[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I really liked this episode.:)

What Wahan tribe is going through is just heart-wrenching and sadly their situation is not going to change for the better anytime soon.

The conversation between Eunseome and that girl in the end was so sad... Poor boy he is so lonely :tears:

Taealha is playing a very dangerous game. It seems like she has chosen Tagon over his father but if Tagon ends up falling for Tanya then I think she will surely turn her back on him esp after years of keeping Eunseome's brother safe for Tagon at such a great risk.

It's obvious that Tagon has been planning to overthrow his father for years and with the support of Taealha, Daekan and commonfolk his success is certain. Hopefully they'll tell us more about his childhood. We've seen him as a teenager and I'm curious to know how he was as a child.

I think this episode was a good set-up for the future power struggles between the clans and also Tagon's face off with his father.

• Like 5

The Arthdal Union will really end up killing each other like Ragaz predicted...Happy we're getting more background about the Great Asa Shin and the God that now the Asa Clan devotes themselves to...I think it's quite shaping that the true decendents of the Great Asa Shin are the members of Wahan Tribe,aka Tanya and her family and the true one who were chosen to speak to the Great God Isodunyong((who i suspect is the statue from the highlight preview that EunSeom sees when he arrives in Arthdal,the one with the snake),the same one who most likely came that day as a snake when Asa Hon had the first vision about Aramun,and healed EunSeom(i guess Aramun is quite the son of the God in ways)...So he gifted Asa Hon,the only Asa member(even if she wasn't directly decended from the Great Asa Shin like they say) with the gift of having Aramun,i guess because she was the one who had shown mercy and kindness in that fateful night while Tanya to be the voice of the God(and i'm sure in the journey she will connect with the great God and vanquish the ones who shouldn't be ther)...It's also clear Mother Chonseol knows far far more than she told them and kept it to herself for unknown reasons...It was also quite delightful to know small things of Aramun and the great Kanmoreu...I found it also intresting that people already know of the prediction that Aramun is an Igutu...And like that man said,not suprising the Gods will punish them when they see how they treat this people when he said that all were equal in the land he gave them(somehow the thing Iark's tibes had been going on)

I must say EunSeom will have quite the journey ahead of him and he trully will grow and became the hero that people will follow and i'm all in to see his rise and how he will find his purpose and fight not only for his tribe members but for all the others as well...I guess the one who would actually bring calamity upon them was Tagon that trully is a scary man...he is like a wolf in sheep clothing that clearly thinks he is above all of them,people or Gods and would do anything to get what he wants and he enjoys it very much...

Seeing from the character chart they say the girl that helped EunSeom is part of the Asa Clan...It was nice that at least she said that Neanthals were not monsters like people make them be and that is just the product of other people...i'm quite curious if the girl will be a friend or a foe in the future...It's quite clear poor EunSeom was all his life conflicted about his identity and has this huge insecurity but he will also grow...Also,Doti is adorable and very smart!!!! 

• Like 8

im quite curious.. if the eun seom’s bro who is adopted by tagon is a twin, then SJK will be casting as 2 characters in the drama and the only way to differentiate them would be by the marks on their bodies.. :grin:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Agree with @ForgottenSoulx, somehow I wanted more story between Asa Hon and Ragaz. So here's a BTS of them....

16 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I agreed there was so much potential about their story. I still can't get over them especially Ragaz...he was such a scene stealer. I found the Instagram of the actor that played Ragaz ( @teoyoo) and a lot of people seems to feel the same way. I hope that maybe as the story go along they will show us some flashbacks of them. Or that they will see how popular the couple is and work on a special episode about them during the break. 

Thanks for the BTS really love Ragaz he is just captivating especially his eyes.

Such a missed opportunity...Ragaz really is a scene stealer which you pointed out haha. I agree maybe a special episode.. we can only hope haha. 

11 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@lightbringer06 well nothing much significant.... Eun seom went to wahan tribe home to find out where the people might be taken... He understood that those people came crossing the great wall...he also crossed the wall and reached arthdal.. found out he is in igutu from a mysterious lady....she helped him to hide his lips and helped him to understand what igutu is.... He was devastated to find out that he is a son of a monster... He was very very surprised to see the arthdal city....

P.S. - i am dying to see SJK in action...he is amazing...:D

Aww poor boy all alone and thinks hes the son of a monster when hes the son of a warrior who was brave and defended his family..

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

im quite curious.. if the eun seom’s bro who is adopted by tagon is a twin, then SJK will be casting as 2 characters in the drama and the only way to differentiate them would be by the marks on their bodies.. :grin:

I think the twins will have a mark that shows they are brothers maybe their back??

Im also still not sure if they are twins or not but we shall find out. 

• Like 3

there are too many characters so I can't remember them just after watching 2 episodes. It is difficult for me to enjoy the third episode and ep3's circuit is so slow. hope ep 4 will appear something special. However, I want to see Taealha more, eveytime she appears my eyes can't take away from her. I wonder that 4 characters are all the main or just SJK and KJW

I really like episode 3 because it finally brings the story to the main plot and towards future conflicts and developments. Episode 1 and 2 was to introduce the world, characters and sets up the foundations and episode 3 hints at the potential of the main story. Glad that we learned more about the Union and why the Wahan clan spoke the same language. I like the T and T teaming up to take his father down. Kanmoreu keeps stealing the show and I like the scenes. Also, I really like the small details embedded in the story. It’s awesome (especially when so many dramas have soooo many plot holes and aren’t as tight quality wise). So happy little Doti survived. The scene where Tanya sees Helper by the river gave me chills for some reason. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

There are twins that doesn´t look alike. So if they are really twins then they don´t necessarily have to look alike.  It will be really sad to see the two brothers fighting against each other, not knowing that they are siblings. :(

Ratings for Ep 3

AGB Nielsen
Soul: 6.45 %

Nationwide: 6.43 %

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

There are twins that doesn´t look alike. So if they are really twins then they don´t necessarily have to look alike. 

fraternal twins? :grimace: then we need to lurk in tvn social media sites for leaks who is being casted for the eun seom’s bro role!!

quick question.. is Tanya really the Great Mother’s daughter? or she is the chosen one (comet prophesy) her birth mom is dead?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

fraternal twins? :grimace: then we need to lurk in tvn social media sites for leaks who is being casted for the eun seom’s bro role!!

quick question.. is Tanya really the Great Mother’s daughter? or she is the chosen one (comet prophesy) her birth mom is dead?

:lol: I will keep an eye out .

No I don´t think she is the Great Mother´s daughter. From the interaction between the Great Mother and Tanya´s father it doesn´t look like they are married. 

Jang Dong Gun To Show Character’s True Side Through Tense Situation In “Arthdal Chronicles”

Jang Dong Gun To Show Character’s True Side Through Tense Situation In “Arthdal Chronicles”

Jun 9, 2019
by J. Lim

tvN’s weekend drama “Arthdal Chronicles” has released new stills of Jang Dong Gun standing on trial in a tense moment.

“Arthdal Chronicles” tells the story of heroes who write their own legends in the mythical city of Arthdal. In the drama, Jang Dong Gun plays the role of Ta Gon, the first son of his tribe’s leader and a genius strategist and warrior.

The upcoming episode will follow Ta Gon as he waits on his knees in front of the high priest and awaits judgment. After turning himself in so he could be in the situation, the chilly gaze in his eyes and the slight smile on Ta Gon’s face hints at something interesting and unexpected to come. Why genius strategist Ta Gon put himself in this moment and how it plays into his big picture will be revealed in the upcoming episode.

Jang-Dong-Gun1.jpgJang-Dong-Gun-1.jpgJang-Dong-gun-3.jpg

In order to realistically express the complicated personality of Ta Gon as he balances between good and evil, Jang Dong Gun has been talking to director Kim Won Suk for long periods of time, making the effort to bring Ta Gon to life. The staff said, “This will be an interesting scene that shows what kind of person Ta Gon is. Make sure to tune in to the new episode to see how what Ta Gon has planned.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9 p.m. KST.

Cr. Soompi

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

After turning himself in so he could be in the situation, the chilly gaze in his eyes and the slight smile on Ta Gon’s face hints at something interesting and unexpected to come. Why genius strategist Ta Gon put himself in this moment and how it plays into his big picture will be revealed in the upcoming episode. 

He is such a sneaky bastard :D Till now he has been the most intriguing character imo. He is creating a big chaos and is gonna thrive on it for sometime. Eunseome isn't ready to take him down just yet.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@Sarang21 rating is not much good I presume...

For a cable drama it´s not bad.

To be honest I´m surprised that there isn´t such a hype about this drama. I mean it´s Song Joong Ki comeback drama since  Descendat of the sun and also considering how popular the SongSong couple seems to be. I don´t know if it´s because the production team are not promoting it enough or if the story simply doesn´t appeal to alot of people. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

To be honest I´m surprised that there isn´t such a hype about this drama.

I agree ! Such rare and good quality drama ! I can't believe that such drama didn't make the buzz !

Nice fourth episode ! Still 2 episode before the end of the first part :

Part 1: The Children of Prophecy (6 episodes)
Part 2: The Sky Turning Inside Out, Rising Land (6 episodes)
Part 3: Arth, The Prelude to All Legends (6 episodes)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2019 at 7:07 PM, Sarang21 said:

To be honest I´m surprised that there isn´t such a hype about this drama. I mean it´s Song Joong Ki comeback drama since  Descendat of the sun and also considering how popular the SongSong couple seems to be. I don´t know if it´s because the production team are not promoting it enough or if the story simply doesn´t appeal to alot of people. 

On the popularity of SongSong Couple, you cannot use it as reason to say that all who like them will watch this drama, simple explanation that this is not a SongSong couple drama. :lol: 

Spoiler

In fact the one with SJK on this, Kim Ji Won, was the other girl in DOTS. There are DOTS fans who said they don't want to watch this drama because it will ruin DOTS for them SJK being with the other girl on this drama.  SHK has been doing popular Hallyu dramas since early 2000s. Her recent drama had high ratings although not much promo, unlike Arthdal, it did not have a special episode (HPL had special episode too but low ratings although I  never minded it as I like the leads chemistry and same production company as Arthdal so maybe now is not the season for high ratings dramas). As an actor, SJK's record is good although not yet as extensive as SHK. I think The Innocent Man had high ratings in Korea. There is also a factor of genre preference. I think it's more on the genre why this did not meet expectations on the ratings. People expected this to be at par with Mr Sunshine and Goblin. 

Edited by triplem
somewhat off topic - in spoiler
  • Like 4

Based on the relationship chart on the first page, are they really going to pair Taealha and Eunseom? It seems too far fetched as she would be at least 15 years older than him. She is also to much of a schemer as she is playing both father and son.  And who is going to play Eunseom's brother? 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, tarjig said:

Based on the relationship chart on the first page, are they really going to pair Taealha and Eunseom? It seems too far fetched as she would be at least 15 years older than him. She is also to much of a schemer as she is playing both father and son.  And who is going to play Eunseom's brother? 

I am curious about the same things.

How could Taealha end with Eunseom ?! I mean, she is already involved with 2 others guys and she is more of his mother generation. I mean, if she's married Taegon's father, she would be his grand-parents' generation. Even for a political union, it's too far fetched...And what about the new girl ?! She have more the profile of the future wife (after the heartbreaking first love) for a more rational (and with some amical feelings) choice later on.

Moreover, where is the brother ! In a tour ?! But why hiding him (i mean in the drama) ! Or maybe we already met with him ? He is dreaming (he can because he is an igutu), in a tour and messages can go through him : the temple ?

We just sam what Eunseom was seeing through him. Is the brother is dreaming of Eunseom's lofe too ?

I guess, we won't have a answer before the next arc (or maybe the end of this arc, next week).

Edited by Najoua Soussi
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

Can anyone give a quick recap of today's episode?i am awaiting netflix to update it ... No luck till now ... :(

Oh no! I was waiting for you to spoil it for us :D

9 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

Will do surely but after i watch it but i am dying for update.... That's why :D

That one month gap between the second and the third parts is gonna be torturous:lol:

45 minutes ago, tarjig said:

Based on the relationship chart on the first page, are they really going to pair Taealha and Eunseom?

I don't know Korean, what does it say?

• Sad 1

guys, episode today is so goodddddd, full emotion. hope the rating will increase. for me, the drama with big investigation, A actors and good director like Arthadal, the rating isn't satisfied me. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tarjig said:

They don't pair Taealha and Eunsom as lovers on the website... the arrows between them say "rivals"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1