[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I can't wait for next final episodes!! 

it is a bummer that is not getting higher ratings!! I think that the ratings probably are only constraint to Korea. is that correct?

I was very impressed with the Momo tribe that was soooo cool I hope they meet ES soon and get to throw Arthdal also why the Neanthals didn't stay or help ES I was disappointed in that I was hoping a reunion or kind of letting him know about his mom and dad so he could feel proud of where he comes from :)

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, millicom said:

I was able to find other clips aside from the one posted on this page like this one but unfortunately no english subs

See this Instagram post by @tvndrama.official

I saw the videos but can someone please translate?

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please

Found an article confirming that Arthdal will have a second season for 2020 :

"According to The Herald, Kim HyunYong, a researcher at EBEST Investment & Securities Co. said “There are plans for a season 2 in 2020. Goods, games, and others are ready.

Arthdal-Chronicles-budget.jpg

To read the whole article ( Published May 31, 2019 · Updated September 2, 2019), follow this link:

https://www.kpopmap.com/arthdal-chronicles-2019-drama-cast-summary/

I hope that the disapointing ratings won't stop this project. For the 3 parts, the production started in December 2018 so they have time to cancel the whole thing....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Najoua Soussi said:

"According to The Herald, Kim HyunYong, a researcher at EBEST Investment & Securities Co. said “There are plans for a season 2 in 2020. Goods, games, and others are ready.

To read the whole article ( Published May 31, 2019 · Updated September 2, 2019), follow this link:

I hope that the disapointing ratings won't stop this project. For the 3 parts, the production started in December 2018 so they have time to cancel the whole thing....

The ratings are actually good because this is aired on a private channel. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

hi chingu,

at this rate I just want the series to end, because I feel that Tagon's character has a lot of dimension for his character and I do not know anymore, kinda confused if he is a super villain in the making or what?... sometimes it is much better to have a straight forward villain (like for most kdrama stories) or this kind of writing where you do not know ... left hanging .. with so many questions...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Najoua Soussi said:

Actually, the rating in Korea is steady. So, that will be ok. I think Netflix gained more subscribers that’s why there’s a possibility of season just like kingdom. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 5

Found this article through the investors page......

Jinnie Choi;Studio Dragon;CEO, [4]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. This is Jinnie Choi from Studio Dragon. Studio Dragon recorded a revenue of KRW 128.2 billion in Q2, which is a 72.6% growth Y-o-Y. The diversified programming platform and increased influence with titles such as Arthdal Chronicles, Abyss and Spring Night, programming and sales revenues saw rapid growth, leading to top line improvement. In particular, even with Arthdal Chronicles staying at breakeven point, with enhanced profitabilities of other titles, the company recorded an operating profit of KRW 10.8 billion, which is a growth by 47.3% Y-o-Y.

In the second half, the business [aggressively] maximizing results of bigger-scale titles and also in securing bargaining advantages. Hotel De Luna and Watcher showed good ratings and viewer response. Premium titles such as Accidental Landing and Melting me Softly will give us enhanced results. And with diversified platform, with Dr. John as an example, will provide the business stronger market influence.

Studio Dragon will expand new business models, such as the one for Laborhood. Differentiated content and brand awareness with that -- those competencies, will expand sales markets and discuss with new global OTTs, forming a diversified business model, and in doing so, secure our future growth.

We will continue to gain competitive edge by developing and fortifying our core competencies, and we will fine-tune our IP multi-year strategy. And we'll continue to further differentiate our production capabilities by structuralizing our creative organization. Going forward, we will expand our creative pool to include overseas talent and will continue meaningful growth by securing competitiveness as a global studio.

Thank you.

Another questions related to AC

Sung-Ho Park, Yuanta Securities Korea Co., Ltd., Research Division - Analyst [17]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Interpreted]

First, [with respect to] concert revenue. In the presentation, I heard that the concert constant revenue fetched more than KRW 100 billion this time. Was it largely grounded in domestic concerts? Or does it include numbers from BTS and IZ*ONE overseas concerts as well?

Second question is related to advertisement. In last year, well, I think you have completely overcome seasonality associated with ad business in the first quarter with great contributions from titles such as Mr. Sunshine. And this quarter, second quarter, we have -- so you have the Arthdal Chronicles, which I think has led to a good Y-o-Y number, influenced growth number. And well, given your current content lineup for the third quarter do think you could realize a Q-o-Q growth this time as well. That was just, like, an ad-related question.

And now one question to Studio Dragon on the amortization of Arthdal Chronicles intangible assets. I know that the drama is in parts 1, 2 and 3. So what to expect in method with amortization for the intangible asset there?

Yes. And if I may give you the amortization method related to Arthdal Chronicles. Well, Studio Dragon typically amortizes our intangible assets over 18-month period. And therefore Arthdal Chronicles, we had presales, and the presales were announced, it was amortized. The lump sum was amortized.

So it's an 18-episode drama and 10 episodes had already been aired. And for those 10 episodes, the revenue has been recognized and the cost has also been amortized. And the remaining 8 episodes will be amortized. And for Arthdal Chronicles, for all episodes, I believe the sales recognition and the amortization will be over in year '19.

14 hours ago, Donatog said:

Actually, the rating in Korea is steady. So, that will be ok. I think Netflix gained more subscribers that’s why there’s a possibility of season just like kingdom. 

For once, i really pray for the money to talk !!! Such potentiel !!!

@bebebisous33 : thanks to you, i know that the ratings werent so bad. I was trembling all along, fearing a cancellation ...

Let's pray for it !

Comparing to Arthdal Chronicles, i heard that Kingdom was really well received. It was such daring thing to cross zombies x period drama.

• Like 2

I just caught up and ep 14 was slower than I thought pacing wise but it went by faster in the second half. Better than last episode and it looks like things are about to get interesting lol.

On 9/13/2019 at 6:14 AM, Raquel Bastian said:

hi chingu,

at this rate I just want the series to end, because I feel that Tagon's character has a lot of dimension for his character and I do not know anymore, kinda confused if he is a super villain in the making or what?... sometimes it is much better to have a straight forward villain (like for most kdrama stories) or this kind of writing where you do not know ... left hanging .. with so many questions...

@Raquel Bastian I am of the opposite view. The writing for this show is very strong and it is NOT that things are left hanging but the writers try to portray a multidimensional and realistic characters. In life, many good people do bad things out of a combination of their desires and being shaped by life. Tagon is such a character. Power corrupts and while Tagon isn’t a evil person, he had done many evil things to keep his secret and attain power. He even struggles with his own bad deeds but he justifies it in thinking it is for the greater good. History has so many cases of good intentions causing great harm instead. I appreciate that Tagon isn’t a stereotypical, flat villain. 

• Like 4

So I suppose, Asa Ron will find his demise in this episode... Asa Ron is killed by Tagon. After this "night of long knives", Tagon will purge the administration/the ranks: followers of Asa Clan will be terminated. 

The children from that sect are all professional killers trained by Black tongue. I guess, the Asa Clan has created this group of killers.   

• Like 2

Since some episodes, i was afraid that Tanya was falling for Saya but today's episode gave us an answer when she said...

Spoiler

...that Eunseom was different from Saya AND Taegon, that he was good. Well, first, she linked Saya and Taegon together and we know that she dont really like Taegon but using him in order to survive and get revenge for her clan. Secondly, she may not have any grudge with Saya but she clearly drew up the boundaries between her side and he is not included while Eunseom is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3