[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I just realised that the narrators at the begin of ep 1 and end of ep 2 are Eun Seom’s parents: Ragaz and Asa Hon! This story so amazing, and very detailed. The fact that Saram human’s blood is red and Neanthal ’s blood is blue and if they mate their offspring’s blood is purple, because by the primary laws of colour blue and red makes purples is so clever and creative! So both Tanya and Eun Seom are Aramun Haesulla as his mother predicted. Looking forward to seeing how this drama unfolds.:wub::blush:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Friendly kitty said:

No, no, no ... I would not say that. This is not on his orders destroy all peaceful tribes, but on the orders of his father. He himself did not even participate in the destruction of the tribe, which we were shown. All orders were given only by Mubaek.
Yes, Tagon is cruel, but still it is impossible to compare him with Hitler. Rather, with Hitler, you can compare his father, who made him go to conquer new lands. And among Koreans, as we know, submission to parents is sacred. He simply could not refuse.:mellow:

How did he not participate in the destruction of the tribe when he was leading it.. im sorry but he could refuse his father and these orders. The defending of Tagon here is weird he came up with the virus plan so anyone defending anything he does i just find laughable honestly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gumiho9 said:

Interesting. I've watched her teasers but I don't understand Korean unfortunately. Anything else about her? although we haven't seen much of her for some unknown reasons she has become my favorite character :D I hope they don't make her evil like Tagon, one evil main character (out of four) is enough imo. I think keeping her gray and ambiguous is more interesting.

Do you think the Wikipedia info is legit and she is the last remaining Neanthal(keeping her identity secret)?

I also don't know if the info from Wikipedia is reliable since that was the very first description way before the drama started. So far, that's what I know about her. Fierce, someone who probably isn't easy to mess with, since she declares to have Arthdal under her feet. I think she's the type who wouldn't mind betraying anyone to satisfy her needs. 

What I'm most looking forward in this drama is the two female characters. I like that they are strong characters as well. I always like when females are portrayed strong rather than the typical damsel in distress.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

How did he not participate in the destruction of the tribe when he was leading it.. im sorry but he could refuse his father and these orders. The defending of Tagon here is weird he came up with the virus plan so anyone defending anything he does i just find laughable honestly. 

I second u with this full hearted....Tagon is nowere innocent and i doubt the writers made their plan to actually find explanations for his behaviour and it shows he is a conqueror and won't back at anything  to get this ways...Tagon is their leader and the man behind all the plans,since young age when he came up with all the plans to wipe out a species and tribe(for mostly being recognized and adored)...He did it for his own avantages and because he enjoyed it as behind that silent pure image he had was hidding an amitious young man, he was actually a very scary young boy behind that sheep like smile(he always did things calculated and arrived the last taking the limelight for all the things,the plans to wipe the tribes,killing Ragaz)...Tagon has one porpose in his mind and that is to become the King of Arthal and because deep down he thinks he is way above others and deserves to be the one to lead it...He just does his father's ways because of his own intrest(gaining the love and trust of common people and his men)...A man doesn't need to be present at a slaughter to be the one behind it,he is the LEADER...So like mentioned,finding excuses for the atrocities he's done over the decades,the joy he felt deep down is taking away the horrors and the pain of the others...Plain simple he is a scary man and all he does is for a calculated reason(what may seem nice is actually not)

I don't doubt the writers will make him a charismatic character,a nuanced as story progressed,giving this illusin he is the chosen King but deep down he still is the villain of the story and i think the writers made it quite clear from the first episode...

About Tae Al Ha looking at the highlight synopsis is concluded she is playing a double role and that she is faking her nice image she has in front of Tagon and i sactually very calculated and will do anything to rule Artdal...Also, it's once little fragment were it shown she was quite shaken(disgusted) when she saw they that night at their party celebrating the end of the Great Hunt where Tagon smashed the skull after exiting the tent...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

..Tagon has one porpose in his mind and that is to become the King of Arthal and because deep down he thinks he is way above others and deserves to be the one to lead it

Well to be fair he is way above others and deserves to be their leader. If it wasn't for him they would've all starved to death years ago. They owe their life and safety to him. As GRRM (GOT creator) once said: "A villain is a hero of the other side"

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

Plain simple he is a scary man and all he does is for a calculated reason(what may seem nice is actually not)

I agree. His father is probably scared of him too and that's why he tries his best to keep him away and busy all the time.

I think the writers have done a great job with Tagon, he is such well-written and interesting villain.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I think she's the type who wouldn't mind betraying anyone to satisfy her needs. 

Agreed. Maybe Tagon? esp if he ends up falling for Tanya after everything she did for him.

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

What I'm most looking forward in this drama is the two female characters. I like that they are strong characters as well. I always like when females are portrayed strong rather than the typical damsel in distress.

Me too. :)Their interactions should be interesting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

Well to be fair he is way above others and deserve to be their leader. If it wasn't for him they would've all starved to death years ago. They owe their life and safety to him. As GRRM (GOT creator) once said: "A villain is a hero of the other side"

I agree. His father is probably scared of him too and that's why he tries his best to keep him away and busy all the time.

I think the writers have done a great job with Tagon, he is such well-written and interesting villain.

Agreed. Maybe Tagon? esp if he ends up falling for Tanya after everything she did for him.

Me too. :)Their interactions should be interesting.

I dont think that is true at all if they didnt kill people randomly they would have starved to death? They are just greedy and want more and more what they have is never enough. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I dont think that is true at all if they didnt kill people randomly they would have starved to death? They are just greedy and want more and more what they have is never enough. 

- "How are we going to fight against them? They're monsters"

- "We have no other option. without The Plains of the Moon, half of the people in Arthdal will starve to death."

So they started the war because they were desperate and Neanthals refused their offer. But of course after the victory they became greedy and now they keep wanting more.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

- "We have no other option. without The Plains of the Moon, half of the people in Arthdal will starve to death."

So they started the war because they were desperate and Neanthals refused their offer. But of course after the victory they became greedy and keep wanting more.

Who knows if that was even true im not sure i believe them honestly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Who knows if that was even true im not sure i believe them honestly. 

They were ready to go to a war with monsters with no hope to actually win it. I think they wouldn't have made such a decision if they weren't truly desperate.

• Like 1

If they were starving, why would they propose the deal to the Neanthals? They offered food which shows that they were not starving. The leader refused by saying that they wouldn’t eat these things.  Hitler used the tactics (need of land, surpopulation)  in order to conquer the East. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

So they started the war because they were desperate and Neanthals refused their offer. But of course after the victory they became greedy and now they keep wanting more.

I think it was more a tool to use as an excuse to start the war or before it to get their hands on a land they always desired.Of course they were scared of them and the fear continued even after the slaughter but their desire to take what wasn't theirs even greater..Even if the Neanthals agreed to it i'm quite sure they would come all force in and act like the owners above them(give a finger and i'll take all your hand)..The Neanthals were the most in sync with nature and took only what they needed and they were full...I'm quite sure the Neanthal Leader saw beyond the lies and that's why he refused...

Now the same tactic used for invading Iark and would always do the same about other land...They were never the victim,just playing like one...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

If they were starving, why would they propose the deal to the Neanthals? They offered food which shows that they were not starving. The leader refused by saying that they wouldn’t eat these things.  Hitler used the tactics (need of land, surpopulation)  in order to conquer the east 

- "beans... barely... mugwort and garlic. What are these?"

- "cultivation and agriculture. Your formidable power and our skills. Your fertile land, and the wisdom and civilization of Arthdal"

They wanted to show their skills in farming to persuade Neanthals to accept their offer since they didn't know how to farm. So they were offering their skills (not their food) in exchange of their fertile land.

They knew they had no chance against Neanthals and yet they were ready to go to war with them. Why would they do that if not out of desperation?

Edit: I'm not trying to justify their actions and the genocide they committed (they are not justifiable) but I think it was clear that starvation was a real issue for them and not just an excuse.

• Like 1

Welll I said back on pg 2.. I'm going to watch this for my two fav child actors.  Heo Jung Eun (young Tanya) and (Kim Yejoon ( young EunSom) and  so I'm watching. They are future Daesng winners.

But I'll likely continue watching this. I  actually enjoyed episode 1 Haven't watch episode 2 yet.   I felt like it was Game of Thrones but not really. When I saw still so SJK I though of Jungle book. :D

From the start I Think understood the story. They offered those things to the Neathals(?) when they were in the mountains but it was rejected.  And from watching ( reading sub) Sanung Niruha tried to win them over again sending beautiful gifts . before that the tribe already found out that there's been  infectious disease  that affected only Neathals and some animals The gifts that Sanung wanted to give to them- the fabrics that's been wrapped around the horses  and other animals infected by the disease. Asa Hon  was the sacrificial victim. These was all planned by Tagon.. he brag about it this plan during the scene they were rejocing killing the Neathals.- They wehre shooting them with arrow fires Trying to wipe them out.

I think they are going to fight for iark. EunsSom discovered the way. Asa Hon has been looking for the cliff that will lead to iar and it's been 10 years and her child was the one who discovered. Thsi is the place where  she said "No God of Arth can excersice their authority" that in order for them to live they must go down there. But from the ending scenes Tagon's father wants to send him there  which the other leader protested (Asa Ron? the one wearing the white robe or something) Sanung said who can he entrust this but to his son.

This drama is very interesting. I like the cinemtography as well.  Here's hoping my interest will not fade. Because I'm more into crime action psycho  thriller.  I'm not fan of the lead stars but as long a I find the drama good, I'll watch/

BTW, do you chingus know who's going to the actor for the adult version of the Itugu child? The one that Tagon raised? Hmmm

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

- "cultivation and agriculture. Your formidable power and our skills. Your fertile land, and the wisdom and civilization of Arthdal"

They wanted to show their skills in farming to persuade Neanthals to accept their offer since they didn't know how to farm. So they were offering their skills (not their food) in exchange of their fertile land.

They knew they had no chance against Neanthals and yet they were ready to go to war with them. Why would they do that if not out of desperation?

Edit: I'm not trying to justify their actions and the genocide they committed (they are not justifiable) but I think it was clear that starvation was a real issue for them and not just an excuse.

Did Hitler go to war out of desperation? They were not desperate they were greedy for the land the Neanthals had, i dont think it was clear that starvation was a real issue. 

1 hour ago, jongski said:

BTW, do you chingus know who's going to the actor for the adult version of the Itugu child? The one that Tagon raised? Hmmm

Hes not been revealed yet so im not sure anyone knows? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

Ähh during the negotiation Tagon father clearly said that he want to build a nation, stand on top of the pyramid and rule over all living things. If it was trully about desperation to not starve why didn´t he simply told the Neanthal that they need the land to not starve. 

They only offered a collaboration because at that time they did not have a solution on how to overtake the Nanthal.  Let´s say the Neanthal accepted the offer. They would have used the land to empower themselves and the moment they got a chance to get rid of the Neanthal they would have done so. 

If they attacked the neanthal  because of desperation to not starve then what is the excuse to attack the people of Wahan tribe?

• Like 4

i just finished watching ep2.. im amazed at the speed of progress :open_mouth: the boy whom they trained as the best fighter in ep1.. i forgot the name but he was the one who grew up and still wearing a mask.. could he be a neanthal or igutus? they can only be differentiated by the eyes lips blood and the markings at their back isn’t it?

i love how Helper ended up as the legendary kanmoreu, the direct descendant of firstborns.. and also when that warrior moo baek can identify the horse and the rider as aramun haesulla :grimace: 

in wikipedia, tagon’s woman.. the one he wanted to marry is a neanthal?? is she one of the neanthal children that were asking asa hon to give the baby to them? and who will be the adult of the boy roddib?? i have so many questions!!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

in wikipedia, tagon’s woman.. the one he wanted to marry is a neanthal?? is she one of the neanthal children that were asking asa hon to give the baby to them? and who will be the adult of the boy roddib?? i have so many questions!!

We still didn't reach this part and i'm sure like all of us have a million questions...Quite curious if the synopsis about her is right and why did they choose if so,to reveal it and not make it a grand suprise...I would do so!

I can help with one question..I think she is fairly the same age as Tagon or maybe a bit younger and she wasn't the one Asa Hon saved because the boys were 10old and she raised the boy Tagon found back them (EunSeom older brother)...

We don't know yet if the young boys(Rottip etc) suvived...If anyone saved Tae Al Ha was the one who is her father now...

I actually knew he was the famous horse from the first moment i heard people accusing him of stealing a horse from that guy...I guess being a "seasoned" drama viewer(fantasy books as well)i saw it coming :lol:

I was anticipating more for others to realize who he is actually

I think for this drama the our no.1enemy will be the WAITING!!! first waiting for next episodes and after to wait for the other seasons!!!!

Why the heck did they split the episodes for this drama!!!(i mean,S3-last 6 episodes is in SEPTEMBER guys!!!)

Want all of it in one go!

• Like 3