[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

12 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

he goes to meet asa ron and suggests a suitable plan for both of them... Result - asa ron ends up declaring that tagon is indeed messanger of god hence he surely can hold rituals... 

That's brilliant! So he is a prophet now.:lol:  I can't wait to know what he has in mind for Eunseom's brother.

18 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

borh of them come face to face and both of them runs fighting towards each other.... Episode ends...

I haven't seen the preview for the next episode but I think it's a perfect opportunity for Tagon to kill his father and put the blame on Eunseom.

• Like 5

An exciting drama.

Tanya is a brave girl.

She doesnt look scared, even though she surely is.

She is even watching all those new things she is seeing

with curiosity.

Same as Eunseom, who adjusts to any situation pretty fast.

Him and Kanmoreu are an invincible team.

Maybe they loose some battles, but not the war.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

@Gumiho9 so basically I completed watching ep 4.... It is thrilling... Brief update -

Episode starts with eun seom making discovery that in arthdal, children are used as slaves and he is devastated....he again crosses his road with that lady...so that lady belongs to the family of physicians...her father was responsible for killing of Neanderthals.... And he feels guilty ... So in long run, they are going to support eun seom... 

On wahan part, tanya takes charge.... She says some prophecy about the fate of those who are torturing her... And there we get to know that she belongs to some great white wolf who belongs to arthdal... Her mother while dying tells her that when tanya was prophesizing, she saw great white wolf ( we do see it on screen )... She had a brief encounter with tagon...

The fact that taelha supports tagon...her father comes to know about it...he forces her to give poison to tagon... Taelha goes to meet tagon but they end up confessing for each other...taelha tells him that whatever he planned, better be good or else she will also end up dead... There was brief encounter between taelha & tanya here while living tagon's tent..

Now tagon puts his plan on action here...he goes to meet asa ron and suggests a suitable plan for both of them... Result - asa ron ends up declaring that tagon is indeed messanger of god hence he surely can hold rituals... Now both asa ron and tagon finds the guy who falsified tagon... That guy claims that it was saring niruha who planned it...the people of asa ron tries to hostage niruha but all are brutally killee...

Meanwhile, eun seom dresses up to hold niruha so that he can negotiate for wahan tribe...everyone surprised to know that niruha has been taken into hostage by some unknown person... So tagon suggests that he goes up and negotiate with eun seom...borh of them come face to face and both of them runs fighting towards each other.... Episode ends...

Nice cliffhanger

Thanks for the summary! I was not surprised that Asa Ron would side with Tagon and declare him a messenger of the god because Asa Ron always showed some concern towards Tagon. Furthermore the latter started very early with the burial ceremony in the presence of Giseon and nothing happened. Taegon took the igutu for that reason (messenger of god, the igutu will be used as Aramun Haesulla). Yet it was very clear that Tagon himself doesn't believe in the existence of Aramun Haesulla.

From my point of view, Mubaek represents the opposite of Tagon, he was a strong believer of this cult hence he didn't always approve Tagon's actions and words, yet never dared to criticize him openly. That's why I am expecting Mubaek will join Eunseom as soon as he realizes that he is the son of Asa Hon because he has the symbol of Asa Tribe.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

For a cable drama it´s not bad.

To be honest I´m surprised that there isn´t such a hype about this drama.

@Sarang21 hey friend, why not tag me , I like my heroes eating vegetables :mrgreen:

9120474C-4C65-4FD5-9B00-65AB33A5C561.gif

love love drawing :innocent::phew:

5cfd6833795d9680623696.gif?download

start watching today , I will catch up with what I messed so far :relaxed:

• LOL 3

13 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sarang21 hey friend, why not tag me , I like my heroes eating vegetables :mrgreen:

love love drawing :innocent::phew:

start watching today , I will catch up with what I messed so far :relaxed:

Sorry chingu...I didn´t know that :joy:. But I´m happy to see you here :kiss_wink:

• Love 2

Tagon is also a child of a prophecy. The shaman predicted that Tagon would ruin the Union Arthdal which pushed the father to try to get rid of him. His murder attempt was the trigger for Tagon to plan to change his fate. In reality, Tagon is just the product of greedy men. Gods had known that at some point, the leaders of Arthdal would forget the true philosophy of Aramun Haesulla. No tribe rules over others...

I have the impression that the tribe Hae is the cause of all this. We shouldn't forget that Asa Ron mentioned that Hae had tried before in Remus and failed. Mihol had realized that only knowledge is not enough to impose their ruling, they needed a strong tribe with warriors that's why he wanted his daughter to marry Tagon's father.

Both episodes from this week were so good. I was only missing Mubaek in the last episode. I hope, he joins Eunseom really soon as the latter needs support. I am wondering what is Tagon's weakness.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

So far, we know that Eunsom has an older sibling who is also igutu and was taken by Tagon. There are also those two  neanthal children. Can’t wait to see the full bloods help the half bloods against the Saram.

Edited by Michael Isidro
Spelling correction
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Craniata said:

guys, episode today is so goodddddd, full emotion. hope the rating will increase. for me, the drama with big investigation, A actors and good director like Arthadal, the rating isn't satisfied me. 

I agree this at least deserves 10%+ i hope the ratings can rise.

56 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

So Tagon is also a child of a prophecy. The shaman predicted that Tagon would ruin the Union Arthdal which pushed the father to try to get rid of him. His murder attempt was the trigger for Tagon to plan to change his fate. In reality, Tagon is just the product of greedy men. Gods had known that at some point, the leaders of Arthdal would forget the true philosophy of Aramun Haesulla. No tribe rules over others...

I have the impression that the tribe Hae is the cause of all this. We shouldn't forget that Asa Ron mentioned that Hae had tried before in Remus and failed. Mihol had realized that only knowledge is not enough to impose their ruling, they needed a strong tribe with warriors that's why he wanted his daughter to marry Tagon's father.

Both episodes from this week were so good. I was only missing Mubaek in the last episode. I hope, he joins Eunseom really soon as the latter needs support. I am wondering what is Tagon's weakness.

Tagons weakness is pretty obvious , hes arrogant and cocky and power hungry.  Hes also not Eunseom or as strong as him.. well shouldn't be. 

• Like 3

“Arthdal Chronicles” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

âArthdal Chroniclesâ Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

Viewership ratings for tvN’s new drama “Arthdal Chronicles” are on the rise!

On June 9, the fourth episode of “Arthdal Chronicles” achieved the fantasy drama’s highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast scored an average rating of 7.7 percent nationwide, marking a significant increase of 1.3 percent from the night before. The episode went on to peak at 8.9 percent nationwide.

“Arthdal Chronicles” is a new fantasy epic about the mythical ancient land of Arth. The drama stars Song Joong Ki as Eun Seom, a brave outsider who faces off against the ambitious warrior Ta Gon (played by Jang Dong Gun).

Spoiler
On the latest episode of the drama, Eun Seom took Ta Gon’s father San Woong (played by Kim Eui Sung) hostage in an attempt to save the captured members of the Wahan tribe, including Tan Ya (played by Kim Ji Won).

“Arthdal Chronicles” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 9 p.m. KST.

• Like 3

This story reminds this reader of a combination of Mel Gibson movie Apocalypto where the small tribes were held captive by a powerful Mayan state.... and had to march through the forest ties to the sticks around their necks + the  fantasy story Games of Throne.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

this series deserves amazing ratings...not just because of its amazing story but because of the boldness of makers who could create this story on Glamour oriented Korean Screen....

@bebebisous33 true that Tagon's main enemy is his hunger for power....and also as per wiki , tagon will also fall in love with Tanya... I do not think that the masked man is the elder igutu because in such scenario , why tagon will tell taelha to go see the older igutu??? Another thing is , Tanya prophesied , how will it come to be fruitful? would like to Eun Seom getting rid of his innocence and becoming a bit more understanding of this so called developed civilisation called Arthdal…

@bebebisous33  You are right.  I rewatched the first episode and the masked man was in it at the time when they went on the great hunt for igutu after exterminating most of the naenthal.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

why would Tae Al ha be the queen??? I believe nowhere it says so

I think Silveer is talking about the initial descriptions of the characters that were released a year ago. You can read it in the first post.

Eun Som is a cursed child born in Blue Stone Village under an ominous sign. He later becomes the conqueror of Asadal, capital of Gojoseon, taking it from city-state to empire...

Tae Ha is the last surviving Neoantal , a race different from humans, as well as the first Empress of Asadal.

We don't know yet whether it is legit or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

@bebebisous33  You are right.  I rewatched the first episode and the masked man was in it at the time when they went on the great hunt for igutu after exterminating most of the naenthal.

@LSGLMH_88 Yes, Yangcha is much older than Eunseom. Since his mouth has been covered for so long, I assume that he is an igutu too. Moreover, his strength was almost the same than Eunseom's. Besides, we could see that Yangcha is close to Tagon and Giseon.

In the first episode, Yangcha is following Giseon and the latter even threatens Mubaek by saying that Yangcha could become Daekan's strongest warrior, once his training is finished. Giseon and Tagon are definitely working together, I suspect that Giseon will help Tagon to get rid of Asa Ron so that he can become the new leader of the White Mountain Tribe. Asa Ron won't be no longer needed, since Tagon has become Gods' messenger. Yet, I can imagine that Tagon hasn't told Giseon about the existence of Eunseom's brother and will double-cross him in the end. 

Tagon will use Eunseom's brother and say that he is the reincarnation of Aramun Haesulla. A possibility is that Yangcha was raised/protected by Giseon, the latter thought to use him as Aramun Haesulla hoping to get more power through Tagon's help. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I suspect that Giseon will help Tagon to get rid of Asa Ron so that he can become the new leader of the White Mountain Tribe. Asa Ron won't be no longer needed, since Tagon has become Gods' messenger.

Tagon will use Eunseom's brother and say that he is the reincarnation of Aramun Haesulla. A possibility is that Yangcha was raised/protected by Giseon, the latter thought to use him as Aramun Haesulla hoping to get more power through Tagon's help. 

Hi all. Just completed the 4th episode and had the same thought as bebebisous33 about Tagon's plan. But I think I am also starting to see his grand scheme in a bigger picture. It's become clear Tagon is hitting 3 birds with one stone (or even 4).

1) By manipulating Asa Ron to declare him spiritual, he'll be able to take on the high seat of Asa clan with support from the people (since they already complained the current Asa clan is not the real descendants).

2) At the same time overthrow his father who reported him. He could even kill his father in the tower in the next episode and accuse Eunseom as the killer.

3) Once Tagon take out both Asa Ron and Sanung to be the leader of both clans, he'll marry Taealha for Hae's tribe and absorb their technology. Though his plan won't work out because he'll fall for Tanya.

4) Unification - At this point I've started to liken Tagon as the First Emperor of China, Qin Shi Huang. China used to be in different states, and people with different cultures. Qin Shi Huang went to war and unified all the states to become one nation, China. He burnt books to unify languages, thoughts & writings. In doing something similar to Qin Shi Huang, Tagon will be the first ruler of all land, the one who sits on the bear throne. To unify all people, he'll need to gain the trust of people, so I think he kept an Igutu to show the people he has been kind to the half-born and that his father was the cruel one that eradicated all Neanthals.

I really wonder how Eunseom will be able to go up against Tagon. It'll have to have some sort of time-jump because both Tanya and Eunseom are way to naive at the moment to outsmart a Master in conniving schemes like Tagon. Yes Eunseom learns quick, but he'll need a teacher first. I'm starting to think perhaps Mubaek will be the one.

• Like 7