[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

just watched ep 15 and so many different thoughts. Agree with @Donatog it's hard to see how this will end in 3 episodes.

Spoiler

Tanya's powers are slowly coming out when she naturally read Yangcha's mind. Since he doesn't speak, Tanya will be the only one who will know what he's thinking, and I'm wondering if he might get a more impt part to play in the final battle + I hope we find out why he's been forbidden from speaking. I'm pretty sure he knows that Tagon is an Igutu since he was the only one allowed there when Tagon questioned the Wahan.

I was happy to see Nunbyeol be the one to take down Mugwang - finally Tanya's foretelling came true - because I honestly did not expect it. I sort of thought the other 2 Neanderthals will come by to rescue Nunbyeol and be the hand that pulls out the heart (although thinking back now, they seemed to have travelled v far away from Arthdal since they came across Eunseom...) 

I was annoyed to see that Wahan traitor again. Like really, couldn't we have skipped his own strive towards standing on the side with power - there's enough story to do without him imo.  From the preview, it looks like Mubaek told Tanya of the prophecy from Asa Sakan of the 3 children, so it will be interesting to see which way Tanya will move next. Interestingly Mubaek doesn't seem to be on the side of stopping them given the prophecy was that they "destroy the world"...

• Like 4

Episode 15 was very good. Time flew by and again the writers have done an excellent job. I love love how strong all the female characters are in their awesome ways. 

Spoiler

What a blood bath from start to end of the episode. T & T still going strong and I really love how committed they are to each other. Can I say that I laughed that the big Mohawk soldier survived a throat cut because of his neck fat?!? I laughed pretty hard at this ridiculousness. They better have a reason to keep him alive. Also, we all knew that bad soldier’s time was coming but I didn’t think it would be N that did the deed. It was very satisfying to see him realize the truth. He keeps doing evil so it was just.  I feel sorry for Dr and his family - I really didn’t want the Dr to die. Also, it is interesting what they did with the big Wahan traitor - becomes the brute for Tagon. I hate his character but it is realistic what fear and survival will do to a person. Bring on the next episode! 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Donatog said:

So many characters and little screen time given to the main lead, frustrating :(

I know what you mean... also I know this show isn't big on romance but the amount of time showing Tagon and Taealha's commitment to each other while we have zero EunSeom&Tanya scenes for the past 10 episodes.....  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Najoua Soussi said:

Since some episodes, i was afraid that Tanya was falling for Saya but today's episode gave us an answer when she said...

Hide contents

...that Eunseom was different from Saya AND Taegon, that he was good. Well, first, she linked Saya and Taegon together and we know that she dont really like Taegon but using him in order to survive and get revenge for her clan. Secondly, she may not have any grudge with Saya but she clearly drew up the boundaries between her side and he is not included while Eunseom is.

OMG I am so surprised about the events I am sad because with episode 15 it shows how ES and Saya are both different how he smirked or smiled when Wahan traitor beated to death those people complaining it was sad to see him excited about that I don't know what his role will be played later on it is amazing but I can't wait for tomorrow and for ES to get stronger I hope Shakara finds him 

• Like 3

I just finished ep 15. It's bad enough to wait a week for 2 eps. Can't imagine how bad the wait will be for the next season (I am just gonna assume or make sure they give us a season 2 LOL). It's a pity the show didn't live up to expectations in Korea but like everyone else here, I hope the international reception helps to ensure the story can continue. I find it so refreshing and fascinating, with a lot more potential in so many characters' arcs and backstories and more. More people need to love it!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Regina Goh said:

I just finished ep 15. It's bad enough to wait a week for 2 eps. Can't imagine how bad the wait will be for the next season (I am just gonna assume or make sure they give us a season 2 LOL). It's a pity the show didn't live up to expectations in Korea but like everyone else here, I hope the international reception helps to ensure the story can continue. I find it so refreshing and fascinating, with a lot more potential in so many characters' arcs and backstories and more. More people need to love it!!

ikr... Arthdal is very well loved internationally... me personally.. and i want it to be 50 episodes... lol... 

• Like 4

This is the highlight of today's episode.. [Mugwang's Demise] 

Since Season 1 Tanya curse Mugwang on how his life will end, and the most awaited scene is now happening.

"Underneath the crescent moon a hand will rip out your heart. You're Too Late are the last words you'll ever hear."

Spoiler

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo1_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo2_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo3_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo4_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo5_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo6_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo8_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo7_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo9_540.gifv

tumblr_pxu6bnaVVo1u2dd0eo10_540.gifv

• Like 6

Yangcha smolders like no other. That is my expert opinion after watching this episode.

Seriously though, in an alternate universe I would so watch the spin off of Tanya ruling like a boss queen and the love story between her and her handsome bodyguard. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Claudia Ximena said:

OMG I am so surprised about the events I am sad because with episode 15 it shows how ES and Saya are both different how he smirked or smiled when Wahan traitor beated to death those people complaining it was sad to see him excited about that I don't know what his role will be played later on it is amazing but I can't wait for tomorrow and for ES to get stronger I hope Shakara finds him 

Since Saya is the symbol for mirror... he is the one who will reflect the light that reflects the world around him, and the light is a powerful symbol of wisdom and awareness. 

We all know that Eunsoom is the light (Aramun Haesulla), Saya's role will carries the truth and reflect what the truth is. He will represent as the barrier between conscious and the unconscious mind of everyone else. So it is understandable that Saya reacted that way while Tagon command to beat those tribe leaders, coz that's the truth is. He already know what kind of evil man Tagon is, he even said to Tanya "We need to turn that sadness into fear". So he knew what Tagon will do, even how many times he deceive people with his good leader act, truth will eventually come, Tagon's evilness will show and Saya mirrored it already.

• Like 4

At least Ep 16 preview shows quite a lot of airtime for EunSeom and the Ago tribe - and best bit is Xabara is back! I have this feeling end of Ep 16 will show the scene where ES survives the waterfall and becomes the Ago tribe's "god" where they start throwing him up into the air. ES will have 2 strong tribues behind him so Ep 17-18 will then be free for all to overtake Arthdal and see who comes out the best. 

• Like 4

Finally had time to watch the episodes, just marathoned eps 13-15. And man, ep. 15 is just so action packed, but kinda brutal, esp. that last part where that Wahan traitor just hammered those guys.. ugh. And I was surprised to see the big downfall in the ratings from ep 14's 7% to 4% (?).. too big of a difference. That's probably the reason why. 

It was so heartbreaking to see those innocent people killed in ep 15, Chae Eun's family, god, what did they ever do to those guys?? But am glad to see Nunbyeol finally awaken his Neanthal blood and ripping Mugwang's heart... oddly, I feel sorry for him, even though he's been a horrible person. He should have listened to his hyung Mubaek. And now that Mubaek witnessed what Tagon has become, what will he do now? 

I was actually feeling for Tagon considering his childhood and all... all the efforts he's built up was all in vain, and when he said to Taelha that he hopes Tanya to be alive because Arthdal will turn into a complete chaos that it needs someone good on top of that or it will be too sad otherwise. But that ending in ep 15, that feeling just.... poof... gone. I still understand him, though, very much.. but I cannot say I really like him. He's so bent on people liking him that he's willing to do anything to fulfill that. And I still cannot forget what he did to the Wahans and Neanthals. 

I feel like the plot has been moving more around  TG, TY and Taelha, while ES has been consistently quite the same since the beginning.. because now, he's captured.. again... I know he's going to end up having so much allies but I think they could have done it way better as to not look like he's almost on the sidelines.

At the end, I just wish all the good people survive, ES, TY, the good Wahans, Ipsaeng, Dalsae, and that big guy who was with Dalsae (don't know his name), Mubaek... who else? 

Some questions I had in mind...

= why did Rottip just let ES be, saying it's all meaningless now. He could have at least told ES what he knows. What is actually their purpose? Is that the last time we will ever see them?

= what will TY do now, even though she gains power, yet she seems to be so powerless, how will she use her position/power to bring about change. I wish she also knows how to fight just like Taelha coz I wanna see her kick some asses too :D. Btw, I also love when Yangcha saved her and even using his hand to protect her... hehe... particularly when she was reading his mind. They also have chemistry when TY was so concerned about his bleeding hand :sweatingbullets:. And he was kinda taken aback by her kindness ^_^

I wanna see more of Tanya's capability and giving prophecies to every people telling them how they're gonna die :joy:... now that the most anticipated death of Mugwang has already been fulfilled. She needs to let people know how scary she can be as well... ha ha.. where people will fear her and fear for their death ^^...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Some questions I had in mind...

= why did Rottip just let ES be, saying it's all meaningless now. He could have at least told ES what he knows. What is actually their purpose? Is that the last time we will ever see them?

= what will TY do now, even though she gains power, yet she seems to be so powerless, how will she use her position/power to bring about change. I wish she also knows how to fight just like Taelha coz I wanna see her kick some asses too :D. Btw, I also love when Yangcha saved her and even using his hand to protect her... hehe... particularly when she was reading his mind. They also have chemistry when TY was so concerned about his bleeding hand :sweatingbullets:. And he was kinda taken aback by her kindness ^_^

=When nweanthal Yiseuroobeu & Rottip visited Nunbyeol they told her that in order for the nweanthal to survive they need her since she is the last living female nweanthal left alive. In order for nweanthals populations to grow but bcoz of ChaeEun, Nunbyeol turn them down that's why when Rottip saw ES he said to himself its meaningless now since Nweanthals will cease to exists, but I think NunByeol will change her mind this time since the people that raised her (ChaeEun parents) are dead. And since Nweanthal have their very own connections like a telepathy maybe they will feel NunByeol's agony and will come to rescue them.

=Yeah one thing that i'm concern about is Tanya's fate during Tagon's domination since he became a ruthless king that being feared by everyone.. I have a feeling YangCha will follow and help Tanya. It was said that YangCha is a Gosal (Revengeful Spirit) and Tanya can talk to spirit maybe, maybe both of them can understand each other. I really have a feeling since we can see how concern YangCha is when it comes to Tanya.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, iamlatika said:

=Yeah one thing that i'm concern about is Tanya's fate during Tagon's domination since he became a ruthless king that being feared by everyone.. I have a feeling YangCha will follow and help Tanya. It was said that YangCha is a Gosal (Revengeful Spirit) and Tanya can talk to spirit maybe, maybe both of them can understand each other. I really have a feeling since we can see how concern YangCha is when it comes to Tanya.

Idk if it's the translations but didn't Tanya say, "You are Gosals"... I believe referring to all of them, Yang Cha and the others, even Tagon. So it wasn't specifically just Yang Cha. Since she was mentioning how ES is different from all of them prior to saying that.  

I do wanna see him to be on Tanya's side too, but I think at this point, his loyalty still lies with Tagon. Remember that he was there to protect/save Tanya as per Tagon's order. Unless... okay.. unless, they will really make him an ally of TY in the end. We don't know much about him so I am still not positive about that, unlike in the case of Mubaek, where he may be loyal to Tagon but he questions whether TG is in the right or not, thus, it's safe to say he's on ES-TY's side. 

Off topic: 

Spoiler

Is that Namaikizakari? Your pic? :D

... oh, almost forgot to mention about Erika Karata :D. I actually saw her first in this back number MV perhaps two years ago..

Looks like she'll be like actress Fujii Mina who's gonna be working both in Japan and Korea as she belongs to a Korean company as well. I only watched her in Are You Ready? Hey You Girl movie and I heard her deep voice there. Her Japanese accent here in AC is soo cute :D.. but I love that her voice is deep. She was definitely a scene stealer in ep 13 that I almost forgot about our main heroine Tanya :joy:

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@iamlatika @lightbringer06 About Yangcha: First, he didn't tell Tagon that Saya looks like Eumseom as he obeyed Mubaek's order. So he is close to Tagon and Mubaek. So far, in the past, Yangcha used to follow Tagon's orders blindly but I sense that his relationship with Tagon might change. Tanya could be the reason as she is the only one who can hear his voice. Don't forget that Yangcha is not allowed to speak. Thanks to Tanya's abilities, Yangcha has been given a voice and in my opinion, Yangcha might change and listen to her.

The question is: To whom will the one who survived the attack of NB reveal the incident first? Mubaek or Tagon or a close member of Tagon? 

I believe that Mubaek will hear about it therefore he goes to Tanya and reveals the whole story. Mubaek will realize that Tanya is an important part in the prophecy and he needs her. With this knowledge, Tanya will be able to ensure that the prophecy comes true.    

• Like 3