[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

5 hours ago, aren_117 said:

@Chocola25: I am not really sure but they said it is because they need time to work with all the effects. I hope that the hype wont die during the 2 month hiatus. September is too far away. :(

Yeah,  that’s too Iong. This drama has many details in the story. I am afraid we forgot the details or lose the hype.

I think, they should finish the work of all episode first, then airing. Not half work like this.

They made it part away like this is very strange and annoying (to waiting in long time)

• Like 2

Here's a theory. I feel like the civilization that the Hae tribe is connected to could be similar to Rome and Greece, or was based off of these civilizations.

1. For example, Greece had a bronze period and the Hae tribe is the only ones in Arthdal with bronze weaponry knowledge. 

2. Taelha dresses quite differently from the rest of Arthdal. Her dresses are very similar to Greek and Roman fashion. 

3. The Hae Tribe fortress of fire- everything from the banners and candles to the wall statues reminded me of a medieval castle, or perhaps a Roman one. 

4. Mihol referred to "Remus"- well in history, Remus was one of the mythological founders of Rome alongside his twin brother Romulus. 

lololol ofc, with Arthdal being a mythical civilization, the Hae tribe origins could be entirely different. 

Nunbyeol x Yiseuroobeu <3

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Tanya, I'm coming for you....

Eunseom, I'm coming for you...

Okay, whew...the ending was intricately done 11-6.gif. I've gotta say, when ES and the rest are slowly being lifted up from that place, I was on the edge of my seat thinking, "will they be able to successfully escape...or not?" And when Tanya was about to start dancing, my heart is literally pounding :D. Just an absolutely, perfect way to end S2. When Tanya was dancing and recalling her mother's teachings, and then everything that's been taught to her without any explanations and how they all connected together of her finding the bell gave me goosebumps. The prediction and the prophecy is so detailed that I kinda feel sorry for her as well because it's like her life was already predetermined. It's kinda sad.

I was hoping Sateunik will survive but...yeah, he didn't. Wish he'll be able to see the sea wherever he is now. So, the mention of Olmadae of White Mountain Tribe, Badoru of Kaeran Tribe, Chanaragi of Mulgil Tribe, Ipsaeng of the Ago Tribe, and Sateunik's tribe, Momo. They all represent their tribes who will become Eunseom's ally, the representative of the most beautiful tribe, Wahan funnygifsbox.com_2016-07-01_16-02-54.gif

I kinda of like that simple moment between the Daekan forces when they were gossiping about Tagon's son and who the mother is...ha ha...finally, I smiled a little while watching this drama because I swear, I remember only crying most of the time...lol.

16 hours ago, aren_117 said:

@herina_90 , Maybe because her father severed her powers? Maybe that's why she doesn't have blue eyes and she is also weak. 

Yup, that's quite a mystery why her eyes don't look blue normally. But we did see her blue eyes on Episode 12, guess she can just show it whenever she wants to.

16 hours ago, Lukijong said:

Next season will mainly be about Eun Seom and he is on his way to becoming the Sword that slays the world, hypeee! I'm also interested in what role the new female character in the preview will play in the final season, she seems to be a general of an army. And when will the other Neanthal kid that Ragaz and Asa Hon raised appear anyway?

Yeah, so as someone mentioned it, I'm pretty sure she is Sateunik's wife of the Momo Tribe, played by the Japanese actress/model, Karata Erika. Since she said, "We must repay his kindness". I believe they will meet and ES might tell her about her husband and all...and yup, another ally. So since Sateunik died, she will be the representative of the Momo Tribe. Thus, she'll return the favor.

13 hours ago, nikir said:

And I think Nunbyeol will eventialy go with Rottip. Yeseoroboo is too old for her! Seies may end with Neanthals leaving Saram to go live peacefully wherever they want

Yes, the lady in preview is Satanic's wife and now ES has an army to help him!! I think the preview is for Ep 13 and 14 , so hopefully it will move fast!! 

Too many questions!! And to wait till September for it!! Not fair!! 

PS: When will Mugwang finally die ..Tanya predicted him dying twice and he is yet to die lol:D

Ha ha..I was thinking the same, why would Yiseuroobeu say, "I want you to join us and find yourself a decent young man, although you might not find them so attractive" when we have a fine, decent young man *cough cough* Rottip who's standing there funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-24_19-40-10.gif ...and also the other kid who was with him with Asa Hon, who we yet to see, I bet he'll be a fine young man as well :P. And yes, I thought I'll be able to see the death of Mugwang but...okay, guess not...lol. I also wanted him to witness Tanya being the descendant as true before he does^^...I would feel sorry for Mubaek tho if he died, because I think he's the only family he's got. However, I'm anticipating when Mugwang finally hears those words, "You're too late", because that will be his end.

@herina_90 agree with you there, that Tanya and ES have the biggest character development. I thought Taelha would be more of the villain type who trusts no one, but I was wrong. She and Tagon are just the same, tho I'm not a fan of their characters, am glad to see them back each other up, atleast at the end of everything, they have each other.

@stella77 @Anh Nguyen Roff  Five Neanthals, so we have Nunbyeol, Rottip, Yiseuroobeu, the other kid who was with Rottip, and then an unknown one. Two new characters yet to be revealed on S3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also very curious as to what will Mubaek do now, Tanya is already out in the open, and he is yet to find ES. Was trying to reveal Tanya as the direct descendant his plan as well?....hmmm...

And btw, when Yiseuroobeu asked Rottip, "Aren't you angry at the Sarams?", I love how his answer basically shows how Asa Hon might have influenced his thinking of the Sarams. 

I'm really excited to see how Yiseuroobeu and Rottip will meet ES, I really want them to meet badly, along with all the Neanthals, how it will be revealed to both ES and SY that they are twins.

I feel like ES and TY will have a happy ending..they've been separated for too long (too many episodes), and like their reunion, along with conquering Arthdal, will be the end of it all. Normally in a historical drama, the main leads are always together for half the duration of the drama and then separated or lets go of one another for their own sakes...but here, we barely even see them together...only for a couple of episodes together, and then separated for the rest of the two Seasons....and yet despite that, the desire to meet each other again is what actually drives them to live and/or drives the plot as well.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I was hoping Sateunik will survive but...yeah, he didn't. Wish he'll be able to see the sea wherever he is now. So, the mention of Olmadae of White Mountain Tribe, Badoru of Kaeran Tribe, Chanaragi of Mulgil Tribe, Ipsaeng of the Ago Tribe, and Sateunik's tribe, Momo. They all represent their tribes who will become Eunseom's ally, the representative of the most beautiful tribe, Wahan 

One thing I noticed from ep 12 was that Mubaek is also from the Mulgil Tribe. Tagon mentioned it during the sacred trial. I wonder if that will have any significance later on when EunSeom + supporters return to Arthdal since it was actually brought up. Maybe Sanung saved him from the life in the mines?

It might just be me, but I actually thought the Neanthals' story might have ended when they walked off without NunByeol. Maybe they might return right at the end of Part 3 if she decides to go with them to rebuild the bloodline, but it felt as if they were in Arthdal to look for her, the last female Neanthal alive, and not the twins (because I can't imagine yet why they would want to involve themselves in the war of the Sarams), because they wanted to see if there was a hope of growing the Neanthal family. And the conversation of Rottip and Yiseuroobi, felt like the lines you say as you walk away in an end of movie scene. 

Random theory to throw out there - what if Satenik's wife is an Igutu too? He didnt show the aversion to the purple blood from the start, and it looked like there was a scene where ES was wrapping her arm in the preview too. I think it would be a nice contrast actually, to have a civilization outside of the Union where the Igutu are not feared but respected. Maybe ES can embrace his background more by meeting her - so there's more of a story instead of just meeting someone's wife to get an army behind him?

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, herina_90 said:

One thing I noticed from ep 12 was that Mubaek is also from the Mulgil Tribe. Tagon mentioned it during the sacred trial. I wonder if that will have any significance later on when EunSeom + supporters return to Arthdal since it was actually brought up. Maybe Sanung saved him from the life in the mines?

It might just be me, but I actually thought the Neanthals' story might have ended when they walked off without NunByeol. Maybe they might return right at the end of Part 3 if she decides to go with them to rebuild the bloodline, but it felt as if they were in Arthdal to look for her, the last female Neanthal alive, and not the twins (because I can't imagine yet why they would want to involve themselves in the war of the Sarams), because they wanted to see if there was a hope of growing the Neanthal family. And the conversation of Rottip and Yiseuroobi, felt like the lines you say as you walk away in an end of movie scene. 

Random theory to throw out there - what if Satenik's wife is an Igutu too? He didnt show the aversion to the purple blood from the start, and it looked like there was a scene where ES was wrapping her arm in the preview too. I think it would be a nice contrast actually, to have a civilization outside of the Union where the Igutu are not feared but respected. Maybe ES can embrace his background more by meeting her - so there's more of a story instead of just meeting someone's wife to get an army behind him?

Regarding Mubaek, you are right, I didn't notice it before and I had to watch again where Tagon mentioned Mubaek is of Mulgil Tribe. This is the very first time we'll be hearing the tribe he actually belongs to. He did mention to Mugwang that they owe their life to the former Sanung so, yeah, he could have probably saved them, perhaps, from slavery. Pretty sure that will come in handy later on, I know the writer isn't just throwing it out there without any reason, since every detail, every word that has been uttered are all connected together.

About the Neanthals, you know what, I kinda had that feeling also that we may never see them again...however, I don't think that the purpose of their reappearance is merely just finding a female Neanthal for them to reproduce? I mean, that would be meaningless and kind of a waste, don't you think, esp. now that we know there are still some of them out there? Of course, I also know they won't probably join the war of the Sarams, since they would be the very last creature who would want to be involved with them, unless they had a reason to or if it involves Neanthals. I just think that we'll probably be able to see Neanthals, Igutus and Sarams coexist at the end. And I just wanna see them meet ES...lol...or be of help to him in any way :P

ES meeting other Igutus who are respected and not feared would be nice, since all he knows is that Igutus are considered lower than animals. That would be one way for him to understand and as you say, fully embrace his "Igutuness", if that's even a word :D, while we all know in contrast that Saya is very much proud of his blood, and him trying to prove and wanna to show it to the world to Tagon says it all.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 8

just watched episode 12.. so that is Tagon's purpose why he got the baby Igutu Saya.. to be his ally he knows Igutu's are above the Sarams in terms of intelligence and strength so he let Saya to read everything so he can be useful handy man adviser to Tagon...

I really like Tagon and Taelha ,.. can they not be the main antagonist of this series? but just a victims of love ... lols

Why is Mubaek with the crowd outside?

• Like 7

Gotta give it up for this drama which pulled me out of a year-long k-drama slump lol what to say about such a good drama. Okay at first, I admit I wasn't too fond about the first episode, but still I kept watching and without realizing it I found myself looking forward to next weekend after episode two aired. I wanted to know what would happen to the wahan people and how eunseom would rescue them. Also, I looked forward to seeing tanya grow stronger individually and become an important figure in arthdal because rarely do we get to see a female lead who's in a position of power.

Now, I was and still am disappointed by the slow pace. I was hoping to see eunseom and tanya reunited before the end of part two. Also, just like many others here I love the solid relationship that exists between tagon and tae al-ha, and judging from the preview we'll get to see more moments between these two.  Now, I'm not complaining, but at this point I'm kind of sick of tagon and tae al-ha because most of the screen time has been dedicated to them. The writer did a good job at developing them as these grey characters, none of them are necessarily as bad as we first thought, they're just victims of their circumstances. This includes Saya who isn't all that bad, but neither is he good. I'm really looking forward to seeing his reaction when he and eunseom meet. Will he hold resentment toward tanya for lying to him? Will he accept or reject eunseom? Personally, I would love it if he, eunseom and tanya work together but not sure what the chances are of that happening, considering they're both infatuated with tanya. I guess something big will have to occur for them to join hands. Either way, I don't think both of them will make it out alive, my prediction being that Saya will most likely die at the end.

Hopefully, part three will have more than 6 episodes? I don't know how they're going to wrap everything up with so little time left: eunseom still needs to defeat tagon and conquer arthdal, saya and eunseom still don't know of each other's existence, what's the backstory of the hae tribe that mihol mentioned? will more people find out that tagon and saya are igutus? will the saram accept eunseom despite him being an igutu, since igutus are regarded as monsters? when will everyone else aside from mubaek find out that eunseom is aramun haesulla? Not to mention, that episode 13 and 14 will be about him gaining supporters which leaves four more episodes for eunseom to return to arthdal :/ it would have been better if they made this a 24 episode drama.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Bleepsies said:

@naori87Manteiv is the place where Yiseuroobeu told Nunbyeol to meet him if she wants to one day. Manteiv is also where the Neanderthals were massacred by the Saram.

I can't waiiiitttt.. How come all the Neanthals is good looking :joy:

• LOL 2

When Tanya dance in The Great Shine gave me a goosebumps! Eps 11-12 are the best episodes so far :thumbsup:

My fave scene from eps 12 when Tanya and Taelha give codes to each other. I love Taelha's character. Although she's bad person but I love her conviction and her confidence

• Like 4

On 7/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, Lukijong said:

Next season will mainly be about Eun Seom and he is on his way to becoming the Sword that slays the world, hypeee! I'm also interested in what role the new female character in the preview will play in the final season, she seems to be a general of an army. And when will the other Neanthal kid that Ragaz and Asa Hon raised appear anyway?

I suspect she is from Momo Tribe, the one that Santenic said to return favour, his wife or something. I dunno how I can wait till September, its killing me, am so angry hahahha

On 7/8/2019 at 7:59 AM, LightFurie111 said:

I don't know why they cut this scene from the part 3 trailer for international viewers but it looks like Tanya was crying, poor girl can't catch a break huh. She's at the peak of power but I guess she feels like she's imprisoned in a fancy birdcage and can't go to find Eunseom

He seems to be so happy to see her while she is worried or sad about something else.......Relationship is nt mutual here. I feel sad for him, always locked up and the only person he liked/loved killed by the "mother" who brought him up. He said Tanya was complicated when she was upset with him for killing the Priest. Isn't he complicated too? Can see he loved/liked her alot that he cant tink straight when he cant find her at the treehouse. 

Next Epi would be Mihol n Asa Ron trying to rid of Tago n Taelha since Tanya cannot be gotten rid of? I cannot wait!!! 2 mths is terrible

On 7/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, aren_117 said:

Heol, I just finished episode 11 last night and am yet to watch episode 12. WHAT AM I DOING HERE? I am very thirsty for spoilers hahaha

Episode 11 is so good but slow, I need more Saya and Tanya interactions though. :D 

I am happy also that finally Eunsoom's storyline is developing.

Am I bad if this scene made my heart flutter? I mean poor Tanya but I ship them! LOL

They really showed a lot of interactions between Saya and Tanya and that made viewers become invested in their relationship and I am one of those. I feel bad for Saya because of his unrequited love and I also feel bad for Tanya because of her situation.

I am very frustrated with how slow they make Eunsoom's storyline. I mean if they will make a lot of episodes,I can understand but only 6 episodes left! :( 

EUNSOOM YOU NEED TO STEP UP YOUR GAME! 

Well, I just hope that they will not rush the ending.

@nikir Poor Saya. It will be very heartbreaking for him :(

Very sad, no one loves Saya, not his foster parents, not the woman he loved.......poor boy

15 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Ahhhh i didn't think of that - I guess I never associated love for the sea with strong army haha... 

And yes I think the kid casting for all the characters were awesome! Nunbyeol's young counterpart was so cute and pretty! Kid EunSeom/Saya was also a great match.

I think the theory on Tagon's mother is very likely, but Tagon will never get to meet her (since NunByeol is the only female Neanthal left)...

It was in the preview for the Netflix episode though! Yes she looks miserable really - maybe crying about what she was announcing of tearing limbs apart before? I wonder end of season 3 - will we see a Tanya who has let go of her role as one with the "highest honour" or will she continue using her new position for the people's good?

I want to see his reaction when he learns Tanya is the High Priest now first :w00t:

I think the Asa clan will struggle to be alive cos they are the fake spiritual leader now that the true one has appear. They have to be in turn  have their feet chopped off n walk on all 4s.....

Edited by triplem
Merged consecutive posts & removed quoted image .
  • Like 3

I can't decide if I like ES more or SY cause SY because his character is so much more intriguing than the simple ES. Somehow  I am feeling the SY TY (more like lover) more than the TY ES (they seem more like friends)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, naori87 said:

I can't decide if I like ES more or SY cause SY because his character is so much more intriguing than the simple ES. Somehow  I am feeling the SY TY (more like lover) more than the TY ES (they seem more like friends)

After this episode, I think I prefer Eunseom's mindset, his free spirit and his kind heart. I like how he keeps trying even when he dreamt about TY regretting meeting him. I just like him and when he smile he looks so innocent, I missed that smile of his. Saya is a complex character and it's great but I prefer his brother. Can we just appreciate how SJK made them SO different ? And I can't wait about that damn reunion with TY !!

Like all of you said, Sept is reaaaaally far away

• Like 6

I just finished episode 12 last night and only one word can describe it: DAEBAKK!

Wow! I replayed Tanya’s dance over and over again because I just can’t get over it. And the Preview! Wow! Finally a CLEAN EUNSOOM! I am so excited for his journey as the conqueror of Arthdal. Him as a leader made me so happy. I just realized that we haven’t seen a genuine smile coming from a clean Eunsoom for a while and his triumphant grin made my heart flutter a lot. And Tanya! She’s so stunning and beautiful as the high priest! You go girl!!

I still have conflicting feelings about Saya. I mean he’s a monster who doesn’t hesitate torturing and killing people but I couldn’t find it in me to hate him. Maybe because he has the face of Joongki? LOL. Instead of hate, I truly feel sorry for him (and scared too). He seems to really genuinely care for Tanya and acts like a spoiled little kid because he doesnt know how to interact with other people. His father figure is a mass murderer and his mother-figure killed his lover. Those situations can truly twist the screws of any person’s head. He only has his books to guide him since he was a child and I think most of these books are strategies for war which of course normalize murders and killings. Tanya is somewhat his savior and her new mother-figure.

I just hope that when Saya finds out about Eunsoom, he would not go psycho on him and Tanya. I hope that he will not be obsessed with her. I really don’t want Saya to be THE villain of this series. His relationship with Tanya really grew on me but I accept that the two are never meant to be together. He is never healthy for her. I also think that they are going to cook a sad ending for Saya. Poor boy.

Anyways, I am very excited for the third season. I am still wondering what the significance of Saya being the mirror is. Is he the mirror because he is Eunsoom’s twin? Also, I felt like Tanya and Eunsoom will become enemies unknowingly. In the preview, Tanya gave orders to punish some people. I’m thinking that she’s pertaining to Eunsoom’s men. Angst aside, I am really looking forward to LEADER EUNSOOM. I also can’t wait for the time when the twins will see each other and TANYA-EUNSOOOM reunion! That would be epic!

September is very far away but I will patiently wait for the comeback of our awesome heroes!

• Like 9

how fittingly that Eunsom destiny is not just to save the Wahan tribe.. but several tribes! :)

as of Saya I really do not know his purpose tho, maybe to create chaos :)... create a chaos in order to have order. Yin and Yang.

I am intrigued with Remus... who is he? was he not the great father? I remember Remus was a good strategist, that one of it's general is one of Saya's idol..  hope we can have his back story. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, firipy said:

He seems to be so happy to see her while she is worried or sad about something else.......Relationship is nt mutual here. I feel sad for him, always locked up and the only person he liked/loved killed by the "mother" who brought him up. He said Tanya was complicated when she was upset with him for killing the Priest. Isn't he complicated too? 

@firipy : Your opinion is on point! This is definitely what I was thinking about Tanya and Saya. <3

4 hours ago, firipy said:

Can see he loved/liked her alot that he cant tink straight when he cant find her at the treehouse. 

This scene made me really feel for Saya. Although I know that Tanya was safe but how he reacted made me anxious about Tanya. I replayed his scene with Tagon a lot too just to see how he is very worried. I replayed that scene to confirm that he still has a heart even though he is very cruel. It's one of my favorite scenes in episode 12.

3 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

I did understand why Tanya said I am coming for you for Eun Seom.. but I did not understand why Eun Seom said he is coming for tanya... i wonder whether it is revenge or something for Tanya... !!!! maybe you people can tell me that...

@LSGLMH_88 , I think Eunsoom is  thinking that Tanya is still imprisoned in Arthdal. He doesnt know that she became the high priest. When he said that he's coming for Tanya, I believe that he wanted to rescue her. He still loves her and thre's no reason that he will abandon her. 

2 hours ago, naori87 said:

@naori87 I do have the same opinion as you. However, when i saw the last scene of episode 12, I also felt the love radiating from Tanya and Eunsoom. It's the first time in the two seasons that made me see them as lovers (though they're not). And besides, no matter how I root for Saya, I really have this feeling that he will not get THE happy ending. I will be satisfied if Tanya will just care for him a little bit and not see him as a useful tool. Anyways, let's hope that Saya will not be full psycho on Tanya and Eunsoom when he finds out the truth. 

With that said, I love them both equally and it's not because they are both played by Joong Ki. Both of the characters are endearing in their own ways. <3

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LSGLMH_88 said:

guys , i just love love love this drama.... my posts were long pending since i did not get time to post here....

first point - Song Joong ki as Eun Seom & Saya... like seriously , he is making me fall in love with him all over again... he seriously deserves to be hallyu star....regardless all those divorce hullabu.. his acting is upto the mark...

Second point is - Direction... the way Tanya Remembered her mother's teaching and gradually put everything at place...it was so well written..I literally had goose bumps.. and also the way they showed Eun Seom's rise from mine and Tanya becoming most powerful person in arthdal... it was so so so damn well written...

Honestly i kinda fast forwarded Eun Seom's scenes...because those were way too heart breaking... I did understand why Tanya said I am coming for you for Eun Seom.. but I did not understand why Eun Seom said he is coming for tanya... i wonder whether it is revenge or something for Tanya... !!!! maybe you people can tell me that...

next is Taelha - well she is manupulative but I just don't know why I find her really adorable though... and i also love the fact that Taelha & Tagon really love each other...i love taelha's confidence...

I can keep go on and on but I will put a full stop in my trains of thoughts... :D 

I think I m crazy or something, I went to watch the show from beginning again as I abandon the show at epi 3/4 as there was so much killing and all. Poor Tanya kept getting dragged by the neck or by the legs or whatever & Eun Seom kept running n riding horse etc. There wasn't much to look forward to but I picked up the show again and really glad I did n was hooked to it. I was very excited when more twists came up like Tagon is a Igutu, Mubeak letting Eun Seom go etc and Saya's appearance.

I think Tanya and Eun Seom said that they are coming for each other meant saving one another. Tanya wanna use her new status with power to let him back while Eun Seom is trying to save all his new friends and make his way back to Arth. My own understanding. My heart thumping so fast when I was watching epi 12......wonder how she can find the star bell cos kinda make me worried, confused and excited when Taelha n her were pretending to argue abt whether Tanya knows or dunno how to find the Star bell. I am trying to understand how the 3 of them fits the phropecy......something abt bell, mirror n sword. Think 3 of them will bring down the old union n bring out a new world.

Some kind of weird plot would be Eun Seom with Chaesun n Saya with Tanya, cos of the duties they have to sacrifice their love in place of their love for mankind/ watever u call it. Tanya prolly mite have feelings for Saya which she is unaware of. She got this longing yet confused look whenever she looks at Saya. Maybe because of the lies she told about her dream where she is told to protect him etc. 

The people where Tanya said to kill would be those ppl who question her identity as the direct blood line of Asa Sin and those who wants to rid of her. Since she is now Tagon Ally, she needs to help put these fake ppl to die.

Tagon n Taelha are meant for each other, they understand each other so well! I felt so sad when Tagon had to marry Asa Mot.....Her father is so so so terrible, wanna put his daugher's life at risk. Sending her as a spy n a tool to seduce both father (Sanung) n son (Tagon) but I dun understand y she must kill Seanare.....its cos Saya wanna escape.

• Like 6