[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

“Arthdal Chronicles” Releases Powerful New Poster Ahead Of Drama’s 2nd Part

Arthdal-Chronicles8.jpg

On June 19, a powerful new poster for “Arthdal Chronicles” part two was released, featuring their star-studded main cast of Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ji Won, Kim Ok Bin, and Song Joong Ki, who plays two roles and appears on both ends of the poster.

“Arthdal Chronicles” tells the fateful story of heroes who write their own legends in the ancient land of Arth. The upcoming June 22 episode marks the beginning of part two, titled “Turning Sky, Rising Ground.” Part one was titled “Children of the Prophecy” and ended off with shocking revelations like the existence of Eun Seom’s twin brother Sa Ya (both played by Song Joong Ki), as well as the fact that Ta Gon (played by Jang Dong Gun) is also half human, half neanderthal, like Eun Seom. Part two aims to focus on different characters, present a deeper plot, and unfold a stronger storyline.

The main cast of Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ji Won, Kim Ok Bin, and Song Joong Ki with two roles, are fiercely shown off in the new main poster for part two, and looks to promise an even more exciting second half.

Song Joong Ki is currently impressing with his complete transformation as Eun Seom’s twin Sa Ya. He was brought by Ta Gon and secretly raised by Taeilha (played by Kim Ok Bin). Despite his crisp white outfit, long hair, and fair skin, Sa Ya’s softness gives him a mysterious vibe. On the other hand, Eun Seom, who has come to Arth to save the Wahan Tribe, drips purple blood and intensely stares with a tough expression. Their contrasting appearances seem to preview their contrasting fates.

In the middle of the poster is Jang Dong Gun, who is the strategist Ta Gon, fighting to one day have Arthdal as his own. He sets the powerful tone for the whole poster as he looks ready for battle. Although he is someone aggressive enough to kill his own father, San Woong (played by Kim Eui Sung), without hesitation, Ta Gon in the second half presents a new weakness once his real identity is revealed to Eun Seom.

Although donning a wreath in the poster for part one, Tan Ya (played by Kim Ji Won), the guardian and shaman of the Wahan Tribe, now wears the same outfit as the people of Arth. Her determination shows through her pursed lips and fierce gaze. Taeilha wears an exquisite outfit and is nicely dressed up as the daughter of a tribal leader. While she appears cold, her eyes are still full of ambition.

The producers shared, “The poster for part two of ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ holds the individual storylines of all five main characters, including Sa Ya, who was surrounded by shock and curiosity as soon as he appeared. Please look forward to the exciting new stories of ambitious Eun Seom, Sa Ya, and Tan Ya, as well as Ta Gon and Taeilha, who both aspire to rule Arth.”

tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” airs on Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1333386wpp/arthdal-chronicles-releases-powerful-new-poster-ahead-of-dramas-2nd-half

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Here is all the key information of the main characters from the Korean wiki, it was public on the wiki before the drama aired.

Eunseom will become the conqueror of Arthdal
(푸른돌 마을의 유목민이며 훗날 도시국가에서 제국으로 향하는 아스달의 정복자가 된다. )

Tagon is the war hero and ruler of Arthdal
(새녘족 족장인 산웅의 아들. 아스달의 전쟁 영웅으로, 사람과 뇌안탈의 20년 대전쟁을 승리로 이끈 ‘아스달의 지배자’다. )

Tanya is the first princess consort of Arthdal. She later becomes the most honorable being of Arthdal (This line is really mysterious, many fans are speculating that Tanya is going to be the symbol of the goddess) and her ambition is to become the first great female politician of the Arthdal empire.
(阿斯达帝国最初的皇太子妃 / 훗날 아스달에서 가장 존귀한 존재가 되어, 제국 아스달 최초의 위대한 여성 정치가로서의 야망을 펼친다. 또한 제국 아스달 최초의 황태자비이며 은섬의 첫사랑이기도 하다.)

Taealha is the most powerful woman in Arthdal. The character is also inspired by Melisandre from GOT and she's dressed like Melisandre. (maybe this is a clue for  the future of this character?)

At first, a lot of fans thought Eunseom is going to be the first king because he will be the conqueror, but after episode 6, they realized that how could Eunseom marry Tanya to another prince if he's the king? he's still very much in love with the girl. Then they speculate that Tagon is probably going to succeed and becomes the first king of Arthdal, then he probably will force Tanya to marry his "son" Saya (the prince). And then the great war will come and Eunseom will fulfill his destiny and conquer Arthdal from Tagon's rule.

I thought that would be Eunseom but lets wait and see what happens but what you said is what i think happens regarding saya and everything else.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

Tanya is the first princess consort of Arthdal. She later becomes the most honorable being of Arthdal (This line is really mysterious, many fans are speculating that Tanya is going to be the symbol of the goddess) and her ambition is to become the first great female politician of the Arthdal empire.

Sounds like it is ending up with TY at a temple and ES the conqueror being alone. Some destiny. 

Maybe TG and TH and will flee to another land.

• Like 2

So Tagon will rule, and Tanya will marry the prince? and by Prince I guess it would be Saya right? How will Tagon introduce Saya as his kid? Would it go like. "Hey people this is me and Taelha's love child that we kept from the world for 20 years." I mean at this point anything he comes up with, people will eat that up. 

Then they speculate that Tagon is probably going to succeed and becomes the first king of Arthdal, then he probably will force Tanya to marry his "son" Saya (the prince). And then the great war will come and Eunseom will fulfill his destiny and conquer Arthdal from Tagon's rule.

Tagon would surely rule it's a no brainer. I'm much more anticipated to see his downfall.How will it come about? Will Taelha really betray him and side with Eunseom? I bet Saya would also connive with his twin, together with Tanya. I mean it was in the prophecy that the 3 of them together would end Arth. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, deenchan said:

I bet Saya would also connive with his twin, together with Tanya. I mean it was in the prophecy that the 3 of them together would end Arth. 

I hope soo. But we still didn't know whose side Saya is on. Whether he's on Tagon's side or against him. He might be also the one who released those fireflies for tagon. Also he's been harbouring some long time love for Tanya, If Eunseom is gone the better it is for him to get Tanya all for himself. Although I really don't like this love triangle, it's so cliché. I was really hoping the 3 of them will work together to end Tagon and just live in harmony will ruling a new world. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I thought it was unrealistic at first that Asa hon never told Eunseom about that either but the more i think about it i sort of understand why.. He would want revenge for his dead father,brother,tribe and i dont think she wanted her son to go through hell or dying to achieve that.

I'm not saying she should've told him everything but some important tidbits. She told him nothing not even something like "your father was a good man, he loved you and did his best to protect us." Or "You are special and there are some bad people out there after special people like you and that's why we have been hiding for ten years." I think telling him about Sarams, Neanthals and Igutus was necessary for his own safety. What if she had died earlier? He would've been left alone knowing absolutely nothing and could've stopped hiding eventually and ending up getting captured or entering the city or something like that.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

I'm not saying she should've told him everything but some important tidbits. She told him nothing not even something like "your father was a good man, he loved you and did his best to protect us." Or "You are special and there are some bad people out there after special people like you and that's why we have been hiding for ten years." I think telling him about Sarams, Neanthals and Igutus was necessary for his own safety. What if she had died earlier? He would've been left alone knowing absolutely nothing and could've stopped hiding eventually and ending up getting captured or entering the city or something like that.

Yeah that makes sense i think she should have at least explained that. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jlim008 said:

I hope soo. But we still didn't know whose side Saya is on. Whether he's on Tagon's side or against him. He might be also the one who released those fireflies for tagon. Also he's been harbouring some long time love for Tanya, If Eunseom is gone the better it is for him to get Tanya all for himself. Although I really don't like this love triangle, it's so cliché. I was really hoping the 3 of them will work together to end Tagon and just live in harmony will ruling a new world. 

The relationship chart of part 2 wasn't translated well, on the chart, it said that Saya takes advantage of Tagon plus Taealha and vice versa, there is no love here, they use each other for their own purpose, Saya is probably going to be on his own side. I suspect that there will be Eunseom vs. Tagon/ Taealha vs. Saya in part 2 just like how they drew the relationship chart. :cry::cry::cry:

Edited by LightFurie111
  • Like 4

Ohhhh.. it’s only Friday and I can’t wait already!

I like this kind of drama. Full of interesting characters, mysterious plot, and complicated stories.

I really don’t understand why Korean people don’t like this drama as much as we do, coz it’s not ‘ordinary’ or ‘makjang’?  They’re missing out a big time.

Anyway, I’m so curious of Saya. Just what kind of character he is, will I like him or hate him.

I don’t think they will tell us blatantly which side is he in (ES or Tagon) but rather makes it tricky. I just wished no one will mess with Tanya. She’ll most likely fast to adapt Arth’s lifestyle (with Saya’s help), as ES figured out the power playing between the parties. 

The love triangle is seemingly unavoidable. I just hope they will do it naturally, classy and unpredictable. Also, please God, cut Saya’s hair, at least same length as Tagon please. Lol

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rocher22 said:

This last scene with Ragaz and AH, is one of the nicest 

ones this season.    

Eunseom gets stronger after every failure.

He accepted that he is an Igut.

Tagon is still battling himself.

^ I was just thinking this too! That a key difference between E and T re their Igutu identity is that one fully accepts himself and the other tries to hide it in order to attain power and really, an identity crisis. 

• Like 9