[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

This mystery left me questions after the first episode was airing.. they wipe out all the Neanthals and i was wondering what happen to these two kids.. Rottip and the other kid suddenly missing after Asa Hon flew to IARK, she left them both.

tumblr_ptw5jqWL0g1u2dd0eo1_r1_1280.jpg

After episode 9 questions has now been answered.

Both of them are alive and kicking... hahaha

The Rise of the Neanthals are now ready to fight some Arth-Union's 

Asa Ron's scheme will now become real and everyone in Arthdal will be in grave danger

tumblr_ptw5jqWL0g1u2dd0eo2_r1_500.gif

They both sense Saya.. or did they knew all along that he was Ragaz's child???

So many revelations happening in just one episode... I'm looking forward for the next one... 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

The original Asa clan line disappeared and the current Asa clan of Arthdal Asa Hon (mother of the Igutu)
and Asa Ron (head priest of White Mountain Tribe) are all from branch line relatives of the original founder.
Asa Sin 200 years earlier was the original Asa Clan woman who descent the Great Escarpment and whose gene lie with the Wahan tribe.

So Tanya is technically Asa Tanya!  God help Hae Tu-ak for punching her again and again!  That woman may be boiled by Taealha or Tagon, even though she is Taealha's confidant!    Strange how life goes, one moment you are top dog, next moment the mutt that everyone shoo and kick.

sorry to cut your post :) that makes a lot of sense. I understood it correctly then :D so, Asa Rin is the direct descendant of the Asa Clan (she may have been the Great White Wolf after all). This definitely means Tanya is an Asa and as Mubaek stated, she holds the true psychic powers of the Gods. Asa Hon is an indirect descendant but the mother of Eunseom who harbors the soul of Aramun. I am already seeing how powerful Tanya can become so I am excited to see how much more she will grow.

2 hours ago, rcalma said:

This mystery left me questions after the first episode was airing.. they wipe out all the Neanthals and i was wondering what happen to these two kids.. Rottip and the other kid suddenly missing after Asa Hon flew to IARK, she left them both.

After episode 9 questions has now been answered.

Both of them are alive and kicking... hahaha

The Rise of the Neanthals are now ready to fight some Arth-Union's 

Asa Ron's scheme will now become real and everyone in Arthdal will be in grave danger

So many revelations happening in just one episode... I'm looking forward for the next one... 

I am really excited to see the Neanthals back in action. I figured the tiger scene could not have been Asa Ron's doing. The blue blood looked too pure to be of another human's trick. I think they can definitely sense something is off with Saya however I don't think they know his identity. I think the moment they see him bleed purple then they will realize the identity. I am just hoping these two last survivors don't get killed off so easily! We need to see more of the power within Neanthals and why they were so feared. It was told to us and shown to us through Ragaz however due to the extinction, we didn't get to see it long enough.

4 hours ago, Moonlightsunline said:

After ep 9, we found out that Tanya is the lineal descendant of Asa Sin, while the others are just indirect and illegitimate/ bastard children. Tagon wants to overpower the Asa so he will need to use Tanya for his scheme. We just don't know for sure what Tagon gonna do? Is he gonna force Tanya to marry his son Saya or is Tagon gonna marry her for himself to secure his own power and get revenge on Asa Ron.

This is exactly what I am thinking. I don't think Tagon will give Tanya to Saya (since no one knows of his existence) so I am thinking Tagon will begin to use Tanya to his advantage. I don't know if they will go as far as marriage however I do think he may use the situation to manipulate her (such as her father and the Wahan tribe). 

---

I am actually really enjoying the Saya-Tanya scenes. But I feel horrible for Eunseom because he is in a situation where he has to grow stronger in order for him to wield the sword's power. Right now, he is trying to understand everything around him and his will to not give in to the ridicule of admitting his heritage as a sin. I love it that he holds onto tightly to his mother's and Tanya's name to him, for that is all he has left (as he stated). I think this season is going to show us just how these three will eventually grow to live up to their destined objects.

• Like 8

After watching episode 9 you learn some important things, such as:-

1. Wahan Tribe are the direct descendants of Asa Sin and Tanya is the successor of those powers. 
  2. There are a small group of persons who actually practice the faith that the Wahan tribe did including Saya
  3. Tanya's powers are just coming into being and is growing under the new changes, the fact that she heard Saya's prayers was interesting
  4. The Neathanals were not wiped out completely and its possible that Nunbyeol is Igutu, she's adopted into that family.  They had to disappear and it seem that they are looking for Eunseom
  5. The so called slave traders who calls themselves Saram are actually worse than those that they disparage.
  6. We now know Mubaek's aim which is to set things right for the clans.
  7. Dalsae has come a long way from the past, I think he along with Eunseom have grown in this adversity, they have never given up.  I like the fact that he is now protective of Eunseom which has to do with he seeing Eunseom's efforts in trying to save their people.  I am glad that Teodae died as he had lost it being the weakling that he is, reaching a breaking point.
  8. Its interesting how Tagon thinks to deceive Mubaek who is no longer fooled and has turn the tables around by fooling Tagon (being on his side).  Mubaek gave him key information in order to earn that trust.  With this information Tagon is happy as he now has a weapon to challenge Asa Ron and the tribe.
  9. Say what you will about Taelha, but I admire the fact that she is always by Tagon's side giving him strength when he needs it.  She is loyal to him in that respect which explains their relationship well, they know each other.
  10. Tagon's wife has disappeared, we saw her for less than 1 min in the previous episode and that's it.

A few persons called this episode boring but I completely disagree, its a must know episode with all the above and the fight with Asa Ron, Mihol and Tagon to name a few.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Gone for now.

Edited by chasen8888
Fixed # 9 change name from Tanya to Taelha
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rcalma said:

I think The Brunette Neanthal( the one that looks Older) is the Next Chief. If you watch Ep 1, you will notice that he was beside Ragaz. Also notice he has the same skin colour as Ragaz while Rottip looks Pale.

I'm sure that's Yiseuroobeu. Besides his character description says he's the Next Chief and a great Hunter (must be responsible for the death of that tiger).

However, I still think the second Kid saved was a girl.

I was excited to see them and I also think the Nweantals can sense their own blood or family. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, chasen8888 said:

Tagon's wife has disappeared, we saw her for less than 1 min in the previous episode and that's it.

Yeah I think it's strange that they haven't shown them together at all after the wedding. They are married now they interactions should be important.

I'm so glad that Neanthals are back. Can't wait for them to meet Saya and Eunseom. And we haven't seen the second Neanthal kid yet. Wonder where he/she is?

The political plot and the power struggle between Tagon and his allies and Asa clan is so interesting. Everything is leading up to Tagon getting rid of Asa Ron and taking over Arthdal at the end of the second part.

I think there will be another fight between YangCha and Moobaek and YangCha will finally overpower him. It seems like Eunseom will be the one who will kill Yangcha eventually.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chasen8888 said:

After watching episode 9 you learn some important things, such as:-

1. Wahan Tribe are the direct descendants of Asa Sin and Tanya is the successor of those powers. 
  2. There are a small group of persons who actually practice the faith that the Wahan tribe did including Saya
  3. Tanya's powers are just coming into being and is growing under the new changes, the fact that she heard Saya's prayers was interesting
  4. The Neathanals were not wiped out completely and its possible that Nunbyeol is Igutu, she's adopted into that family.  They had to disappear and it seem that they are looking for Eunseom
  5. The so called slave traders who calls themselves Saram are actually worse than those that they disparage.
  6. We now know Mubaek's aim which is to set things right for the clans.
  7. Dalsae has come a long way from the past, I think he along with Eunseom have grown in this adversity, they have never given up.  I like the fact that he is now protective of Eunseom which has to do with he seeing Eunseom's efforts in trying to save their people.  I am glad that Teodae died as he had lost it being the weakling that he is, reaching a breaking point.
  8. Its interesting how Tagon thinks to deceive Mubaek who is no longer fooled and has turn the tables around by fooling Tagon (being on his side).  Mubaek gave him key information in order to earn that trust.  With this information Tagon is happy as he now has a weapon to challenge Asa Ron and the tribe.
  9. Say what you will about Tanya, but I admire the fact that she is always by Tagon's side giving him strength when he needs it.  She is loyal to him in that respect which explains their relationship well, they know each other.
  10. Tagon's wife has disappeared, we saw her for less than 1 min in the previous episode and that's it.

A few persons called this episode boring but I completely disagree, its a must know episode with all the above and the fight with Asa Ron, Mihol and Tagon to name a few.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Gone for now.

I guess, you mean Taealha and not Tanya because the latter is so loyal to the Wahan and Eunseom.

For me, this was a surprising episode because I didn't expect Mubaek to be caught so early, on the other hand since Mubaek has been able to deceive him with this huge info, he is now off the hook. So I thought, Mubaek would try to rescue Eunseom immediately but it didn't happen. I guess, the two Neanthals could be the one who will rescue him. Mubaek needs to keep acting as Tagon's agent, while in reality he is a double agent.

Since Tanya is a direct descendant of Asa Rin, imagine the fear of the soldiers from Daehak forces who were cursed by Tanya. I see that Tanya will be the cause between the riff of Tagon, Saya and Taealha. In my opinion, Saya wants to become the new Aramun Haesulla that's why he is called the mirror. He believes that since he is the only igutu left (besides Tagon), he can use his father's position in order to claim that he is Aramun Haesulla. From my point of view, Saya has come to believe that he can only get freedom, if he is powerful. So his true dream is to become the future king as Aramun Haesulla. Aramun is supposed to be an igutu but as Tagon has been pretending to be a Saram, he could only act as if he had been possessed by Aramun's spirit and had become his voice. It is important that Saya doesn't know that Eunseom is an igutu because if so, he would question his origins. How come that there is another igutu? Wasn't Tagon supposed to have killed all of them?   

• Like 9

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I guess, you mean Taealha and not Tanya because the latter is so loyal to the Wahan and Eunseom.

For me, this was a surprising episode because I didn't expect Mubaek to be caught so early, on the other hand since Mubaek has been able to deceive him with this huge info, he is now off the hook. So I thought, Mubaek would try to rescue Eunseom immediately but it didn't happen. I guess, the two Neanthals could be the one who will rescue him. Mubaek needs to keep acting as Tagon's agent, while in reality he is a double agent.

Since Tanya is a direct descendant of Asa Rin, imagine the fear of the soldiers from Daehak forces who were cursed by Tanya. I see that Tanya will be the cause between the riff of Tagon, Saya and Taealha. In my opinion, Saya wants to become the new Aramun Haesulla that's why he is called the mirror. He believes that since he is the only igutu left (besides Tagon), he can use his father's position in order to claim that he is Aramun Haesulla. From my point of view, Saya has come to believe that he can only get freedom, if he is powerful. So his true dream is to become the future king as Aramun Haesulla. Aramun is supposed to be an igutu but as Tagon has been pretending to be a Saram, he could only act as if he had been possessed by Aramun's spirit and had become his voice. It is important that Saya doesn't know that Eunseom is an igutu because if so, he would question his origins. How come that there is another igutu? Wasn't Tagon supposed to have killed all of them?   

SAYA=

Yeah i think so too, And in my guess the only reason why Saya wants to be Aramun is to overpower Tagon. For all he thought he was his father with the same blood and the only Igutu's left, but i guess at the same time he might have the idea that Tagon wasn't his real father, the fact that he wants to dominate Tagon just for the reason he wants to be released from his possession. 

EUNSOOM=

Eunsoom's imprisonment will make him grow stronger, i laugh soo hard when Kanmoreu not saving and turning him down talking that EunSom is weak hahaha... I wonder if tonights episode we will get Kanmoreu into action and rescuing our Aramun from the prison. We all know that where Aramun is Kanmoreu is there.

TAEALHA=

One thing I'm wondering if Tagon will tell her about Tanya's true identity or will she be deceive by him. How is she going to react when she heard the news about Tanya as Asa Sin's direct descendants, she already feared her by knowing about Saenarae 

TAGON=

What kind of scheme will he make to use Tanya for his own advantage. I don't want the idea that he is going to marry Tanya for his sake. Saya and Taelha will definitely disagree with that. But the fact that he knew who holds the God's power will make him more powerful. 

MUBAEK=

Becoming the double agent is something to look forward to, he holds the key for the restoration of the Arthdal's Union to set things right about the neanthals extinction that was cause by Tagon's brutal tactic. By the help of Tagon which he thought to be on his side. He might use this chance to get more info, "It's a double pleasure to deceive the deceiver" And i want to see a scene where Mubaek and Tanya will have a chance to meet each other. Like we all said, lets connect the dots.

NWEANTAL=

The rise of nheantal will feared Saram, and chaos will happen, but the one thing im getting excited for their arrival is there encounter with the Igutu twins. Did they follow them individually while they grow up. Do they know who they(the twin) was? They were being hiatus for a long time. Did they prepared for an attack, now that they already inform Saram that their are survivors. I wonder they are the only survivors left?

THE NEW FOUND TRIBE=

I have no idea how will these tribe function, i saw Chae Eum (the one who help EunSoom) as being part of these tribe and the other girl. Will these tribe help the three heavenly objects EunSoom(Sword), Saya(Mirror), Tanya(Bell) ???

EP10 PREVIEW

• Like 6

Waaahhh.. this series just getting better and better!

Now we know that two Neanthal kids are alive and well. I wonder what do they up to in Arthdal.

The baby in yellow swaddle that Asa Hon saved, I wonder what happened to him/her....

Mubaek being a double agent is what I've been anticipating!

I hope he will never use the Byeoldaya he found for anything and gave it to Tanya somehow cos that will be the proof of Tanya being the direct descendant of great mother Asa Sin.

Never in my life ever thought Asa Ron will come up with this brilliant idea. It's fun to see Tagon being humiliated. Lol

By the way, what the hell ES is doing? In the preview, it looks like he will be saved either by Mubaek or the Neanthal Boys.

Saya is just getting prettier everyday! He looks more beautiful than Tealha. LOL

Also, I'm curious of Hae tribe history. We know things about Arthdal but not so much about them.

• Like 7

Loving this drama so far - I can't wait for Tanya to rise up and for Saya and Eunseom to meet each other. Pity that ES' side of the story is a bit slow for now, let's hope he escapes soon. Unless they are waiting for Tagon to fully take over Arthdal first so that ES can "conquer" it. 

What if Tagon 'adopts' Tanya instead? She's the same age as Saya, his son, anyway. Then she'll become 'crown princess' in her own name. I rather that than marrying her off to Saya....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

Loving this drama so far - I can't wait for Tanya to rise up and for Saya and Eunseom to meet each other. Pity that ES' side of the story is a bit slow for now, let's hope he escapes soon. Unless they are waiting for Tagon to fully take over Arthdal first so that ES can "conquer" it. 

What if Tagon 'adopts' Tanya instead? She's the same age as Saya, his son, anyway. Then she'll become 'crown princess' in her own name. I rather that than marrying her off to Saya....

ES story in general has been under whelming honestly even later on Tanya becomes someone even more important so his character loses even more impact. 

• Like 4

Episode 10 Recap

Tagon saw the Totem Markings with the message about "Aramun Haesulla came down to us in a form of an Igutu" which is I expect as Saya's scheme (but not really sure if my translation/understanding is correct)

tumblr_ptwzvjTKTw1u2dd0eo1_400.gif

Chae-Eun meet and finally knew who Tanya is, and now she will find out EunSoom is alive (YEHEY)

tumblr_ptwzvjTKTw1u2dd0eo3_400.gif

Mubaek and the head of Bachidoore tribe saw Nweanthal (do they have some connection with the young girl?)

tumblr_ptwzvjTKTw1u2dd0eo2_540.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zero Two said:

Can someone please explain to me who is ASA SIN? is she a deity?

the whole story is not done yet so we are not completely sure..  but 200 years earlier  Arthdal was found with the help of Asa Sin (is it a myth or did it happen is not important,... what matter is these superstitious people believe in her existence). 

The Asa at that time was so powerful that even one of the gods ...Aramun Haesulla (they have 8 gods)  was a man (or igutu) who became god with the blessing of the Asa clan.... and the myth  they believed...  is  one day Aramun will come back (kind of like the messiah story in Judaism/Christianity).

Then Ara Sin disappeared... they thought that she descended the great black cliff into the land of Iark.  The Wahan tribe which speaks the same language have a line of priestess who dream that a great white wolf descended from the great black cliff to protect and govern their lives.  They dream of a symbol that look like the mix between a swastika and a ninja shuroken, and practice dance that is done by the earlier Asa clan... dance that have become much more civilized and refine in the modern Arthdal (Tanya saw that in episode 9 when pretty Saya had the same paint on his face as the ritual dance of her tribe, the Wahan).

Because the Asa clan was founder  of the Arthdal tribal confederacy, they are held in great esteem and get food offering and taxation from the other tribes.  Unfortunately the main Ara line died out (or disappeared) with the current Asa clan being controlled by branch line, not direct descendant of Asa Sin (Tagon called them beogeumbari ---illegitimate child, and other people have questioned their authority).

As you notice, Arthdal despite its warlike and patrilineal governance,... on the religious side tends to be dominated by female (there are a lot more female priestess than male priest) and the legend is about the godlike mother of arthdal (Asa Sin).  The man-like god Aramun is beneath her  (in Christianity they talk about god and the son of god jesus).

• Like 6
  • Insightful 5

2 hours ago, rcalma said:

Chae-Eun meet and finally knew who Tanya is, and now she will find out EunSoom is alive (YEHEY)

Mubaek and the head of Bachidoore tribe saw Nweanthal (do they have some connection with the young girl?)

Glad that Tanya is going to find out that ES is still alive!! I wonder if that will change her plan with Saya. They seem to have become on a level playing field in EP 10 - Tanya is actually almost Saya's master already given she could control him to some degree when she threatened to join Tagon instead. She's still hiding one important fact as well - I wonder how Saya will feel when he finds out ES is actually his twin, and so the one who saw him in a dream wasn't Tanya.

For some reason, the return of the Neanthals excites me. Only thing I'm confused on - is the other person (not Nichkhun) actually the other child from the Asa Hon/Ragaz days, or is he someone else totally? I feel like they have a history with Nunbyeol - I wanted to think they saved her before her current family took her in, but she looks terrified of them... but why else would they come looking for her? Or are they following ES' "scent"?

• Like 7

Today's episode was great! But why break Eunseom's spirit? He was so broken especially after he saw Tanya say she regret meeting him. Such heartbreak. And why cause Myubaek so much trouble?

Myubaek and Eunseom are my favorite characters.  Not a fan of Tanya or Saya. Sorry.

I like the drama but I just don't see what direction the writers are going. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, herina_90 said:

For some reason, the return of the Neanthals excites me. Only thing I'm confused on - is the other person (not Nichkhun) actually the other child from the Asa Hon/Ragaz days, or is he someone else totally? I feel like they have a history with Nunbyeol - I wanted to think they saved her before her current family took her in, but she looks terrified of them... but why else would they come looking for her? Or are they following ES' "scent"?

The other Neanthal guy is Yiseuroobeu I think, he was also there at the meeting of Sanyeoks and Neanthals. Hence the other child that Asa Hon and Ragaz saved and raised still has not appeared yet.

• Like 5

Poor Tanya. With what she knows (that she is probably the representation of Asa Sin) she becomes a very sought after commodity!

Some would want her alive to increase their power (Tagon and Taelhae and Saya and probably Mubaek).  Other would want her gone to preserve their power (Asa Ron and his people).  So who to trust and who should not be trusted?  People can betray, double cross even triple cross to get what they want!  Look what the Asa clan did by suppressing the ancient religion from the original founder which some members of the White Mountain Tribe still practice (medicine woman cha-eun).

To go from laughing and dancing painting one's face..., to being motherless, enslaved and treated like a dog/ punching bag,... to power play in the complicated world of Arthdal simply to survive!... all in a few months!!!

• Like 7

Saya looked like a vampire with that makeup and cloak:D And the way he just walked in and out of the castle in the night with no problem was so funny.

And it's the second time he murders someone with no second thoughts or regrets. With all the scheming, cold blooded murders and manipulations he really does act like Tagon's son.

The last two episodes of part 2 should be very interesting. I think Tagon will be forced to do what Saya wants him to do which is embracing his Igutu identity and naming Saya his heir after becoming king of Arthdal.

• Like 6