Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

..whew...ep 2 is so much better :D

I really like that idea where name ties you down to something. I find it quite beautiful and deep. And having a dream. Esp. towards that end when Eun Som asked for a name to keep him going and then Tan Ya giving him the name 'Dream'.

 

Watching ep 2 is like watching a separate movie, I almost forgot ep 1 and how it connects to ep 2. This is actually a refreshing concept in a drama. So like Arth is the advanced civilization while Wahan is shown to be the people still learning it. So now that it's implied that Eun Som is Aramun, then it actually fits SJK's character description as conqueror of Arthdal. Just that Aramun is supposed to be the god and the founder of Arthdal Nation, so am still quite confused on that part.

 

Tan Ya is described as the 'one who breaks the shell', so idk if Eun Som will be the one who will bring disaster. Though I believe that that 'disaster' doesn't necessarily mean bad for all. Both born in the same day during the Azure Comet so they are already connected. Tan Ya led Eun Som to Wahan. So everything is according to the prophecy. I'm so looking forward to how these two children of prophecy will stand against these barbaric Sarams of Arth. I remember when the writers said that Tan Ya may seem weak but she's the scariest of them. Looking forward to that as well:D.

 

 

Based on the official synopsis we already know if they don't change it, that Tanya is meant to be the First Female Prime Minister,so i think their connection and the gift given by the Gods upon both of them (being born in the same day)is also that they will both bring the change in this world in different ways,EunSeom as the reincarnation of Aramun,who more likely doesn't like the way his home is managed and the horrors in his name so he wants to set things right and make the King someone who deserves it and  both of them will end up joining hands as King and Prime Minister for this new world they will build for every tribe to live in...So in different ways both are saviours but with different ways of doing it...I'm also sure that's why Tanya didn't get her gift yet,because it was not the time for it and she will be able to "dream" in her journey and see her own path and how will be able to help EunSeom and maybe even understand Asa Hon's words back then ...

 

abay the way guys,but don't u think the design on his back after his scabs fallen is the lonicera flower?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Based on the official synopsis we already know if they don't change it, that Tanya is meant to be the First Female Prime Minister,so i think their connection and the gift given by the Gods upon both of them (being born in the same day)is also that they will both bring the change in this world in different ways,EunSeom as the reincarnation of Aramun,who more likely doesn't like the way his home is managed and the horrors in his name so he wants to set things right and make the King someone who deserves it and  both of them will end up joining hands as King and Prime Minister for this new world they will build for every tribe to live in...So in different ways both are saviours but with different ways of doing it...I'm also sure that's why Tanya didn't get her gift yet,because it was not the time for it and she will be able to "dream" in her journey and see her own path and how will be able to help EunSeom and maybe even understand Asa Hon's words back then ...

 

abay the way guys,but don't u think the design on his back after his scabs fallen is the licorice flower?

 

Why doesnt she just became queen alongside him the fact she apparently becomes PM tells me that they dont end up together then? Also considering the time this is supposed to be in which is way back a PM does not make much sense. 

 

 

I wish we saw more of this guy his acting and this cene was so good. 

 

 

 

Also agree with this i wish we saw more of them/.

 

 

Ratings increased for second episode which is pretty good considering all those negative comments lets hope it continues to rise. 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Episode 2 was great and the ending was intense, it even made me cry during the forced separation between Eun Seom and Tan Ya . 

Tan Ya " Dream ! That's your name. Because you're my dream as well as Wahan's. "

I mean how beautiful is that :bawling:

 

And yes I fear they won't end up together because it's a sad habit of the writers...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, loversbridge said:

Episode 2 was great and the ending was intense, it even made me cry during the forced separation between Eun Seom and Tan Ya . 

Tan Ya " Dream ! That's your name. Because you're my dream as well as Wahan's. "

I mean how beautiful is that :bawling:

 

And yes I fear they won't end up together because it's a sad habit of the writers...

 

It must be a choice though cause im predicting he becomes king and if she becomes PM they have so much power that surely they should be together but lets see what happens. 

 

I think i need to watch the episodes again or read a very detailed explanation on what the dreams mean and why hes predicted to bring disaster and what him being aramun fully means that is the only thing i dont fully understand. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

 

 

I think i need to watch the episodes again or read a very detailed explanation on what the dreams mean and why hes predicted to bring disaster and what him being aramun fully means that is the only thing i dont fully understand. 

U should re-watch indeed the first ep and the part were young Tagon does the prayer to Aramun for the warrior...He quite well describes him and his porpuse...More likely like Asa Hon said in the night of the slaughter,Aramun stopped looking at them as the ones worthy of his Kingdom(the rats) and reincarnated once again having two voices(aka Eun Som and Tanya) to conquer once again the land and get rid of them and make Arthdal a nation,an empire with a worthy ruler...

I think that if the tribes didn't break the peace and didn't loose to the greed the God wouldn't have turned his back on them and see them as the enemy that needs to be vanquished and him starting once again like in the legend to create a new Arthdal...(the ending naration of Asa Hon being quite in sync)

 

Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification who brings Arthdal together...

 

 

In some sense this premise really reminds of a book i adore and really recomand if u adore fantasy,myths,chosen one and elements that are here The Last Namsara

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

U should re-watch indeed the first ep and the part were young Tagon does the prayer to Aramun for the warrior...He quite well describes him and his porpuse...More likely like Asa Hon said in the night of the slaughter,Aramun stopped looking at them as the ones worthy of his Kingdom(the rats) and reincarnated once again having two voices(aka Eun Som and Tanya) to conquer once again the land and get rid of them and make Arthdal a nation,an empire with a worthy ruler...

I think that if the tribes didn't break the peace and didn't loose to the greed the God wouldn't have turned his back on them and see them as the enemy that needs to be vanquished and him starting once again like in the legend to create a new Arthdal...(the ending naration of Asa Hon being quite in sync)

 

Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification who brings Arthdal together...

 

 

In some sense this premise really reminds of a book i adore and really recomand if u adore fantasy,myths,chosen one and elements that are here The Last Namsara

 

Yeah that is what i was thinking so it seems i was right and was maybe just over thinking it and getting my self confused. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just 2 episodes and I'm already rooting for EunSom and Tanya. :lol: Is Tagon supposed to be the villain of the story?

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished watching ep 1 and wishing young Tagon was still played by the same actor in present day somehow hahaha

 

& oh yes ragaz tooo.....

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Just 2 episodes and I'm already rooting for EunSom and Tanya. :lol: Is Tagon supposed to be the villain of the story?

 

Perhaps. It was said by one of the writers that "The story will be about the struggle between Ta Gon and Tae Al Ha, who have immense power, and Eun Seom and Tan Ya, who relatively have almost no power.” An important storyline will be how Eun Seom and Tan Ya grow as they fight to save the people they care for most. It's probably safe to say they are both each other's enemies, since the story focuses on these four characters.

 

Some characters I'm curious about is that guy with a mask, Yang Cha, Moo Baek and the yet to be revealed Igutu kid who Tagon took. 

 

Yang Cha - some people are commenting he might be Igutu as well esp. during their confrontation with Eun Som in ep 2, seems they are on par in terms of strength.  Aside from being obviously mysterious, there's that punishment they talked about in Ep 2. Tho I wonder why he doesn't speak and why he wears a mask. Being an Igutu is a good theory since we can't see what color his lips may be, just that why would he be with Sarams if he is. He has been described as someone Moo Baek (who I pretty much guess the strongest? of the warriors) might not win against with.

 

Moo Baek - from Ep 1, he seems to be the storyteller of this drama. I have a feeling he might switch sides and probably betray Ta Gon. You can see how he has his individual thoughts and how he seems to react differently than the others as if what they're doing doesn't fit right with him.

 

The Igutu kid okay, I was confused at first so I had to watch ep 1 again and clearly, he might be or is Eun Som's older brother. Not sure if they are twins but they are both babies during that scene. So Eun Som was with the mother while the older brother was out with his father. Ta Gon's purpose is yet to be revealed as to why he took the baby despite knowing he's an Igutu. He might come in handy for him later on, that's why he's been keeping and hiding him.So if he is indeed Eun Som's brother and was born on the same day during the Azure Comet, I wonder now if he is also somehow part of the prophecy.

 

Neanthals aren't wiped out completely because we still have those two kids Asa Hon and Ragaz took. I had a feeling we will get to see them later and might be of help to Eun Som and Tan Ya's battle. Not to mention we have THE horse as an amazing ally :D.

 

For some reason, I didn't find those brutal killings offputting, it was well executed that I actually even didn't mind coz I was just raging when they were killing the Wahans, man..those kids, I thought they will be spared but that scene where this one man fired an arrow was just...I was literally crying..and the focus on Tan Ya witnessing her people being killed and when what we can just hear is her panting voice...so epic, heartbreaking yet such an eye-opening scene for Tan Ya's character.

 

 

 

 

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the rest of the episodes are on the level of episode 2, this will be a super blockbuster.  

 

Kudos to the writer for showing  how various societal issues are represented by the different tribes.  Some advocate expansion of their land and gaining dominance over others to do their bidding.  Others advocate a more agrarian society. 

 

Writer even included different forms of governance.  Some believe in a pyramid shape model of leadership. Others hold discussions where all members may participate. 

 

This is not a shallow or superficial drama.  I look forward to seeing what else the writer has in store for us. 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Just 2 episodes and I'm already rooting for EunSom and Tanya. :lol: Is Tagon supposed to be the villain of the story?

I do not think so. Rather, the Tagon will be an ambiguous character. It may even be opened deeper than EunSom.
It now seems to us that he is a villain, kills people right and left, destroys the innocent. But he, in fact, considers them savages and barbarians. And he fulfills the commission of his father ... And when he is fully aware of what is happening, he is aware of his mistakes, his consciousness can turn on its head.
Do not be surprised if closer to the final episode of Tagon and EunSom will fight side by side.:rolleyes:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Friendly kitty said:

I do not think so. Rather, the Tagon will be an ambiguous character. It may even be opened deeper than EunSom.
It now seems to us that he is a villain, kills people right and left, destroys the innocent. But he, in fact, considers them savages and barbarians. And he fulfills the commission of his father ... And when he is fully aware of what is happening, he is aware of his mistakes, his consciousness can turn on its head.
Do not be surprised if closer to the final episode of Tagon and EunSom will fight side by side.:rolleyes:

 

I hope so. He is an interesting one. It will be hard to hate him if he is the villain. ONE and Jang Dong Gun potraying him will make it much harder to hate him. hahaha.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually really enjoyed the first 2 episodes. Not sure where all the criticism is coming from. Feel like perhaps it's because the kdrama audience is not really accustomed to fantasy genre. But to me the cinematography is quite beautiful. A lot of the lush landscapes and locations were really eye catching. I mean compared to Hollywood productions like 10,000BC, this is much better made. I feel like the people bashing are just bashing to be netizens. 

 

There is a bit cognitive dissonance for me watching SJK and KJW as they are so memorable from their DOTS characters, but I think I'll get over it. Their acting itself is fine. The plot is interesting and I like that the story telling is very different from traditional kdramas.

 

Also ppl who keep trying to compare it to GOT must not have watched GOT at all... GOT (at least the TV show) takes a lot of its roots from medieval history. Its main themes include revenge, female empowerment, moral ambiguity, climate change.

 

I feel like Arthdal is more of these korean writers and producers want to talk more about the dangers of modernization (technological advances vs agrarian society), colonialism + slavery (ppl of Arth essentially taking over IARK and enslaving its people to do its low-level work) and racism (SARAM vs NEANTHAL, and then Eunsom is discriminated against because he's not considered of the same  as the SARAM). Specifically, Colonialism & slavery is such an intrinsic part of the post-WW Korean psyche, that it's not surprising at all that it's incorporated into this drama.

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lightbringer06 I was also confused with the igutu babies first. Yet, at the burial ceremony she said that her child was born on the Azure Comet day, hence it means that they can not be twins because she should have said, her children... Furthermore, since Rottip, the little Neanthal, said that the older brother was with Ragaz, this means that they are indeed brothers. She also confirmed it by saying that she must bring her child. She was referring to the brother taken by Ragaz. I guess, the other igutu baby must be around 10 months old. Furthermore, after a second viewing of the first episode, a detail caught my attention. We hear that Tagon had been asked to mop up the Igutus indicating that Saram and Neanthals must have mixed up together and created their own clan. 

 

@Miky88 @ForgottenSoulx About Aramun Haesulla: It looks like the first one came from Iark and left the Wahan Tribe. This explains why they speak the same language. The prophecy says that he will return with two voices, a Ionicera flower, The Hammer of Wind and Kanmoreu. From the start, Tagon is introduced as someone who doesn't believe in Aramun Haesulla. Remember the scene where the one from the White Mountain Tribe started saying that Tagon reminded him of Aramun Haesulla and Tagon replied that this was just a legend. Even in the second episode, he keeps saying the same. However, he knows that many people from Saram believe in Aramun Haesulla therefore I think, he will use this belief for his own interest. 

 

Since the legend says that he will return with two voices, I can imagine that Tagon will use Eunseom's brother as a representative of the second voice. In my opinion, Tagon plans to use the cult of Aramun Haesulla by making them believe that he is the second Aramun Haesulla. Don't forget that his return is announced. The gods knew that the Saram would become cruel and greedy that's why there is this prophecy that Aramun Haesulla will come back. We shouldn't forget that Tagon performed the Ohmissil ceremony, although he had no authority. This scene underlines that Tagon will merge these powers at some point: he will take over the Asa tribe... and act as the High priest (eliminate Asa Ron).     

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatched the first 2 episodes but doesnt anyone know what happened to the other two Neathanl boys that were with the mom and Raganz, Pretty sure they were the two babies that were saved by them in ep 1 and we see both grown up in ep 2. havent heard much about them other than they probably died during the hunt? Also how they did survive the disease lol, they have to explain the love between ragaz and the mom and how they cured all 3 of them from the horse diesase.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone! Long time lurker first time poster :)
I'm glad I started this drama the first two episodes were really good. I'm already invested in the story and the characters. Can't wait for the next week.

 

Btw In the OP there is an interesting info:

 

On 7/20/2018 at 7:51 AM, marykarmelina said:

Tae Ha is the last surviving Neoantal, a race different from humans

 

What do you think? Is this legit? If it is then she is hiding her true identity but how? She is such an intriguing character I want to know more about her.

Edited by Gumiho9
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the first two episodes were really good. This is really intresting drama. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neunji said:

Rewatched the first 2 episodes but doesnt anyone know what happened to the other two Neathanl boys that were with the mom and Raganz, Pretty sure they were the two babies that were saved by them in ep 1 and we see both grown up in ep 2. havent heard much about them other than they probably died during the hunt? Also how they did survive the disease lol, they have to explain the love between ragaz and the mom and how they cured all 3 of them from the horse diesase.

I'm also quite curious if we'll get to her more of them and that they weren't just a cameo,would be sad...Even more when those children knew Asa Hon and Ragaz and their story and what happened in those days and what Asa Hon told Rottip about the said curse upon her and the two brothers...

 

I'm also curious if that dream that EUnSeom always seems to have is his or if he is chanelling his brother and sees what he does...Quite intrigued if EunSeom will be able to "dream" about his mother and see his father",if this dreams limit themselves only to the future or it can also show the past...

Hope we'll also get a glimpse of the past again and what actually happend back then when the snake(more likely Aramun in god form)came to EunSeom and looked like he was attacking him..I think he was then the reason he got magically cured...

 

Already anticipating the upcoming 2 episodes and when Tanya will curse them,looks like such a powerful scene...

 

Also i was curious since yesterday but EunSeom's pink eyes are a trademark for his Igutu lineage and all Igutu's share the same common tragemark or is just him because he is Aramun...Also how beautiful is the detail they added of the Lonicera Flower on his back(the flower that the GOD is carrying)

 

Yang Cha really resembles a younger Yoon Kyun Sang for me,the actor really resembles him for some reason...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

 Furthermore, after a second viewing of the first episode, a detail caught my attention. We hear that Tagon had been asked to mop up the Igutus indicating that Saram and Neanthals must have mixed up together and created their own clan. 

 

Do you mind telling me at which part it is? Where Tagon was asked?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...