Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Current Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

Welll I said back on pg 2.. I'm going to watch this for my two fav child actors.  Heo Jung Eun (young Tanya) and (Kim Yejoon ( young EunSom) and  so I'm watching. They are future Daesng winners.

But I'll likely continue watching this. I  actually enjoyed episode 1 Haven't watch episode 2 yet.   I felt like it was Game of Thrones but not really. When I saw still so SJK I though of Jungle book. :D

From the start I Think understood the story. They offered those things to the Neathals(?) when they were in the mountains but it was rejected.  And from watching ( reading sub) Sanung Niruha tried to win them over again sending beautiful gifts . before that the tribe already found out that there's been  infectious disease  that affected only Neathals and some animals The gifts that Sanung wanted to give to them- the fabrics that's been wrapped around the horses  and other animals infected by the disease. Asa Hon  was the sacrificial victim. These was all planned by Tagon.. he brag about it this plan during the scene they were rejocing killing the Neathals.- They wehre shooting them with arrow fires Trying to wipe them out.

I think they are going to fight for iark. EunsSom discovered the way. Asa Hon has been looking for the cliff that will lead to iar and it's been 10 years and her child was the one who discovered. Thsi is the place where  she said "No God of Arth can excersice their authority" that in order for them to live they must go down there. But from the ending scenes Tagon's father wants to send him there  which the other leader protested (Asa Ron? the one wearing the white robe or something) Sanung said who can he entrust this but to his son.

This drama is very interesting. I like the cinemtography as well.  Here's hoping my interest will not fade. Because I'm more into crime action psycho  thriller.  I'm not fan of the lead stars but as long a I find the drama good, I'll watch/

BTW, do you chingus know who's going to the actor for the adult version of the Itugu child? The one that Tagon raised? Hmmm

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

- "beans... barely... mugwort and garlic. What are these?"

- "cultivation and agriculture. Your formidable power and our skills. Your fertile land, and the wisdom and civilization of Arthdal"

They wanted to show their skills in farming to persuade Neanthals to accept their offer since they didn't know how to farm. So they were offering their skills (not their food) in exchange of their fertile land.

They knew they had no chance against Neanthals and yet they were ready to go to war with them. Why would they do that if not out of desperation?

Edit: I'm not trying to justify their actions and the genocide they committed (they are not justifiable) but I think it was clear that starvation was a real issue for them and not just an excuse.

Did Hitler go to war out of desperation? They were not desperate they were greedy for the land the Neanthals had, i dont think it was clear that starvation was a real issue. 

1 hour ago, jongski said:

BTW, do you chingus know who's going to the actor for the adult version of the Itugu child? The one that Tagon raised? Hmmm

Hes not been revealed yet so im not sure anyone knows? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

- "beans... barely... mugwort and garlic. What are these?"

- "cultivation and agriculture. Your formidable power and our skills. Your fertile land, and the wisdom and civilization of Arthdal"

They wanted to show their skills in farming to persuade Neanthals to accept their offer since they didn't know how to farm. So they were offering their skills (not their food) in exchange of their fertile land.

They knew they had no chance against Neanthals and yet they were ready to go to war with them. Why would they do that if not out of desperation?

Edit: I'm not trying to justify their actions and the genocide they committed (they are not justifiable) but I think it was clear that starvation was a real issue for them and not just an excuse.

Ähh during the negotiation Tagon father clearly said that he want to build a nation, stand on top of the pyramid and rule over all living things. If it was trully about desperation to not starve why didn´t he simply told the Neanthal that they need the land to not starve. 

They only offered a collaboration because at that time they did not have a solution on how to overtake the Nanthal.  Let´s say the Neanthal accepted the offer. They would have used the land to empower themselves and the moment they got a chance to get rid of the Neanthal they would have done so. 

If they attacked the neanthal  because of desperation to not starve then what is the excuse to attack the people of Wahan tribe?

• Like 4

i just finished watching ep2.. im amazed at the speed of progress :open_mouth: the boy whom they trained as the best fighter in ep1.. i forgot the name but he was the one who grew up and still wearing a mask.. could he be a neanthal or igutus? they can only be differentiated by the eyes lips blood and the markings at their back isn’t it?

i love how Helper ended up as the legendary kanmoreu, the direct descendant of firstborns.. and also when that warrior moo baek can identify the horse and the rider as aramun haesulla :grimace: 

in wikipedia, tagon’s woman.. the one he wanted to marry is a neanthal?? is she one of the neanthal children that were asking asa hon to give the baby to them? and who will be the adult of the boy roddib?? i have so many questions!!

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

in wikipedia, tagon’s woman.. the one he wanted to marry is a neanthal?? is she one of the neanthal children that were asking asa hon to give the baby to them? and who will be the adult of the boy roddib?? i have so many questions!!

We still didn't reach this part and i'm sure like all of us have a million questions...Quite curious if the synopsis about her is right and why did they choose if so,to reveal it and not make it a grand suprise...I would do so!

I can help with one question..I think she is fairly the same age as Tagon or maybe a bit younger and she wasn't the one Asa Hon saved because the boys were 10old and she raised the boy Tagon found back them (EunSeom older brother)...

We don't know yet if the young boys(Rottip etc) suvived...If anyone saved Tae Al Ha was the one who is her father now...

I actually knew he was the famous horse from the first moment i heard people accusing him of stealing a horse from that guy...I guess being a "seasoned" drama viewer(fantasy books as well)i saw it coming :lol:

I was anticipating more for others to realize who he is actually

I think for this drama the our no.1enemy will be the WAITING!!! first waiting for next episodes and after to wait for the other seasons!!!!

Why the heck did they split the episodes for this drama!!!(i mean,S3-last 6 episodes is in SEPTEMBER guys!!!)

Want all of it in one go!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Did Hitler go to war out of desperation? They were not desperate they were greedy for the land the Neanthals had, i dont think it was clear that starvation was a real issue.  

We have a dialogue that makes it clear that the starvation was indeed a real issue for them:

- "How are we going to fight against them? They're monsters"
- "We have no other option. without The Plains of the Moon, half of the people in Arthdal will starve to death."

And yes they were also greedy that's why they didn't stop after their victory but the reason they decided to start a war with a tribe much more powerful than them was not greed. Ragaz singlehandedly took out dozens of their warriors. A whole tribe of Neanthals would've wiped them out in like a week? Maybe less? And they were aware of it. that's why they first tried to make a deal and didn't want to fight them... because for them Neanthals were monsters and they were truly afraid of them.

16 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Let´s say the Neanthal accepted the offer. They would have used the land to empower themselves and the moment they got a chance to get rid of the Neanthal they would have done so.  

Agreed. But the starvation was a real issue for them. I've explained my point above.

16 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

If they attacked the neanthal  because of desperation to not starve then what is the excuse to attack the people of Wahan tribe? 

Greed. They made it clear in the meeting. This argument is only about the reason behind their first attack on Neanthals not their other invasions.

As I've said before I'm not trying to justify their actions or the genocide they committed. They are greedy and immoral and they will pay for it. But the issue of starvation was real and we have proof for it.

• Like 2

Maybe Aramun is an Igutu. and Tagon knew that Aramun is an igutu thats why he took the Igutu baby hoping that is Aramun. And my theory is what if in the end Eunsom and his brother will fight. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Quite curious if the synopsis about her is right and why did they choose if so,to reveal it and not make it a grand suprise...I would do so!

If true it's definitely one of the biggest twists of the story.

38 minutes ago, Zero Two said:

And my theory is what if in the end Eunsom and his brother will fight. 

The fight between brothers seems inevitable unfortunately. :( 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zero Two said:

Maybe Aramun is an Igutu. and Tagon knew that Aramun is an igutu thats why he took the Igutu baby hoping that is Aramun. And my theory is what if in the end Eunsom and his brother will fight. 

This is drama land i guess it will happen and maybe the other brother will die and then they find out as hes dying etc..

That is typical k drama way. 

• Like 3

So I was right guys, Song Jong Ho is playing RAKNRUV,the other Neanthal we saw when they gathered that night,the one that might be Ragaz brother,so he might not be dead yeat(if so why bother casting him and showing him and even going to the party if it's for 3 sec cameo)...I'm also curious if Big Bro will be played by Jo Byun Kyoo(in here named Satnik)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Miky88 said:

So I was right guys, Song Jong Ho is playing RAKNRUV,the other Neanthal we saw when they gathered that night,the one that might be Ragaz brother,so he might not be dead yeat(if so why bother casting him and showing him and even going to the party if it's for 3 sec cameo)...I'm also curious if Big Bro will be played by Jo Byun Kyoo(in here named Satnik)

His Name in AsianWiki is different

aen56x9w.jpg 

• Like 1

Im hoping that not all of the  Neanthals were there and alot more survived so their race can continue. 

We know two kids survived but whether they are still alive who knows and would need a female to continue the race. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Im hoping that not all of the  Neanthals were there and alot more survived so their race can continue. 

We know two kids survived but whether they are still alive who knows and would need a female to continue the race. 

I can't wait to know whether Taealha is a Neanthal or not. I hope she is because that would make everything much more interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gumiho9 said:

I can't wait to know whether Taealha is a Neanthal or not. I hope she is because that would make everything much more interesting.

While it would be interesting i dont think she will be a good character and will just be after power.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

His Name in AsianWiki is different

Got the name from the Netflix subtitles so we'll have to wait and see,maybe he changed his name to fit in Arth but he is the one...I recognized him from the first minute i saw him in the first episode and even in the pic he has the lips colored

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

While it would be interesting i dont think she will get a good character and will just be after power.

Well we already know she is ambitious but if she is a Neanthal then maybe there is some ulterior motives for her pursuit of power.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I hope so too...it would be really sad if they were to go extinct :(

I wonder what the offspring of a Neanthal and an Igutu would be like.

@Miky88 I watched the negotation scene again and the one that they introduced as  Raknruv was the leader of the Neanthal tribe. 

• Like 4