[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

Hi chingus, glad to have found this thread. I am such a fan of this series! Honestly, this has kept me alive since the finale of Game of Thrones. Can’t wait for Part 3 in September! 

Just curious though, according to some sites, the show is not really doing good locally? How so? My husband and I watched on Netflix and enjoyed every episode of it. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, dlvelasco said:

Hi chingus, glad to have found this thread. I am such a fan of this series! Honestly, this has kept me alive since the finale of Game of Thrones. Can’t wait for Part 3 in September! 

Just curious though, according to some sites, the show is not really doing good locally? How so? My husband and I watched on Netflix and enjoyed every episode of it. 

me too...i was so sad after Game of Thrones ended. Can’t wait for Part 3 in September!

• Like 1

Episode 12 started off slow but it had two meaningful moments to me.  The first moment was sad.  It was when Satenic (sp?) died and everyone put their hands on him and said their name and tribe.  Satenic was also correct when he said that they would stab someone to see if they were truly dead.  It was moving and sad.

The second moment was powerful.  Tanya's dance was not as beautiful as it was when she danced with Eunseom, but it was very gripping.  The bird coming through the ceiling and almost perching on Tanya's hand, the anticipation of it all had my heart beating wildly.  I wasn't even sure what I was feeling when the bird flew into the ceiling breaking the shield. I was like, "what is going to happen now?" "OMG, the bird killed itself." "Oh no, what is Tanya going to do now?" "Oh snap, she did not just use a sling shot!" "What is that... it doesn't look like a bell?" "Well damn!"

The anticipation was oh so good! Tanya recalling her learning was great! And then... the sound of the bell...just WOW!!!

I have not been a big Tanya and Saya fan, but Tanya made up for it in this episode. Saya's expression when he heard the bell.  Flawless!

However, I am ready for Eunseom's arc.  I'm ready to see him rise and become great. I'm ready for the love story to flourish.  

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

They said there were five “blue blood” survivors. As I remember we have met 3 so far. I’m wondering if the other two are the twins S. and E.? Maybe as the kids they thought the twins were also “blue-blood”?

You forgot Tagon the most powerful blue blood of all.  Guess no one knows about him.  After this he won't need to marry an Asa.  It seems he will need to survive a coup d'état.

Black to how many neanthals exist, we're not sure.  We know of three.

• Like 1

0EaBrWM.jpg

I don't know why they cut this scene from the part 3 trailer for international viewers but it looks like Tanya was crying, poor girl can't catch a break huh. She's at the peak of power but I guess she feels like she's imprisoned in a fancy birdcage and can't go to find Eunseom

• Like 5

On 7/6/2019 at 8:31 PM, herina_90 said:

@rcalma holy! how did she manage to hide all these years (and why are her eyes not blue?) so she's the second kid along with rottip?

@herina_90 , Maybe because her father severed her powers? Maybe that's why she doesn't have blue eyes and she is also weak. 

• Like 2

Next season will mainly be about Eun Seom and he is on his way to becoming the Sword that slays the world, hypeee! I'm also interested in what role the new female character in the preview will play in the final season, she seems to be a general of an army. And when will the other Neanthal kid that Ragaz and Asa Hon raised appear anyway?

• Like 2

Heol, I just finished episode 11 last night and am yet to watch episode 12. WHAT AM I DOING HERE? I am very thirsty for spoilers hahaha

Episode 11 is so good but slow, I need more Saya and Tanya interactions though. :D 

I am happy also that finally Eunsoom's storyline is developing.

3 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

I don't know why they cut this scene from the part 3 trailer for international viewers but it looks like Tanya was crying, poor girl can't catch a break huh. She's at the peak of power but I guess she feels like she's imprisoned in a fancy birdcage and can't go to find Eunseom

Am I bad if this scene made my heart flutter? I mean poor Tanya but I ship them! LOL

They really showed a lot of interactions between Saya and Tanya and that made viewers become invested in their relationship and I am one of those. I feel bad for Saya because of his unrequited love and I also feel bad for Tanya because of her situation.

I am very frustrated with how slow they make Eunsoom's storyline. I mean if they will make a lot of episodes,I can understand but only 6 episodes left! :( 

EUNSOOM YOU NEED TO STEP UP YOUR GAME! 

Well, I just hope that they will not rush the ending.

13 hours ago, nikir said:

Looks like the tribes are going to fight each other!! Saya will clearly do anything for Tanya..I wonder if Tanya will tell him that her heart is with ES n that he is alive.. !! 

@nikir Poor Saya. It will be very heartbreaking for him :(

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, herina_90 said:

We still havent had the big reveals that there are twins + Kanmoreu the horse legend is real + who is the real Aramun. So much to cover in the last 6 episodes!! It kinda looked like a preview for the whole season because we have Tagon and Taealha fighting off people yet Tagon on the throne at the same time + the new girl (I really wished they didn't add another new character at this pt...) who EunSeom rescues (?) somehow in the woods. Will they really cover so much in the first 2 eps? Tanya actually starting to look a little miserable in her position too.  

Okay just finished watching the last episode of part 2.

I believe the girl should be the wife of the guy who just died in the mines Saneik something like that.

He mentioned she will repay them. 

I have another theory different then what I had... it could be  that...

Who is the real Aramun... somehow maybe the Aramun isn't one person... Since they say aramun is an Igutu.. .or maybe it was just two person from two world... SY and ES. 

On 7/7/2019 at 3:36 AM, Tagonim said:

Here is my assessment regarding the end of the world prophesy, it turns out that Tagon will play as the CHOSEN ONE/HERO who will save the world and yes ES, SY and Tanya are the ones who will end the WORLD, But i dont think so... i look at it in reverse perspective and I dont take it literary. What ASA SAKAN  told Mubaek the WORLD that will end is not actually ARTHDAL, the WORLD she is talking about without realizing it is the GREEDINESS and the EVILNESS of the ARTHDAL, not the ARTHDAL itself but the UNION or the civilization that SARAM used to create, if that so SY, ES and TANYA is not actual a curse they are the ones who will save and resurrect the WORLD of ARTHDAL and finally end the GREEDINESS and EVILNESS of the UNION/CIVILIZATION of ARTHDAL. Remember what the ASA SAKAN says to Mubaek "if the world ends, we will go back to the living like the savage brutes in the Ancient times" but i am hoping that it will creat a new WORLD not of what she predict. TAGON will only fights for the sake of CIVILIZATION and turning a union to become KINGDOM/NATION becoming a KING.

This is totally what I think... world ending doesn't mean everyone dies... but like in Kenshin, in order to create a new world order things must be destroyed in a sense like "world war" there will be some death. but like old thinking broken, political structures crushed, all those need to go in order for the new world to accept Igutu. I feel Igutu is the future us... so i think its a build up to how we humans became... 

Btw, did anyone feel adult Rottip looks like kid rottip? Great Casting!

11 hours ago, herina_90 said:

@vangsweetie637 hi chingu!!! didn't see you in the thread!! good to see you again :D

I feel like I'm going to revisit all these episodes again in a month's time so I can recall all the prophecies before part 3 lol. The scene of Tanya finding the bell felt quite rewarding so I think writers are doing a pretty good job linking it up (I never expected the 'death' to just be of the bird). In terms of character development, it kindaaa feels like only Tanya and EunSeom (albeit slower) have really changed since ep 1. Tagon and Taealha are basically the same people they've been the whole series. 

If I think of the last ep of Part 3 being the successful takeover of Arthdal, I guess I can see why the pacing has been this way. The writers had to let Tagon take over first (rather than Tagon ruling from ep 1) so we can see what kind of ruler/person he is, and I guess put us behind supporting EunSeom in taking over.  

It's to be expected that Tagon and Taealha be the same.. they said so as much themselves in the show... 

11 hours ago, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

They said there were five “blue blood” survivors. As I remember we have met 3 so far. I’m wondering if the other two are the twins S. and E.? Maybe as the kids they thought the twins were also “blue-blood”?

I think they don't mean literally blue blood maybe just someone they considered "family" ES and SY. 

On 7/6/2019 at 7:07 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Totally agree. The other kid is a boy.

So we have yet to see him. Nunbyeol is probably just another Neanthal survivor. And yup, agree as well that it's ES they're looking for. I just don't know how they ended up in that place where they treated ES. 

Kinda agree with you there. I know they were building his character, but it's been too slow. Saya has been hogging the spotlight whom I believe should be of ES (well, no complaints there coz it's still SJK anyways) but, you know, it has been sooooo slow...lot of things have already happened and he has yet to know anything of everything. Don't really get how the writer is gonna work on that.

Nweanthal dream.. maybe he saw ES there.

BTW, does anything think Tagon's mother is that lady Neanthal at the meeting of the tribes way back in ep 1. She and Sanung kind of exchanged a look when the talk fell through. 

• Like 7

hi there , my first post on this thread , hi everyone ...
I must say I love this fairy tale very much ... I love all fairy tales and  Arthdal Chronicles is one of the best  I saw in the last years ... I enjoied it very much and this 12 episode was the best .
 I first whatched the show because of Song Joong Ki  but till now i enjoyed more the Jang Dong Gun hero Tagon. I think this is due to the double characters Eunsom and Saya  that SJK has to do and my sympathy is divided in two ...
Aside of this,  the story is wery well writed, the plot is so alambicated, the character's good and bad sides are so mixed, till the point when dont know whitch to like and whitch to hate. All the characters are important and all the cast are very good and each one is the best choice for the rol. Congrats!! 

As a last thought for the story, I think the leading woman who seems to help Eunsom in the season three preview is Satenic's wife.

As he said before he died, his wife will help his last friends ...

(must say as a side note : 

how nice ... the attitude of Eunsom, an Igeutu hated by all, to refuse to kill the dying Satenic, finally managed to unite all of them).

I look forward to the third part.
Of course :):wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, naori87 said:

BTW, does anything think Tagon's mother is that lady Neanthal at the meeting of the tribes way back in ep 1. She and Sanung kind of exchanged a look when the talk fell through

Oh, you mean the translator on episode 1? That could be a great theory! 

I am excited to see also how the Wahan tribe will be dignified on Part 3. From being tortured and imprisoned to being the celebrated direct descendant of Asa Sin. Excited to see how Great Father will help Tanya in her rule. 

• Like 5

With subs, loved eps 12,  loved the deep understanding between Taehla and Tagon!! Mihol - a mastermind, no matter which way, he saved his life fr now!! 

No one trusts the other in Arthdal - Can we blame Saya for wanting to be selfish, he grew up watching this world and yet he hates the greed and wants to be free!! Saya can go either ways , he obviously cherishes Tanya too much so will not cause harm to her and knowing the person he saw in his dream all the time was his brother - that itself is a very deep connection..both ES and Saya will know how the other person felt all the time growing up ! Really tough decisions for Saya - feel sad for him - he grew up in a golden cage and he never knew happiness and without Tanya, he will never be happy ( Unless Senarae comes back alive - which is unlikely??).:tears:

Also, why did Tagon want Saya to call him his father - is he trying in his own skewed way to right the wrongs done to Neanthals by making Saya his heir? Is he really planning to make Saya his heir? Now, obviously its advantageous to keep Saya alive since he would want themt to be married and under his control - but his heir? 

Tanya - by the preview, looks like she will not tell Saya about ES? him being alive and being his twin..Why? Am curious to find out!! But yes she is def caught up!! Maybe Saya knows and still wants to woo her?

Also, I think there is still hope for Tagon, he wants to avoid the killing of his people at any cost, his heart lies with his people, maybe Tanya with her just ways may make Tagon to be considerate? He did save baby Saya and he loves Taelha too much!! Even Taelha is who she is because of her Father. The key Arthdal characters ( Tagon, Taelha and Saya) have some good in them! And Taelha is too strong to die in anyone's hand but ES..Cant wait for season3!! 

And I think Nunbyeol will eventialy go with Rottip. Yeseoroboo is too old for her! Seies may end with Neanthals leaving Saram to go live peacefully wherever they want

Yes, the lady in preview is Satanic's wife and now ES has an army to help him!! I think the preview is for Ep 13 and 14 , so hopefully it will move fast!! 

Too many questions!! And to wait till September for it!! Not fair!! 

PS: When will Mugwang finally die ..Tanya predicted him dying twice and he is yet to die lol:D

• Like 9

Hi all, does anyone know why should part 3 be aired in September?  Why does it have to be a 2-month pause while parts 1 & 2 immediately run sequentially in June?

can’t wait to see Tanya ruling in episode 13.. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chocola25 said:

Hi all, does anyone know why should part 3 be aired in September?  Why does it have to be a 2-month pause while parts 1 & 2 immediately run sequentially in June?

@Chocola25: I am not really sure but they said it is because they need time to work with all the effects. I hope that the hype wont die during the 2 month hiatus. September is too far away. :(

56 minutes ago, Chocola25 said:

can’t wait to see Tanya ruling in episode 13.. 

I havent watch episode 12 yet but I am so excited for Tanya's new look! She will be stunning as a ruler! Tanya rise! :D

• Like 2

Just watched ep 12 and got chills all over when Tanya ring the bell!!

Now girl know why she needs to learn the dance properly, Asa Sin had really predicted this all.

The preview showed a coup happened and both Tagon and Tealha almost got killed.

That young lady who moved the army is Danbyeok (Tagon’s bro)’s daughter!!!!

Remember that she was in tribe leaders meeting and Tealha kinda disliked her.

She might think that her dad dies cos of Tagon so she moves the army who loyal to Danbyeok.

Saya torturing Mihol isn’t really what I want to see from him but I guess it can’t be helped.

Mihol played dirty so he needs to get it back although we still need to hear Remus story from him.

Apparently their lives at Remus are destroyed by ‘something’ and that ‘thing’ related to Arthdal, thus he has this ‘duty’ to find out and revenge, that’s what he kept telling Tealha to remember but ofc she’s way beyond that.

I have to admit I skipped through ES scenes for most times cos it’s too painful to watch. But from the preview it looked like he made it and escaped, also become leader of the tormented people. I can see that later, this will lead to ‘change of the world’ that Asa Sakan is worried about, enough so she wanted Tanya to stop try finding the bell. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, naori87 said:

I believe the girl should be the wife of the guy who just died in the mines Saneik something like that.

He mentioned she will repay them. 

Btw, did anyone feel adult Rottip looks like kid rottip? Great Casting!

BTW, does anything think Tagon's mother is that lady Neanthal at the meeting of the tribes way back in ep 1. She and Sanung kind of exchanged a look when the talk fell through. 

Ahhhh i didn't think of that - I guess I never associated love for the sea with strong army haha... 

And yes I think the kid casting for all the characters were awesome! Nunbyeol's young counterpart was so cute and pretty! Kid EunSeom/Saya was also a great match.

I think the theory on Tagon's mother is very likely, but Tagon will never get to meet her (since NunByeol is the only female Neanthal left)...

13 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

It was in the preview for the Netflix episode though! Yes she looks miserable really - maybe crying about what she was announcing of tearing limbs apart before? I wonder end of season 3 - will we see a Tanya who has let go of her role as one with the "highest honour" or will she continue using her new position for the people's good?

9 hours ago, nikir said:

PS: When will Mugwang finally die ..Tanya predicted him dying twice and he is yet to die lol:D

I want to see his reaction when he learns Tanya is the High Priest now first :w00t:

• Like 7