[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

4 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

It wouldn't be surprising that the 2 neanthals came there because they are protected by the White Peak Mountain Heart Society.  Soompians' theory that the Chaeeun little sister Nunbyeol could be an Igutu is quite plausible.  that may explain why Chaeun, without hesitation, help Eunseon when she met him in episode 3.  When told by the farmer he accidentally killed, Eunseon was distressed that he is a disgusting Igutu spawn of the even more disgusting Neanthal...Chaeun said :  Neanthal are beautiful.

That kind of familiarity must come from personal experience, i.e. having family member who are like that or protecting friends who are like that.   Plus the White Peak Mountain Heart society worship Aramun as an Igutu (a half saram half neanthal).  Well time will tell.

Also they are quite well dressed and obviously well fed and obviously comfortable with Arthdal city...so some saram must protect them.

the most intriguing question for the ending is if there will be a world full of saram ONLY,  or a world full of saram and igutu and maybe even a few neanthals?  This reader, being cynical, picks the former! so sorry @lebeaucouple

Chaeeun little sister Nunbyeol  - I think Nunbyeol is an Igutu because Chaeeun gave a lip balm to eunsom  and said her sister uses that... 

• Like 8

Nunbyeol is an igutu, pretty much confirmed ever since CE made that lip colour for ES.

So theory wise, she is probably being saved by Mubaek during the war OR she could be Tagon’s mystery sister LOL.

Igutu is born from Neanthals and Saram. Asa Sin and Ragaz have twin boys.

Tagon is from Sanung with unknown neanthal (possibly the translator lady).

Considering Nunbyeol can be same aged or younger than ES, she must be born AFTER the great hunt, when all neanthals are gone, except Ragaz and probably hidden neanthal.

I’m curious how Tanya gonna be in next few episode. Judging that Tagon would rather have her as high priest than Asa Ron, plus the fact that he captured his beloved Tealha.

Tanya will know ES is alive, I wonder does this change anything in relation of her joint with Saya.

Cos honestly if I’m her, I just need to focus on saving my dad and find ES, out of all Arthdal politic. 

I’m seriously considering a case, what if Saya is the one that confess that he’s is Asa Sin’s bloodline / Wahan sucessor. Like Tagon said, he just have to make it beliveble to the union, give byeoldaya to him and no witness needed, done.

Remember, we never actually find out why Tagon saved baby Saya. Lol. He was whistling when he saved him, Tealha said he does that when he feels excited. Tagon mentioned he purposefully does that to make it his weakness but Tealha didn’t use it but instead supporting him through all of the odds. Thus he might think he doesn’t need Saya anymore, so why does he keep him? Considering he is his weakness cos he knows that his dad is an igutu.

I’m kinda sure those two neanthals are the one who’s with Asa Sin and Ragaz. But again, we never hear the other’s name except Rottip. I’m just curious what is their intention.

Anyway, I really hope they have a good reason to air season three in September.

Its either gonna build the excitement or lose the interest.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, aren_117 said:

I was about to drop the show after episode 5 but I stayed for Saya because he is such an interesting and complex character. Since he and Tanya have more interactions now, I'm currently rooting for him. Eunsoom should really step up his game. LOL

I also wasnt that keen abt the show till Saya showed up.. he is the most interesting n unpredictable character.. the rest are clearly defined.. good vs evil.. but he can go either way 

6 hours ago, aren_117 said:

I also think that the brutality and violence are uncomfortable to watch. Maybe that's why some Koreans don't like it very much

Yes the show doesn't hesitate when it comes to violence .i couldn't watch ES scenes in episode 9..i even skipped the violent scenes in episode 1 when i saw for the first time..i guess most ppl wouldn't like it especially in the 1st episode.. too dark..

4 hours ago, Raquel Bastian said:

Chaeeun little sister Nunbyeol  - I think Nunbyeol is an Igutu because Chaeeun gave a lip balm to eunsom  and said her sister uses that... 

I watched ep 3 again n i thunk Nunbyeol is a Neanthal..

1. When Chaeun sees ES blood she says " am seeing this color blood for first time"..if her sister were an igutu.. she wud have seen that color sometime..

2. Also when Nunbyeol wakes up in ep9 she says I saw Neanthal..i know when i saw them"..i think only Neanthals have such a highly perceptive sense.. the Neanthals have come for her..

Nunbyeol is in her early teen so my guess is when 10yrs back the war ended.. Chaeuns father found her.. 

Also in ep11 preview.. she is learning to use a sword.. so i guess Nunbyeol is being trained to fight 

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Kookies and Cream said:

Remember, we never actually find out why Tagon saved baby Saya. Lol. He was whistling when he saved him, Tealha said he does that when he feels excited. 

I think saya is alive coz tagon plans to use him as a trump chip against the neanthals .. for his survival

39 minutes ago, Kookies and Cream said:

Anyway, I really hope they have a good reason to air season three in September.

Its either gonna build the excitement or lose the interest.

I read that they finished shooting on may 30th.. given thst they started thr series in June first week..i think they pbly need more time for thr special effects CGI n everything.. that cud pbly be the reason for pushing season 3.. still a risky move

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Joining the discussion here! My husband started watching this show so I jumped in mid-way and of course have been SO confused; but the interesting plot is keeping me going! I think I need to go back and start from the beginning if we're going to have a break before the 3rd "season". 

If someone can answer these questions for me:

1) What episode did Saya show up? 

2) Can someone explain the whole Tanya cursing people thing?

3) How did Tanya end up as Saya's slave, but then she doesn't act very slave like and is even bossing Saya around now?

• Like 2

@snowjewelz I think you will get your answers to all your questions if you watch from beginning na. But here's the answers:

1. Saya first shows up in episode 6

2. Tanya is the successor of the 'Great Spiritual Mother' of her tribe, it's like a wise woman/priestess and born under the prophecy of the blue comet.  Thus, she has some powers for spells and curse. 

Spoiler

Initially, Tanya didn't think she had any powers but she is trying to live up to her position and protect her people.  She began to realize that she did have some ability to put spells after giving E the name 'Dream' and hearing Kanmarou/horse's wish for a name etc. As the show progress, we know that she is now the direct decedent of Asa Sin or the Great White Wolf, a god, and thus, she had really strong psychic powers. 

Spoiler

The Wahan tribe and Tanya was captured by Tagon. Saya's is Tagon's adopted son. Previously, Tagon made a deal with Euensom to protect the Wahan tribe or E would reveal to all that Tagon is an Igutu. Thus, he wasn't planning to kill them. However, Asa Ron stole the tribe and hid them in the Fortress of Fire to richard simmons off Tagon. When the Wahan trying to escape from the Fortress of Fire, Tanya got separated and found Saya's tower and met him in episode 6. Taelha wanted to kill Tanya after discovering she found out about Saya but Tanya convinced her and Tagon that she has special powers and that she's here to protect Saya. Thus, they kept her as his maid etc. Their relationship isn't simple and it comes out in the latest two episodes.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Kookies and Cream said:

Remember, we never actually find out why Tagon saved baby Saya. Lol. He was whistling when he saved him, Tealha said he does that when he feels excited. Tagon mentioned he purposefully does that to make it his weakness but Tealha didn’t use it but instead supporting him through all of the odds. Thus he might think he doesn’t need Saya anymore, so why does he keep him? Considering he is his weakness cos he knows that his dad is an igutu.

I think... Tagon has just really has soft spot with Igutus.. young Tagon mentioned in the first ep.. your grandmother...something something lols... when he get baby Saya , but I think Tagon just had a soft spot with Igutus :) remember when Tagon's men said that ES escaped and he was an Igutu, Tagon immediately said... just tell that he escaped and he commanded to just cover it up with a false ES. 

---

is it really true that Taelha is a Neanthal?  hehe just saw one crazy theory about that in FB. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, snowjewelz said:

If someone can answer these questions for me:

1) What episode did Saya show up? 

2) Can someone explain the whole Tanya cursing people thing?

3) How did Tanya end up as Saya's slave, but then she doesn't act very slave like and is even bossing Saya around now?

1. Saya appeared in the last part of Episode 6 but he started to have more screen time in Episode 7.

2. I'm not really sure but she has psychic powers because she is the next great mother of the Wahan tribe and a direct descendant of Asa Sin (One of the goddeses in Arthdal). I think Wahan people believe that she can cast spells and stuff because of that.

Spoiler

Tanya became Saya's slave because of Taealha. Tagon and her were supposed to kill Tanya but because Tanya knew about Saenarae (Saya's past lover; Only Taealha, Hae Tuak and Saya knew about her existence), she became scared of her. She decided to make her a maid of Saya to keep an eye on him also.

Tanya acted like a real maid because Taealha has her father. Then came the news of Eunsoom's death; Tanya was devastated and wanted to die. Saya provoked her so she decided to live and to have power. She decided to use Saya as her "stone" and to do that she tricked Saya into joining her side by being obedient to him and calling him Master.

I think Tanya acted the way she acted because she formed an alliance with Saya. In Episode 10, Saya found out that she's been fooling her and Tanya confessed about everything. I don't know why but they decided to join hands after that scene. Saya has even let Tanya talk casually to him.

Tanya has become a key tool in the politics of Arthdal because she can replace Asa Ron as a high priest due to her being a direct descendant of Asa Sin. And Saya likes her sooo... :D :D

By the way, I am really confused on why Saya decided to join hands with Tanya after he found out that she has been fooling him. Isn't he supposed to be hurt about it? I thought that there's going to be a rift in their relationship because of that.

Edited by aren_117
  • Like 3

@nikir , when you said too dark. I also take it literally. The lightings of the show is too dark. It's difficult to see the scenes but it won't stop me from continuing the show. I just hope they could improve this and I hope the ratings will go higher in the next episodes. 

• Like 4

@aren_117 said:  By the way, I am really confused on why Saya decided to join hands with Tanya after he found out that she has been fooling him. Isn't he supposed to be hurt about it? I thought that there's going to be a rift in their relationship because of that.

Saya is a desperately lonely individual with a terrible secret that he cannot reveal (if saram finds out, he will be killed on the spot).  He when was young had a confidant who was killed by Hae Tuak at the order of Hae Taealha…. my guess is because the girl found out about Saya's blue blood.

All his life he was either hidden away, or furtively walk outside, not talking to anyone less they find out about his being Igutu.  In Tanya, he found some one who understands him, understands his needs (to be free) and his frustration (of being imprisoned).  She also taught him to use the sling, and open his world some what to the outside.  She despite her simplicity is not stupid.    She can think and make up her mind and can be quite rebellious (hence the various punching by Hae Tuak).  Saya admires people who are strong and intelligent.

She also reads his mind, or so he thought.  She saw him as a vulnerable boy hating birds for their freedom to fly, yet wanting to be like them so he can escape.

So when he found out about the secrets she kept from him, he was hurt, but at the same time he needs her!  Without her his oppressive world has no meaning, no joy.  In reality he would forgive her for almost any betrayal.  Plus, she put a spell on him at the end of episode 8 after she lifted it from Eunseon.

Tanya is a good influence on Saya... teaching him right from wrong.

• Like 5

I swear, in one scene and for a split second, I wondered who was the new character of a beautiful woman.  Then, I realized that it was Saya.  :blink::lol:

i wonder if Saya is going to be the most cold-heated character.  He has already shown his brilliance in scheming, planning and manipulating people.  We know that, even though he is well-read, he has neither moral compass nor understand the value of life.  I guess it will be up to Tanya to teach him. 

• Like 6

@tiger457_stv Hi! Thank you for your answer. So basically, Saya has truly fallen in love with Tanya, right? :D 

2 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

Plus, she put a spell on him at the end of episode 8 after she lifted it from Eunseon.

Yeah I remember that scene but I don't think that she lifted her spell from Eunssom because Eunsoom still holds onto his name during his time being tied up.

2 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

Yeah, I do believe that she's a good influence on her. I love that scene when they talked about the priest Saya killed because Tanya is slowly teaching him to value a human's life. 

1 hour ago, Auntie Mame said:

I wonder if Saya is going to be the most cold-heated character.  He has already shown his brilliance in scheming, planning and manipulating people.  We know that, even though he is well-read, he has neither moral compass nor understand the value of life.  I guess it will be up to Tanya to teach him. 

I do think that Saya is the most cold-hearted peron in the series right now because he has no sense of right and wrong. He is ignorant but dangerous. If he's a real person, I will be really scared of him. I really do hope that Tanya will be able to penetrate into his heart and teach him some morals. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tiger457_stv said:

@aren_117 said:  By the way, I am really confused on why Saya decided to join hands with Tanya after he found out that she has been fooling him. Isn't he supposed to be hurt about it? I thought that there's going to be a rift in their relationship because of that.

Saya is a desperately lonely individual with a terrible secret that he cannot reveal (if saram finds out, he will be killed on the spot).  He when was young had a confidant who was killed by Hae Tuak at the order of Hae Taealha…. my guess is because the girl found out about Saya's blue blood.

All his life he was either hidden away, or furtively walk outside, not talking to anyone less they find out about his being Igutu.  In Tanya, he found some one who understands him, understands his needs (to be free) and his frustration (of being imprisoned).  She also taught him to use the sling, and open his world some what to the outside.  She despite her simplicity is not stupid.    She can think and make up her mind and can be quite rebellious (hence the various punching by Hae Tuak).  Saya admires people who are strong and intelligent.

She also reads his mind, or so he thought.  She saw him as a vulnerable boy hating birds for their freedom to fly, yet wanting to be like them so he can escape.

So when he found out about the secrets she kept from him, he was hurt, but at the same time he needs her!  Without her his oppressive world has no meaning, no joy.  In reality he would forgive her for almost any betrayal.  Plus, she put a spell on him at the end of episode 8 after she lifted it from Eunseon.

Well, Saya wanted to run away with her. He sent her ahead and wanted to join her later, however their plan was discovered. She was killed because Taealha wanted to remind Saya that he had no other joice to stay in that tower. Killing her was to submit him in the end.

• Like 4

Spoiler

Okay, so, I am hoping that some of this prophecy thing is going to come to fruition like Tanya's prophecy where, people kill each other and mother eat their children thing... I do believe Mubaek will aid ES and I feel that Saya will at some point die and ES will replace Saya due to the prophecy that Asa Hon sees in the beginning. The boy in her dream says " If you don't kill ES, the brother dies, and she said how can a mother let her child die, then the boy says he will take the husband." so I think at some point Saya will die and ES will replace him because Tagon doesn't know much about Saya cause they spend so many years apart and he has nv seen ES's face. Mubaek will be the sword, Tanya the bell, and  ES will be the mirror cause he learned so many secrets through his connection with Saya. 

I also think they will end Saram (not killing the people) but destroying their civilization and creating a new world order that will be accepting of everyone and abolish slaves (for the time being). 

Also, another prediction, is that Asa Sin / Risan / Aramun is actually them in the future not their past. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, stella77 said:

@snowjewelz I think you will get your answers to all your questions if you watch from beginning na. But here's the answers:

1. Saya first shows up in episode 6

2. Tanya is the successor of the 'Great Spiritual Mother' of her tribe, it's like a wise woman/priestess and born under the prophecy of the blue comet.  Thus, she has some powers for spells and curse. 

Reveal hidden contents

Initially, Tanya didn't think she had any powers but she is trying to live up to her position and protect her people.  She began to realize that she did have some ability to put spells after giving E the name 'Dream' and hearing Kanmarou/horse's wish for a name etc. As the show progress, we know that she is now the direct decedent of Asa Sin or the Great White Wolf, a god, and thus, she had really strong psychic powers. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Wahan tribe and Tanya was captured by Tagon. Saya's is Tagon's adopted son. Previously, Tagon made a deal with Euensom to protect the Wahan tribe or E would reveal to all that Tagon is an Igutu. Thus, he wasn't planning to kill them. However, Asa Ron stole the tribe and hid them in the Fortress of Fire to richard simmons off Tagon. When the Wahan trying to escape from the Fortress of Fire, Tanya got separated and found Saya's tower and met him in episode 6. Taelha wanted to kill Tanya after discovering she found out about Saya but Tanya convinced her and Tagon that she has special powers and that she's here to protect Saya. Thus, they kept her as his maid etc. Their relationship isn't simple and it comes out in the latest two episodes.

Ahh thanks for taking the time! I still could be confused after starting from the beginning, so thank you for this! 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, naori87 said:

I do believe Mubaek will aid ES and I feel that Saya will at some point die and ES will replace Saya due to the prophecy that Asa Hon sees in the beginning. The boy in her dream says " If you don't kill ES, the brother dies, and she said how can a mother let her child die, then the boy says he will take the husband." so I think at some point Saya will die and ES will replace him because Tagon doesn't know much about Saya cause they spend so many years apart and he has nv seen ES's face. Mubaek will be the sword, Tanya the bell, and  ES will be the mirror cause he learned so many secrets through his connection with Saya. 

@naori87, that's a very interesting theory albeit I don't want that to happen. :( 

I am preparing myself if ever Saya will die but I don't like that Eunsoom will replace him. I don't know why, i just don't like it. Haha

23 hours ago, naori87 said:

Also, another prediction, is that Asa Sin / Risan / Aramun is actually them in the future not their past. 

Who do you mean by this? Mubaek, Tanya, and Eunsoom? or Saya, Tanya and Eunsoom?

In my own opinion, I think Tanya is Asa Sin. In the myth, they said that Asa Sin and Risan are lovers and went to Iark. If history repeats itself and it's a given that Eunsoom and Tanya love each other, then I am going to conclude that Risan is Eunsoom. Saya will be Aramun and at the end he will be the king of Arthdal.

Or it could be the other way around. Saya is Risan and Eunsoom is Aramun.

Anyways, that's just me and even I myself is convinced that my theory is nonsense and illogical. LOL. But who knows, right? :D 

I just cant wait for Episode 11 so that my questions will be answered. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, aren_117 said:

@naori87, that's a very interesting theory albeit I don't want that to happen. :( 

I am preparing myself if ever Saya will die but I don't like that Eunsoom will replace him. I don't know why, i just don't like it. Haha

Who do you mean by this? Mubaek, Tanya, and Eunsoom? or Saya, Tanya and Eunsoom?

In my own opinion, I think Tanya is Asa Sin. In the myth, they said that Asa Sin and Risan are lovers and went to Iark. If history repeats itself and it's a given that Eunsoom and Tanya love each other, then I am going to conclude that Risan is Eunsoom. Saya will be Aramun and at the end he will be the king of Arthdal.

Or it could be the other way around. Saya is Risan and Eunsoom is Aramun.

Anyways, that's just me and even I myself is convinced that my theory is nonsense and illogical. LOL. But who knows, right? :D 

I just cant wait for Episode 11 so that my questions will be answered. 

Tanya is a descendant of Asa Sin (and Risan most probably because they ran away together). I dont think that the drama will talk about literal reincarnation but they can be representative (symbolically) of Asa Rin (Tanya) and Aramun (Aramun has 2 voices = the twins).

Aramun has two voices and he is igutu so Saya and Eunseom. I dont think that Risan had power as Tanya or the twins (power of dream for exemple, and for the twins to share their life in dreams, so kind of psychic).

Risan was just the second half/partner of Asa Sin. Him, being the "FATHER" and Asa Sin the "MOTHER" (role of the Wahan tribe), their role has already been distribued (last generation was Tanya's parents). Tanya's father said to Mubaek that the power and lineage was through the "MOTHER". And as we can guess, Risan should also be the ancestor of Tanya.

• Like 5

On 7/2/2019 at 11:53 AM, thisisadv said:

Hi! I'm from the Philippines and I just finished watching episodes 9 and 10 (they're great!), but another thing that took me by surprise is one of the languages used in episode 9, specifically from 3:15 - 7:30 of the video. I'm a Filipino and  "Waray-waray" is my dialect and I recognized some of the words used as being from Tagalog or Waray-Waray like "ako - me" ; "tubig - water" ; "kaon - eat" ; "itaas - up/above". I could be wrong though as they might have used another language reference. What language do you think did they use? :D

Well, hello there, fellow countryman! :D I was meaning to mention about that language as well, I thought my ears are playing tricks on me when I was watching episode 9, not familiar with the dialect but yeah, I totally heard ako, tubig and kumaon as well. Guess the drama is using some real foreign languages for some of the tribes. I knew that that person isn't a Korean the first time I laid my eyes on him. Didn't know he appeared on some Korean dramas as well.

-----------------------------

Also wanna comment about the dream thingy of ES and SY. We all know that Neanthals can dream, no question about that. And from the beginning, we were led to believe that Igutus (in the form of ES) can perhaps dream as well. But then after all the revelations, I think the "dream" ES is seeing is actually just what SY is seeing and vice versa. There was no mention of Tagon (yet) of having a dream, so I think Igutus in general isn't capable of dreaming, probably?...unless..I'm wrong.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 3