[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

23 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

On the other hand, we shouldn't forget that the men knew what an igutu is... if there had been no other igutu babies before, how would they come up with this name? Remember that a name is tied to something. Furthermore, Tagon knew how to recognize an igutu quite immediately. That's why I have been thinking Asan Hon and Ragaz were not the first couple.

Yeah i deleted that comment what you said makes more sense i guess he was just involved with getting rid of Igutus as well. 

What do people think about the snake scene now that we know  Eun Seom is Aramun at least somewhat.. was the snake trying to lead Asa Hon to Tan Ya and was that the moment Eun Seom and Aramun became connected? 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Yeah i deleted that comment what you said makes more sense i guess he was just involved with getting rid of Igutus as well. 

What do people think about the snake scene now that we know  Eun Seom is Aramun at least somewhat.. was the snake trying to lead Asa Hon to Tan Ya and was that the moment Eun Seom and Aramun became connected? 

I believe, the snake represents the gods so that's the moment Eunseom became Aramun. Don't forget that he is definitely superior: he can memorize things very easily, he came up with interesting ideas, he is smart as well. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe, the snake represents the gods so that's the moment Eunseom became Aramun. Don't forget that he is definitely superior: he can memorize things very easily, he came up with interesting ideas, he is smart as well. 

Yeah i thought so i just like to see if others think different or have other theory's and to confirm what i was thinking maybe being correct. 

• Like 2

Tagon is such a perfect villain... Handsome, charming, cunning and charismatic... a great nemesis for Eunseom. And although I'm eager for their face off I would like it if for at least a short period of time they become allies against Tagon's father and other leaders.:rolleyes:

Btw I'm so curious about why Tagon decided to keep Eunseom's brother alive at such a great risk. I can't think of a good reason.

Edited by Gumiho9
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

Tagon is such a perfect villain... Handsome, charming, cunning and charismatic... a great nemesis for Eunseom. And although I'm eager for their face off I would like it if for at least a short period of time they become allies against Tagon's father and other leaders.:rolleyes:

Btw I'm so curious about why Tagon decided to keep Eunseom's brother alive at such a great risk. I can't think of a good reason.

Its a powerful fighter he can use to become king i think this is the reason unless there is some other reason we find out later. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Gumiho9 said:

I doubt that Eunseom will be an ally for a short time because TY has been taken by Tagon's trupps. Tagon might have obeyed his father's orders but he was never opposed to his father's plan. Deep down, he was the one who had the idea how to eradicate the Neanthals. He has been helping his father for his own interest. He is not just the puppet of his father, quite far from it. In fact, he knows exactly what he wants. He is just buying time and has already created his own army (Daekon) 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Its a powerful fighter he can use to become king i think this is the reason unless there is some other reason we find out later. 

But the boy is a wild card. Right now he thinks of Tagon as his father but what if he finds out about the truth? And it's very likely considering Tagon wiping out Neanthals and Igutus is no secret. He could very well turn on Tagon and seek revenge. keeping the boy alive and using him as a weapon is too risky esp for a smart person like Tagon. But I agree that it seems to be the reason.

20 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that Eunseom will be an ally for a short time because TY has been taken by Tagon's trupps. Tagon might have obeyed his father's orders but he was never opposed to his father's plan. Deep down, he was the one who had the idea how to eradicate the Neanthals. He has been helping his father for his own interest. He is not just the puppet of his father, quite far from it. In fact, he knows exactly what he wants. He is just buying time and has already created his own army (Daekon) 

It's just a wishful thinking on my part :D

Btw, They've made it clear that Tagon is the villain but what about Taealha? Is she a villain too or not? Right now they are on the same side but I think it would be interesting if she has a different path ahead of her.

• Like 4

I have a few questions here about this kdrama. Does Eunsom have a twin? And what happen to the last two neanthals kids whos with Asa Hon and Ragaz? And who is Aramun? Can someone please explain this for me? Pleasee respect my questions thank u

Edited by Zero Two
  • Like 1

I don't think Tagon taking the Igutu infant (Eunsom's hyung) has to do with him wanting to pit Eunsom and his brother against each other. When Tagon took the infant, he had no idea that there was another Igutu baby.

Perhaps Tagon took the child in because he felt guilty about wiping out all other Igutus (If we believe he's not a one-dimensional villain)

Or Tagon knew that Igutu's have superior abilities due to their Neanthal blood and thus if he raised one to be absolutely loyal to him, then the child would be an invincible guard for him in the future.

And also perhaps there's more to the story that we don't know. There's likely some more Igutu mythology that exists in this world that we don't know about at all. 

I wonder if Aramun Haesulla in the legend, was an Igutu, and that's why Tagon took the infant, thinking that she could be of use to him in the future. We know that Neanthal-Saram hybrids existed in this world already prior to the story starting. That's why Tagon had to wipe them out (referenced by one of the Arthdal soldiers in Ep 1). So if the races were already mixing, why did they start to segregate? 

Interestingly, the first 2 eps demonstrate how 2 people of the same "fate/origin" can grow up so differently because of their surroundings. I think the prophecy about Tanya and Eunsom were essentially the same myth/prophecy. The Wahan people of Iark actually originated from Arth, since Tanya said that their originator, the Great mother White Wolf, was someone who crossed the cliff but did not go back. So it would make sense that Wahan and Arthdalians have the same mythology. This is even more hinted in the previews. We see parts of the Hwinsan tribe ritual dances (when they show scenes of people dressed in white performing a dance), the Hwinsan tribe ritual dance looks like the same dance that Tanya is trying to learn in ep2. 

Ultimately, the Wahan interpret the prophecy in a way that Tanya was believed to be an "anointed" one who will bring change (although we don't know if good or bad says Choseol), while those of Arth interpret that same prophecy in a different way in that Asa Hon believed Eunsom was to be the "cursed" one. 

Also, it seems like Tagon doesn't exactly love all the warring and killing.... When Taeallha goes to him in Ep 1 and tells him that his dad will be sending him to settle another war dispute, he seems like he's over it and wanted to go home.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mikanpuriname said:

I don't think Tagon taking the Igutu infant (Eunsom's hyung) has to do with him wanting to pit Eunsom and his brother against each other. When Tagon took the infant, he had no idea that there was another Igutu baby.

Perhaps Tagon took the child in because he felt guilty about wiping out all other Igutus (If we believe he's not a one-dimensional villain)

Or Tagon knew that Igutu's have superior abilities due to their Neanthal blood and thus if he raised one to be absolutely loyal to him, then the child would be an invincible guard for him in the future.

And also perhaps there's more to the story that we don't know. There's likely some more Igutu mythology that exists in this world that we don't know about at all. 

I wonder if Aramun Haesulla in the legend, was an Igutu, and that's why Tagon took the infant, thinking that she could be of use to him in the future. We know that Neanthal-Saram hybrids existed in this world already prior to the story starting. That's why Tagon had to wipe them out (referenced by one of the Arthdal soldiers in Ep 1). So if the races were already mixing, why did they start to segregate? 

Interestingly, the first 2 eps demonstrate how 2 people of the same "fate/origin" can grow up so differently because of their surroundings. I think the prophecy about Tanya and Eunsom were essentially the same myth/prophecy. The Wahan people of Iark actually originated from Arth, since Tanya said that their originator, the Great mother White Wolf, was someone who crossed the cliff but did not go back. So it would make sense that Wahan and Arthdalians have the same mythology. This is even more hinted in the previews. We see parts of the Hwinsan tribe ritual dances (when they show scenes of people dressed in white performing a dance), the Hwinsan tribe ritual dance looks like the same dance that Tanya is trying to learn in ep2. 

Ultimately, the Wahan interpret the prophecy in a way that Tanya was believed to be an "anointed" one who will bring change (although we don't know if good or bad says Choseol), while those of Arth interpret that same prophecy in a different way in that Asa Hon believed Eunsom was to be the "cursed" one. 

Also, it seems like Tagon doesn't exactly love all the warring and killing.... When Taeallha goes to him in Ep 1 and tells him that his dad will be sending him to settle another war dispute, he seems like he's over it and wanted to go home.

Who is Aramun Haesulla? 

29 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

I have a few questions here about this kdrama. Does Eunsom have a twin? And what happen to the last two neanthals kids whos with Asa Hon and Ragaz? And who is Aramun? Can someone please explain this for me? Pleasee respect my questions thank u

The kids we have to assume are still alive and im not sure Eunsom has a twin but a brother.  Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification  -

If you want more questions asked look at the last few pages might clear stuff up. 

Just now, Zero Two said:

Who is Aramun Haesulla? 

Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification who brings Arthdal together...

19 minutes ago, mikanpuriname said:

I think people need to stop giving excuses for Tagon he came up with the virus plan that wiped everyone out.. when kids were killed and burned alive he shows no emotion or care. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

The kids we have to assume are still alive and im not sure Eunsom has a twin but a brother.  Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification  -

If you want more questions asked look at the last few pages might clear stuff up. 

Aramun Haesulla: God of Harmony and Unification who brings Arthdal together...

I think people need to stop giving excuses for Tagon he came up with the virus plan that wiped everyone out.. when kids were killed and burned alive he shows no emotion or care. 

I agree with you. He never said anything to his trupps and Mubaek, how they should treat the people from Iark. He only shows empathy to his warriors but this is just a facade as he killed the two soldiers who accompanied him, when he discovered the igutu baby. Did he perform any ritual or show any remorse? No he didn't want to have any witness. In my opinion, Tagon is really clever because he knows how to manipulate the Daekan warriors. He makes sure that they worship him that's why he is very generous with them: alcohol, roasted pig... He acts as if he was humble as he doesn't want to be associated with Aramun Haesulla, yet due to the burial ritual and his action, he definitely wanted to be linked to Aramun Haesulla. 

Honestly, he reminds me of Hitler, the Führer. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's quite true and his father more than sure knows he is a dangerous person and that's why he is constantly keeping him away from the Capital,he is afraid of him and that he will take his power and become the King,he knows the people adore him and would choose him as their leader and Tagon knows clealry his father fears him and would choose to get rid of him if he returns home,i think he knew it since he was young so he started making plans behind his back...I also doubt EunSeom would choose to fight alongside Tagon,not after everyting he did and if he finds out he was the one who killed his Father even more...Deep down as much as trey want to make him a nuanced antagonist he is truly a villian and he sure seems the type to do what it takes to get what he wants,and he seems the time who considers himself above Gods and the only fit to be the Destined King..

I'm more worried about his older brother,as he clearly likes Tagon and sees him as his "Father"...i don't want it to become reality but i sense tragedy in terms of their future relationship and his brother future,i sense he will end up dying...

Also about The Origin of Aramun,they mentioned it in episode 2 how his origin is connected in Iark,that Risan(the father) and Asa Sin(The mother) fled in those times and that the envoy with them and Aramun came to Iark,very much the same journey Asa Hon did this time around(with minor differences of course) and there he found his legendary horse..So basically the same legend repeats inself with some changes...So Aramun's Mother was also a woman Priestess(from the Asa Clan),maybe even Asa Hon's descendent who knows,so when they did settle in Iark,the language she spoke was passed down and the reason both tribes speak it...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

...I also doubt EunSeom would choose to fight alongside Tagon,not after everyting he did and if he finds out he was the one who killed his Father even more...

I meant forced allies or something like that. If Tagon turns on his father and other leaders which I think is likely then maybe they'll fight on the same side for some time although their goals will definitely be different and of course it's obvious that the final show down will be between these two.

11 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

i don't want it to become reality but i sense tragedy in terms of their future relationship and his brother future,i sense he will end up dying...

Me too. I think the poor boy is doomed. :(

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kimino said:

:bawling:

Also,Tanya that is able to hear and connect with the spirits while EunSeom has the Lonicera Flower on his back...

Karma really is cruel,eh! Having the same God they worship returned to vanquish them because they are sinners and unworthy of his land and name...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Tagon announces that he will lead the hunts now, as his father has asked him to. This declaration surprises the warriors but then the man from the White Mountain Tribe adds: "I hear your contribution was glorious in mopping up the Igutus in Arthdal. We would be honored".

So this means, when the hunt started, Tagon had a different task before he joined the Daekan forces and led them.

He "took care" of the Igutus indicating that Eunseom and his brothers were not the only ones. This would explain why Asa Hon was able to speak their language

But from the start, Asa Hon already knows their language, right? Since she was the one interpreting the conversation between the Sarams and the Neanthals. Probably something the Hwinsan Tribe is capable of or something Asa Hon had undergone training for. But then Tagon also knows how to speak the language, so there's that. 

2 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Also,Tanya that is able to hear and connect with the spirits while EunSeom has the Lonicera Flower on his back...

Karma really is cruel,eh! Having the same God they worship returned to vanquish them because they are sinners and unworthy of his land and name...

Agree. So as @kimino shared, maybe Aramun Haesulla came in the forms of both Tan Ya and Eun Som. Being born in the same day isn't just a coincidence, but something already bound to happen. 

17 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Already anticipating the upcoming 2 episodes and when Tanya will curse them,looks like such a powerful scene...

Me too! I remember from the teaser where she said, "I, Tan Ya, of Wahan Tribe, curse all of you". Such powerful words, which I think will bring the doom of all :D

18 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

What do you think? Is this legit? If it is then she is hiding her true identity but how? She is such an intriguing character I want to know more about her.

She certainly is. We have to remember that she is described as an ambitious character, hunger for power. She even said from the teasers, she decides who gets to be the king.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, he reminds me of Hitler, the Führer. 

No, no, no ... I would not say that. This is not on his orders destroy all peaceful tribes, but on the orders of his father. He himself did not even participate in the destruction of the tribe, which we were shown. All orders were given only by Mubaek.
Yes, Tagon is cruel, but still it is impossible to compare him with Hitler. Rather, with Hitler, you can compare his father, who made him go to conquer new lands. And among Koreans, as we know, submission to parents is sacred. He simply could not refuse.:mellow:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

She certainly is. We have to remember that she is described as an ambitious character, hunger for power. She even said from the teasers, she decides who gets to be the king.

Interesting. I've watched her teasers but I don't understand Korean unfortunately. Anything else about her? although we haven't seen much of her for some unknown reasons she has become my favorite character :D I hope they don't make her evil like Tagon, one evil main character (out of four) is enough imo. I think keeping her gray and ambiguous is more interesting.

Do you think the Wikipedia info is legit and she is the last remaining Neanthal(keeping her identity secret)?

• Like 2