[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

My remark might not be popular but...Tagon's character, as well as the actor who plays him, affects me the most. When he is on screen, the sheer charisma glues me to the screen. The guy radiates power. I may feel sympathy/understanding for why he is the way he is, but gosh..wow...golly-gee...that man is a magnet. :flushed: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think the entire cast is doing an excellent job, down to even minor characters. However, I am loving all the leads' performance. They are very good in their own way and come together brilliantly. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, tiger457_stv said:

Saya looks like Tanya's sister with the lipstick on to hide his blue lips!  This is one Igutu who does not like martial arts.

SJK and Lee Jung Ki are both very pretty. Pity the actress playing opposite them if they are not extra pretty. Viewers like me get distracted easily. I think DOS with Song HK gave a highly watchable couple. I apologise to the Scarlet heart fans, but I don't find the actress very pretty and my attention veered to LJK when I should be watching them. I know, so shallow of me. :lol: I could not finish watching the whole show.

TY is pretty and prettier in Fight my way. But I am sure once she's spruced up here as Saya's woman, she will look great.

I saw TH in a detective show and thought she was good looking but not in the very pretty  group. Here she looks beautiful. The clothes and her bearing really fits her role.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

My remark might not be popular but...Tagon's character, as well as the actor who plays him, affects me the most. When he is on screen, the sheer charisma glues me to the screen. The guy radiates power. I may feel sympathy/understanding for why he is the way he is, but gosh..wow...golly-gee...that man is a magnet. :flushed: 

@Takingthehighroad   Tagon exudes power and confidence and (as you said it) charisma.  That is why most everyone follow him.  The only person who truly knows his weakness and uncertainty is Taealha.  He better not makes her his enemy.

@maribella said:  """SJK and Lee Jung Ki are both very pretty. Pity the actress playing opposite them if they are not extra pretty. Viewers like me get distracted easily. I think DOS with Song HK gave a highly watchable couple. I apologise to the Scarlet heart fans, but I don't find the actress very pretty and my attention veered to LJK when I should be watching them. I know, so shallow of me. :lol: I could not finish watching the whole show.

TY is pretty and prettier in Fight my way. But I am sure once she's spruced up here as Saya's woman, she will look great.

I saw TH in a detective show and thought she was good looking but not in the very pretty  group. Here she looks beautiful. The clothes and her bearing really fits her role.""""

This reader finds that how we think of people physically depends a lot on whether we like them or not.  If they play a part of a nasty villain that we despise, we don't find them that attractive.  Take the case of  Kim Ji won (Tanya)…. this reader saw her in The Inheritors/Heirs where she played the spoil rich insecure pouty girl and just want to give a kick in the buttock despite her modern expensive stylist clothing and impeccable hairstyle.

I find her much more attractive wearing rags with blood and bruises on her face (after Hae

Tuak use it for a punching board)… because of my sympathy for the girl.

Kim Ok Bin (Taealha) to this reader is some what more attractive in Yoona's Street where she played a pick-pocketer wearing ordinary clothing, although she looks very regal as Taealha.

As for Saya, I don't know what to say! Did they have LGBT back then too?!!  Song Joong Ki definitely can cross dress and look prettier than many women!!! Gulp!

• Like 7

@maribellaaww IU is actually very beautiful in a subtle/simple way but I didn't think they styled her well as Haesoo for that show. As for KJW, she's also a subtle beauty and I didn't expect Tanya to be 'beautiful' a la Saya because it wouldn't be a genuine reflection of her character/identity. I agree with you though, she will be made more beautiful if she ends up as Saya's woman. 

• Like 4

I chose this drama because i like the whole cast although without knowing much of the storyline at the initial stage, but so far, the cast did not disappoint me because of their excellent performance and the intense storyline. :)

TG (jang dong gun) has manly and charismatic look while Saya (song joong ki) played a "girlish" look on this role due to his made up and hair style and the role that he need to portray in such manner, but I am glad that SJK took up this versatile role, it will take him to reach greater height in the near future. Saya character is the most interesting one in this drama.

In any drama or movie, we need both good and villain character roles to create conflicts in the relationship and suspense or tension in the storyline. The villain role serves as an obstacle to the hero who often struggle in the process to overcome it. In most drama, the writer will create a contrasting and distinguishing heroic traits from villainous ones, before we can see any good one become hero, we will first observe the good ones went thru the suffering process (like ES/TY) before they can reach their goals.

Nowadays, audience are smart, it's hard to label the character upfront by saying they are bad, some storyline allow us to understand better on the villain roles' upbringing or past background that made them become who they are now, why they want to take revenge, why they want to hurt/kill people, all because of human weaknesses : greed for power and vanity, self-inferior on their race/background, being abuse during young age, or jealousy being inequality or human nature selfish traits in order to survive.........

The five character roles (including the twins) are entangled in this storyline and if we understand what the writer's intention, it is easy to relate to them in this cruelty world, but in a journey to a new kingdom discovery world that we are heading to very soon...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

After rewatching episode 8 along with the preview, I understood what @bebebisous33

was saying about Mubaek trying to save Tanya's father first.  The thing is - is now the right time to save this person?  We are not sure if there is a time skip etc. at that point.  The reason I am saying this is that just like knowledge and maturity time is needed.  The father is learning a lot about that world but he has not gained enough knowledge to be more useful to Mubaek's aim to save the world.  Mubaek has already acknowledged that Eunseom is the real Aranum Haesella, but he needs to know about Tanya and Saya (find them) in order to achieve that dream.  Its the same with Tanya she is using Saya to gain knowledge and power so she has to learn about this world first.  

I am not saying that Mubaek should not save the father but when?  I think for now its best that the father stays where he is as its advantageous for all, I think when we see the episode we will understand more, maybe he is just telling him what his plans are etc.  It's not surprising that Tagon does not know that Mubaek has departed from his side because Mubaek has not shown any signs of disloyalty.  Tagon does not have the key information that Mubaek has, if he did find out Mubaek would have been dead already. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer is applicable to Mubaek here with Tagon.  What I do want is for Mubaek to find out Tanya's identity as the bell through her father letting him know of her ties to Eunseom and the fact that they were born when the comet arrived.

From the preview we see the fall of Asa Ron, the weakling crazed look at Eunseom - will he save or kill him? and Saya's increased trust in Tanya.  Tanya mentioned at the end that Saya will be her 1st weapon, so I am wondering what will be her 2nd?

Gone for now.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Okay, I've watched all the episodes. Sometimes the story is going a bit fast, but the characters are sooooo interesting. Saya is amazing, he's a calculating guy, he's not that easy to handle and I though it'll be the opposite.

Eun Seom is suffering too much, I can't anymore and it's high time he reunites with Tanya. And though I didn't want Eunseom to die, the man who took his place, maaaaaan I was SO shocked, how the hell did he deserve so much suffering, it was really sad. To finish, I really like the underlying theme like: betrayals (when Eunseom was ready to rescue those 2 Wahans, forgot their names), civilization through Yeolson ( I think) 's eyes when he went to the library. It's a great drama, a bit too fast and schemes going on with Asa Ron and Tagon that I don't always follow but yeah I guess I'll need to rewatch it kkkk.

Ah just one more thing that made me laugh, I saw some people getting so hyped because of Jisoo, it was even trending on Twt worldwide but she only appeared like 5 seconds:joy:

• Like 6

@chasen8888 I have been thinking about the reason why Mubaek says to Yeonsol in the preview, he would save him first. So far, Mubaek has never met Tanya's father, furthermore he has no idea about his abilities as well: creative, curios and intelligent. Only Tagon was able to perceive these qualities in the short moment he spent with him. Tagon is intelligent hence he could realize that he could use him for his own interest.

Taealha and her father think that Tagon will always rely on them because only the Hae tribe possesses the knowledge how to create bronze weapons. But Tagon doesn't want to be Taealha's puppet. So my theory is that Tagon will trust Mubaek and tell him what he plans with Yeonsol as he will charge him with this important task, taking care of Tanya's father. In my opinion, Yeonsol will play a major key in creating the force against Tagon, since as soon as he realizes how to create these weapons, Mubaek can take him away from Tagon and Taealha so that Tagon is forced to rely on Taealha again, furthermore Mubaek would be able to have the same advantage in order to fight against Tagon. However, he can reveal to Taealha what Tagon had planned to do so that she no longer trusts Tagon and turns to Saya because he will be introduced as Tagon's son.   

• Like 6

On 6/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think Saya is a neutral character at the moment i do think he cares but he has to act smart and manipulate people in the situation hes in, hes done nothing to make me dislike or hate his character yet. 

Same ! I'm totally rooting for him for now. I just hope he won't hurt his brother it'll be too cliché. The 3 objects aka Tanya, Eunseom and Saya should just team up already !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I mean hes a good actor and radiates power but i still dont really feel much sympathy.. to me sympathy disappears when you kill your dad and wipe out races. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, stella77 said:

@maribellaaww IU is actually very beautiful in a subtle/simple way but I didn't think they styled her well as Haesoo for that show. As for KJW, she's also a subtle beauty and I didn't expect Tanya to be 'beautiful' a la Saya because it wouldn't be a genuine reflection of her character/identity. I agree with you though, she will be made more beautiful if she ends up as Saya's woman. 

I really could not appreciate IU's looks. Whether it is the wide eyed innocent look or impish look. I have watched her in a few shows. The earlier show was called Beautiful guy or boy. The actor is SJK and LJK type, can't recall his name. I was puzzled why they chose the two of them. The producers, director etc. must like the subtle look that you described. But KJW is a very pretty woman to me. When I saw her in DOS, she was not overshadowed by SHK. 

In this show, we will get SY and ES falling for her, I hope they don't end the show with  one of them dying and being 'incorporated' into the other person. So she could be with the remaining. 

• Like 3

@BlueNotes  We are in the second season, its the third season thats in September 2019.

@bebebisous33 I do agree with you, the upcoming episode will definitely give us more clarity as to Mubaek's actions and Yeonsol's role which of course is significant in the fight against Tagon.  However, I do want Mubaek to get more information on the Wahan people as he is aware that they are the direct descendants from Asa & Risa.

Take care.

• Like 6

@sadthe1st I am in shocked but at the same time not really?!? Their relationship happened quickly and then they seem so busy that if they aren't spending time together it will be hard. I do think they did completely fell in love and it must be a hard time for them now. I wish them both the best but yah this came out of no where like their marriage actually. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I mean hes a good actor and radiates power but i still dont really feel much sympathy.. to me sympathy disappears when you kill your dad and wipe out races. 

I guess maybe the word "sympathy" might not fit but I do "feel" for Tagon - for how he was brought up & how his supposed father both hated & feared him. As a result of his upbringing, Tagon both hated & feared his own people & so destroyed them. Maybe he thought by destroying those of his blood, he would be destroying that part of himself that he hated. His "people" were thought to be primitive - no brains, only savages with great strength. It's probably just me but from the first moment Tagon spotted Tanya in the crowd, he was drawn to her. Did anybody else notice that?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Takingthehighroad said:

I guess maybe the word "sympathy" might not fit but I do "feel" for Tagon - for how he was brought up & how his supposed father both hated & feared him. As a result of his upbringing, Tagon both hated & feared his own people & so destroyed them. Maybe he thought by destroying those of his blood, he would be destroying that part of himself that he hated. His "people" were thought to be primitive - no brains, only savages with great strength. It's probably just me but from the first moment Tagon spotted Tanya in the crowd, he was drawn to her. Did anybody else notice that?

The olden day kings and emperors have done worse to grab power. I am sure the writer has modelled him and other characters on historical figures. Mothers, fathers and siblings were fair game.

When I read about them in history classes or reading about the great civilisations, I came to wonder how they could do it, patricide, matricide and others. I think it was because they were tended to by servants. There was no bonding by bathing, watching them laugh and cry ...

In this show Tagon practically grew up on the battlefield. It makes sense for him to see violence as a solution.

• Like 4