[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

21 hours ago, blukimchikdrama said:

behind the scenes making of episode 9/10 with eng subs part 1

ha ha. thnks for the video.. this answered what i was wondering..

when everyone is in cloak or full clothes, why does Tae goes everywhere wearing sleeveless

• Like 4

After the next 2 episodes, we'll have 6 episodes left.

Can we get to the TY's curse already?

giphy.gif

At this point, I honestly believe that Season 2 will be the same cast. There's no way things will be wrapped up with this cast this season with the way things have been going.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, scarletlover1 said:

At this point, I honestly believe that Season 2 will be the same cast. There's no way things will be wrapped up with this cast this season with the way things have been going.

You mean Season 3? Of course, it'll be the same cast. They only divided this into like 3 seasons. I just hope it won't be just 6 episodes for Season 3, tho.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Icy Queen said:

Think S2 will end with a big cliffhanger reunion of ES, TY & SY...then a torturous 2 months wait for S3 for the battle and how these 3 will revolutionize Arth.

Can't believe its the last weekend of Arthdal for the next 3 months >< I wonder if they will give us a preview tomorrow for Season 3...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Icy Queen said:

Think S2 will end with a big cliffhanger reunion of ES, TY & SY...then a torturous 2 months wait for S3 for the battle and how these 3 will revolutionize Arth.

Yes this is what I think so too.... though it will be torturous for us!!  not sure if there will be a preview

I guess they will have some major previews n charts or interviews in August to build the momentum

Counting the hours for tonight..

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

@rcalma holy! how did she manage to hide all these years (and why are her eyes not blue?) so she's the second kid along with rottip?

yeah... i was wondering the blue eyes that nweanthal has... she sure hides it... but good thing the remaining nweantal saw the good thing on some Saram which is Chae Eum's clan and they didn't harm them.

• Like 5

Ep11 Recap

Spoiler

tumblr_pu83a3WZAk1u2dd0eo1_1280.png

tumblr_pu83a3WZAk1u2dd0eo2_1280.png

tumblr_pu83a3WZAk1u2dd0eo4_1280.png

tumblr_pu83a3WZAk1u2dd0eo3_1280.png

Tanya's curse on Moo-Gwang will now came true. Nweantal's will be the one that will kill him brutally.

tumblr_pu83a3WZAk1u2dd0eo6_1280.png

tumblr_pu83a3WZAk1u2dd0eo7_1280.png

When their fellow Kin was in grave danger our good nweantals to the rescue....

• Like 10

Spoiler

5 New Characters With The Potential To Shake Things Up In “Arthdal Chronicles”

5 New Characters With The Potential To Shake Things Up In “Arthdal Chronicles”

Jul 6, 2019
by C. Hong

As “Arthdal Chronicles” moves solidly into its second half, several new characters have been introduced with the potential to shake things up for the inhabitants of Arth.

“Arthdal Chronicles” is an epic fantasy drama about heroes who write their own legends in the mythical city of Arthdal. Part 1 introduced Eun Seom (Song Joong Ki), a half-human, half-Neanderthal who becomes a warrior to rescue the Wahan tribe, Tanya (Kim Ji Won), the successor and shaman of the Wahan tribe, Ta Gon (Jang Dong Gun), a warrior who aims to be the king of Arth, and Taealha (Kim Ok Bin), an ambitious politician with her eyes on the throne.

Spoilers

Part 2 introduced a second role for Song Joong Ki as Eun Seom’s twin, Saya, though they were separated when they were young. Last week’s episodes also introduced two Neanderthals, Yiseuroobeu and Rottip, a girl named Nunbyeol, and two slaves named Satenic and Ipsaeng.

Yiseuroobeu (Song Jong Ho)

Spoiler

song-jong-ho-arthdal-chronicles.jpg

At the beginning of the drama, the inhabitants of Arth banded together to wipe out the Neanderthals (also called Neanthals) in order to take their land for farming. Yiseuroobeu was one of the greatest hunters among the Neanderthals and was in line to be the chieftain before the Neanderthals were wiped out. He attended the initial meeting between the Neanderthals and the tribes of the Arthdal Union and was disposed to be friendly toward humans. However, after the leaders of the Arthdal Union killed his people in a mass genocide, it is expected that Yiseuroobeu is now out for revenge.

Rottip (2PM’s Nichkhun)

nichkhun-arthdal-chronicles.jpg

Rottip is an interesting character not only because he is played by 2PM’s Nichkhun, but also because he is the only person who knows that Eun Seom and Saya are twins. The character appeared briefly in Part 1 as a Neanderthal child who was rescued by Asa Hon and Ragaz, Eun Seom and Saya’s parents. After Ragaz was killed and Asa Hon left for Iark with Eun Seom, Rottip joined forces with Yiseuroobeu. His childhood with Asa Hon has taught him about the people and customs of Arth, making him a valuable ally in Yiseuroobeu’s plans. Viewers are also curious as to whether he’ll recognize Eun Seom and Saya if they meet again.

Ipsaeng (Kim Sung Cheol)

kim-sung-cheol-arthdal-chronicles.jpg

Ipsaeng is one of the slaves who works the mines with Eun Seom after he is taken prisoner. He is described as a character who will betray anyone for the sake of survival and became a slave after selling out his fellow tribe members. However, he is friendly to Eun Seom and stops the other slaves from bullying him. He dreams of making his escape by stealing gems here and there from the mine, and asks Eun Seom if he would be willing to escape with him. His history of betrayal, however, makes him a dangerous potential ally.

Nunbyeol (Ahn Hye Won)

arthdal-chronicles-ahn-hye-won.jpg

Viewers were interested in Nunbyeol from her very first appearance, as she is played by Ahn Hye Won, a Russia-born actress and model also known as Elena Ahn. She is a war orphan who was adopted by the doctor Ha Rim, making viewers curious as to her true parentage. She is learning how to fight with swords, but tires easily and has a weak constitution. She also joins her adopted sister, Chae Eun, in secret meetings of the illegal religious group known as the White Peak’s Hearts. At the end of the latest episode, Nunbyeol was shown retreating in terror after meeting the Neanderthals Yiseuroobeu and Rottip.

Satenic (Jo Byeong Gyu)

Spoiler

jo-byeong-gyu-arthdal-chronicles.jpg

Jo Byeong Gyu also made a strong impression with his first appearance as Satenic, a slave in the same mine as Eun Seom and Ipsaeng. He is the weakest of the slaves and the other slaves frequently bully him as a result. Even though the other slaves despise Eun Seom because he is half-Neanderthal, Satenic is sympathetic and intrigued by Eun Seom, making him a strong contender as a future ally.

Seems like Season 3 will become more interesting. There will be some new faces (foreign) who will be joining for the last Season. And oh, Satenic, didn't know that was his background..omg..lots of allies are slowly rising and showing up.

So, I was right, the actress playing Nunbyeol is of a foreign blood, that's why her acting strikes me as someone amateur yet, most esp. the way she speaks. I wonder why they're using new actors.

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 7

On 7/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, nikir said:

I watched ep 3 again n i think Nunbyeol is a Neanthal

Just like i said.. :)but how is she younger than ES and Saya

this episode was good but didn't move as fast as I expected.. expected lot of interactions between Taya n ES . Will wait for the subs to get the full understanding.. 

Tagon two timed Saya as expected.. Saya knows Tagon isn't trustworthy so why did he believe him!! 

ES part is moving slow.. and finally trow Tanya will be become part of Asa clan.. Looks like season 3 episodes  wil be fast paced since since all the cards will be revealed to everyone then!!!

• Like 8

Yikes...so in the end, Tagon got his hands on Tanya. Curious as to what will happen now. Only one episode...nooo...will they satisfy us for the last episode or just leave us hanging until September comes 12-11.gif Season 3 then should be more than 6 episodes, it ain't enough.

17 minutes ago, nikir said:

Just like i said.. :)but how is she younger than ES and Saya

Yes, she does look younger compared to SY and ES..but let's just say she's younger looking...ha ha...since people can look younger than their actual age in real life  funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-23_18-29-13.gif .

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 4

Watching it again, i think Nunbyeol wasn't the other child with AsaHon... She looked a lot younger when she was found compared to the scenes where Rottip was a kid. Not really sure what's the writer's purpose of having NunByeol as a Neanthal in the entire storyline - maybe the bit of her eight lineages being severed is meant for something? And I'm pretty sure the Neanthals are looking for Saya/Eunseom in Arthdal. 

Actually thought this episode was quite slow. Although we see the start of Tanya developing her psychic abilities, everything else was a lot of scheming but no real progress. Now we know Tagon is ready to kill even Saya (all while we still don't know why he saved Saya in the first place).

Looks like a lot will happen tomorrow - it looks like Tanya might rise to be the HIgh Priest tomorrow, and I suspect EunSeom will only arrive in Arthdal right at the end of tomorrow's ep.

• Like 7