[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

I like Eunseom's journey.   Although he is constantly in the arena.

He and Ipsaeng made me laugh. :D

So Eunseom has his army, but he doesnt know it, yet.

Memo tribe and the army that S will buy with those gems.

The flag scene was so powerful.

Looks like no one can mess with Xabara.

Yangcha is the smartest off all Tagon's warriors.

Of course I leave Mubaek aside. 

Im not sure if Yangcha connected that if Eunseom is Igut,  also is Saya.

I kinda would like that Yangcha will  be Eunseom's  warrior.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

I like Eunseom's journey.   Although he is constantly in the arena.

He and Ipsaeng made me laugh. :D

So Eunseom has his army, but he doesnt know it, yet.

Memo tribe and the army that S will buy with those gems.

The flag scene was so powerful.

Looks like no one can mess with Xabara.

Yangcha is the smartest off all Tagon's warriors.

Of course I leave Mubaek aside. 

Im not sure if Yangcha connected that if Eunseom is Igut,  also is Saya.

I kinda would like that Yangcha will  be Eunseom's  warrior.

that would be nice... since Mong Tae fell through Tagon's Army now we want replacement allied for EunSoom and YangCha is a good choice, although he don't talk too much and i think his character was like gentle and soft type which is fit for EunSoom group. and he doesn't want conflict so he always keeps quite, he only just follow orders from his superior and wont voice his opinion. i'm just wondering what he is fighting for that he became Tagon's follower.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, iamlatika said:

that would be nice... since Mong Tae fell through Tagon's Army now we want replacement allied for EunSoom and YangCha is a good choice, although he don't talk too much and i think his character was like gentle and soft type which is fit for EunSoom group. and he doesn't want conflict so he always keeps quite, he only just follow orders from his superior and wont voice his opinion. i'm just wondering what he is fighting for that he became Tagon's follower.

I understood that Tagon forbade Yangcha to speak.

I wonder why.

• Like 4

Tanya spoke well... when asked to talk about sky wind moon fire water.... she eloquently enumerated the domain of Wahan/arthdal god  ….NATURE ITSELF.  this girl is no slouch... she definitely is a politician.

Hohoho

the major problem is that the White Mountain Tribe hierarchy only reluctantly accept Tanya, and so there is a strong uneasiness as each (white mountain represent the new vs.  White Mountain Heart representing the old tradition) side wearily tolerate each other.... there will be major problems for sure.

Then Tagon and Taelha are dominant figure in this which is not easy for Tanya.

Ayayah… the world of politics does not change whether in the old day or modern time.

• Like 4

Tanya may have dominated the first 10mins of ep13 but Xabara took the last bit and she was all I could think about after.

Xabara. Is. So. Cool. :wub: Am a fan already.

I thought the momo tribe sounded as if they were speaking some form of ancient Japanese, even the henchmen looked like a cross between the samurai and yakuza :D who knows...the leader IS one in real life. 

Exciting. This starts the gathering of the different tribes that would one day rally behind ES, making him king. It is so easy to see why ES, who naturally exudes the aura of a leader, would exceed his twin. Bravery, honesty, strength, kindness, wit and most recently, chilvary but Saya is intelligent and has a different kind of street smarts...that from a hardened heart, so petty and cruel. 

ES and Saya are clearly distinct characters ; SJK played the roles very well.

• Like 4

Next week, the blood bath is starting. I guess, Asa Ron, Asa Mot and their followers will be all killed as the witnesses of his confession. Ragaz had predicted the blood bath and let us not forget that Tanya had cursed the Daekhan warriors too.

To me, the writer did a great job with the characters, especially with the antagonists. Tagon, Taealha and Saya are definitely intriguing. Now, we know why Tagon killed all the Neanthals and the Igutus. He wanted to make his father's wish come true because if not, the death of the innocents (his friends and their family) would have been in vain. In the end, his father is the main culprit for all this. He feared so much the prophecy that he made so many wrong decisions. His greed and Asa Ron's ambition are the cause of this tragedy and the downfall of Arthdal.

Mihol will be disposed as well because Tanya's father has already proposed to create iron which is far better than bronze. Tagon will remove him just after that terrible night because we shouldn't forget the deal between Asa Ron and Mihol. The latter wanted to become the king. Mihol still thinks, Tagon is depend of him...

I am really looking forward for Eunseom's journey as well: gathering the support of many tribes (Momo, Ago, etc...) which will make it possible for Eunseom to fight against Tagon as the latter will be weakened by the inner struggle (blood bath). Tagon will become a tyrant...

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Taegon is still the most powerful character (the actor is too good !) : antagonist and ambitious but still so pitiful.                      

He said that he didnt wish to take the road fo innocents sacrifices but failed to realise that to hide the secret of his nature, many innocents were sacrified and that to not being casted away by his dad, he organised a genocide. He is also matricide and patricide.

This is why people should be judged by their actions and not theirs words. You are not what you say or wish but what you do. Poor Taegon for not acknowledging who he really is.

I can't believe that there is only 4 episodes before the ending ot the drama. Deserve at least 50 episodes...

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Najoua Soussi said:

Taegon is still the most powerful character (the actor is too good !) : antagonist and ambitious but still so pitiful.                      

He said that he didn't wish to take the road fo innocents sacrifices but failed to realise that to hide the secret of his nature, many innocents were sacrified and that to not being casted away by his dad, he organised a genocide. He is also matricide and patricide.

This is why people should be judged by their actions and not theirs words. You are not what you say or wish but what you do. Poor Taegon for not acknowledging who he really is.

I can't believe that there is only 4 episodes before the ending ot the drama. Deserve at least 50 episodes...

Well, he knew the price and he is well aware that his father's dream came with a huge price. That's why he didn't want a blood bath after becoming the ruler. His father promised him that he would make him into Aramun with the belief that that way he could avoid the prophecy. However, his own father got more and more afraid of the prophecy hence he started hating his son and regretted his decisions. With his son, Niruha Sanung could get more and more power and even land.

Yes, Tagon killed his father and it is a crime but who was the one who chose war and expansion at the expense of the other tribes? Asa Ron, Mihol and Tagon's father. They were the one who sent Tagon to Iark... The blood is on their hands, Tagon was just the tool. By trying to kill Tagon, Tanya and Taealha, they didn't realize that the Union is weakening.   

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Najoua Soussi said:

I cant believe it either. .  the world building in this drama is just really interesting to watch. Really deserves more episodes.

• Like 3

@bebebisous33 @Najoua Soussi  This reader thinks that Taegon kills simply to survive.  he just did not want to die.  So he killed many.... He basically is an Igutu who knows right and wrong.... Killing innocents is not justifiable, so he has to make excuses to his existance…. by staying alive he must build something better than in the past and the present.... a peaceful world.

alas he is now forced to do more killings...to survive!!!  Arthdal Chronicles is truly a draining tale with so much emotions and blood!

• Like 5

After watching the subs I think this episode is important to understand what/who created Tagon and his goal towards being Arasum Haesulla. It also tells you about Eunseom and his goal. Tagon said he does not like to kill, yet he was raised to be a killer through his father and those who use him for their power. Tagon thought of having his rule to be a peaceful one but because of Asa Ron's greed and Mihol scheming he's being prevented from doing so. Not that I justify his actions but this is what is being seen from his and Taelha's perspective. He was taught to hate himself as an Igutu etc. What this does prove is that Asa Ron is a coward, he chose not to listen to Asa Sakan's words and prodded the monster in Tagon now he is truly afraid and running. It is because of these men actions that Tanya's prediction of Aranthdal downfall will come true, the crescent moon night there will be death.

Eun Seom is trying to learn how to gain power through people and his first case is Ipsaeng who acknowledges that he is a horrible person. Yet its Ipsaeng who is teaching Eun Seom several things about tribes and people. In a 5 min preview Tanya says that power has to do with the heart (I think) which will explains Eun Seom's rise. As for the flag, when I saw Taelha's, said that Eun Seom already has one created by the Momo tribe, the horse will return when he feels that ES is strong enough.   What is happening is the growth of a leader in ES and the journey of a leader who end up causing the downfall of a nation - Tagon and the path they took.

The other good stuff was the death of Goldu - the Momo tribe captured one of their men who told them the truth about Sutanik's death and they are likely to forgive Ipsaeng as they knew that he lied to protect the wife from her own death.  The girl's power returned but she may lose it again because of it.  The concern is the people who saw her save someone in spite of being Neathnal and being afraid of her strength - hiding or acceptance?

• Like 6

Tagon and Taealha will try to conquer the rest of the tribes so the whole country will be under them with their flags. But they will be too late  since ES probably all influenced them and got them under his leadership with Momo ( the purple flag). They will both have to fight to see who wins..

I honestly wish to see the fight between

• ES and Tagon 
  •  Taealha and Xabara

I am surprised that Mubaek and the masked mouth guy teamed up. I thought that he would be the one who would eventually kill Mubaek because Tagon made a comment to him saying that your still not strong enough against Mubaek yet. Not sure where he got information that ES was dead from or what his plans are since Mubaek prob believes that that horse is the legendary horse and that ES was Aramun. So if he thinks ES is dead then who does he think is aramun?

I do think that that ES last conversation to that guy that was in charged of the slaves and was also obsessed with gems will come into play. 

"If you manage to be alive and get yourself comrades that it was an Igutus  that saved  you,. " I do believe that he will come and side with ES later on and proudly yell it out. :blush: 

One scene that I imagine that happening is ES getting captured by Tagon and all of ES's comrades/  tribes comes together include that slave guy to save him. Of course the slave guy saying that it was an igutu that saved me and then making a jab comment about this current situation to ES.

I do fear that once Saya , ES, and Tanya meet they will figure out that the dreams are about the whereabouts are about each other. They could use this as a tactic to their advantage when they are at war or planning something big.

• Like 4

@chasen8888 The last episode proves one more time that Asa Ron was in reality a fake priest since he had no true belief. First, he had to be "high" (smoke) in order to understand Gods' will which proves that he had no psychic abilities. This also explains why he could use gods' will for his own interest. Secondly, he never paid attention to the belief as such.... The redecoration of the Shrine reveals that the Asa Clan created new gods, legends in order to diminish the belief about Aramun and Asa Sin. Remember that in the episode 1, the dying soldat was asked in which god he believed... He mentioned Aramun but this scene showed that the myth about the existence of Aramun was a belief among others.

Furthermore Aramun is supposed to be an Igutu which Asa Ron ignored as he didn't believe in this. He doubts that Tanya is a real descendant of Asa Sin. He actually thought that Tanya was just like him (using religion for her own interest) and ignored her words.

Yes, being an Igutu can be a curse or a blessing. Asa Ron's blindness and stubbornness ensure that the prophecy comes true. An Igutu will bring calamity to Arthdal, while Eunseom has accepted his identity and difference hence he will bring harmony again.     

• Like 4

Xabara  gave me a Jap impression and indeed she is a Jap, I felt the way she spoke is very Jap too. She is so pretty! So is the Nantheal n her sister.

Sorry to Tagon fans, I was abit sleepy when he spoke abt his past, I find it a bit too long for 9 minutes to talk abt his childhood etc. Tagon gave me the impression of having both Saya n Eunsom both into 1, he is actually being forced to be devilish like Saya and deep inside like Eunsom not wanting bloodshed.

Is it me or I find Saya holding Tanya's hand walking abt really amusing....he is creating some kind of propriety so as to hold her hand. He definitely play a very impt part in keeping her safe and also helping her. I can see that he really love her so much that his eyes are so filled with love whenever he looks at her, even when he saw her father, he had to hold his hand like some son-in-law thanking father in law for marry the daughter off. Wahans are too innocent to protect themselves against the White mountain peak ppl, they are so worried of losing their place in Arth. Black tongues and children of Sathi (forgot the spelling) are some kind of cult or something?

Ipaseng has this really conflicted look on him, 1 hand wanna stay alive while 1 hand cannot forget abt his friend not being able to have a proper burial.....I truly feel his tribe must have wanted his head or he will not have looked like he saw ghosts when the AGO tribe ppl stood by the river looking upon both him n Eunsom. He should have his own version of sob story....

Wonder what is the bottle that Momo tribe have with them, the ladies all look pretty and nice but the men all look quite scary. Ok I cannot wait for next week again!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, firipy said:

Xabara  gave me a Jap impression and indeed she is a Jap, I felt the way she spoke is very Jap too. She is so pretty! So is the Nantheal n her sister.

Sorry to Tagon fans, I was abit sleepy when he spoke abt his past, I find it a bit too long for 9 minutes to talk abt his childhood etc. Tagon gave me the impression of having both Saya n Eunsom both into 1, he is actually being forced to be devilish like Saya and deep inside like Eunsom not wanting bloodshed.

Is it me or I find Saya holding Tanya's hand walking abt really amusing....he is creating some kind of propriety so as to hold her hand. He definitely play a very impt part in keeping her safe and also helping her. I can see that he really love her so much that his eyes are so filled with love whenever he looks at her, even when he saw her father, he had to hold his hand like some son-in-law thanking father in law for marry the daughter off. Wahans are too innocent to protect themselves against the White mountain peak ppl, they are so worried of losing their place in Arth. Black tongues and children of Sathi (forgot the spelling) are some kind of cult or something?

Ipaseng has this really conflicted look on him, 1 hand wanna stay alive while 1 hand cannot forget abt his friend not being able to have a proper burial.....I truly feel his tribe must have wanted his head or he will not have looked like he saw ghosts when the AGO tribe ppl stood by the river looking upon both him n Eunsom. He should have his own version of sob story....

Wonder what is the bottle that Momo tribe have with them, the ladies all look pretty and nice but the men all look quite scary. Ok I cannot wait for next week again!

1. I have come to realize why Ipsaeng has been acting like that. Suddenly I remembered that the Ago tribe was mentioned in the first episode, when Tagon and Taealha met after the Daekhan warriors celebrated the end of the Neanthal hunting. It was said that that the inner struggle among the Ago tribe had stopped but their recent reconciliation would be temporary as the Ago members used to fight against each other. So in my opinion, Ipsaeng witnessed the betrayal and the fight in his tribe therefore he turned his back against his own tribe as he could no longer feel as part of this tribe: too selfish, too greedy, too ruthless etc. Then in the last episode, we heard that one warrior from the Daekhan soldier (forgot his name) was sent to the Ago tribe many years ago... And this is important because it shows that Tagon and Arthdal are responsible for the blood bath and fight in his tribe. They used this trick in order to weaken the Ago tribe. Notice that even the Daekhan warrior avoids their territory. Ipsaeng blamed his tribe for the fight and their selfishness, while in reality they had been manipulated by Tagon/Sanung.  

2. Could it be water from the sea as the Momo Tribe is connected to the ocean?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1