[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

Tagon being an Ingtu or another being i really dislike.. how was he able to cover that up makes no sense. 

I suppose he needed some strength otherwise when EunSeom and him fight EunSeom would destroy him. 

SO hes never been injured once in his entire life.. seems unrealistic to me. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Tagon being an Ingtu or another being i really dislike.. how was he able to cover that up makes no sense. 

I suppose he needed some strength otherwise when EunSeom and him fight EunSeom would destroy him. 

SO hes never been injured once in his entire life.. seems unrealistic to me. 

I guess i wasn't the only one who disliked this plot device...Somehow takes the more meaningful aspect if now he as well is an Igutu...I would have prefered if he was a "cursed" human child because somehow now both are Igutu's....So,if people go around saying Aramun Hessula is an Igutu were would even be the great impact of EunSeom heritage i must say...And now that everyone believes and is happy that Tagon is THE CHOSEN ONE  why even fear being an Igutu as a weakness that Eunseom can have over him...I mean,if in the long run they would accept EunSeom as the chosen one why wouldn't they accept Tagon even more when they adore him and think so badly he is their God...I mean how would EunSeom even prove he is the chosen one,not like he can do magic...

I guess now we know why Yangcha most likely knows and keeps silent,curious if he is also an Igutu that Tagon spared...At least now EunSeom knows his Mother name and that something happened in Asdal with her...

I now 'em curious about Mubaek stand and who will help as the way it was delivered it made it clear that Tagon is the "good" one who fights the ones who would end their Saram world...I guess i want for some good guys to also enter the stage and help Tanya and Eunseom because too many bad guys everywere....

@Sarang21 It's just my guess,at the moment no hard evidence,just that i found it really strange the glances between her and Sanung and dissappointment in the Neanthal woman's eyes when their Chief refused to join hands tha night...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

I guess i wasn't the only one who disliked this plot device...Somehow takes the more meaningful aspect if now he as well is an Igutu...I would have prefered if he was a "cursed" human child because somehow now both are Igutu's....So,if people go around saying Aramun Hessula is an Igutu were would even be the great impact of EunSeom heritage i must say...And now that everyone believes and is happy that Tagon is THE CHOSEN ONE  why even fear being an Igutu as a weakness that Eunseom can have over him...I mean,if in the long run they would accept EunSeom as the chosen one why wouldn't they accept Tagon even more when they adore him and think so badly he is their God...I mean how would EunSeom even prove he is the chosen one,not like he can do magic...

I guess now we know why Yangcha most likely knows and keeps silent,curious if he is also an Igutu that Tagon spared...At least now EunSeom knows his Mother name and that something happened in Asdal with her...

I now 'em curious about Mubaek stand and who will help as the way it was delivered it made it clear that Tagon is the "good" one who fits the ones who would end their Saram world...I guess i want for some good guys to also enter the stage and help Tanya and Eunseom because too many bad guys everywere....

@Sarang21 It's just my guess,at the moment no hard evidence,just that i found it really strange the glances between her and Sanung and dissappointment in the Neanthal woman's eyes when their Chief refused to join hands tha night...

I have not watched the recent episode so its 100% confirmed hes a igutu if so as you said it takes away the meaning of Eunseom being one to me. I agree why would people ever want some random Igutu other Tagon they never to execute this really well for me to believe it at all. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I have not watched the recent episode so its 100% confirmed hes a igutu if so as you said it takes away the meaning of Eunseom being one to me. I agree why would people ever want some random Igutu other Tagon they never to execute this really well for me to believe it at all. 

I mean i wanna see how they will turn around and make Saram people really see the cruelty,lies,surronding them because with the Prophecy that the Asa Clan Elder told Mubaek that Tagon is basically this good guy who fights the villains who want to end their Saram reign aka Tanya and EunSeom,like i wanted at the end a true union where people and the ones that now live as slaves at the bottom like on equal footing and follow EunSeom as their true King,i know it's utopic but it is a fantasy so anything can happen...

Yeah,it is 100% confirmed he is one....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

I mean i wanna see how they will turn around and make Saram people really see the cruelty,lies,surronding them because with the Prophecy that the Asa Clan Elder told Mubaek that Tagon is basically this good guy who fights the villains who want to end their Saram reign aka Tanya and EunSeom,like i wanted at the end a true union where people and the ones that now live as slaves at the bottom like on equal footing and follow EunSeom as their true King,i know it's utopic but it is a fantasy so anything can happen...

Yeah,it is 100% confirmed he is one....

Eh i suppose they needed to make him have strength somehow and this was the easiest way even though does not make much sense to me.

I still think its a little early to reveal everything does anyone else agree to me the drama seems a bit fast paced and they revealed the characters cards to fast. 

• Like 4

rating ep5 is not good (5,7%) because many Koreans down to their street to support U20. I can understand why the rating is decrease but when I read Knet comment, many of them say the plot is too slow, the characters and the time aren't matched,.... some say it is interesting. Actually, I am a fan of Korean films for a long time but it is the first time i see the controversy in the comment although it is ep5 now.

• Like 1

I just saw episode 5 and I thought it started out really strong re the hostage situation. They did this scene really well. Overall, I am enjoying the show and can’t wait for the episodes. 

Spoiler

Well - Tagon is an Igutu!!! Hmmm like many of you I hope they explain this well. I kinda thought it makes a little sense if you consider the glances between that Neth. Lady and his father in the first episode and why he saved that Igutu baby. But yah - how did he cover this up all those years lol?!?

I think this episode was weaker because it focuses toooo much on Tagon, his manipulation and the power plays. We all knew he is ambitious. I guess the episode did it’s job to just confirmed to everyone that he wants to be a god king etc. 

It is a little frustrating to see the slow development of E and Tanya and I hope the writers will shift gears soon. Poor Wahan tribe and I hope some of them survives with Tanya.

@Kokokrunch they haven’t shown us yet what happened to the baby. I think soon and I think it is that guy with the covered face in Tagon’s Squad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

I just saw episode 5 and I thought it started out really strong re the hostage situation. They did this scene really well. Overall, I am enjoying the show and can’t wait for the episodes. 

Hide contents

Well - Tagon is an Igutu!!! Hmmm like many of you I hope they explain this well. I kinda thought it makes a little sense if you consider the glances between that Neth. Lady and his father in the first episode and why he saved that Igutu baby. But yah - how did he cover this up all those years lol?!?

I think this episode was weaker because it focuses toooo much on Tagon, his manipulation and the power plays. We all knew he is ambitious. I guess the episode did it’s job to just confirmed to everyone that he wants to be a god king etc. 

It is a little frustrating to see the slow development of E and Tanya and I hope the writers will shift gears soon. Poor Wahan tribe and I hope some of them survives with Tanya.

@Kokokrunch they haven’t shown us yet what happened to the baby. I think soon and I think it is that guy with the covered face in Tagon’s Squad.

No, it is not possible as Yangcha was already among the soldiers who killed Eunseom's father, the Neanthal Ragaz. 

I was thinking about the person who released the blue fireflies. If it had been Eunseom's brother, then they would have flown to him as well, since he is also an igutu.

About the children of the prophecy: the last episode revealed that Tagon, Taealha and Giseon from the White Mountain Tribe have been working together in order to get rid of their respective parent/tribe leader. They started this plan a long time ago.

I found the conversation between Mubaek and Asa Sakan very interesting because it really shows that Tagon is actually challenging the gods. We have the prophecy of Daraburu saying that he will bring doom to Arthdal. Furthermore the god Airuju said that when the three heavenly objects appear, this will mean that he wants to end this world. Striking is that Asa Sakan as a priestess asked Mubaek to help Tagon because he would try to save this world. In other words, the priestess also challenges the god Airuju. It also outlines her arrogance and her ignorance. She is no longer a true priestess but has been misled by her own feelings. That's the reason why she can no longer understand the gods.

Due to his meeting with Asa Sakan, Mubaek heard the truth about the death of Sanung. He was killed by his own son. I doubt that Mubaek will be misled by the event at the burial ceremony. Moreover, he saw Kanmoreu with his own eyes, found the true relics from Asa Sin. He knows the true origins of Asa Sin. She came from the Iark and returned there after creating the Union. So the gods had already foreseen the greed of Saram. Mubaek is a true believer of Aramun Haesulla hence he will be the one who will help Eunseom, especially after discovering that he is Asa Hon's son (her necklace). Furthermore, Tagon doesn't have the Wind of Hammer, the horse Kanmoreu and the flower as he is not a believer.  

Since Aramun Haesulla is supposed to return with two voices, I believe that he will use Eunseom's brother as the second voice.  

When she said that the world of Saram will disappear implying that civilization and wisdom would disappear, it really made me laugh because she has not realized yet that they are already the savages she doesn't want to become. 

Since Tagon has already killed all the igutus except Eunseom's brother, he thinks, he is superior to the others. He doesn't know for sure that Eunseom is also an igutu. He was surprised that Eunseom could hurt him so quickly. Yet, I still thinks that his arrogance will be the reason for his downfall. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

My history research so far.

1. Asa Sin (Great Mother, Asa clan) and Risan = original 'mother' and 'father' who went to south (Iark)

2. Aramun Haesulla = God of union, Asa-sin's envoy, represented by (hammer of the wind, lonicera flower, and kanmoreu).

It's clear that ES and Tanya are Aramun Haesulla who will bring end to the world.

3. Great White Wolf = I believe she is Asa Sin (Great Mother) , Wahan's mother.

She came from Arth, thus explained why she said 3 rules that Wahan's tribe must obey (not climbing the cliff, not planting seeds, and not taming animals). This explains why Wahan speak same language with Saram because they are same descendants.

4. Wahan's Great White Wolf prophecy: “The one who breaks the shell shall appear on the day the Azure Comet appears, along with death. And the Wahan tribe shall no longer be the same.” This is confirmed to be a curse, the cursed children, ES and Tanya are the one who will bring end to Arth.

5. Cheonbuin (heaven items): It is said that 3 heaven items were giving life to the world and shall be the end of it as well. It appeared 20 years ago (assuming when ES and Tanya were born). Those are: sword, bell, and mirror. Asa Sakan said Asa Sin brought those things with her when she left to Iark. I believe the byeoldaya that Mubaek found at sacred tree in Iark is one of them. Hence, Choseol Mother told Tanya to find it and draw the symbol that can only be found on the back side of real byeoldaya (not the fake one in the white mountain). Sword and bell are currently unknown.

What we know is,  Asa Sin and Risan went to Iark, away from Arth. Aramun chased them there, riding his horse Kanmoreu.

Question is, why they went to Iark in the first place? They were quite similiar to Asa Hon and Ragaz in terms of blood (although Risan is prolly a Saram, not Neanthal). Before, I think Aramun is their son but in eps 2 it said that he is Asa Sin's envoy. Hence what is the real identity of Aramun? If he's an igutu, who's his parent?

Anyway, it's clear that it's Tagon (Saram, eventhough he's an igutu) versus ES and Tanya (Aramun). Why does Aramun come back and want to end Saram (Arth) whilst he's the founder of it? While we all know the cliche answer, but really what does he want? For people to go back and live freely in nature like Wahan Tribe? Or to have monarchy, king and all? (cos Tanya supposed to be the first politician or something). Looking forward to next episode and how things will turn out!

I just rewatched eps 1 and I found something interesting. It seems like Neanthal's language is reverse version of Korean.

Pay attention to Sanung and Rankruv scene. When Sanung said he wants to 'join hand' Rankruv said "ekk mah" which is reversed from "ham kke" = "together" in Korean.

Also Rankruv said "human" as "ma ras" which reversed from "saram" = people / human

I can explain this the whole day but I think the evidence is enough. Haha. I can't believe I just realized it now.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

10 hours ago, Craniata said:

rating ep5 is not good (5,7%) because many Koreans down to their street to support U20. I can understand why the rating is decrease but when I read Knet comment, many of them say the plot is too slow, the characters and the time aren't matched,.... some say it is interesting. Actually, I am a fan of Korean films for a long time but it is the first time i see the controversy in the comment although it is ep5 now.

I mean they been saying that since episode 1 and still hit a new high last week so it is weird to see a drop but yeah for how expensive this show is to make a profit would need to rely on selling it internationally.

I do wish it focused more on Tanya/Eunseom a little more as well. 

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

Hide contents

Tagon really is a vile person because he wiped out the Igutus as well.. shows what a terrible disgusting man he is for wiping out his own people.

Also agree regarding E and Tanya i wish we had more of them.

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Since Aramun Haesulla is supposed to return with two voices, I believe that he will use Eunseom's brother as the second voice.  

When she said that the world of Saram will disappear implying that civilization and wisdom would disappear, it really made me laugh because she has not realized yet that they are already the savages she doesn't want to become. 

Since Tagon has already killed all the igutus except Eunseom's brother, he thinks, he is superior to the others. He doesn't know for sure that Eunseom is also an igutu. He was surprised that Eunseom could hurt him so quickly. Yet, I still thinks that his arrogance will be the reason for his downfall. 

I think its Tanya and Eunseom who will be the voices for Aramun and i agree that Tagons downfall will be his arrogance.  He thinks hes some almighty god when hes really just arrogant and over confident. 

I just saw this comment on mydramalist and didnt even think about this..

I still think the missed such a big opportunity to expand early on with Eunseoms mother.. she should have been the one to tell him about his brother and what he is and what that means and who exactly she is. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

He thinks hes some almighty god when hes really just arrogant and over confident

I don't think that's completely true. He is intelligent and a great warrior and he knows it but he is also insecure about his identity as an Igutu in Saram society and a cursed bastard child hated and neglected by his father his whole life. He has learned how to act cool and confident around others but he is different when he is alone or with Taealha. So he is confident in his abilities but he is hiding some deep insecurities and I think that's what makes him a complex and compelling villain

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I mean they been saying that since episode 1 and still hit a new high last week so it is weird to see a drop but yeah for how expensive this show is to make a profit would need to rely on selling it internationally.

I do wish it focused more on Tanya/Eunseom a little more as well. 

Tagon really is a vile person because he wiped out the Igutus as well.. shows what a terrible disgusting man he is for wiping out his own people.

Also agree regarding E and Tanya i wish we had more of them.

I think its Tanya and Eunseom who will be the voices for Aramun and i agree that Tagons downfall will be his arrogance.  He thinks hes some almighty god when hes really just arrogant and over confident. 

I just saw this comment on mydramalist and didnt even think about this..

I still think the missed such a big opportunity to expand early on with Eunseoms mother.. she should have been the one to tell him about his brother and what he is and what that means and who exactly she is. 

Yes, we know that the two voices of Aramun are Eunseom and Tanya. However, it is different for Saram. They only know the prophecy: the return of Aramun Haesulla with two voices. In order to get the support of Saram, Tagon needs a second voice as he is bound to follow the prophecy which he doesn't believe. He had to find a second voice and since the boy considers him as his father, he knows that he will obey his orders. 

@Gumiho9 I agree that Tagon has been hurt by his father's murder attempt and his father's behavior contributed to his wickedness. But like Sanung said, he could have left Arthdal at some point but he refused. Tagon hates the prophecy that's why he doesn't believe in the return of Aramun Haesulla. If he did, then this would mean that the prophecy about his fate is true as well. He can not accept that he has been cursed just Tanya and Eunseom. He wants to escape his fate by becoming a god himself. But by doing so, he is unaware that he is actually following the prophecy.

However, the rejection from his father and the prophecy can not served as an excuse for Tagon's actions. He is responsible for so many deaths, like the Neanthals, the Igutus, the people from Wahan Tribe aso. His hands are full of blood, yet notice that he seldom kills people himself. He lets the others do the dirty work that's why he has never been injured before. We only saw him killing:

- Ragaz (arrow, so he never exposed himself to danger)

- the two warriors from Daekan

- his father

When he was sent to conquer the territory Iark, he never went there himself. He just sent his troops with Mubaek as leader. Tagon has the same MO: he uses people to dirty their hands.

He knew that Saram would kill people from the Wahan Tribe and allowed it, although they were innocent. Now, he is even determined to kill all of them.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

However, the rejection from his father and the prophecy can not served as an excuse for Tagon's actions. 

I know and I agree. I didn't use them as an excuse for his actions but to say behind his cool and confident facade he is hiding deep fears and insecurities. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

I don't think that's completely true. He is intelligent and a great warrior and he knows it but he is also insecure about his identity as an Igutu in Saram society and a cursed bastard child hated and neglected by his father his whole life. He has learned how to act cool and confident around others but he is different when he is alone or with Taealha. So he is confident in his abilities but he is hiding some deep insecurities and I think that's what makes him a complex and compelling villain

1 hour ago, Gumiho9 said:

I know and I agree. I didn't use them as an excuse for his actions but to say behind his cool and confident facade he is hiding deep fears and insecurities. :)

I disagree i dont think hes complex or compelling at all, maybe you didnt mean to give him a excuse but the way your worded it sounds like you are. 

I have no sympathy for a man who destroyed two races i dont care if hes hated or neglected by his father .. maybe its because his father saw what a disaster tagon will bring. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I disagree i dont think hes complex or compelling at all, maybe you didnt mean to give him a excuse but the way your worded it sounds like you are. 

I have no sympathy for a man who destroyed two races i dont care if hes hated or neglected by his father .. maybe its because his father saw what a disaster tagon will bring. 

Tagon is just the product of his father's greed. Sanung is in fact responsible for Tagon's curse. The destruction of Saram is related to their arrogance and desire of conquest.

• Like 3

I disagree i dont think hes complex or compelling at all,

That's fine. to each their own. :)

Are you defending Sanung and the way he treated his son? Chocking him when he was just a child and letting him believe he was evil and cursed? He is the one who made the prophecy happen.

Tagon is a villain and hopefully he will pay for his actions. But they've made it clear that he is the way he is because of his messed up upbringing and that behind his overconfident and cool facade he has insecurities and fears and that's what I was trying to say in my first reply.

• Like 2

OH. MY. GOD !!!!

First of all I didn't even think that Tagon would be an Igutu.

Secondly ! I couldn't help myself so I watched the raw AND the brother, THEY ARE TWINS OH MYYYYYYYY AND AAAAAAAAAAAH !!!!! THIS IS SO GOOD ! I CAN'T EVEN ! THIS IS AMAZING !

I hope the brother is not evil and I'm afraid for next week :unsure:...What will happen to Eunseom ? I don't want him to die ! I want a Tanya-Eunseom reunion :tears:

And can I just add that Song Jong Ki with long hair is everything :wub: I'm seriously in love right here

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

That's fine. to each their own. :)

Are you defending Sanung and the way he treated his son? Chocking him when he was just a child and letting him believe he was evil and cursed? He is the one who made the prophecy happen.

Tagon is a villain and hopefully he will pay for his actions. But they've made it clear that he is the way he is because of his messed up upbringing and that behind his overconfident and cool facade he has insecurities and fears and that's what I was trying to say in my first reply.

I dont think Tagon is this way due to his upbringing i think that is a poor excuse but each to their own, yeah im sure he has insecurities and fears but those are not valid reasons for what hes doing and has done in the past. 

• Like 2