Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Current Drama 2019] Arthdal Chronicles, 아스달 연대기 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Part 3 premieres on September 8th

22 hours ago, MrEildriz said:

According to the post, here's what happened

OMOO I hope everyone, the casts and the crews will be able to conclude the drama safely and healthy. With all the casts and crews dedication to this project, I hope the drama will go well.

• Like 1

I have seen the pictures of Jang Dong-gun in the set and his clothes were completely different than other saguek dramas. It was a lot more primitive. I think this drama has a lot of fantasy elements and is only loosely based on history. This gives the vibe of Lord of the Rings and Game of thrones and if it is even half as good as them, oh boy, it's gonna be popular. Eagerly waiting for this.

• Like 1

In some unhappy news, Studio Dragon is being accused of making the staff work up to 151 hours, over a period of seven days, without a holiday or rest time. Even one of the workers suffered from a fracture. I really hope they treat their workers fairly. 

http://www.mediatoday.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=147770

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2019/04/220100/

• Sad 1

On 4/11/2019 at 1:53 AM, Taebinie249 said:

In some unhappy news, Studio Dragon is being accused of making the staff work up to 151 hours, over a period of seven days, without a holiday or rest time.

Horror ... How is it possible ??? In Korea, indeed, they treat people as slaves ... :fearful:It's a pity for ordinary workers who work on a drama ...
But still, I hope that the dorama will be in order and will be released on time!

On 3/26/2019 at 5:28 AM, marykarmelina said:

NEW ENGLISH TITLE CONFIRMED

Arthdal Chronicles

I wonder why they decided to rename the drama like this ???:blink:

Unfortunately, crappy working conditions aren't anything new. Hope studio dragon gets their richard simmons together and starts treating their staff decently. 

AND I HATE THE NEW ENGLISH TITLE. Like what kind of funny romanization is that? So jarring since it's pronounced aseudal in korean, was called asadal in english, and then changed to arthdal? lol. I don't even... 

Negativity aside, kim young hyun drama at long last! And song joong ki in a kim young hyun sageuk! I am still convinced his role as young sejong in TWDR was his best performance yet. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Finally!!! :wub:

Finally... A Teaser! :D Even just a teaser excites me.

This looks more like a movie rather than a drama. :scream: can't wait! Joong Ki, I almost didn't recognize you here. hahaha. He always like a flower boy type for me, but here, OMG, :thumbsup: and Kim Ji Won :heart::wub:

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, annie1234 said:

Finally... A Teaser! :D Even just a teaser excites me.

This looks more like a movie rather than a drama. :scream: can't wait! Joong Ki, I almost didn't recognize you here. hahaha. He always like a flower boy type for me, but here, OMG, :thumbsup: and Kim Ji Won :heart::wub:

Ha ha..I was going through my IG when suddenly a post from TVN popped. Me too, soo excited, glad we finally get to see a teaser. I actually didn't recognize him as well, for a moment there, I thought he was Yamashita Tomohisa because of the hair in the pic :D. I wonder when can we see this drama.

• Like 1

Finally a trailer. I was wondering when one will come out given that the drama is coming out next month. I’m getting more excited as time passes. Fantasy historical is my favorite genre, plus the King’s Four Gods which I think this drama has the same time period as is one of my all time favorite k-dramas. 

ETA: Song Joongki still has his beautiful baby face.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, choco milo said:

Finally a trailer. I was wondering when one will come out given that the drama is coming out next month. I’m getting more excited as time passes. Fantasy historical is my favorite genre, plus the King’s Four Gods which I think this drama has the same time period as is one of my all time favorite k-dramas.

Oh wait, this is coming next month? I thought this will be aired in the latter part of 2019.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh wait, this is coming next month? I thought this will be aired in the latter part of 2019.

It will air on June 01. 2019

Edited by MrEildriz
Formatting
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MrEildriz said:

It will air on June 01. 2019

Wow, I didn’t even notice that they delayed it until June. More waiting. :tears:

• Like 1

What a great teaser! Drama will win the hearts of many people! I was subdued and impressed ... And in general there is no feeling that this is a Korean series. More like an American movie about old times. Waiting with bated breath!:w00t::wub:

• Like 1

Question: So there is going to be a big love triangle in the series? According to wikipedia descriptions? 

5 hours ago, fitzsimmons said:

Question: So there is going to be a big love triangle in the series? According to wikipedia descriptions? 

I’m guess the plot will be like some of the older historical dramas. I won’t name any names for spoiler reasons but in historical dramas that came out in the 2000s lots of the time the male lead ended up marrying the second female lead. I think this will happen here too, cause the description for Kim Okbin calls her the first Empress of Asadal and Song Joong-ki is the one who makes it an empire.