[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

40 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I think like that too. Saya is a very interesting character and his presence will have a huge impact on the pact between Tagon, Taealha and Giseon, the man from the White Mountain Tribe. Saya has already created a riff between Tagon and Taealha... he will damage much more.

Yeah he is such a wild card, I like that. And it seems like he won't have a good relationship with Eunseom (at least not for the time being).

• Like 9

I read somehwere that Jisoo character (saenare) ist going to be in the show until ep 13. if it´s true then it means that  we are either   going to see more flashbacks of her relationship with saya or she might not be dead. But I think it´s more the first one. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So Tanya wants power now and is gonna manipulate Saya to gain it... Interesting. If she wants to play and win she has to become ruthless and cunning like other major players so it seems like she is going to change drastically in the last two seasons.

Btw, how old is Taealha? I thought she was the same age as Tagon but in e8 she tells Saya she took him in when she was barely a few years older than him... so? It's a bit confusing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, mellinadear said:

I'm more upset at the horse leaving Eunseom behind.

He's not weak Kanmoru, he's just injured.

Urgh! 

I wanted Eunseom to prove his worth to that horse, I don't even care about the humans. That horse has to go back please. :bawling:

I think the horse will comeback but i do dislike how weak EunSeom is.. getting caught and beaten by random people, unless he wanted to get caught i skimmed through the episode and will watch it later. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I think the horse will comeback but i do dislike how weak EunSeom is.. getting caught and beaten by random people, unless he wanted to get caught i skimmed through the episode and will watch it later. 

He was betrayed and it was an important experience for him as he had never seen it before. EunSeom needs to learn to be more cautious and less trusting. He needs to be more careful in his future plans, developed more strategies and take into account human nature (selfishness, greed, ambition aso), something he had never seen before. 

• Like 10

For the first time there was something in the show I really agree is a huge Game of Thrones rip-off. That little girl who's the daughter of the poisoned Dabyuk is completely, 100% a Lyanna Mormont rip-off lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zolfree said:

For the first time there was something in the show I really agree is a huge Game of Thrones rip-off. That little girl who's the daughter of the poisoned Dabyuk is completely, 100% a Lyanna Mormont rip-off lol.

Nothing in GOT was very original so nothing to copy from.

45 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

He was betrayed and it was an important experience for him as he had never seen it before. EunSeom needs to learn to be more cautious and less trusting. He needs to be more careful in his future plans, developed more strategies and take into account human nature (selfishness, greed, ambition aso), something he had never seen before. 

I agree but hes a Igutu surely he can just beat all of them. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

So Tanya wants power now and is gonna manipulate Saya to gain it... Interesting. If she wants to play and win she has to become ruthless and cunning like other major players so it seems like she is going to change drastically in the last two seasons.

Btw, how old is Taealha? I thought she was the same age as Tagon but in e8 she tells Saya she took him in when she was barely a few years older than him... so? It's a bit confusing.

I think the way everything pans out in part 2 fit well with how they describe the character in Korean wiki of AC. Saya stuffs Saya's head with the belief that you can only survive if you're at the top of the power so now Tanya's ambition is to become Saya's ideal, a person who has the power over others. Tanya's not cunning, manipulative and power-hungry like Taealha but I've watched enough political shows to realize that the most innocent people could easily lose their naiveté and goodwill when they play the political games. I'm afraid that at the end of the show Tanya will feel like she's lost herself, she's no longer the childlike Wahan girl Eunseom loves anymore and can't be able to stay with a pure person like Eunseom so she remains as his "long lost" first love. :"( :cold_sweat:

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I read somehwere that Jisoo character (saenare) ist going to be in the show until ep 13. if it´s true then it means that  we are either   going to see more flashbacks of her relationship with saya or she might not be dead. But I think it´s more the first one. 

A backstory of their love story would be nice though. But I don't think they will show it, maybe some flashbacks. 

I believe Saenare is dead, Tea Huk was petrified when Saya asked her if she was the one who killed Saenare. 

13 hours ago, Moonlightsunline said:

Saya is such a j*rk in this episode, he doesn't give a flying **** about the death of his brother and wants Tanya to give up on Eunseom immediately :tired: he gives Tanya no choice. Anw, what you guys' prediction is true, Saya saw Tanya in his dreams through Eunseom's memories, he said it out loud. I don't feel the "love" Saya has for Tanya, he's really possessive and creepy. :cold_sweat: 

Saya is not aware that he has a brother so that's why he don't care who the heck Eunseom is. I think he really do believe that he is a biological son of Tagon. Also, I think Saya used to be a nice guy but he snapped and turned cold and cunning when they murdered his first love. 

I noticed that Saya and Tanya have something in common, and that is losing their first love (and reason to live), and that would serve as a connection between them. They both felt powerless then, and I believe they will team up to take revenge on those people that hurt them. I think that's the metaphor of the stone that Tanya's mother taught her, use the stone (tool/weapon) that is nearest to her, and that is Saya. 

If you guys look deeper, Saya has a good heart. He was worried when he threatened Tanya (It was his way to make Tanya strong and think and not to wallow in grief just like what he did when Saenare died; and he keeps coming back and forth murmuring "What should I do? what if she really kill herself?" lol 

and oh, I almost forgot. Tanya also cast a spell on Saya. hahaha I believe a love triangle would be possible in the future.

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, paperboat04 said:

f you guys look deeper, Saya has a good heart. He was worried when he threatened Tanya (It was his way to make Tanya strong and think and not to wallow in grief just like what he did when Saenare died; and he keeps coming back and forth murmuring "What should I do? what if she really kill herself?" lol 

I agree. I think he hates Tae Alha & laughed because he, Saya, was able to get revenge so cunningly. He's been isolated from everyone - the man he killed meant nothing to him. He knows there's not a thing Tae Alha can do; otherwise, she will alienate Tagon, her ticket to wealth & power. 

The two characters I feel for the most is Tagon & Saya, Saya kept isolated & only allowed out at night and Tagon, sensing his father's fear & hatred and always out to win approval.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, radianttreasure said:

Saya too thinks that the person that he sees in his dreams is... he himself just like Eunseom thought and both ES and Saya are unable to understand their dream. Both are not aware that they have a twin brother with same face. The only person who knows it is Tanya because she has seen both of them.and she is the only person who is awarep that both twins are seeing eachother in their dreams and not themselves. 

Yes, I don't think Saya knows that the person that was killed was supposedly his brother, or even that he was an Igutu.

The only thing that does makes sense is how Tagon hasn't noticed how Eunseom and his "son" Saya have the same face. Did he not notice because Eunseom had face paint on?

I personally do not think of this as a GoT rip-off at all. Any show with a slightly medieval theme will be compared to GoT forevermore and that's just how it's going to be. Obviously the costumes, the loooong wigs, and the "wall/cliff" with a man-made elevator - yes, sure. Oh, and they fact that yes, everyone is competing for the "throne." Which is what happened in GoT and also in all of human history, so... haha.

Anyway, my point was that there are very distinct Korean flavors in the storytelling and it's mostly about the way characters behave. I've seen GoT and the characters just aren't... emotionally resonant. I mean, GoT is a great series and all that, with amazing visuals and an interesting, intricate storyline. But aside from the garden variety "ambition" and "revenge," ultimately, I couldn't identify with any of the characters that closely, because I couldn't understand their motivations beyond the obvious.

So I feel like "Arthdal" is more interesting to me. I still don't know where the story is going, but complex emotions are what is driving the characters, and that is beginning to take shape.

• Like 11

Even though I'm having mixed feelings about Saya right now but I do believe he has good in him considering he cares about TY. He helped her to see her father and was worried she would kill herself because he's been in that predicament before. But what pissed me off was the way he talked to her about ES. He knows what it is like to lose someone that you love, be more considerate of how she's feeling. Like why would you do that? (But we know ES' not dead, they don't though.) She had every right to beat him up, I'm glad she did! I also like that fact that TY plans to rise in power...This is getting exciting!

@Moonlightsunline why should Saya care? He doesn't even know ES is his brother, let alone twin. He doesn't know anything about his real family, he doesn't even know he's adopted. You have to remember the type of environment that he's in and who he has been raised by including TH killed the woman that he loved.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

She had every right to beat him up, I'm glad she did! I also like that fact that TY plans to rise in power...This is getting exciting!

I am curious if Saya would be strong as Eunseom. Since we saw how weak he is when Tanya beat him up and doesn't like to fight. lol Remember how Hae Too-ak teaches him to fight but he refuses? Saya is still an Igutu, I am curious how his super strength will awaken.

• Like 8

I don't think Saya is a bad character BUT, I do think that after he lost his first love, he immediately had a heel face turn similar to Tanya and decided to have ambitions of power so that he would never be that vulnerable again. Also, he grew up in Arthdal so he does have those views of elitism where he does think of the wahan tribe as barbarians.

He calls Tagon father but more importantly, he asserts his right as Tagon's heir to the throne. I think he purposely goaded Tanya like that to snap her out of her dazed state and considering the fact that he saw her in his dreams, may have realised she could be an important person for him to have beside him. It almost mirrors the relationship Tagon and Taelha have. It's kinda ironic that tagon's heir turned out to be just as cunning as him even though they aren't related by blood and it would be befitting if Saya is the one to turn on Tagon similar to how Tagon killed his father. 

• Like 8

Saya struck me as amoral. He was brought up in seclusion by a conniving ambitious woman. He did not seem to care for what is right or wrong, just follows his feelings. For example, he wondered what would happened if Danbyeok died instead of the priest. He switched the drinks obviously without thinking about the two involved.

But I wondered why TH allowed him access to the outside when he had to be reading only books.

• Like 5

Saya treats Tanya quite harsh because he doesn't realize that he loves her (he even still wondered why he cared for that "filthy barbarian" girl in the last ep, hahaha). So I'm really looking forward to seeing how Saya figures out that he loves Tanya in the next episodes. :lol:

• Like 4