[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

@bebebisous33 And that is why it's too sad for him. Hope he and ES will come face to face later on while he's still alive. He's doomed the moment he fell for Tanya. 

Well, he has been raised by Taealha, a very ruthless, greedy and selfish person which influenced Saya greatly. Saya is just like her hence his love for Tanya is not selfless and pure. I don't feel sorry for him as he chose a path where he killed and injured innocent people. Did he need to poison Tagon's half-brother? No.... He just considered him as a pawn. He is not interested in justice, only in power so that he can escape from his prison. If he becomes the heir, he can live proudly and enjoy his position. He is not wondering about his true origins.

I have been thinking about what Saeutnik whispered to Eunseom, just after he talked about sins. What if Saeutnik fell in love with a Neanthal and she became his wife? He decided to protect her. That's why Saeutnik could tell him that he was not a sin because he was the result of love. That way, Eunseom discovers his true origins.

• Like 6

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

After so long browsing the forum. I speak again... 

Saya and Eun Som have same face but totally different people. I still cannot see Saya as a good person. There's a glimpse of evil. Remember, he killed before to stage an event. 

However, Eun Som is much purer and now have supporter (the fellows from the gem mines). I really wanted to see them go together to find the Wife from one of them - i dont remember his name. 

I dont care with the ratings bcoz not everybody likes this genre. 

I hope the three of them have a good endings. Eun Som, Tanya and Saya. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, he has been raised by Taealha, a very ruthless, greedy and selfish person which influenced Saya greatly. Saya is just like her hence his love for Tanya is not selfless and pure. I don't feel sorry for him as he chose a path where he killed and injured innocent people. Did he need to poison Tagon's half-brother? No.... He just considered him as a pawn. He is not interested in justice, only in power so that he can escape from his prison. If he becomes the heir, he can live proudly and enjoy his position. He is not wondering about his true origins.

I have been thinking about what Saeutnik whispered to Eunseom, just after he talked about sins. What if Saeutnik fell in love with a Neanthal and she became his wife? He decided to protect her. That's why Saeutnik could tell him that he was not a sin because he was the result of love. That way, Eunseom discovers his true origins.

You are right indeed. But somehow I kinda feel sorry for him..ha ha.. since he is a victim of circumstance. I imagine what his life would have been had he not been separated from ES. Though I do not like him much as a character, but I just find him interesting.

You just reminded me of that thing Saeutnik whispered to ES. I am very curious about that after I watched that episode. Maybe we'll learn about it later on.

56 minutes ago, V said:

Hi y'all! We decided to pick up Arthdal Chronicles over at Drama Milk! We just finished the first live recap!

Thank you so much, chingu~!

I'm still not used to this thread so quiet as there are not that many people who live streams it :D... compared to the previous thread I just came from ^_^.

• Like 4

Chingus,  what's the significance of falling of  scabs from Eunseum's back?  (it was included in the flashback of scenes in episode 13)

One reason I know is he needed to return to arthdal as his eomma instructed that to him but beyond that, any other special reason? Enlighten me jebal.

Watching now episode 13 @ Netflix.:o

• Like 1

@lightbringer06 After reading the recap from dramamilk, I came to realize the huge difference between Tagon with Saya and Eunseom. The latter helps the others without asking anything in return therefore the woman from the Momo tribe chose Eunseom's back as their sign. I have the impression that Eunseom's journey will be to meet different tribes and help them so that at the end of the day, all of them decides to choose Eunseom as their leader because they feel gratitude. That's why he will meet the Neanthals too. With the support of the different tribes, he will be able to destroy Arthdal and stop the tyranny of Sarams. In other words, Eunseom will gain power without asking for it and his reward for his good deeds will be to become a real soldier and even have a huge army. 

And this explains why Eunseom is so different from Tagon and his twin brother. Both suffered that's why they chose to become selfish and self-centered. On the other hand, Eunseom who suffered a lot too never gave up his morals and never tried to use his own misery in order to torment others.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lightbringer06 After reading the recap from dramamilk, I came to realize the huge difference between Tagon with Saya and Eunseom. The latter helps the others without asking anything in return therefore the woman from the Momo tribe chose Eunseom's back as their sign. I have the impression that Eunseom's journey will be to meet different tribes and help them so that at the end of the day, all of them decides to choose Eunseom as their leader because they feel gratitude. Eunseom will gain power without asking for it. 

And this explains why Eunseom is so different from Tagon and his twin brother. Both suffered that's why they chose to become selfish and self-centered. On the other hand, Eunseom who suffered a lot too never gave up his morals and never tried to use his own misery in order to torment others.

Totally agree with this! There were previews with EunSeom surrounded by a bunch of people, so I'm sure his journey back to Arthdal doesn't stop with just the Momo tribe taking his side. I must say the Momo tribe gave quite the impression (partially coz of their look / get-ups - i realised some of them actually have seahorses painted on their faces lol) so although I was initially griping that even more characters keep getting added, I think it was a good addition. There are many tribes out there that are not a part of Arthdal, so we might see how all this will change by the end.

Honestly part of me could do without Ipsaeng in this episode, but I'm assuming being with EunSeom will cause him to change his ways at the end, again how ES changes the people around him without forcing them to do his bidding.

In Arthdal, less seemed to happen this episode, but finally all the Wahans are free - only one I'm not glad to see is the Wahan that betrayed ES... I'm sure ES will forgive him at the end, but somehow I won't feel satisfied by that.  I'm looking forward to how Tanya + Mubaek will turn the tides but there's so much to cover in just 5 episodes left! 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

Totally agree with this! There were previews with EunSeom surrounded by a bunch of people, so I'm sure his journey back to Arthdal doesn't stop with just the Momo tribe taking his side. I must say the Momo tribe gave quite the impression (partially coz of their look / get-ups - i realised some of them actually have seahorses painted on their faces lol) so although I was initially griping that even more characters keep getting added, I think it was a good addition. There are many tribes out there that are not a part of Arthdal, so we might see how all this will change by the end.

Honestly part of me could do without Ipsaeng in this episode, but I'm assuming being with EunSeom will cause him to change his ways at the end, again how ES changes the people around him without forcing them to do his bidding.

In Arthdal, less seemed to happen this episode, but finally all the Wahans are free - only one I'm not glad to see is the Wahan that betrayed ES... I'm sure ES will forgive him at the end, but somehow I won't feel satisfied by that.  I'm looking forward to how Tanya + Mubaek will turn the tides but there's so much to cover in just 5 episodes left! 

I believe too that Ip-Saeng will change for the better but he will also become Eunseom's biggest supporter in the end because once he witnesses how Eunseom is able to gain the support of the different tribes, he will realize the importance of generosity and courage. The result can be much more rewarding than deception and greed. Due to his selfishness, he never achieved anything.

I don't think that he will forgive the traitor from the Wahan because he didn't forgive the Saram who got tortured later. He just saved him, yet he still resented him. Notice that he told the man, he should always remember that his life was saved by an Igutu which shows that he wants the man to feel remorse and guilt.

@Sakurafairy It was said that there were still 5 Neanthals alive.

• Like 5

I just finished episode 13 and things are going to each places. I am a little lazy to share my  full views and analyses right now. Mian-_-

@bebebisous33I just finished episode 13 and Sateunik's wife is not a neanthal. The significance of Sateunik to Eunseum to Momo Tribe is that the kind personality of Eunseum saved Xabara (the leader of the Momo tribe)  and her child when they were being chased by the rebelled members of Momo Tribe. 

IMG-20190907-222335.jpg

From then on Xabara and the Momo Tribe made an oath to find him and repay his kindness. So basically Eunseum now has a big tribe to support him and woahhhh they are warriors and fierce but as Sateunik said his tribe is always repaying the kindness that was given to them.   Even their flag was changed to the appearance  of Eunseum's back. 

IMG-irhtys.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20190907-223047.jpg

For me this last scene is the best scene in episode 13 :D.

• Like 5

I have the impression that Ipsaeng is acting like that because of his tribe. He said that his tribe serves justice and he even mentioned the legend about the god Anaishingi who jumped from the great waterfall so from my point of view, the scene with the raft in the preview means that Eunseom is now visiting the Ago tribe. Either Ipsaeng lost his faith in his tribe because he suffered injustice and couldn't prove his innocence hence he ran away and talks badly about the Ago Tribe. The way he only thinks of himself shows to me that he no longer trusts people and he keeps saying that he has been taught to live like that... indicating that he had been betrayed. Another possibility is that Ipsaeng could have been a cursed child like Tanya (the one who breaks the shell) and Ipsaeng wanted to escape his fate. However, Eunseom will survive the ritual with the Waterfall so that the Ago tribe will recognize him as god Anaishingi. 

The last scene was really moving. Now, Xabara is on her way to meet the owner from the mine and his minions. They will meet next to the mountain and realize that they are trying to catch Eunseom as the Momo Tribe uses now a purple flag with a symbol and the bad guys will be able to connect the dots.

@Albutt The actress is Japanese. Her name is Erika Katara. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Albutt said:

Anyone know the actress that plays Xabara of momo tribe? Loving her character  :love:

I love her voice when she’s rallying her tribesmen, it’s so strong and deep! I also love that she can alternate between looking girly (like when Eunsom bandaged her arm) to powerful and scary (when she rides up to confront the Daekan (?) force with her tribe). 

*goes off to begin fangirling Erika Karata ^_^*

• Like 5

So many things happen in just one episode but the highlights of Ep13 was the introduction of Erika Karata (Karika aka Xabara) and Kim Sung Cheol (Ipsaeng). Since Xabara was the leader of Momo Tribe i'm just wondering that maybe Ipsaeng was came from a family of  a Tribe leader (which we think its Ago Tribe), since he told he is the third son of a leader. So many information Ipsaeng told Eunsoom while they were hugging during the cold night. ( I need to rewatch it)

But before that, what you think of Ipsaeng x Xabara - Karika OTP??? hehehe :D

tumblr_pxhrpz6xwk1u2dd0eo1_400.gifv

tumblr_pxhrpz6xwk1u2dd0eo2_540.gifv

tumblr_pxhrpz6xwk1u2dd0eo3_640.gifv

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

33 minutes ago, iamlatika said:

So many things happen in just one episode but the highlights of Ep13 was the introduction of Erika Karata (Xabara) and Kim Sung Cheol (Ipsaeng). Since Xabara was the leader of Momo Tribe i'm just wondering that maybe Ipsaeng was came from a family of  a Tribe leader (which we think its Ago Tribe), since he told he is the third son of a leader. So many information Ipsaeng told Eunsoom while they were hugging during the cold night. ( I need to rewatch it)

But before that, what you think of Ipsaeng x Xabara OTP??? hehehe :D

I want Eun Seom x Karika(Xabara), she is touched by his actions. Eun Seom’s harem is growing well, Tanya + Chae Eun + Karika :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Lukijong said:

I want Eun Seom x Karika(Xabara), she is touched by his actions. Eun Seom’s harem is growing well, Tanya + Chae Eun + Karika :lol:

But Ipsaeng was attracted by Karika therefore I can definitely see him trying to woo her, once he changes his behavior. Eunseom will save his life therefore Ipsaeng will bring him to his tribe.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lukijong said:

You are so right ! ARTHDAL C. is starting to look like a harem for Eunseom... And the winner of all is the winner of a contest of popularity....

• Like 3