[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

54 minutes ago, Neunji said:

Did anyone see also that this series will be split into 3 season with the last season airing in september which gives it like a 2 month off from season 2 to season 3? Anyone seen any drama like this before because it really doesn't make sense in my mind to give it a break when filming was already completed.

I think those 2 months off will give more time for the post-production team to work on (Editing, CG, VFX and other stuff).

• Like 2

I just saw the first episode and I really liked it ! I don't understand all the criticism, it's just the first episode, for me it was a world building episode and it was even a little bit too fast for my taste. Then again people trash talk the drama before it even aired.

I'm glad this drama is something different from what we're used to watch. If this drama isn't for you then good, there's many other dramas out there for you !

Also the GoT comparison need to stop please.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, cafe99 said:

Some cheap scenes:

• The forest scene, especially when they kill the blue blood dude, it looked like he was throwing up fluoride paint like the one we used at school.
  •  ES mother inside the cavern
  • The skull at the party thing!! LMAO, even bigger than his head.
  • When ES is walking with is mom in that desert

I actually think that a story CAN and will be judged, this has actually something to do with the people in front and behind the camera: the actors with their performance, the director, writters, make up artist, etc. Every one has a input in the drama (in different degrees of course). And so far Arthdal is much ado about almost nothin, story wise and narrative rhythm. 

I mean of course the story will be judged but not just from one episode and i thought the blue blood was pretty cool , never noticed anything wrong inside the cavern but i agree that ES walking in the desert did look a bit cheap. 

7 hours ago, leek said:

The main issue raised by well known critics for Game of Thrones was mostly on the character developments. Like for instance how Daenerys suddenly became a mad queen without properly establishing the prelude to it. All the other issues were fans issues. GOT has the most obsessed fandom ever. This is why anyone copying it in some aspects can expect reactions from GOT fanatics. 

So this is my concern about Arthdal Chronicles, they have a complex plot but they only made 18 episodes.(Although I honestly laughed at the poor quality of poster and SJK make up.) 

Which poor quality of poster and am i the only one who likes the make up? 

6 hours ago, Neunji said:

Did anyone see also that this series will be split into 3 season with the last season airing in september which gives it like a 2 month off from season 2 to season 3? Anyone seen any drama like this before because it really doesn't make sense in my mind to give it a break when filming was already completed.

Gives time for another drama to air in the middle so they can work on FX. 

I've seen Episode 2, and all I can say is I'm loving this drama so far.  Very different story from other series. I'm also tired of people comparing this to GOT. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward on next week's episode.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, MrEildriz said:

I've seen Episode 2, and all I can say is I'm loving this drama so far.  Very different story from other series. I'm also tired of people comparing this to GOT. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward on next week's episode.

Yeah episode 2 was amazing im loving this drama alot. 

• Like 5

Of late, I hardly watch any kdrama - why because it feels like the same thing different name.  So I decided to try this episode and to be honest I'm hooked, I liked most aspects of it especially the background story of the key characters, the fact that one tribe are full of dreamers etc.  I cannot compare it with game of thrones because I have never watched it nor have I watched an american drama regularly for over 7 years.  Why - some of them has gone too far in one's personal principles and its like they are trying to force feed it to the viewers that it is okay to be or live like that when I'm not, the other is the fact that they go on forever especially the popular ones.

So for me to comment here in a good while shows interest and I will continue to watch this drama looking forward to the next episode. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

I just tuned on this drama because of song joong ki and needless to say i am hooked.... 2nd episode threw the light that eun some can be aramun .. but how it is supposed to bring bad luck... That's the biggest question

Bad luck for who is the question to the aggressive killers or to the people hes around. I think he will bring bad luck to the aggressors by destroying them. 

• Like 2

Oh boy,i loved the second episode even more than the first and i wanted more because it went soooo fast...I really wanted to see for such a long time a fantasy drama including mithology and chosen one that rignt now i'm right in the sky level happiness!

Don't know about u guys but i found EunSeom soooo beautiful when he dived in that water and his eyes turned pink and his pale purple lips,i really hope it won't be the last time we see him with his special eyes!Anticipating so much his bounding with his horse,his friend...The last moments when we saw him riding the horse and Mubaek realized who the horse is and who is the one riding him were soooo awesome!I can't wait for all the others to see that the Legend is real!Hope he will be able to hear the horse voice as well...

Hope we'll dwelve more into this legends and all the mystic of it because they are sooo beautiful along the custom's of this tribes because they are facinating...The show doesn't hide the brutality and oh boy,what brutality!(at least not that wide in kdramas unlike other shows) and i'm really invested in the journey of this characters and what will they bring,their rise and the others fall because that much slaughter and blood can't end well...Can't wait for Eun Seom to find out who he is and were he path leads him...

I wanted to say this since yesterday but i really love the detail they put with the Igutu and making them have purple blood as the mix of both races and not just plain blood,it makes it quite special along the pale purple lips...I'm a bit sad that Asa Hon didn't realize(or maybe she did in her last moments) that her son even if he is the reincarnation or chosen one by Aramun was meant for greater things,to be a hero and not a calamity or bad omen and she wasn't cursed for betraying her people back then...Also, i hope all this bad people last to see EunSeom conquer Asadal and be his King,that the one that has that filthy blood,blood of a monster,the kind that they hunted and slughtered rules the land that they cared so much;I must say Gods are fickle and cruel and will surely punish them...

Ending it,was curious as i've been reading it for some time but who came with that comparision of GOT/was it media,producion or plain speculation from other outside people because i think it was a big mistake if it was made by the production and if by outside plain dumb and ignorant as not every fantasy drama is by default a GOT copycat as everything must revolve around it (didn't they know about fantasy cdramas that existed since soooo many years back before GOT?)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

I just tuned on this drama because of song joong ki and needless to say i am hooked.... 2nd episode threw the light that eun some can be aramun .. but how it is supposed to bring bad luck... That's the biggest question

I think like many prophecies they are just misunderstood and like @ForgottenSoulx said he will more than sure bring calamity upon the tribes that slaughtered and took what didn't belong to them for their own greed in his name...Also,people from Wahan Tribe might think for a moment that indeed be is a bringer of death like it was said but later on they will realize he is actually the saviour of them...

Usually in this type of stories(fantasy) the chosen one is born in a time of great distress and is meant to bring peace and prosperity and punish the sinners and we kinda saw how EunSeom was born...I doubt that the Gods would stay idle and watch this people do sooo heinous things in his name...Like we saw in this episode when The Elder ones of the tribe spoke in private about one of the prophecies and what it meant the Elder Mother that it wasn't meant to be interpreted as bad or good and to see the great picture behind the words...

So I for one i'm quite eager to see EunSeom journey in descovering who he is and what his destiny is...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miky88 said:

I think like many prophecies they are just misunderstood and like @ForgottenSoulx said he will more than sure bring calamity upon the tribes that slaughtered and took what didn't belong to them for their own greed in his name...Also,people from Whan Tribe might think for a moment that indeed be is a bringer of death like it was said but later on they will realize he is actually the saviour of them...

Usually in this type of stories(fantasy) the chosen one is born in a time of great distress and is meant to bring peace and prosperity and punish the sinners and we kinda saw how EunSeom was born...I doubt that the Gods would stay idle and watch this people do sooo heinous things in his name...Like we saw in this episode when The Elder ones of the tribe spoke in private about one of the prophecies and what it meant the Elder Mother that it wasn't meant to be interpreted as bad or good and to see the great picture behind the words...

So I for one i'm quite eager to see EunSeom journey in descovering who he is and what his destiny is...

Exactly hes the bringer of death and destruction to the people who deserve it and the saviours for the people these aggressors have attacked. 

• Like 4

..whew...ep 2 is so much better :D

I really like that idea where name ties you down to something. I find it quite beautiful and deep. And having a dream. Esp. towards that end when Eun Som asked for a name to keep him going and then Tan Ya giving him the name 'Dream'.

Arthdal-Chronicles-Episode-02-1.gif

Eun Som and Tan Ya moments are too cute...too bad, I feel like we won't be seeing another anytime soon. Eun Som trying to kiss Tan Ya is sooo cute :lol:...

Arthdal-Chronicles-Episode-02-2.gif

Arthdal-Chronicles-Episode-02-3.gif

Watching ep 2 is like watching a separate movie, I almost forgot ep 1 and how it connects to ep 2. This is actually a refreshing concept in a drama. So like Arth is the advanced civilization while Wahan is shown to be the people still learning it. So now that it's implied that Eun Som is Aramun, then it actually fits SJK's character description as conqueror of Arthdal. Just that Aramun is supposed to be the god and the founder of Arthdal Nation, so am still quite confused on that part.

Tan Ya is described as the 'one who breaks the shell', so idk if Eun Som will be the one who will bring disaster. Though I believe that that 'disaster' doesn't necessarily mean bad for all. Both born in the same day during the Azure Comet so they are already connected. Tan Ya led Eun Som to Wahan. So everything is according to the prophecy. I'm so looking forward to how these two children of prophecy will stand against these barbaric Sarams of Arth. I remember when the writers said that Tan Ya may seem weak but she's the scariest of them. Looking forward to that as well:D.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Watching ep 2 is like watching a separate movie, I almost forgot ep 1 and how it connects to ep 2. This is actually a refreshing concept in a drama. So like Arth is the advanced civilization while Wahan is shown to be the people still learning it. So now that it's implied that Eun Som is Aramun, then it actually fits SJK's character description as conqueror of Arthdal. Just that Aramun is supposed to be the god and the founder of Arthdal Nation, so am still quite confused on that part.

Tan Ya is described as the 'one who breaks the shell', so idk if Eun Som will be the one who will bring disaster. Though I believe that that 'disaster' doesn't necessarily mean bad for all. Both born in the same day during the Azure Comet so they are already connected. Tan Ya led Eun Som to Wahan. So everything is according to the prophecy. I'm so looking forward to how these two children of prophecy will stand against these barbaric Sarams of Arth. I remember when the writers said that Tan Ya may seem weak but she's the scariest of them. Looking forward to that as well:D.

Eun Som i guess will be the true ruler and will create the real nation for all of Arthdal, i agree that episode 2 was miles better then episode 1 and i think thats because it focused only in one area. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

..whew...ep 2 is so much better :D

I really like that idea where name ties you down to something. I find it quite beautiful and deep. And having a dream. Esp. towards that end when Eun Som asked for a name to keep him going and then Tan Ya giving him the name 'Dream'.

Based on the official synopsis we already know if they don't change it, that Tanya is meant to be the First Female Prime Minister,so i think their connection and the gift given by the Gods upon both of them (being born in the same day)is also that they will both bring the change in this world in different ways,EunSeom as the reincarnation of Aramun,who more likely doesn't like the way his home is managed and the horrors in his name so he wants to set things right and make the King someone who deserves it and  both of them will end up joining hands as King and Prime Minister for this new world they will build for every tribe to live in...So in different ways both are saviours but with different ways of doing it...I'm also sure that's why Tanya didn't get her gift yet,because it was not the time for it and she will be able to "dream" in her journey and see her own path and how will be able to help EunSeom and maybe even understand Asa Hon's words back then ...

abay the way guys,but don't u think the design on his back after his scabs fallen is the lonicera flower?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Based on the official synopsis we already know if they don't change it, that Tanya is meant to be the First Female Prime Minister,so i think their connection and the gift given by the Gods upon both of them (being born in the same day)is also that they will both bring the change in this world in different ways,EunSeom as the reincarnation of Aramun,who more likely doesn't like the way his home is managed and the horrors in his name so he wants to set things right and make the King someone who deserves it and  both of them will end up joining hands as King and Prime Minister for this new world they will build for every tribe to live in...So in different ways both are saviours but with different ways of doing it...I'm also sure that's why Tanya didn't get her gift yet,because it was not the time for it and she will be able to "dream" in her journey and see her own path and how will be able to help EunSeom and maybe even understand Asa Hon's words back then ...

abay the way guys,but don't u think the design on his back after his scabs fallen is the licorice flower?

Why doesnt she just became queen alongside him the fact she apparently becomes PM tells me that they dont end up together then? Also considering the time this is supposed to be in which is way back a PM does not make much sense. 

I wish we saw more of this guy his acting and this cene was so good. 

Also agree with this i wish we saw more of them/.

Ratings increased for second episode which is pretty good considering all those negative comments lets hope it continues to rise. 

• Like 10

Episode 2 was great and the ending was intense, it even made me cry during the forced separation between Eun Seom and Tan Ya . 

Tan Ya " Dream ! That's your name. Because you're my dream as well as Wahan's. "

I mean how beautiful is that :bawling:

And yes I fear they won't end up together because it's a sad habit of the writers...

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, loversbridge said:

Episode 2 was great and the ending was intense, it even made me cry during the forced separation between Eun Seom and Tan Ya . 

Tan Ya " Dream ! That's your name. Because you're my dream as well as Wahan's. "

I mean how beautiful is that :bawling:

And yes I fear they won't end up together because it's a sad habit of the writers...

It must be a choice though cause im predicting he becomes king and if she becomes PM they have so much power that surely they should be together but lets see what happens. 

I think i need to watch the episodes again or read a very detailed explanation on what the dreams mean and why hes predicted to bring disaster and what him being aramun fully means that is the only thing i dont fully understand. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think i need to watch the episodes again or read a very detailed explanation on what the dreams mean and why hes predicted to bring disaster and what him being aramun fully means that is the only thing i dont fully understand. 

U should re-watch indeed the first ep and the part were young Tagon does the prayer to Aramun for the warrior...He quite well describes him and his porpuse...More likely like Asa Hon said in the night of the slaughter,Aramun stopped looking at them as the ones worthy of his Kingdom(the rats) and reincarnated once again having two voices(aka Eun Som and Tanya) to conquer once again the land and get rid of them and make Arthdal a nation,an empire with a worthy ruler...

I think that if the tribes didn't break the peace and didn't loose to the greed the God wouldn't have turned his back on them and see them as the enemy that needs to be vanquished and him starting once again like in the legend to create a new Arthdal...(the ending naration of Asa Hon being quite in sync)

Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification who brings Arthdal together...

In some sense this premise really reminds of a book i adore and really recomand if u adore fantasy,myths,chosen one and elements that are here The Last Namsara

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

U should re-watch indeed the first ep and the part were young Tagon does the prayer to Aramun for the warrior...He quite well describes him and his porpuse...More likely like Asa Hon said in the night of the slaughter,Aramun stopped looking at them as the ones worthy of his Kingdom(the rats) and reincarnated once again having two voices(aka Eun Som and Tanya) to conquer once again the land and get rid of them and make Arthdal a nation,an empire with a worthy ruler...

I think that if the tribes didn't break the peace and didn't loose to the greed the God wouldn't have turned his back on them and see them as the enemy that needs to be vanquished and him starting once again like in the legend to create a new Arthdal...(the ending naration of Asa Hon being quite in sync)

Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification who brings Arthdal together...

In some sense this premise really reminds of a book i adore and really recomand if u adore fantasy,myths,chosen one and elements that are here The Last Namsara

Yeah that is what i was thinking so it seems i was right and was maybe just over thinking it and getting my self confused. 

• Like 3