[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

29 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Difference is i dont see Tagon surviving at the end and i got a feeling Saya dies to, your second point is what i think happened.  

Yeah I think Saya is doomed too, I hope I'm wrong though. In a recent interview DongGun talked about a powerful scene with Taealha wearing black in a funeral and looking sorrowful... maybe it's Saya's funeral.

36 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think its a 5 person triangle.. add Taealha for Eunseom in there ;p 

Taealha and Eunseom is a bit too weird because she is like a mother to his twin brother. Have they hinted at a romance between these two in a chart or an interview or something?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Chellsee said:

tvN released new characters chart for Arthdal Chronicles Part 2.

The twin brother of Eun Seom, Saya 
The adoptive son of Tagon , the successor
The place where Saya's memory began was from here, from the tower of Phil. Since he was born, he was trapped in this small room, and he had to grow up without seeing his face, Tagon, at once. 

Purple lips and the bark of the back, and blood. He knew that he was different person from other people, "IGT", and taught him how dangerous it was to reveal it in Arthdal. 

Under the watchfulness of Taehal, only what he could do was read.

So Saya saw the world in the book and learned the world from book. Not only about Arthdal and its surrounding tribes and civilizations, but also about Remus in the distance! He also taught politics and military as well as religion and history. 

Then one day, Saya fell all of her skin, and a girl opened a visit and his heart moved. The world of Saya, who was trapped in a small room, is now out of the tower and stretched over the Arthdal.
*** Used Mr. Google translation only.

Then one day, Saya fell all of her skin, and a girl opened a visit and his heart moved.

I think this line means Saya saw Tanya and touched her skin through Eunseom's pov in his dream before, just like Eunseom could see Saya's room in his dream :lol: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

i was hopeful that maybe Saya will fall in love with the herbs lady (Doti is with).. i din catch her name. this way, the whole romance plot will be less complicated. this is not meant to be a love focused drama but more on their destiny..

and isnt Taealha a neanthal? doesnt that mean Mihol is not her real dad? im still on ep5

• Like 3

Wow episode 6 was great!! So much play-off that was built from past episodes. I can’t wait until next week to see where this goes. 

Spoiler

The Wahan clan dissolving was heartbreaking but it is true that they won’t survive if they stick together (did Tanya’s dad survive?), the quick learning of E to manipulate and understand power dynamics and fight back (yey! Looking forward to his future scheming), ohh I hope Mubehk will also team up and help E, Tanya still can’t dream!!! but runs right into Saya. Hmm I wonder if E and S share dreams etc. The whole sword/bell/mirror reveal was excellent!!! I literally gasp lol. Preview for next episode def. shows the break up between T and T. I guess this is when Taelha will go help E as revenge to Tagon. The epilogue at the end of how all three were born under the comet was also nice. 

• Like 8

this reader is struck by how fatalistic is the attitude of the Wohan tribe.  They stick together, not blaming each other, take care of each other and accept death together.  this is probably because they are a small tribe where everyone are related to each other, and like many small tribes, ...constantly face death from warfare or starvation.  Hence they resign themselves to uncertain fate.

this is contrast to the large complex society of Arthdal where people don't know each other personally, hence is more likely to scheme and mistreat each other.

So which is better?  On one hand small insecure, primitive but insular tribe with its economic insecurity vs.  complex feuding mess of a society which can offer a lot of good things (hundreds as stated by Tagon to Tanya in episode 6)

Is the Wohan the primitive ancestors of Arthdal?

@Kookies and Cream  In many interspecies consummations, the male offspring tend to be sterile, while the female ones may be fertile.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Edit. So what do you think they are burning in the Fortress of fire?

It's the Hae Tribe's Fortress right? The one Mihol rules? then my guess would be they're making bronze. It's the secret of Hae Tribe. 

these past episodes have been a major information dump, I think it was necessary to set everything up. Next week is where things will pick up I think. So here are my thoughts as season 1 concluded.

• No one. not even one member from tagon's army saw him bleed? Although to answer my question he could have killed all those who learned his secrets. Like what he did when he took baby Saya. 
  • I'm still not liking how taelha talks. If I close my eyes and listen it feels like I'm hearing something from a modern drama. But maybe it's just me. 
  • So if Saya and Eunseom share dreams by seeing what the other person sees. It's possible that Saya dreams about Tanya and the Wahan tribe too. Maybe that's the reason why Saya approached Tanya on the Fortress. 
  • Mubaek and Taealha’s role in everything is still hard to predict. Taealha wants power I know that but not sure where her loyalties lie...if there are any. Mubaek knows a lot of things but what he’s going too do with it is still up in the air.
  • I love how there's two interpretation of mirror that's being shown. the blatant one that tanya was gazing at and the subtle one about  Eunsome and Saya mirroring each other cause they are twins. They are of the same likeness and such actually works like a mirror when they face each other.

I'm still liking the show so far. I hope we get more flashbacks of Asa Hon and Ragaz. They're literally my favorite adult characters in the series. 

3 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

Yeah I think Saya is doomed too, I hope I'm wrong though. In a recent interview DongGun talked about a powerful scene with Taealha wearing black in a funeral and looking sorrowful... maybe it's Saya's funeral.

Taealha and Eunseom is a bit too weird because she is like a mother to his twin brother. Have they hinted at a romance between these two in a chart or an interview or something?

I swear i read about Taelha becoming the first empress of  Arthdal.

• Like 5

i finally completed the episodes. but the prophesy that Mubaek learnt from the shaman (i dunno her name) was that the 3 items came down to earth during the comet to wipe out and reset the mankind.. and the son who killed the father is to be the one to prevent it so that the human (saram) can remain in civilisation. doesn’t that imply tagon has to be the one to convince eun seom, tanya and saya or.. kill them? and i dunno where is kanmoreu during all these times.. eating off the expensive herbs from the unnie’s house?? :sweat_smile:

oh, i was quite annoyed at how tagon feigned himself being possessed by aramun haesulla at the ritual.. the whole image was like, a copy of jesus (no offence) he needs a haircut, badly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@radianttreasure
Thanks a lot

@ForgottenSoulx
Yes, ofcoz i dont mind Tagon to be gone.. But Saya.. i can only hope as he is also one of the three heavenly bodies.
Regarding Taelha, in the synopsis, it is mentioned that she is the first empress,
but it is also mentioned that she is from neonthal race which may not be correct...
so may be they are confusing us in the name of synopsis

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I swear i read about Taelha become the first empress of  Arthdal.

Oh I remember that. I thought you were talking about something else since we don't know whether that info is legit or not.

But if that info is legit then Taealha is a secret Neanthal and she will turn her back on Tagon eventually. Although the second part seems likely to happen imo, the part about Taealha being Neanthal seems kinda weird now esp with an Igutu Tagon. Hopefully we will find out soon.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, flowergirlz93 said:

@radianttreasure
Thanks a lot

@ForgottenSoulx
Yes, ofcoz i dont mind Tagon to be gone.. But Saya.. i can only hope as he is also one of the three heavenly bodies.
Regarding Taelha, in the synopsis, it is mentioned that she is the first empress,
but it is also mentioned that she is from neonthal race which may not be correct...
so may be they are confusing us in the name of synopsis

Uhm maybe you are right but then whose the first empress/queen? Tanya becomes the PM unless that is a mistake as well.

2 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

Oh I remember that. I thought you were talking about something else since we don't know whether that info is legit or not.

But if that info is legit then Taealha is a secret Neanthal and she will turn her back on Tagon eventually. Although the second part seems likely to happen imo, the part about Taealha being Neanthal seems kinda weird now esp with an Igutu Tagon. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Still someone needs to be queen if Tanya is PM so who knows. 

• Like 3

Look at what the children of prophecy did to me...ha ha...I came back right here! :D I've gone astray for a while so I wasn't able to follow this one since I have so many dramas on my plate right now. And wow, the revelation....what a great way to end the first season indeed. The twin theory from the very beginning is right all along, I know it was very obvious so I know he will also be part of the prophecy once proven true. It's like they were saving it for last.

Sword, bell and mirror...I just didn't expect it would be literally like a mirror since we have two SJKs now...he he.. And twins falling for one girl, aigoo...I feel sorry for Saya already...ha ha.

4 hours ago, Kookies and Cream said:

Also, my bet, Tagon's mother probably is the Neanthal's translator lady during the meeting in eps 1. Hahaha.

You know, I've been meaning to mention that ep 1 but keep forgetting as I noticed that meaningful exchanged stares between Sa Nung and this one female Neanthal as well...

Arthdal-Chronicles-Episode-01-1.gif

And of course, also between Ragaz and Asa Hon..:wub:

Arthdal-Chronicles-Episode-01-2.gif

After seeing Ragaz and Asa Hon again at the end of ep 6, the urge to suddenly want to see them again came back..ha ha..

Now, I wonder who Mubaek will help in the next episode. He is a significant character, I believe. I feel that he is the storyteller of the story that will unfold in Arthdal as he was from the very beginning, witness to everything. I cannot wait to see him helping or becoming an ally of Eunseom.

SJK as Saya is soo fine..ha ha..the story is getting interesting. Hope it keeps the pace and hope to see a double rating as well. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Look at what the children of prophecy did to me...ha ha...I came back right here! :D I've gone astray for a while so I wasn't able to follow this one since I have so many dramas on my plate right now. And wow, the revelation....what a great way to end the first season indeed. The twin theory from the very beginning is right all along, I know it was very obvious so I know he will also be part of the prophecy once proven true. It's like they were saving it for last.

Sword, bell and mirror...I just didn't expect it would be literally like a mirror since we have two SJKs now...he he.. And twins falling for one girl, aigoo...I feel sorry for Saya already...ha ha.

You know, I've been meaning to mention that ep 1 but keep forgetting as I noticed that meaningful exchanged stares between Sa Nung and this one female Neanthal as well...

And of course, also between Ragaz and Asa Hon..:wub:

After seeing Ragaz and Asa Hon again at the end of ep 6, the urge to suddenly want to see them again came back..ha ha..

Now, I wonder who Mubaek will help in the next episode. He is a significant character, I believe. I feel that he is the storyteller of the story that will unfold in Arthdal as he was from the very beginning, witness to everything. I cannot wait to see him helping or becoming an ally of Eunseom.

SJK as Saya is soo fine..ha ha..the story is getting interesting. Hope it keeps the pace and hope to see a double rating as well. 

Actually it's quite hilarious that the different factions met up to discuss the future of their survival and co-operation. But actually, people were busy exchanging glances to start love affairs. It's such an adult situation but it also feels so high school like with raging hormones LOL

I did read that Tanya will become pm. My prediction is that the first arc was to set up everything. the second arc is Tagon ruling. With maybe Taelha by his side. Taelha according to the  first description was to become first queen/empress of arthdal. I think Tagon and Taelha will fall out but not so fast. She is supposed to have a strong rival to her power and I think it's tanya from the way she looked at her in episode 4 as they walked past each other

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

Mubaek will help Eunseom there is no doubt about it. While Mihol's accomplice thought, Mubaek would try to get rid of Eunseom, the former knows that Eunseom is the real Aramun Haesulla. I am quite sure, he will recognize Asa Hon's necklace. However, I think that Mubaek could fake Eunseom's death... like giving him another corpse in exchange. Neither Tagon nor Taealha saw his face. Maybe Mubaek might propose this to Tagon so that the rumor about his implication in his father's death disappears. On the other hand, Mubaek could help Eunseom to understand what is happening right now. So far, Eunseom only wants to save the Wahan Tribe, yet in order to succeed, he needs to have a different strategy: end the world of Saram like it is said in the prophecy. Mubaek will tell him about his origins. 

• Like 8

Brilliant writing.  Now, they are involving the issue of twin brothers being raised in different societies.

One society being caring, welcoming, passive, peaceful, communal, familial and awards "worth" to all living things; plants or animals. This was Euseom's environment.

Second society being hierarchical, ambitious, powerful, brutal, singular-minded, goal-oriented and forsaking of all compassion. This was Saya's environment.

EXCEPT, Saya was allowed to read books.  So, we will see how book-learning might make a difference, eve n if raised in a brutal and cruel environment. Very interesting. :huh:

The drama is doing well in exploring some of the issues related to development of a city-state.  

People may watch dramas purely for light and casual entertainment, since we all live our own 'drama' every day. :P  So, many may not want to watch a drama with heavy and unsolvable topics.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

On 6/16/2019 at 2:35 PM, LSGLMH_88 said:

okay so by far the BESTEST EVER episode of arthdal was today... So song joong ki has double role... Eun Seom , Tanya and the twin represents sword , bell and mirror and these three will bring the world to end...

I wouldn't mind it for world... and may I add , by far this is SJK's best drama... even better than DOTS... presumably because th Genre is untouched... Everyone literally everyone gave breath taking performances..

I did not think of it; however, I believe you are correct that Eun Seom, Tanya, and the twin represent the sword, bell, and mirror.  These three will bring the world to an end as they know it.

As you stated the entire cast is giving outstanding performances. I am in agreement with you, I think the drama is better than DOTS because it is a fantasy and everyone has to stretch their imagination when portraying the characters. So far, great story line.  

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts this week.  Your posts helped me to understand the story, especially since whenever, I am watching it, I am interrupted.  Once this drama ends, I will go back and watch some of the earlier episodes to gain a better insight of the characters and story.

• Like 7

If you think about it if Taealha and Eunseom did end up as rulers it would be sweet justice if she turns out to be a Neanthal and him an Igutu considering both of those Tribes were wiped out. I wonder what those kids would be if it was Igutu and Neanthal combined. 

Of course i want Eunseom with Tanya but i dunno i dont think it will happen.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

If you think about it if Taealha and Eunseom did end up as rulers it would be sweet justice if she turns out to be a Neanthal and him an Igutu considering both of those Tribes were wiped out. I wonder what those kids would be if it was Igutu and Neanthal combined. 

Of course i want Eunseom with Tanya but i dunno i dont think it will happen.

Why don't you think it would happen? I'm curious because I feel like it's a tragic ending also 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Why don't you think it would happen? I'm curious because I feel like it's a tragic ending also 

I mean shes going to be PM based on whats being said right?? A king and PM together does not make much sense to me.

I dont think its tragic but its like Legend of Lu Zhen where the leads loved each other but they could not be together due to various reasons. 

• Like 5