Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Current Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Part 3 premieres on September 8th

Hello there everyone...

@marykarmelina thanks much for creating this thread.

Like everyone here, I am looking forward to this drama, sooo excited! :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Song Joong Ki warns a fierce adventure about identity, strength, & heroism in brand new 'Arthdal Chronicles' teaser

D6gyF8vU0AE117a.jpg

A brand new teaser for tvN's upcoming blockbuster drama 'Arthdal Chronicles' hints at a grand-scale adventure about identity, strength, and heroism. 

In the new teaser, the story's male hero Eunseom (played by Song Joong Ki) faces an identity struggle after being called "a monster's son". Constantly searching for answers to where he comes from and where he belongs, Eunseom can be seen taking on dangerous challenges after another, as he journeys across the fictional land of Arth. 

Finally, as the teaser comes to an end, Eunseom promises the young Tanya (played by Kim Ji Won), "I'll come rescue you again. Stay alive!"

The epic adventures of tvN's 'Arthdal Chronicles', also starring Jang Dong Gun, Kim Ok Bin, Choo Ja Hyun, Jo Sung Ha, and more, premieres this June 1 at 9 PM KST. 

Source: https://www.allkpop.com/video/2019/05/song-joong-ki-warns-a-fierce-adventure-about-identity-strength-heroism-in-brand-new-arthdal-chronicles-teaser

• Like 5

Song Joong Ki Talks About What Made Him Want To Star In “Arthdal Chronicles”

D6gyF8tUcAAtQ1Z.jpg

Ahead of the upcoming premiere of “Arthdal Chronicles” on June 1, Song Joong Ki shared his thoughts on deciding to participate after falling for the show’s mysterious charm.

“Arthdal Chronicles” is tvN’s new Saturday-Sunday drama about the people in the mythical city of Arthdal and how they fatefully become heroes after writing new legends.

Song Joong Ki will play the role of Eun Seom, the son of Asahon (played by Chu Ja Hyun) and a member of the Wahan clan, which Tan Ya (played by Kim Ji Won) is a successor of. Although born between his human mother and a neanderthal, Eun Seom lives among those of the Wahan Tribe. However, given his unique face, skills, and personality, he becomes an outsider. Eun Seom’s secretive identity brings even more mystery to the drama.

In regards to his first reaction to the drama, Song Joong Ki shared, “I remember when the director and writer explained the overall feel of this drama to me before I received the script. The first feeling I got was that it is a fun historical story. It was a similar mysterious feeling to the first time I saw Greek and Roman mythology when I was a child.”

The actor added, “I found the general narrative of the story to be very interesting and was surprised that each character has their own storyline and color.” He also said that his character was one of the biggest reasons for choosing this drama, sharing, “As the character with the most growth and maturation, I related a lot to how Eun Seom thought a lot about his identity. Although he is hurt often, he does not give up and works hard to find his path in life. I became greedy in wanting to portray the pain and innocence that Eun Seom has.”

He also spoke about the diverse charms of both his character and the drama storyline, saying, “While the era is different, this plot is still about how people live, as the various emotions humans experience such as greed, ambition, and instincts remain the same. The things we obviously cherish now may appear sacred and surreal for that, but I focused on portraying the primitive and basic aspects of life.”

Lastly, Song Joong Ki stated, “I think it will be good if viewers can feel at least a bit the lives of the various nations, languages and generations that ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ draws out. I believe many people will be able to relate to the growth Eun Seom experiences as he attempts to protect himself and those important to him.”

The production team commented regarding the actor, “Through the character of Eun Seom, Song Joong Ki was able to portray the vitality of a new generation with this magnificent storyline. Please look forward to Song Joong Ki’s incredible transformation into Arthdal’s stranger Eun Seom who holds a fateful secret.”

“Arthdal Chronicles” is set to premiere on Saturday, June 1 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1324571wpp/song-joong-ki-talks-about-what-made-him-want-to-star-in-arthdal-chronicles

• Like 6
  • Love 1

“Arthdal Chronicles” Reveals Breathtaking Main Poster Featuring 12 Characters

tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles” has released its main poster!

The new weekend drama “Arthdal Chronicles” will weave an exciting tale of heroes who create their own legends in the ancient land called Arth. Song Joong Ki will play Eun Seom, the son of the noblewoman Asahon (Choo Ja Hyun) and a member of the Wahan tribe, and Kim Ji Won will play Tan Ya, the guardian and shaman of the Wahan tribe.

With its magnificent scale, star-studded lineup, and dramatic teasers, the show has already become a hot issue among viewers. In the midst of all the excitement, tvN has released a 12-member main poster for the first part of the exciting chronicle.

In the poster, each of the 12 characters show off their individuality and unique personalities. In the center are Jang Dong Gun and Song Joong Ki who are captivating the audience with their intense aura. As the character Ta Gon, a warrior who dreams of conquering Arthdal for his own, Jang Dong Gun poses dramatically for the poster with his intense gaze. Meanwhile, Song Joong Ki also attracts the audience with his mystical vibe through his transformation into a member of the Wahan tribe.

Furthermore, Kim Ji Won, who will be playing Tan Ya, the successor of the Wahan clan, is also dressed in a similar style as Song Joong Ki with a wreath on her head, paintings on her face, and an interesting expression. On the other hand, Taeilha, played by Kim Ok Bin, left a strong impression with her keen gaze as the ambitious daughter of a tribal leader.

Arthdal-Chronicles-1.jpg

Along with the subtitle “Part 1: Children of the Prophecy,” the talented actors in the poster foreshadow the intense battle that will take place for control over Arth.

Kim Eui Sung will be playing San Woong, Ta Gon’s father and the head of Arthdal’s federation, while Jo Sung Ha will be playing Mi Hol, Taeilha’s father and the head of their tribe. Charismatic Lee Do Kyung has also piqued curiosity with a hidden secret by taking on the role of Asalon, the tribal member in charge of offerings and rituals. Park Hae Joon as Moo Baek, Park Byung Eun as Dan Byuk, and Shin Joo Hwan as Dal Sae are also shown in the poster with serious expressions. Finally, Yoo Tae Oh as Ragaz and Choo Ja Hyun as Asahon contrast each other with their heavy darkness and brightness.

The production staff said, “‘Arthdal Chronicles’ worked hard to portray the ancient people’s lives, desires, and ambitions with intensity. Please look forward to ‘Arthdal Chronicles,’ which will tell the fateful and twisted story of the diverse characters.”

tvN’s new fantasy drama is set to premiere on June 1 at 9 p.m. KST. Watch the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1325789wpp/arthdal-chronicles-reveals-breathtaking-main-poster-featuring-12-characters

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2019 at 7:01 AM, kimino said:

On 5/14/2019 at 1:01 PM, kimino said:

new still cuts:

jang donggun as tagon.

Reveal hidden contents

Uhgggg so handsome!! I'm bewitched!!

Edited by Jillia
Pls don’t quote images . Thanks
  • Like 1