Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A very impressive acting by ES/SY (twin's father) , Ragazeu (acted by Yoo Teo), who is from Nweantal, his blue eyes and purple lips were immediately drawn to my attention, didn't know he is such a gorgeous guy after checking his background. A korean actor born in Cologne, Germany.  He is an agile man, his swift movement during the war on 1st EP was stunning although he was killed in the end, anyone noticed that?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

A very impressive acting by ES/SY (twin's father) , Ragazeu (acted by Yoo Teo), who is from Nweantal, his blue eyes and purple lips were immediately drawn to my attention, didn't know he is such a gorgeous guy after checking his background. A korean actor born in Cologne, Germany.  He is an agile man, his swift movement during the war on 1st EP was stunning although he was killed in the end, anyone noticed that?

Yeah he is really an impressive actor. Even tho his scenes were very limited he was able to capture the heart of a lot of viewers. I became a big fan of his after watching his portrayal of Ragaz. :mrgreen:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recap the 1st EP to have a deeper understanding and i realised that it was an intelligent writing from the writer (took 7 years to complete) who raised an underlying question How did we move away from the primitive life to the abundant life of agricultural society, and learn to pick up the bronze weapons and slowly developed into a new kingdom in ancient time (and now people called it nation). As the drama involved with politics, religions, and social issues , these would certainly resonate with us in today life.

 

Interestingly, the writer using four fictional characters to bring out the conflicting historical story which tackled the birth of civilizations and nations, humankind struggle thru their hardship before reaching their goals. Their lives intersect surrounded by power and ambition, love, hate and survival that are inevitable for humankind. The strong vs. the vulnerable characters, how the few tribes combine evolving into a new kingdom will be exciting to see in the next few ep and next season. Using fantasy scenes including the legendary horse and white wolf are adding flavour to the drama to make it more imagination.

 

While everyone wishes to have an utopia society, which unlikely happen in this era due to the human nature, i am sure the key message take away from this drama is to “accept the diversity and encourage people to embrace otherness" so that all human can stay in harmony. My wishful thinking :D:)

 

  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

While everyone wishes to have an utopia society, which unlikely happen in this era due to the human nature, i am sure the key message take away from this drama is to “accept the diversity and encourage people to embrace otherness" so that all human can stay in harmony. My wishful thinking :D:)

well, a tiny population living on this earth could still have a bit of the neanthal blood in them.. or maybe, got “diluted” from igutu to even more negligible further with the sarams..

neanthal + saram = igutu (50% neanthal)

igutu + saram = ?? (25% neanthal)

?? + saram = !! (12.5% neanthal)

!! + saram = ¥¥ (6.25% neanthal)

¥¥ + saram = && (3.13% neanthal)

&& + saram = ££ (1.56% neanthal)

££ + saram = €€ (0.78% neanthal)

 

it takes less than 10 generations to completely washed out the neanthal blood haha :lol: of cos thats not how bloodline works but, oh well.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, chasen8888 said:

@BlueNotes  We are in the second season, its the third season thats in September 2019.

 

@bebebisous33 I do agree with you, the upcoming episode will definitely give us more clarity as to Mubaek's actions and Yeonsol's role which of course is significant in the fight against Tagon.  However, I do want Mubaek to get more information on the Wahan people as he is aware that they are the direct descendants from Asa & Risa.

 

Take care.

Oh thank you :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a surprisingly gentle scene between Mubaek and Asa Hon.

 

Eunseom lost his power for some reason.

I hope that that Mubaek wont leave him, and that he is already going after them.

 

I would like if Tanya atleast kept some doubt for herself about Eunseom's death.

She believed in what they told her so quickly.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 8:54 PM, lebeaucouple said:

I recap the 1st EP to have a deeper understanding and i realised that it was an intelligent writing from the writer (took 7 years to complete) who raised an underlying question How did we move away from the primitive life to the abundant life of agricultural society, and learn to pick up the bronze weapons and slowly developed into a new kingdom in ancient time (and now people called it nation). As the drama involved with politics, religions, and social issues , these would certainly resonate with us in today life.

 

Interestingly, the writer using four fictional characters to bring out the conflicting historical story which tackled the birth of civilizations and nations, humankind struggle thru their hardship before reaching their goals. Their lives intersect surrounded by power and ambition, love, hate and survival that are inevitable for humankind. The strong vs. the vulnerable characters, how the few tribes combine evolving into a new kingdom will be exciting to see in the next few ep and next season. Using fantasy scenes including the legendary horse and white wolf are adding flavour to the drama to make it more imagination.

 

While everyone wishes to have an utopia society, which unlikely happen in this era due to the human nature, i am sure the key message take away from this drama is to “accept the diversity and encourage people to embrace otherness" so that all human can stay in harmony. My wishful thinking :D:)

 

Well in simplest terms, imperialism all over again

 

the one with the best weapon will dominate

humans are not "nice" by nature.. that is the 6th level of maslow's hierarchy, when all needs are fulffilled then arises the need for being "respected" for more than mundane

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Well in simplest terms, imperialism all over again

 

the one with the best weapon will dominate

humans are not "nice" by nature.. that is the 6th level of maslow's hierarchy, when all needs are fulffilled then arises the need for being "respected" for more than mundane

Yes ,  agreed. All history proved that the imperialism would take place because of human nature that hunger for power and vanity. When all human needs are fulfilled, there will be reaching the level of self actualisation, where we could see Tanya would be the one who display the "spiritual world" in this drama, probably in season 3. 

 

I like the theory of maslow's hierarchy which well defined of  human needs and desires. A good ironic example of well written story : "Animal Farm" by George Orwell,  "Can all animals (human) have equal treatment??" A very thought-provoking story when i read this many many years ago, and followed by the hollywood animation movie which i loved it.

 

Evolving from the history until today,  sad to say, we still can see one side of people desire for peaceful and equality world while another side of people hunger for power in this decade.  Look at the current world, big country continue to fight for the land or island ownership because of oil and gas exploration purpose, it would never end. Our world faces a persistent gap in access to opportunities and decision-making power which continue happening in all countries.  

 

I am very curious to see how the writer put the ending for this season 3. I hope his message that he want to send across will not disappoint us. :)

 

Have a sweet weekends to all chingu :D

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

Yes ,  agreed. All history proved that the imperialism would take place because of human nature that hunger for power and vanity. When all human needs are fulfilled, there will be reaching the level of self actualisation, where we could see Tanya would be the one who display the "spiritual world" in this drama, probably in season 3. 

 

I like the theory of maslow's hierarchy which well defined of  human needs and desires. A good ironic example of well written story : "Animal Farm" by George Orwell,  "Can all animals (human) have equal treatment??" A very thought-provoking story when i read this many many years ago, and followed by the hollywood animation movie which i loved it.

 

Evolving from the history until today,  sad to say, we still can see one side of people desire for peaceful and equality world while another side of people hunger for power in this decade.  Look at the current world, big country continue to fight for the land or island ownership because of oil and gas exploration purpose, it would never end. Our world faces a persistent gap in access to opportunities and decision-making power which continue happening in all countries.  

 

I am very curious to see how the writer put the ending for this season 3. I hope his message that he want to send across will not disappoint us. :)

 

Have a sweet weekends to all chingu :D

Hmm.. well to be that 6th phase of self actualization is also not related to spirituality and awakening..

it is just increased hunger for being differentiated from others.. (not sure how ot explain this)

 

But humans are fairly simple, people make it complex when they try to bring in some high end concepts..

 

its just another animal specie

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

 

A silent lurker of this forum and have been watching Arthdal with increasing interest!! Couldnt contain my excitement after watching todays episode!!  This show continues to surprise me in every episode and today's episode was great in terms of revelations!!

 

Cant wait for tomorrow's episode!!

 

My guess is Tanya will tell about ES to Saya pretty soon!! Saya appears to be as good as ES without the naivity!! I just  hope they dont kill one of the leads!! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this drama really hooked me.... i'm a fan of historical drama... and this one is something different... 

im excited when the twins first meet... tanya is the key... today's episode has soo many revelations..., luv it..

 

ps. 

    in regards to SJK's divorcees issue i dont think its worth boycotting the show just bcoz of him... personal and work are totally different....  dont sabotage the drama bcoz of his personal issue... Arthdal drama is soo good, SJK nailed it as well as the co-cast. it was a total package, that you will surely love it.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so difficult to build a nation out of 300 tribes with each one thinking of themselves as independent!  then the scheming of which tribe should be top dog!   Tajon is truly cunning... I accidentally kill my father during the fight since that dujeumsaeng was too fast (a half truth which is very believable)! 

 

Even when he tricks them to revive the ancient ministerial positions...it is to lock up the leaderships of all the main tribes in Arthral where he can control them (you shall be guarded by the Guard, and my troops so that no one can sneak in and kill you  like they did my father)!

 

He is cunning enough to become king!

 

this matter of blood line of the original Asa tribe leading to the dirty savage  Wahan tribe, leads directly to Tanya... the future priestess???  Here is her chance to finding out the meaning of power … after they use her to dethrone Asa Ron.

 

This reader was curious about the name Wa-han….  since any word in Chinese is a mess with many different pronunciations and meanings.   But Wa could be interpreted to mean PEACE.  Han of course is what the Korean call themselves (plus many other meanings).  So PEACEFUL HAN????

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a question. Asa Hon and Asa Rin are not the same person right? From my understanding, Asa Rin is the original descendant of the Asa Clan and Asa Hon was indirect descendant which bore the Igutu that became Aramun? :blink: this story moves fast with characters and sometimes im left questioning who is who.

 

also if im correct, the Neanthals in this episode must be the ones from episode 1 when Asa Hon ran away with Eunseom to Iark.

 

i thought one of them looked like Nick Khun too? I heard he had an appearance in this drama as well. Hmm..

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lebeaucouple said: "While everyone wishes to have an utopia society, which unlikely happen in this era due to the human nature,
i am sure the key message take away from this drama is to “accept the diversity and encourage people to embrace otherness"
so that all human can stay in harmony. My wishful thinking."


These saram accepted harmony by exterminating the neanthal whom they think are dangerous to them and block their expansion into new land and compete with them for resources.
Their tolerance is once they exterminate the neanthal, some saram scholars may write books lamenting the passing of their competitors while other saram go on with their lives and exterminate other saram competitors.
This reader hopes for a realistic ending, not an utopian one where the tribes break up and each go their ways happily ever after.  That just doesn't happen.

 

@sadthe1st said:

said  neanthal + saram = igutu (50% neanthal)
igutu + saram = ?? (25% neanthal)
?? + saram = !! (12.5% neanthal)
!! + saram = ¥¥ (6.25% neanthal)
¥¥ + saram = && (3.13% neanthal)
&& + saram = ££ (1.56% neanthal)
££ + saram = €€ (0.78% neanthal)

 

sadthe1st calculation above, is based on the theory that igutu only have saram to mate with.  In reality, if the original
population of igutu was 2% of the total population, assuming equal mating since the igutu or their descendants look like saram,
and there is no net gain or lost due to some genetic advantage or disadvantage,....
then 1000 years later the % igutu genes mixture is still around 2% in the population, although there will be many more diluted saram with some neanthal genes.  If however, there is a disease resistance advantage, then the % neanthal genes will grow greatly.

 

Asian and Europeans have about 2% dna from neanderthals which originally lived in Europe during the Ice Age.  This occurred when homosapien sapien walked out of africal into Eurasia and mixed with the Neanderthals.
In constrast Sub-Sahara black africans got none of these neanderthal genes.
These dna appears to be code for immunological traits that helped homosapien sapien thrives in cooler environment outside Africa.  Hence these genes are preserved because they are advantageous against diseases.

At least Neanderthal blood was not blue! 

 

@vangsweetie637  asked about the complicated Asa clan....

The original Asa clan line disappeared and the current Asa clan of Arthdal Asa Hon (mother of the Igutu)
and Asa Ron (head priest of White Mountain Tribe) are all from branch line relatives of the original founder.
Asa Sin 200 years earlier was the original Asa Clan woman who descent the Great Escarpment and whose gene lie with the Wahan tribe.


So Tanya is technically Asa Tanya!  God help Hae Tu-ak for punching her again and again!  That woman may be boiled by Taealha or Tagon, even though she is Taealha's confidant!    Strange how life goes, one moment you are top dog, next moment the mutt that everyone shoo and kick.
 

 

  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

If Tanya is to become the first crown-princess of Arthdal,  does this mean she will marry Saya?  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Para12012 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If Tanya is to become the first crown-princess of Arthdal,  does this mean she will marry Saya?  

 

After ep 9, we found out that Tanya is the lineal descendant of Asa Sin, while the others are just indirect and illegitimate/ bastard children. Tagon wants to overpower the Asa so he will need to use Tanya for his scheme. We just don't know for sure what Tagon gonna do? Is he gonna force Tanya to marry his son Saya or is Tagon gonna marry her for himself to secure his own power and get revenge on Asa Ron.

Edited by Moonlightsunline
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's maybe the reason why the Korean wiki wrote that Tanya later will become the most honorable being of Arthdal,  with her bloodline, Tanya is even more honorable than Asa Ron at this point :astonished: and don't forget that 200 years ago, Aramun Haesulla needed the approval of the Asa to become a god. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this drama... 2 episodes per week are not enough for me... lol.. i need at least 4..

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...