[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

tnN released poster of Part 2

201906191052261692_d.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arthdal Chronicles" Set to Begin Part 2 Among Uncertainty

"Arthdal Chronicles" was first pitched and promoted as being a story to be told in three parts, each one six episodes long. Now that the first six episodes have ended and "Arthdal Chronicles" is set to begin part two, uncertainty abounds as to whether the drama will be able to maintain viewers or whether they will take advantage of the break to simply give up watching entirely.

"Arthdal Chronicles" has been struggling with weak viewer interest ever since it premiered. The ambiguous setting and even the special effects have been frequent targets of criticism. Because the drama was pre-produced, there's no practical way for the production company to address complaints.

But even if such a drop is avoided this week, Part 3 of "Arthdal Chronicles" is set to begin in September, with "Hotel Del Luna" airing between parts 2 and 3. It is extremely unclear how many viewers will come back for Part 3 given current anemic levels of interest. It's surpising to look back and see that screenwriter Park Sang-yeon was discussing last month about the prospect of building this mythology into a tenth season. Such optimism, in retrospect, comes off as premature.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-arthdal-chronicles-set-to-begin-part-2-among-uncertainty-130672.html

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I mean if season two is good why wont people watch the last season, if viewers stick around and WOM grows then season 3 should be fine. 

Also its surprising anyone supports Tagon at all considering how evil he is .. killed two races and he killed Ragaz which means i hate him. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I mean if season two is good why wont people watch the last season, if viewers stick around and WOM grows then season 3 should be fine. 

Also its surprising anyone supports Tagon at all considering how evil he is .. killed two races and he killed Ragaz which means i hate him. 

Hi @ForgottenSoulx. Long time no see. 

Yes , Tago is evil only due to his mistreatment as a child. Don’t hate him please, pity him. He is ambitious because his parents tried to kill him. He killed his people because he wanted to live. He did not want to be abandoned. Sure his father loved him at the beginning but as he grew , he became jealous but still used his kid to his own advantage until he didn’t need him anymore. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

Yes , Tago is evil only due to his mistreatment as a child. Don’t hate him please, pity him. He is ambitious because his parents tried to kill him. He killed his people because he wanted to live. He did not want to be abandoned. Sure his father loved him at the beginning but as he grew , he became jealous but still used his kid to his own advantage until he didn’t need him anymore. 

Dear chingu @UnniSarah, long time no see. :)

Yet, I have to disagree with you in one aspect. Tagon doesn't deserve pity because he killed his own mother, although she did nothing to him. He killed the Neanthals and the Igutus on his own accord. Remember that Tagon proposed the idea of getting rid of the Neanthals in exchange of his stay in Arthdal.

Sure, on the other hand, his father is partially responsible for Tagon's actions. He attempted to kill him in order to stop the prophecy to come true which actually triggered Tagon to change. Yet, his ambition has nothing to do with his father. After killing him, he declares that he wants to create a huge strong nation which outlines Tagon's hunger for power. Tagon had his own dream from the start but he let his father use him as long as it was helping him to realize his own dream. He was definitely not satisfied with the way the things are... 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Hello Chingu @bebebisous33 Yes it has beeen a long time ...great to see you. 

You are correct , he did kill his mom. I assumed he killed her out of self defense. I thought both parents tried to kill him to stop the prophecy. In the flashbacks “ Tagon said I wanted to live when his father said you killed your mother “. It is their attempt to kill  that changed him and that is another reason I pity him. I want to stop pitying him but can’t seem to stop. :tears:  This change in Tagon brought forward ES, TY ans SY to destroy the world. I think the prophecy spoken was misunderstood from the beginning. I think their destroying the world was misinterpreted because Tagon’s tribe is destroying the world because of their mass killing and conquering villages. The three objects came forth to save the world from Tagon. 

Question. I am watching this in Netflix and I am not sure if I am understanding this drama well. Is Netflix subs perfect???

That is why I came here for other insights to better understand. 

While was watching 

Question Did Asan Sakan tell Moo- Baek to help Tagon???

I have always thought Moo Baek considered Tagon to be sociopath. A man cold and ambitious. Why would Asan Sakan tell Moo Baek to help Tagon when Tagon is the one they should be protecting the world from??? 

• Like 1

Hello Chingu @bebebisous33 Yes it has beeen a long time ...great to see you. 

You are correct , he did kill his mom. I assumed he killed her out of self defense. I thought both parents tried to kill him to stop the prophecy. In the flashbacks “ Tagon said 1. I wanted to live when his father said you killed your mother “. It is their attempt to kill  that changed him and that is another reason I pity him. I want to stop pitying him but can’t seem to stop. :tears:  This change in Tagon brought forward ES, TY ans SY to destroy the world. I think the prophecy spoken was misunderstood from the beginning. I think their destroying the world was misinterpreted because Tagon’s tribe is destroying the world because of their mass killing and conquering villages. The three objects came forth to save the world from Tagon. 

Question. I am watching this in Netflix and I am not sure if I am understanding this drama well. Is Netflix subs perfect???

That is why I came here for other insights to better understand. 

While was watching 

Question 2. Did Asan Sakan tell Moo- Baek to help Tagon???

I have always thought Moo Baek considered Tagon to be sociopath. A man cold and ambitious. Why would Asan Sakan tell Moo Baek to help Tagon when Tagon is the one they should be protecting the world from??? 

1. Sure, Tagon's words could have been understood like that. However, Tagon proposed the deal (erasing the Neanthals) because his father asked him to leave Arthdal. He considered exile as death and chose to kill his mother and her tribe in order to remain in Arthdal. His mother never tried to kill him. And the fact that he considered exile as death reveal his true personality: he needs power to feel alive. By remaining by his father's side, he was connected to power. Without his father's presence, he would have become nothing. Even his father realized his son's own greed and ambition. 

2. The Asa clan, the White mountain Tribe, is considered as very powerful because only their members are able to understand gods and their will. They use their special bound to the gods to submit other tribes. Don't forget that the other tribes are forced to give their harvest to The White Mountain tribe. That's why Tagon used the cult of Aramun Haesulla. By letting people think that he was the vessel of Aramun Haesulla, he is able to steal some power from the Asa Clan. Asa Ron becomes obsolete as Tagon is now the voice from  the gods. 

Furthermore, if you look carefully, you'll notice that the members of this tribe started losing their mystical powers. In order to be in contact with the gods, Asa Ron had to use dangerous smoke. He was not able to get a message from the gods directly. Even Asa Sakan confessed that she couldn't understand the gods any longer. Both observations underline that the members from this tribe lost their powers. Besides, Asa Ron even used "gods' messages" in order to reinforce his status and position.

Asa Sakan has more mystic power than Asa Ron, yet she is not different from him because she is more concerned about maintaining their power. Her earthly concerns have made her forget what was really important. However, while Asa Ron used his position in order to gain himself more power, I suspect that Asa Sakan thinks more about her tribe. She is less self-centered.

Since we saw Asa Ron more than her, we have to imagine that Asa Ron wanted to use Sanung and Mihol in order to increase his own position that's why he had no problem to sacrifice Asa Hon. He was in the end just greedy and I sense that Asa Sakan is not really different. Through the Union, her clan became powerful and even if Tagon gets rid of Asa Ron, he still needs the white Mountain tribe in order to legitimate his sovereignty, hence Asa Sakan doesn't see Tagon as an evildoer. He won't destroy the White Mountain Tribe as he needs it. They will become his biggest support in the end. Religion as legitimation for sovereignty is something very common in History, especially during the Middle-Age and Absolutism.

The Cheonbuin announces the end of Saram which means, The White Mountain Tribe will lose his special position. It is no longer the vessel between humans and gods.   As conclusion, this explains why Asa Sakan wants to support Tagon, while Asa Ron had a different goal. However, they are both too greedy hence they lost their abilities to interpret gods' messages.  

I hope, this is understandable. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Thanks again @bebebisous33.  Your explanation was perfect. I agree with you.

I hope Moo Baek make the right choices. After all he is the Narrator to this story. He found the origins Totem and now need to make the right choice. I suspect he will be alive at the end of this drama. 

Tan-ya is connected to Asan Clan. I think her ancestors ran away because They did not like how the Asa Clan was becoming because of their greed for power. She is the one the Gods will speak too and Ta-Gon will try to take advantage of that if he doesn’t get her back. 

@scarletlover1 Ta -Gon will fall for Tan-ya because of her honesty and love for the Ingitu. Ta-Gon love Taealha but her ambition is the one thing that stops him from being totally loyal to her. 

What do you guys think??

• Like 1

I think it's unrealistic that Asa Hon never told her son about his identity, his father, his twin brother, her past and why they had to hide. I mean they were together hiding for ten years, so you expect them to talk about this stuff.

And I hope they tell us more about Tagon's mother and their relationship.

Ta -Gon will fall for Tan-ya because of her honesty and love for the Ingitu. Ta-Gon love Taealha but her ambition is the one thing that stops him from being totally loyal to her. 

What do you guys think??

I don't like it tbh but I'm not a fan of love triangles in general. if it happens I hope They don't reduce Taealha into Tagon's bitter and vengeful ex-girlfriend.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Same here , but Ta-Gon keeps looking at her strangely. That is the vibe I am getting. I maybe wrong @Gumiho9.... It never registered that Taealha will become a bitter and vengeful ex-girlfriend. Let’s all chant that I UnniSarah is wrong. It would so refreshing if there was no love triangle. It would make the drama so Interesting. I also hate triangles because anything goes. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Same here , but Ta-Gon keeps looking at her strangely. That is the vibe I am getting. I maybe wrong @Gumiho9.... It never registered that Taealha will become a bitter and vengeful ex-girlfriend. Let’s all chant that I UnniSarah is wrong. It would so refreshing if there was no love triangle. It would make the drama so Interesting. I also hate triangles because anything goes. 

TH is also very ambitious, it looked like she egged on TG to pretend to be the god so as to be king. Of course, that seals her ambition too.

Was ES killed in the last episode? Or faked death? The girl who was giving ES a lot of information seemed too close to him. If they set TY as SY's wife, this girl could become ES' other half. I have seen KD which had a main guy marrying none of the mains but quite a minor character. They then proceeded to build the character.

It would be disappointing if ES and TY are split.

• Like 5

So here is my opinion about the relationship between Tanya and Eunseom, Saya, Tagon, I think at first, the writers planned to have a love triangle between Eunseom, Tanya and Tagon (so we had a rumor of Tagon x Tanya before the drama aired), but then they wanted a surprise plus they only had a limited time (18 EPs to go) so they let Song Joong Ki played both Eunseom and Saya and let both brothers loved Tanya. So at the end of part 1, they didn't let Tagon develop any romantic feeling for Tanya, while they hinted us about the (love) triangle between two brothers and Tanya (to be honest, it's not just a hint anymore, they've already clarified that Saya will love Tanya in the relationship chart of part 2). The love Saya has for Tanya is less complicated to explain because we've already known that Eunseom could see Saya's world so of course, Saya could do the same, and Tanya is Eunseom's world, she is "his friend, his mom and his lover" (according to SJK), so Saya loves Tanya because he can feel that his brother loves this girl dearly. In this way, Tanya has nurtured two brothers at the same time without knowing it. So basically the three have a complicated, indefinable and spiritual bond, and not to mention that the prophecy has already sealed their fate since the beginning, and somehow, the bond makes their love triangle less awkward and forced. :lol:

Edited by Blackfyres
  • Like 6
  • Insightful 4

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Nah i think this is making excuses you can be mistreated as a child and still not be evil , i mean i can pity his character but still hate him. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Dear chingu @UnniSarah, long time no see. :)

Yet, I have to disagree with you in one aspect. Tagon doesn't deserve pity because he killed his own mother, although she did nothing to him. He killed the Neanthals and the Igutus on his own accord. Remember that Tagon proposed the idea of getting rid of the Neanthals in exchange of his stay in Arthdal.

Sure, on the other hand, his father is partially responsible for Tagon's actions. He attempted to kill him in order to stop the prophecy to come true which actually triggered Tagon to change. Yet, his ambition has nothing to do with his father. After killing him, he declares that he wants to create a huge strong nation which outlines Tagon's hunger for power. Tagon had his own dream from the start but he let his father use him as long as it was helping him to realize his own dream. He was definitely not satisfied with the way the things are... 

Agree.. thing with igatus is.. they learn fast

tagaon saw sarams and given his high intellect , perceived politics even faster..

and given his high intellect and the strong base of high level mind games of saram, he could think beyond (just as Eunsome can think beyond what he has been taught by wahans')..

so tagon is a fairly calculative guy. .. not lusting for love or companionship.. but he likes power

• Like 4

A fantasy drama with a complicated background like AC really needs at least 40 episodes to pan out all of it's potential, 18 eps only is just too rush. No wonder why they need SJK to play twin brothers who love Tanya, it's like they tell SJK to split himself into halves, one will follow the war route to defeat the bad guys, one will follow the romance route to develop the relationship with Tanya, and when the time comes the twin will probably "merge" to become Aramun with "two voices" :joy:

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

Tanya, and when the time comes the twin will probably "merge" to become Aramun with "two voices:joy:

Much as I would be sad to have ES without TY,  poor woman has gone through enough, it has to be one or none. :rolleyes: After all she is going to be the next reverend mother.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Love your comments you explain everything so perfectly and correct. 

9 hours ago, Gumiho9 said:

I think it's unrealistic that Asa Hon never told her son about his identity, his father, his twin brother, her past and why they had to hide. I mean they were together hiding for ten years, so you expect them to talk about this stuff.

And I hope they tell us more about Tagon's mother and their relationship.

I don't like it tbh but I'm not a fan of love triangles in general. if it happens I hope They don't reduce Taealha into Tagon's bitter and vengeful ex-girlfriend.

I thought it was unrealistic at first that Asa hon never told Eunseom about that either but the more i think about it i sort of understand why.. He would want revenge for his dead father,brother,tribe and i dont think she wanted her son to go through hell or dying to achieve that. I also agree i hate love triangles im so bored of them in literally every Korean drama and the second lead always suffers . 

8 hours ago, Blackfyres said:

So here is my opinion about the relationship between Tanya and Eunseom, Saya, Tagon, I think at first, the writers planned to have a love triangle between Eunseom, Tanya and Tagon (so we had a rumor of Tagon x Tanya before the drama aired), but then they wanted a surprise plus they only had a limited time (18 EPs to go) so they let Song Joong Ki played both Eunseom and Saya and let both brothers loved Tanya. So at the end of part 1, they didn't let Tagon develop any romantic feeling for Tanya, while they hinted us about the (love) triangle between two brothers and Tanya (to be honest, it's not just a hint anymore, they've already clarified that Saya will love Tanya in the relationship chart of part 2). The love Saya has for Tanya is less complicated to explain because we've already known that Eunseom could see Saya's world so of course, Saya could do the same, and Tanya is Eunseom's world, she is "his friend, his mom and his lover" (according to SJK), so Saya loves Tanya because he can feel that his brother loves this girl dearly. In this way, Tanya has nurtured two brothers at the same time without knowing it. So basically the three have a complicated, indefinable and spiritual bond, and not to mention that the prophecy has already sealed their fate since the beginning, and somehow, the bond makes their love triangle less awkward and forced. :lol:

The way you explained this was perfect and makes so much sense i support this love triangle more then Tagon being involved with Tanya this love Triangle feels less forced and makes sense based on what you explained. 

I wonder if the boys are connected feeling wise as well. 

• Like 3

On 6/18/2019 at 3:29 PM, ForgottenSoulx said:

Yeah you are right lets wait and see what happens i hope your right. 

I mean it could be a situation where Tanya is being forced to marry Saya and whats that causes the brothers to fight, if these two end up together it needs amazing development for me to like it. 

I dont think hes grey at all hes straight up bad and evil.

I think this is just guesses or as i said above tanya being forced to marry saya for political reasons once Tagon becomes the first king, even though i thought Eunseom becomes the first official king. 

I wont support them endgame though unless it has good development. 

On 6/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, Gumiho9 said:

What a cute family.:D But what about Eunseom? And Tagon is gonna survive?:huh: Anything about Taealha being a Neanthal? So many questions :D if  there is more info please share :)

Here is all the key information of the main characters from the Korean wiki, it was public on the wiki before the drama aired.

Eunseom will become the conqueror of Arthdal
(푸른돌 마을의 유목민이며 훗날 도시국가에서 제국으로 향하는 아스달의 정복자가 된다. )

Tagon is the war hero and ruler of Arthdal
(새녘족 족장인 산웅의 아들. 아스달의 전쟁 영웅으로, 사람과 뇌안탈의 20년 대전쟁을 승리로 이끈 ‘아스달의 지배자’다. )

Tanya is the first princess consort of Arthdal. She later becomes the most honorable being of Arthdal (This line is really mysterious, many fans are speculating that Tanya is going to be the symbol of the goddess) and her ambition is to become the first great female politician of the Arthdal empire.
(阿斯达帝国最初的皇太子妃 / 훗날 아스달에서 가장 존귀한 존재가 되어, 제국 아스달 최초의 위대한 여성 정치가로서의 야망을 펼친다. 또한 제국 아스달 최초의 황태자비이며 은섬의 첫사랑이기도 하다.)

Taealha is the most powerful woman in Arthdal. The character is also inspired by Melisandre from GOT and she's dressed like Melisandre. (maybe this is a clue for  the future of this character?)

At first, a lot of fans thought Eunseom is going to be the first king because he will be the conqueror, but after episode 6, they realized that how could Eunseom marry Tanya to another prince if he's the king? he's still very much in love with the girl. Then they speculate that Tagon is probably going to succeed and becomes the first king of Arthdal, then he probably will force Tanya to marry his "son" Saya (the prince). And then the great war will come and Eunseom will fulfill his destiny and conquer Arthdal from Tagon's rule.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4