding something. Oh wait does Saya know yet that she can read minds (I don’t think so yah?)

• Like 10

I like the scenes between Yangcha and Tanya, and also the

Nunbyeol's fight scene.

Everyone is slowly starting to show their real nature.

Poor Tagon, he doesnt know that he already lost the war.

Right now there is nothing that can stop Eunseom.

Saya seems to be as physically strong as Eunseom.

I dont want the two of them to be enemies.

It would be nice if Saya and Eunseom were able to at least slightly make up 

for those lost years when they were separated by others.

• Like 5

@rocher22  my most anticipated scene is the reunion of T and E but Immediately follow by when the twins will meet tooo! I can’t wait and praying that both scenes will happen in the next two episodes or gosh...the wait lol. We will have to come with a coping mechanism if they leave us hanging for 2 years or more lol...

• Like 6

There is no way they can wrap everything up in two episodes. I mean they need to focus on how ES gathers his army of many tribes (if not just Ago or Momo) and his attack on Arthdal, the reunion of Wahan & ES, reveal of Twin birth story, the Aramun Heasulla and fall of Mihol, Taelha, and Tagon. I feel like there will be another season. 

• Like 9

Hmm...in order to end the world, there shld be a showdown. I hope it will not end up with Saya and Eunsom. When you have so much power, u will be afraid to lose it. Taelha's dad probably sowing discord. He ultimately wanna still be king.  

2 episodes to the end, I wonder how they can show ES gaining men n power n the other side with all messed up power struggle n killing. 

Tanya being very upset with herself for putting her people in current state and also feeling uncomfy with Saya's affection. She cannot bring herself to tell him the truth abt wat he saw in the dreams is the memories of his twin and she has no affection for him at all. She was merely using him as her partner( in crime). But I must say she really shook the 2 Ts up when she announced at the trial that the punishments would have been worse if not for her. The make up for Tagon is really gd as his face look so sick n sunken ever since he sat on the throne.

• Like 7

I applause the entire team including all the excellent actors and the writer who had done an awesome job for making this great story a success one in this phase, despite of the low rating. This drama often made me relate to those ancient roman history and Genghis Khan history that involved the selling salves between the tribes and the power struggling during those days. The storyline, the made-up costume, the special effects and the beautiful scenes made this fantasy story even more fascinating and captivating.

With only left with two EP,  and I know time is limited, but I really wish to see the following :

1. More on Neathals storyline development otherwise it will be a pity if the actors had been spending so much time and effort for the special make up and learning to speak the special language.  This fantasy genre drives me even more curious about the Neathals blood and their strength in physical movement and swift action.

2. I understand the distinctive features of an Igutu being is its blood which runs purple, similar to how Neanthals have blue blood (literally both blood colors have different blood color from humans), but the storyline did not elaborate more in details about their character distinctive, except only the blood and their swift action.

3. ES turns into a smart leader that can unite several tribes together, it may be a time jump at the end(?). His current status is still very pure, innocent and weak, (not a skilled fighter yet) as he can only learn thru each encounter during the journey. I really hope that the writer allows him to meet a wise man, a mentor who can inspire and motivate him to achieve to a higher level. Currently, he and his Ipseng are still in exploring and struggling mode from each encounters. 

Lastly, the special make up and costumes for both actresses (Tanya and Taelha) were looked very elegant and beautifully dress up. The men's costumes were well fit to the roles too.

Let's see how the writer can end with a big bang or leave a tail for sequel. :D

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

I applause the entire team including all the excellent actors and the writer who had done an awesome job for making this great story a success one in this phase, despite of the low rating. This drama often made me relate to those ancient roman history and Genghis Khan history that involved the selling salves between the tribes and the power struggling during those days. The storyline, the made-up costume, the special effects and the beautiful scenes made this fantasy story even more fascinating and captivating.

With only left with two EP,  and I know time is limited, but I really wish to see the following :

1. More on Neathals storyline development otherwise it will be a pity if the actors had been spending so much time and effort for the special make up and learning to speak the special language.  This fantasy genre drives me even more curious about the Neathals blood and their strength in physical movement and swift action.

2. I understand the distinctive features of an Igutu being is its blood which runs purple, similar to how Neanthals have blue blood (literally both blood colors have different blood color from humans), but the storyline did not elaborate more in details about their character distinctive, except only the blood and their swift action.

3. ES turns into a smart leader that can unite several tribes together, it may be a time jump at the end(?). His current status is still very pure, innocent and weak, (not a skilled fighter yet) as he can only learn thru each encounter during the journey. I really hope that the writer allows him to meet a wise man, a mentor who can inspire and motivate him to achieve to a higher level. Currently, he and his Ipseng are still in exploring and struggling mode from each encounters. 

Lastly, the special make up and costumes for both actresses (Tanya and Taelha) were very elegant and beautifully dress up. The men's costumes were well fit to the roles too.

Let's see how the writer can end with a big bang or leave a tail for sequel. :D

There is still much to be told, eg Mihol story, Neanthal story after ES is gone and why they appeared again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, naori87 said:

There is still much to be told, eg Mihol story, Neanthal story after ES is gone and why they appeared again

Haha, yes they are many "Unfinished Businesses" in this drama, which unlikely happened ALL in this phase. i listed out my comment hoping that it may help the writer and his team to review our comments in this forum, as i understand from some sources that the drama editor or writer may read forum comments locally, and the regions that outside of Korea, depending on their schedule as they need to study the rating statistic for improvement. :D:w00t:

There are so many speculations on S2 coming up but nothing has been confirmed as it requires heavy $$ investment and the time schedule to arrange all 4 actors to film back again.

My guess for this phase will end with a positive light, ES coming back with his troops (aka combine tribes) to Arthdal and the falling of the TG and TH kingdom. (may be time jump??)

The last part TG may say to ES before escape : "I will be back" after defected by ES team !! :w00t:

The climax of the drama will be the 3 key roles to meet : TA (bell), ES (sword) and SY (Mirror) - let's see if this peak will show in this season or in the sequel. Counting down :lol:

• Like 8